MTNcellphone repair

T

I took my cellphone in for repairs on 20June 2017 as I couldn't make or receive calls and send sms. I was told my phone doesn't have network and that it should take about a week or so to fix. However the official documents say 6 to 8 weeks.it is now over 8 weeks and i still do not have a phone. They have admitted that they cannot fix the phone but now that they have to give me a new phone they have been sending me up and down. I am paying for my contract every month yet i don't have a phone in which i can insert my sim card. This is the worst service ever and if this is ever resolved I am canceling my contract and moving to another network which is more efficient and customer friendly.

Nadia Aug 31, 2008

Horrible service delivery and pathetic reception! I lodged a inquiry about a technician to come and assist us with the installation of a special areal for our 3G card 3 weeks ago - after he came to our house the aerial he gave us never worked and then we called him through the mtn network inquiries number a shocking 5 times in total!

He only returned our call by sms and said he would contact us asap. After calling another 4 times he still hasn't contacted us back and Mtn sais they did send him a email each time i called - but yet he still hasn't contacted us back.

I am very disgusted at the service of Mtn and the poor reception of the boksburg area - as the technician and Mtn stated they use Vodacoms tower and don't have their own one in Bokburg - which to me is ridiculous as you state in your Advertisements " Everywhere you go" but obviously not Boksburg.

We have also asked them 3 times to send our bill to our new address yet it still gets sent to our old house. Our bills have also been full of mistakes and when we ask them to email it - and they say they will - it still wasn't sent.

Maybe we should all take our business to Vodacom, since Mtn doesn't value customers who reside in Boksburg.

Nadia van Wyk
    [protected].

Jacob Oct 07, 2008

Money is disappearing from my daughters pay as you go account.

Once she win a R30.00 credit just to find it removed the next
    day. She bought a R20.00 voucher but it also disappeared from her account. I recommended changing to Cell C. Her cell number is [protected]

• Av
    Avv Oct 19, 2008

My phone had to get a software upgrade, it took 3 months to get it back!!! 3 MONTHS, if I call to track its progress, you hold on for about an hour. After I recieved it back, I couldn't recieve MMS's any longer. I could send though. This was after I requested the MMS settings.

Within the past week, I have send 3 emails regarding authentication certificates to them. As I am not able to go into cerain sites. I am STILL, awaiting respons

• Le
    Leonie Nov 03, 2008

I have a problem getting my GPRS settings from MTN. I have phoned them for a week none stop and I even sms the codes that was given to me for the settings, whenever I speak to a consultant I get told that the settings is being sent to me but it just never comes through, I cannot browse any websites on my cellphone and this is a problem for me because I cannot even check my emails, MTN's service has really gone down.

joan Nov 27, 2008

a friend was play with my mobile phone, and she got my sim locked and i have misplaced my sim pack where i can get my puk no.my mobile no is [protected] but can aternatively reach me through [protected] for the puk no

yours joan

• Ok
    Okogbe G. Thompson Dec 02, 2008

Please i mistakingly scratch off a recharge card pin, that was Monday, 1st Decmber, 2017, between 7am 8am.
    since then i have been trying my best to call the customer care but all what i heard was music, non of the agent attended to me.
    Please for God sake try by all means to assist me recharge my account.
    This is the recharge card serial number : ([protected])
    GSM Number : [protected].
    Thanks and God Bless.

Thompson G. O.

• Ai
    Aisivbioje peterson Dec 05, 2008

I bought an mtn recharge card on the 27 of november, i over scrachted the pin number, i havd called 180, the said i should go onlin.the serial number([protected])my phone number([protected]) .thanks.

• Ms
    ms_thang8319 Dec 09, 2008

Brad tells you he has connections he does head shots for models, commerical, videos, glamour, runway beauty

He made me believe he can help me become an model helping me to make a profolio. Brad is an example of a scam artist he scam me of 278 dollars for photo shots that on my american express bill which now im in debt because I went over my spending limit messing with brad west if that is his name

• Sy
    sylvester otas Jan 13, 2009

i have forgotten my barring password on the mtn [protected]

CHANDREA STEWART Jan 14, 2009

Second time I complain - as nothing was done bout my 1st complaint. I just called mtn now again to find out when my refund wil be done they said need to log query - im sick of this incompetence !!! Spoke to banda mpelunza ref 2138216 3:30pm 14/01/2017

But according to the response of my 1st complaint on hello peter said it was logged 19/12/2017 - the was the response : hello chandrea

The line has been cancelled and request for refund escalated to billing department which was passed 19 december' 08.

Regards,

Andre
    Mtn service provider

Hello whats happening ???

• Wi
    Winile Maphanga Mar 17, 2009

I went to mtn - menlyn as I was due for an upgrade, when I got there on the 17th february 2017 they didn't have the blackberry 8310 the pink one on promotion. A consultant said that she will get the phone from the warehouse for me failing which the red one should be arriving soon. She said that it would take up to two weeks to recieve the phone. She also informed me that they will deliver the phone to me. So she said I should sign the contract which I did. She sent me an e-mailing informing me that the are having problems getting the pink phone for me, so I e-mailed make informing her that I would be just as happy with the red one.

One and a half week later and I have heard nathing from them so I called, and the consultant was not there so I left a message and nathing happened. I called again after two day and spoke to another consultant and he promised to have the manager call me back, but three days went by and nathing. I called them again and spoke to a different consultant and he informed me that he will have the manager return my call this time arrived and that there were two phones in stock like the one I had ordered.

The date is now 13th of march 2017 close to a month with no phone or any feedback from the consultants or the manager. The first consultant called on the 14th and said my phone had arrived and could only be delivered it on the 16th march 2017. Can you believe the nerve after waiting for so long. I have been with the network for over 10 years and this is the thank you that I get.

On the 15th march I desided to drive to menlyn mind you my place is not around the corner from menlyn. I get there and another consultant helps me, she phones the first consultant as she was not there. The next thing I am asked to sign another contract because they can't find the other one. Only then was I inform that the price of the phone has since gone up, bingo that is why they wanted me to sign the new one.

Hello, why didn't they inform me when they called to say that it had arrived. I found thier service pathetic to say the least. After the the problems I went through, to get the phone.
    I told the consultant that I wasn't prepared to pay the new price as my contract was signed on the old price. The manager was not in so she went to call him but as always he was no where to be found.

I have had enough and I will spread the word about the service I recieved to anyone that will listen. Stay away from mtn and you will be happy. There are two other networks and its time we made use of them. So I have desided to port my mtn number to vodacom.

• Hp
    HP Scheepers May 11, 2009

Please please what is wrong with mtn signal ? I work only with cellphones and the mtn reception is terrible. I changed from vodacom because of this problem and the same thing is happening with mtn
    During the day there is little or no reception, but later in the evenings it does seem to get stronger.
    I am a drilling contractor and need to be in contact with my workers at all times.

Yours Truly

HP Scheepers

AngelHeart Jul 06, 2009

Hi,
    Horrible reception is not the word. I have to deal with 'NO RECEPTION'' or sometimes cutting of calls where the caller tells me that i've cut them when they try calling me. Only to find that this is not the case.

Now lately i have been getting the cannot connect tone.

MTN whats happening???
    By the looks of things I will be moving away from MTN next year.

chantellB Jul 07, 2009

Rekening detail:
    Account no:A0656767
    Cellular Phone no: [protected]

Ek het al 3 maande terug van MTN na Vodacom geport en onvang nosgsteeds state van MTN.

Ek probeer die afgelope 3 dae MTN skakel(Call Centre, MTN tak en
    Die hoofkantoo) maar word elke keer net weer verwys na hulle
    Call centre, ek het verkeie kere gebel waar ek van 7min to 25+min aanhou.

Toe ek die hoofkantoor weerrens bel, het die ontvangs dame my net weer dood eenvoudig deurgesit, sonder om te luister na my klagte en weereens na die Call centre deur gesit nadat ek vir haar gese het ek wyer om weer aanhou nie...
    Ek het vandag weer gebel altesaam 30min aangehou, en kry geen antwoord by call centre...help asb

My cellnommer: [protected]
    Kontak behoort aan: Chantell de Jager (Becker)

• Le
    Leko Aug 02, 2009

i bought a cellphone at a truworths store about 9 odd months ago and now its useless as it wont charge anymore. i tried sending it to a mtn shop to be repaired(under the 12 mth warranty) but was told to take it to vodacare as they dont do repaires...must say that was a little surpricing. so now im stuck with a phone that doesnt work. mtn your services will never matsh up to vodacoms services if this is anything to go by. where can i take my phone in for repairs before the warranty expires.

[protected]@gmail.com

• Ib
    ibraheem Aug 05, 2009

I HAVE PROBLEM OF OUT GOING CALL IS BARRED I WAN U TO CANCEL IT THE NUMBER IS [protected]

nafiu Aug 11, 2009

name not find on the winners list after been recieve sms congratulated me and i see nothing on the www.mtnfifacup.tk as indicated on the sms, please.

• Ju
    justin samuel Aug 12, 2009

a message was sent to me that i win [protected] million naira and a trip to south africa, pls if it is true pls send me another confirmation today 12/08/2017 this is my number [protected] thanks

• Mr
    Mr Adesugba O. Akeju Aug 24, 2009

My name is Mr Adesogba O.Akejua a message was sent to me on the o7/08 2017 that i win [protected] million naira and a trip to south africa, pls if it is true pls send me another confirmation today 24/08/2017 this is my number [protected] and my code number is 462070 and how to cash the money.

• Ta
    tashx Sep 10, 2009

MTN-MTY PROMISES - Dishonest personified
    In December 2017 I received a call from MTN to say that I was due for an upgrade. When I proceeded to collect my upgrade from MTN K90, I was told that unfortunately I was not due for an upgrade. Now 9 months later I tried again to get my upgrade from MTN K90 and the sales consultant asked me why I have not collected my upgrade in 57months. I told the lady that last year I came to collect my upgrade and was told that I was not due for one and that she should therefore now give me two phones since I should be getting an upgrade every 20 months.
    She phoned head office to explain the situation and was told that it’s not their problem that I did not pick up my upgrade and therefore the problem is mine. I then took my upgrade and phoned MTN myself to complain. After I complained I received a call from a telesales lady (Primrose) who told me that I was now due for an upgrade again. I continued to get the ladies details i.e. name and number in the event that I had any hassles.
    The very next day I went to get my upgrade again at MTN Woodmead and the gentlemen Lesley proceeded to tell me that he was offline and I would have to come back on Monday with all the paperwork filled out. On Monday I sent my husband with the paperwork and he found Lesley sitting outside his shop. Lesley told my husband that the lady who ran the store over the weekend ran away with the keys and that he should try coming back later in the afternoon. When he went back in the afternoon, Lesley told him that they were now offline and that he should please call MTN from his cell phone to get permission for the upgrade as he was not able to make outside calls from his land line. My husband called MTN and told them to please phone Lesley and give him permission for the upgrade. They too told him they were not able to make outside calls. After questioning this, the telesales proceeded to tell my husband that I was no longer due for an upgrade. I then phoned MTN again myself and spoke to the supervisor who put me through to another department. After explaining the whole story to the lady in charge, she still told me that unfortunately I would not be able to get my upgrade. My cell phone account together with my parents and brother amounts to about R10 000 a month. I told the lady that I would cancel my whole families account if she did not give me my upgrade and she really didn’t seem to care. Obviously MTN does very well judging from the complaints on this website and can afford to lose customers on a regular basis...thanks for the closure...Vodacom here we come!!!

Marlise Oct 02, 2009

My account was behind. I had to pay R 2, 900.00 I paid R 3, 000.00 direct from my bank account into Mtn account. This was on the 15/09/2017. my 2 cell's are still not activated and it is said that i loose all my airtime and i still had to pay the full amount for every month which was R2, 900.00
    How can they do that? I pay for what i get and i did not get the airtime. Not even heaped up!!

Laverne at Legal worked with the account and ignored the payment. then Masje with a reference nr and this person also ignored it. Another month gone and i have to pay another R750 for nothing. Who is now breaking contract. Not me !! I refuse to pay another cent untill my cell's are activated with heaped up airtime.

• Em
    emsiesteyn Oct 16, 2009

I have been having problems with my MTN contract account. I have a account block of R 100.00. my acc is standing on R1240.00, how can that happened? They have the facility to manage your accout by pressing *162*... but now they say that this is not accurate. I would like to know why they have such a facility if it does not work? I have changed ny contract to a top up and MTN have blocked both my phones. Im very unhappy with this issue for i have been with MTN for close to 15 yrs.

• Pr
    Prince oluwemimo Oct 31, 2009

I Prince Fedrerick Oluwemimo Fayomi of ijebu with postal address po box 1937 ijebu ode as followed your instruction to visit www.octoberdraw.com to know my reward but surprisingly dissappionted that they said website www.octoberdraw.com did not open for me, it is your company who understands and know one else i anticipate that you will call me to know what to do next in order to receive the reward you have giving me.the time is quarter to 9, 31-10-2017 time 8.45am

• Th
    Thabisile Charlene Sgubudu Nov 03, 2009

I cancelled the contract with MTN for several times, but I still get the invoices from you them. My account number is A1069690. The only thing that pisses me of is the fact that I don't even have the sim card from maybe 2017, but I was still paying the monthly premim. I took the contract at february 2017, on April 2017 I filled in the forms as I was informed that it was my end of contract for that specific phone. But that cancellation didn't go through, I was informed that my contruct end on May (that means I paid for that cell for more than 24 months), I didn't want to make any issue out of this; I waited and I put in another cancellation form. But MTN was still busy taking money from my bank account, up until I went to the bank to stop this nonsese.

I'm not going to tolerate this any further; otherwise I will take this matter to the newspapers.

• Go
    Good Guy Nov 18, 2009

I am currently corresponding with the Manager of MTN Menlyn regarding the service his staff, as the face of MTN has been rendering to the me as a customer/client and the public at large. Due to the fact that the problems I have brought under his attention has not been fully investigated by him I will honour my word at this stage to not to expose him, his staff and shop any further or report anymore information here regarding the outstanding issues at stake. Will keep you informed - watch this post, G.N.

Naraine Ramnath Dec 18, 2009

18/12/09
    I had 2 contracts with mtn and no problems until I moved one of the contracts to italk cellular in may. Although I had cancelled the contract with mtn at the end of the 24months, I was still being billed for it for the next 4months. After numerious phone calls to the call center (Zoo) , I managed to get them to acnowlrge thier wrong. They then informed me that they cannot reinburse me with the money that I have over paid, but in acase like mine they could pass credit on my existing contract. I was not happy but I had not choice. Of the r1600.00 credit passed, I only missed one months payment on an account that averaged r400.00 for the passed year. Even on my new contract with (Italk/mtn) iam being overcharged. On my old mtn contract I paid on a average r1000.00 a month and although I increased my airtime from 220mins to 700mins at a cheaper call rate I still pay r1600.00 a month. H ow is this possible !!!

I feel that mtn is out there to rip us off. They hide behind this call center and there is nothing that we as innocent people can do about it. I would highly appreciate it if I could talk to someone in their legal and accounts departments.

