MTN Outletunsatisfied with the phone given

O Review updated:

My contract was up for a possible renewal with mtn. I went to mtn the glen to renew my contract. I chose a nokia for business which I returned to the outlet within 48 hours. I was not happy with the features of the phone.In fact my personal view was that the phone is over marketed and the features were exaggerated. The outlet was not prepared to listen at my problem instead they disregarded my complaint and raised a lot of unjustified issues which I was never alerted nor do they exist in my contract. Mtn was not at all helpful instead they send me back to the outlet.

• Updated by Abasiekeme · Aug 29, 2019

I want to retrieve my puk code for ma phone number 08160358405

• Bo
    Bonny Jul 03, 2008

mtn is pathetic

• Ms
    M. Sayed Jun 24, 2009

I have had equally poor service from an MTN outlet and the call center when trying to cancel my contract. The service standards at MTN has been consistently poor and I am moving to Vodacom where service standards for me have been much better.

• Ab
    abimbola akinlabi Aug 20, 2018

I sell recharge card, but I sold a recharge to aguy, he return it and told me the network is bad but when I sold it to another person they told me it has been used but when I check his it not there I want to know the number that load it the serial number is 3874911055031306 thanks my number is 08137486399

Samkelo Samxolo Kweza Sep 10, 2018

I put R65 airtime to buy 1GIG weekly data about an hour ago but it seems i just threw it down the drain coz i only have 164MB left but i havent used any data...whats goin on? Where's my data??

• Po
    podmusic7 Sep 10, 2018

Someone opened an account using my bank details and mtn is now billing me

• Tr
    Troy Gaysman Sep 10, 2018

I was called about my upgrade by MTN franchise 2 months ago and was told my new device would be delivered, 2 weeks later no device delivered, i called mtn & was told they have no stock of the device, requested cancellation, 2 months later it is not done, ive called MTN 15 times and there is no record of my request even after speaking to 4 managers

• Sb
    SBO8 Sep 10, 2018

i have received an sms notifying me of my debit order from mtn of R550. I then went to mtn store and they didn't want to help me they say they are offline though they are assisting other customers. i want mtn to close this contract because i have not opened any account from mtn. i am going to take legal action against mtn if they don't assist me.

Samantha Barnes Nov 11, 2018

I have a limit on my cell phone account.

My account with MTN is not in arrears.
    How on earth is it possible that I am billed R900 for my current account?

My account is usually R382.
    Never more than R450.
    I will get to the bottom of this, failing which I shall change my cell phone provider.

Regards
    Samantha Barnes
    Johannesburg

• Re
    Reviewer38282 Nov 19, 2018

Mtn didn't keep to my credit limit and made excessive billings on roaming. No assistance has been received form the billings queries manager and I have now reported mtn to the national consumer council

• Ev
    EvEstd Nov 20, 2018

I need to settle my MTN account, but the nr provided for the Legal department does not answer. Please help with the correct details.

Anthony Minnaar Jan 22, 2019

I have been wrongly billed. After numerous complaints with no help. I approached Cradle Stone in November'18. She logged a query again and came back to me a week later with a resolution at long last. I was to pay +-R6400 and MTN to reimburse me with +-R2000. I paid December'18, but the blacklisting has not lifted after numerous complaints.

• So
    soqobo Feb 11, 2019

I don't like mtn service it's bad service
    .I have a contract with mtn and had an accident with my phone they take long to help me and I'm still waiting for them even today.I don't have a phone even now they said I must wait for their email.pls help me .my name is mbali tshabalala.

• Th
    Thatoocleano Cleano Feb 12, 2019

It's been three months now, I subscribed for a 15gigs data bundle from mtn and I only received 10gigs of data but they still deducting the full amount every month. It's annoying because their 808 customer care centre is not helping at all.

• Vm
    VM Naidoo Jul 28, 2019

I was approved for a new device.

My numnber is 072 714 0339 in June 2019.

To date no delivery. I spoke to a consultant by the bame of Thomas in Gauteng contact centre.

maritza massyn Sep 04, 2019

The staff ( juanita) is ALWAYS too busy to assist with anything, when you phone in with a query she will lock the ticket and never does it.

• Ab

Linda Finberg Sep 21, 2019

According to mtn im done paying them but according to vvm i still owe 4500

• Zu
    Zubairu Muhammad Sokomba Sep 24, 2019

Please help me provide the p u k as much as possible thank you.

• Le
    leonard katende Sep 28, 2019

requesting to connect miy number to access the services as of now am cut off am using a smart phone j6plus .thnx and looking forward for your support

Jolayemi Nov 13, 2019

I am Jolayemi Kehinde Omololu, I want to retrieve my puk number. My sim was locked while trying to protect my number because of what is going on in my environment and I also use it for different registrations. This Sim is my main line which is so important to me, you can reach me on [email protected] or 09039184625. Thanks

• If
    Ifegbuike chinyere Nov 17, 2019

Please my name is Ifegbuike chinyere with 07031394348. I tried to unlock my sim and I was asked to put the PUK number. The numbers I usually call are 08035406531, 08036760113 and 08064671457. Thanks

• Gl
    Gloria Nanyonga Jan 18, 2020

I have received a message on my mtn number from Uganda that I have won $1, 900, 000GBP and to claim that I should send an email to the provided email address. Please help me understand and verify if this award is true and how best I can receive these funds. My email is [email protected]

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices