MultiChoice Africa / DSTVovercharging

G

Date of incident: 5 February 2018.

ID [protected]

I enquired about double subscription fees I discovered at the beginning of this month. The representative alerted me to the fact that I was being billed for two decoders while I had only one. It emerged that when I bought an Explora decoder from a registered dealer, who also installed the decoder three years ago, a new contract was initiated, but the contract on the old decoder was never cancelled. I was never informed that I have to hand the old decoder back, in fact the installer suggested I sell the older decoder. Consequently I have been paying for two contracts whereas I have only one tv. I was never informed that I have to cancel the a contract.

What can I do to recover three years of subscriptions?

• Mi
    Minentle Feb 06, 2021

can someone assist, the term of my agreement for a price lock was R549.00 but i ended up paying R643.00 despite all that the PVR has been cut off (apparently i need to upgrade) now i'm told i need to pay R325 for re-connection. you obviously cannot get through to call centre agents and if you do you get different confusing messages. can someone please assist. those watts ups numbers are just one automated answers which do not serve a purpose.

Matsila Pleasure Apr 21, 2020

I made my 2y contract in end of February thinking the price is really R549 now I'm paying R849 or R1018 not not knowing what's going on.I went to ranburg to complain about it and call them so many times still they told me they will solve it for 2 months I'm struggling with paying more.. All I want is my money back or I'm taking them to court cause they promise a lie to us.. Now is lock down you can't even talk to them or go to them. Even their Whatsapp it doesn't help at all. I'm so pissed that Im going to them after Lock down with a lawyer.. [[email protected]]

• In
    Inocent1590 Feb 17, 2020

Good day
    Im inocent mapaya [protected]

Im complaining about overcharging me on my dstv and i want to make arrangement of paying on Friday because i jave a delay on my payment they saying ill get it on friday ...

Thanks