Many thanks
    Mr n. Ramnath
    [protected]

• Ni
    Nic Venter Mar 09, 2010

I have renew my contract on 03/09/08 for pacer leisure vehicles after 2 years at mtn, sins then I have experience the poorest service I have ever received from any supplier over a fifteen month period. My contract is for 3 phones at r34.99 per phone per month, there for a total of r105:00 per month, which I was charge for october and november 2017 there after mtn tries to charge me r83:00 per phone what works out at r249:00 p/m. I have since then tried to solve the problem but without any success because mtn try to take more out of my debit account as what they should and there for suspend my account on a regular base. It takes 3 to 7 days for them to understand that it was there mistake before they reconnect my phones they then insure me that the problem is now been solved, just for the next month or 2, in that time we lose business and get charge r11.40 by mtn as well as bank charges for return of debit orders.
    Due to the problem I have paid r 1100:00 into my mtn account on the 07/04/08 to make sure that I am covered to the end of january but with no success they still suspended my service on a regular base. I have tried numerous times to speak to someone in the accounts departments or let they contact me to solve the problem, I also was at various mtn branches and submitted e-mails to mtn but all without any success.
    My one phone was stolen so I had to do a sim swap and sins then 03/03/2017 it says sim registration failure mtn say that I own them r900 before they will connect the phone, I have proof that my account is still paid in advance till end of april 2017
    Here is some of the reference no that mtn give me when I contact them regarding the account

31/12/08 ref [protected]
    03/05/09 ref [protected]
    10/07/09 ref [protected] (Glenda)
    02/12/09 ref [protected] (Lerato) - usd 4801364
    13/01/10 ref [protected]
    15/01/10 ref [protected]
    15/01/10 ref [protected] request for credit controller to contact me ref [protected]
    18/01/10 ref [protected]
    18/01/10 ref [protected]
    04/03/10 ref 2982325 - usd submitted by manager mtn century city
    08/03/10 system down
    09/03/10 ref [protected] supervisor will contact me (Ha, ha)

But still no responds from mtn. If mtn is not capable to solve my problem, I would like them to cancel my contract and port my numbers to vodacom a. S. A. P, due to the loss of income.
    I also believed that I should not be charge for the days the phones was of and bank charges for return debit orders.

Ps: the contract is available if needed, as well as proof were mtn reverse charges (X6) when they
    Realise there mistake. But still it happens time after time.

• Ab
    Abanime Mar 11, 2010

my name is Jude Abanime Sly. Am also among those who could not find anything, my name or phone number on (www.mtnfifacup.tk) so I quite agree.
    I recieved sms from MTN NG on 08 August 2017. at 06:19am.
    my phone number; [protected], congratulated for wining (N1.000.000.00).and a free ticket to the 2017 world cup. please access me to this claims if its true.

regards
    Jude Abanime Sly.

• Al
    aloycasmir Mar 12, 2010

De richeal trading cc
    No 39 kotzs streethillbrow
    Tel:[protected]

Please I will like you guys to help me investigat this matter becuase it has been a along time the mtn people has be robbening me.

I bought airtime of r300 of which I loaded in my cellphone no [protected] and I coverted r289 as 1gb for internet at the end of the day they took my money and still no 1gb to my card. And when I try to explain to them the do not want to understand expecially one lady called andle was telling me to by another airtime.

Here is the information of the airtimes:

R30 voucher number [protected] serial no:sa45wzsf4srp-d, r30 voucher number: [protected] serial no sa49p2vfdyjh-3, r30 voucher number: [protected] serial no:savqgn8nq7ft-m, r10 voucher no:[protected] serial no sa6gwt2dmqfh, r10 voucher no: [protected] serial no:sa6gwhmjtghd, r10 voucher no: [protected] serial no:sa6gvf1mfc04, r10 voucher no: [protected] serial no:sa6gv6nshgwx, r10 voucher no:[protected] serial no sa6gtvx23lof, r10 voucher no [protected] serial no: sa6gph88f08z, r10 vocher no: [protected] serial no sa6gpw7ncm8n, r10 voucher no:[protected] serial no:sa6gpw8kyhpp, r10 vocher no [protected] serial no sa6gq2w2rcs3, r10 voucher no: [protected] serial no: sa6gr7crojbc, r10 voucher no: [protected] serial no: sa6gsc4vz7cc, r10 voucher no: [protected] serial no: sa6gsc8s96h4, r10 voucher no [protected] serial no sa6gt61kvfks, r10 voucher no: [protected] serial no sa6gttwplq55, r10 voucher no:[protected] serial no: sa6gyyy7wyfu, ro voucher no: [protected] serial no sa6h0yyz14m6, r10 voucher no [protected] serial no sa6h1275mzlr, r10 voucher no: [protected] serial no sa6h148y0f9z, r10 voucher no [protected] serial no: sa6gq9d04dzs, ro voucher no [protected] serial no sa56r341glq9.

Mnt why?

Aloy casmir

• As
    Assie1 Mar 18, 2010

Mtn billed me for data when I never had a laptop to use with my modem.

Number4life still not activated yet im being billed every month without any service

Caller id activated on my 3g sim without authourisation

I asked for dual sim to be activated for my car phone, not done

Person information all incorrectly splet

Failing to resolve postings on hellopeter and get closure websites

Email to mtnnsp still unanswered

Blackberry not functional at all, continiously freezing, rebooting and non-functional as a business device.

Mtn failing fo advise blackberry 952o storm 2 users that it has been discontinued and vodacom is swapping their user to the 9700 bold 2 as a replacement handset.

Supervisors and managers never returned once my calls

Call centre agents refusing to hand over the call to a manager or supervisor

• Lr
    lrhodes Apr 10, 2010

I took out the contract in June last year, for a large package - I believe R450 a month, so a fair amount of free sms's and talk time. I also took out a 3G card for R169 a month. I asked for a package with a limit with an option to top up like pay as you go - which they offer, but the consultant said it was a bad idea and the product didn’t work well. Foolishly I listened. They offered a credit limit of just over R1000 which I thought would be fine as I had hoped the monthly airtime would suffice. They never explained that your credit limit applies to current billing and billing due - so I was soled a contract that due to my credit limit, I couldn’t use. You would think the consultant would know this. I only picked this up 3 months later as I was using another phone for work. It came to my attention when I finally got around to using my 3G card which wouldn’t log on.
    I went in, I called and emailed. The manager at the canal walk store was rude, arrogant and unhelpful and I literally had to argue and beg him to assist me, and eventually he saw my point and reactivated the account and emailed the billing department a request to refund me debits paid for an account I had not been able to use. No one came back to me for over 3 weeks and someone left a message saying they were from billing and they would not refund. so I was not refunded, and no credit or roll over of airtime was given.
    I eventually left it as I couldn’t bother to complain and fight anymore, their service is non existent and one can only spend so much time on something like this.

Today I find my account suspended. My credit limit has been reached. They have taken a massive debit off my account this month 2017-03-31 MTN SP A3051026 [protected] of over R2017!!! How is this not taking me back into my credit limit? And I think they missed a debit earlier in the year, they made up for it with a large debit last month. I have also had higher billing than usual and I think it has something to do with online services. porn has been looked at on my phone and every time I log into facebook on my phone there is a new email address of random people in the toolbar in which you put your username email address in - so I am not sure if that means people are browsing on my account or not?

I contacted the call centre this morning and asked what they can do to activate my phone. They offered to raise the credit limit, and I offered to go in store and pay in money to get the ball rolling and they said either way it takes 24 hours. So I am phone less until Monday. Unacceptable. They have never contacted me to advise there is a problem, they simply cut you off? I cannot see how my billing has gone from the R800-odd to R2017. Something is very wrong, and this credit limit story is ridiculous.

I understand your limit is given according to ITC, I worked in the bank so if one more person at MTN avoids solving the problem by trying to feebly explain credit principles I am going to scream. The issue is not the credit limit. it is the package sold within the limit given, its clearly not working, and no one listened to my original complaint, and now I can see my entire remainder of this 2 year disaster is going to be fraught with problems.
    To be honest I want out, I want nothing to do with this company anymore. Everyone I know on Vodacom has a pleasant experience while most people on MTN are perpetually upset with their service. I left auto page in search of better service, thinking that dealing directly with the service provider meant better service, and it is actually much worse.
    I am happy to give back the phone, and part ways gracefully, as I understand a contract is a contract, but this company needs to admit that their service and attention to my complaint has been non-existent, I have been sold a credit product not suited to my needs and I am quite sure it was sold by a an uneducated person not nearly qualified enough to sell credit in any form. your staff and their lack of understanding of the product, the billing systems and their general lack of interest in their job and customer is why I am complaining, so this contract breakdown is essentially entirely your fault.

I would be entirely satisfied with the option of ending this contract (penalty free of course!), however I know it is not going to happen. In lieu of this I want an apology, face to face, with a person, not over the phone. I also want this credit issue and package corrected. Perhaps a product downgrade would even help, and to be on the top up package I initially requested. I want to be able to go into a store - not canal walk - and have the name of someone I can deal with in future.

• He
    Heavyglow Aug 26, 2010

In my attempts to find out when I can port my number after the termination of my contract, Not one of the Mtn branches in my area answered their phones. I then decided to phone 'headoffice' in Johannesburg. I was put on hold 4 times without anything happening. Twice after that I was cut off, midd sentence, by the person on the other side. Literally while i was still talking, either put on hold or just plain cutt-off. No one could guide me to someone who could help me concerning my complaint of bad service. I eventually spoke to a supervisor who on 2 occasions promised me that she will come back to me before the end of that day. this happened the next day aswell. It is now a week later and i still haven't heard anything from them. All of this happened between the 20th of August and the 27th of August.

• Gu
    Gugenott Sep 02, 2010

Pathetic service from MTN 808 call centre, believe it or not they do not even know how to get hold of their OWN Fraud department...makes me wonder mmmmmmmmm do they really have one or was that also a random answer just to get me off the line, or maybe tick of one more 'happy' customer. Needless to say the problem has still not been reported much less sorted!!!

• Tr
    Trille Sep 06, 2010

I live in Basden str (between Rabe and Alethea streets) in Lyttleton, Centurion. I have recently ported 3 lines to MTN but I am now very disappointing that I have. there is mostly little or no reception at my home. I cannot get hold of people and they not me. I have tried to log this on the MTN site on 2 occasions, both times I was just ignored.

Saidules Sep 09, 2010

I currently have a data contract with MTN. My usual bill is R197. In August I was suddenly billed R1200. I am in the process of disputing this invoice and was asked to fill in a 'Request for Access to Record of Private Body' form.
    I needed assistance with filling in the form, and visited the MTN store in Somerset Mall, where I spoke to Fahim.
    Besides the fact that he made me wait so that he could help 'his ' customer, who was behind me in line, he had absolutely no idea of how to assist me and didnt ask his colleagues for any help. Bearing in mind that his colleague Henzil seemed to know a little bit more about my query . I am very upset about the way I was treated by Fahim andthe fact that he did not even apologise for making me wait 40 minutes in store, only to leave with an incomplete form. I am a person who values brand and was planning to stay loyal to MTN . But I do not know how much more of this bad service I can take.

• Go
    Gouatts Sep 09, 2010

I signed a new MTN contract on Friday 11 Sept and asked to have my number ported from Vodacom. I was promissed that it would take 2 to 24 hours. The phrase '2-24 hours' has been repeated to me ever since. Almost every time that you speak to someone, they say that it will take '2 -24 hours' to fix! You end up waiting for 24 hours and then have to log another call.

I still do not have an MTN line and have even been told by one of the 'Customer Care' staff that the issue would be resolved in 6 days and that I should call back every 2 days!

The 'Customer Care' call centre staff blame the Porting department, and provided me with a contact number to call them. It is almost impossible to get through to the Porting Deparment. A lady at the PE MTN main branch told me that you need to hold for 2 hours to get through to the department!

I have logged a complaint on the MTN Internet website, but have had no response.

Having just singed a contract with MTN that will cost at least R18000.00, I feel that I am well within my rights to cancel the contract on non performance.

I would be interested to hear if anyone has been able to cancel their contract within the 7 day cooling off period.

• Fo
    Forbilin Sep 13, 2010

I entered into a new contract with MTN a month ago (25 Aug 2017) porting my number from Vodacom prepaid. While the sim card was activated within 10 days (I can make & receive calls), the sms and caller line identify services have not been activated as yet. Furthermore I have a BlackBerry and asked for the BES email service to be activated (post the initial application) but this too has not been activated. I have spoken to 4 different people at the call centre, all of them assuring me that the services would be activated within 24 hours. I also tried calling the MTN port help desk hoping they would provide answers on why my number is still not registered with MTN and perhaps this being the hold up in activating all services. However I have held on the line for longer than half an hour on 3 separate occasions without been helped. I have become increasingly frustrated as it has been almost a month since I received the phone but no one is able to help me activate 1) SMS’s 2) CLIP and 3) BES.

• Mo
    Morsimer Sep 16, 2010

As with another complainant I got a debit on my sim card used solely for data comms for 'content charges'. I phoned mtn sp and even visited an mtn store only to discover that they will not do anything for me - I must phone samber trading myself and cancel the subscription (Which I never made) and the amount already on my account is 'bad luck' - I will just have to pay it! (And the debit for next month is already on my unbilled account - I checked)

I signed a contract with mtn, not with any other company (Eg. Samber trading) and my agreement with mtn is to accept charges for my monthly subscription fee as well as the mtn call charges (If applicable) - not for them to accept debits from outside companies on my behalf! This is like having an edgars account and edgars accepts a debit from the corner cafe and invoice me for it! This should not be allowed!

I am awaiting a reply from mtn for a complaint lodged on the mtnsp site & ndash; & ldquo;will be attended to within 48 hours” & ndash; it has now been 72 hours, not counting holiday and weekend, and still no reply from them.

Is there no recourse for me and must I accept that this will now happen every month? What can I do? Please help somebody!?

• Be
    Beamont Sep 17, 2010

Rashaad Harris of MTN Strand street is a very helpful operator. I have been a customer of his for some time. He is superb!!! I am trying to get a Nokia E75 telephone on an upgrade. For a number of weeksRashaad is getting nonsense stories from the Central Warehouse about whether or not they have stock. There is stock shown on the system but he has been told there is no stock. This has been going on for weeks. He has escallated it but now they do not even return his telephone calls.

I am trying to renew my wife s contract and am very close to moving to VODACOM. MTN service is shocking. My wife s telephone number is [protected] begin_of_the_skype_highlighting [protected] end_of_the_skype_highlighting.

• Xr
    Xrubees Sep 30, 2010

My first blackberry bold unit was faulty, it did not correctly connect to the blackberry service. I called the mtn 1555 data line and they told me whatever I did on my blackberry phone would be free of charge. I called again and they confirmed this. I soon after discovered the fault and mtn replaced my handset acknowledging that there was a definite problem with the handset. My first bill from this number amounted to r1315 because of data charges (Excluding normal pro rata charges I was billed over r500 for data and all my airtime was used up). I was assured this would be reversed as it was not my fault. When calling 1555 in january the story changed to 'everything is free except if you use the mtn browser on the phone'. It genuinely wasn't my fault I thought it was all free and I did check at the time to confirm. I have lodged several complaints to date but nothing has been done about this. I have visited the mtn service centre and they escalated the query many times but to date I have received no response. I should not pay such a heavy penalty because I had a faulty unit and mtn's data service people did not know what they were talking about.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices