Having problems with Motel 6?

Motel 6 reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jan 2, 2007. The latest review Everything was posted on May 5, 2021. The latest complaint poor service was resolved on Oct 13, 2019. Motel 6 has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 927 reviews. Motel 6 has resolved 32 complaints.

Motel 6 Customer Service Contacts

4001 International Parkway
Carrollton, Texas

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Motel 6 Customer Service. Initial Motel 6 complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Motel 6 above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Motel 6. Discuss the issues you have had with Motel 6 and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Motel 6 Complaints & Reviews

Motel 6thuggish behavior

I was staying at the motel 6 in Jonesboro Arkansas

I am working nights and I checked in on Monday last week and paid for the week

Besides the fact that I was charged extra for everything from shampoo to the internet and that the room had ants, flies as well as I saw a spider and a black beetle bug what I am writing about is my experience today

I was sleeping (again working nights) and the house keeping staff banged on my door around noon (I guess that they haven't heard about knocking) when I woke up I went to the door and told her that I am working nights and please leave me alone and closed the door and went back to bed it sounded like she kicked the door at that point

Well I could not fall asleep again so I went to the shower and showered off and I again heard someone BANGING loudly on the door I yelled that I was in the shower and he damanded that I come to the door when I did I told him that I would like to be left alone as I had the room till Monday and closed the door he yelled something and sounded like he kicked the door as well

After a while he came back with a piece of paper and apparently the lady that checked me in had the wrong date and he then proceeded to PHYSICALLY THREATEN me to kick me out of the room

Motel 6no electricity

the electricity went out at about 12am the overnight staff worker went to flip the breakers but only the kitchen light came back on and she said she would have to wait till her gm came in in the morning and when we went to speak to him in the morning he said we would need to leave or he would call the cops on us. He didn't offer any sort of apology or compensation. The phone didn't even have a cord connecting the phone so we couldn't even call out or recieve calls in. The electric socket was exposed and only one worked until it blew out on me. Afterwards only the kight and one socket in the kitchen worked. This was one of the most unsanitary and unsatisfying stays I've ever experienced.

Motel 6no hot water then checked out and got charged two more days

I checked in Sunday and noticed water wasn't real hot but went to sleep got up to shower and no hot water called front desk and they said others might be using it wait an hour and the manager wouldn't be in until the next day would have to wait for him to fix it. Waited almost 2 not even close to warm so I checked out I wasn't waiting another day to shower when your at the beach Then I see they charged me 2 more days I'd gladly pay the first night but not the next 2 I wasn't there because of no hot water. John Powell. [protected]

Motel 6bed bugs

Find a huge bed bug on my sisters pillow!! Caught it and took it up to the front desk. The night clerk said he could really help us then I made him look at the container I caught it in and he said im soo sorry I can't do much but move you rooms for now till Scot (the Manger) gets here and that won't be until 10 am PDT. It was a little bit before 5 am when I went to the front desk...
        The clerk did move us rooms, we had paid for a two full size beds with a fridge and microwave plus the $6 more for and extra person... I paid 2 dollars shy of $80 bucks for this room...

bed bugs

Motel 6the motel itself. rooms were awful

I booked my reservation back in May. I booked a non-smoking room with 2 queen beds and a refrigerator. I called the WV Motel 6 and confirmed.
          Beds were awful. I felt like I was sleeping on the floor on a piece of ply board with a hole in the middle. The mattress was non existent. With my medical conditions I was miserable.

Then there was no non-smoking rooms so it was awful. The stench was sickening. I stayed 5 nights and every day there was never a non smoking room. Also every time we went out and came back we had to take card to office as they would not work.
          All around this was a [censor] Motel. I will never again stay there or any other Motel 6. They would not refund any money because they did not ever make my stay right. So here I come YELP. This Motel needs torn down.

• Sh
              Shelli Herrmann Jul 25, 2017

I agree totally about Motel 6. I will never ever stay in one again and am passing the word on to everybody I know.
              My dad, sister and I were on the road all day. We stopped at two other hotels in MO and they were all booked. We found a Motel 6 in Fenton MO.
              My dad is 84 years old so my sister asked for a handicap room which we got. When we got to the room we couldn't get in so my sister went back to the office, after 15 minutes the manager came to open the door and he couldn't get the door open so he gave us another room. He had to run back to the office to get us a key and we checked out the room. TOTALLY DISCUSSING !!! The bed frame was broke so the mattress on one side was laying on the dirty floor. We pushed the bed over and the dirt was horrific along with all the spiders!! When the manager returned we told him we were not staying in this room. He agreed and found us a different room. That one wasn't any better but we were tired and decided to stay the night. I slept in my clothes. The refrigerator had mold in it and was all rusty on the top. Bugs and dirt in the bathroom, all on the floor and under the night stand, electric cords hanging and laying every were. Holes in the walls. TV didn't work. Water would not go down the drain.You closed the door and could see light threw the door, no safety lock.
              I took a shower the next morning and went to the office and asked for one more set of towels since there was three of us in the room. I was told no I have no bath towel or wash rag. I asked for a hand towel, no hand towel or toilet paper!!! REALLY !!! You should of paid me to stay there. Noise all threw the night. Kids screaming, motorcycles taking off and somebody banging on something all night long. NEVER AGAIN WILL I STAY AT A MOTEL6 AND NEITHER WILL MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY

Motel 6service and room quality

I checked in to Motel 6 in Temple Texas, the first room I was given the toilet wasn't even attached to the floor and the blanket was covered in dog fur. The second room I was changed to didn't even have the a/c on so the room was extremely hot considering it was a 100 degrees outside so that just killed the room Comfortability. Then the lady at the front desk was very slow and rude.

Motel 6farmington new mexico motel 6 on bloomsfield

46 reviews
              1.0 star rating 7/19/2017
              Got there at 10pm. Front desk gave us a Queen bed non smoking room,... well when we walked in the carpet was completely filthy as if someone had dropped a bag of dirt and smashed it into the carpet. It smelled like DOG dander. The BED was a Double size (which is inches from a Twin Bed).. the bathroom floor was dirty and full of someones hair. The towel bar fell and need I say more. The local tenants were up all night screaming talking and watching tv full blast for a Sunday night. We also found out from other locals that this place is a party hotel for a Local Nightclub called something X... nearby... What a dump, and never ever again. It is located at 1600 Bloomfield Blvd, Farmington, NM 87401

Motel 6I am complaining about the owner of motel 6 in davenport iowa

I made a reservation online. I arrived at the motel on 7/18 to check in. The man at the counter who claimed he was the owner couldn't find my reservation. He started getting rude and short. He said he couldn't find my reservation and asked me who I booked it through. I told him I didn't know. He told me I didn't need to get an attitude with him lady. I told him I wasn't getting an attitude. But that I could get an attitude in a minute. He called me a [censor] and told me to get out!

• Updated by valpal67 · Jul 18, 2017

claimed

Motel 6 — rooms and pool

My husband and i just stayed at one of your motel 6 in Maryland and it was one of the worst we stayed at...

Motel 6 — overall stay

This review is for the motel 6 in Bloomington Indiana. To start off the millinium was not too bright and we...

Motel 6front desk service, functional lavatory & misleading info

Upon arrival the Front desk clerk was rude with short info on room availability & price with us using my wife's Veteran discount. Very unfriendly with other guest as well.
                  We were given a Handicap room which did not have the amendities as other rooms along with the toilet seat was so loose that it just about made me fall when sitting on it. I screwed both bolts w/nuts tight.
                  The Wifi sign outside was posted" Wifi Here " as it's deceiving to it being free with the room and not informed until we were in room.

• Updated by Glen Hayes · Jul 17, 2017

See above text

Motel 6charge

I stayed at motel 6 in York pa on july 14-16 my confirmation number is 1488m38493 under the name jillian valentine. When I booked the room the total was 145.83, however when I went back and checked my card I was charged 177. I received no receipt and didn't have to sign anything. Upon arrival the clerk stated my card was already charged because I checked in at 830pm. The room I booked was a 2 queen bed with a mic and fridge, what I received was a king bed with a mic and fridge. When I was checking prices that room was only 130 for both nights but I decided I wanted the 2 beds, which I didn't get anyway. Now my card is over limit and I'm sure I will get a fee. This is ridiculous, I was charged an extra 30 from the original, and an extra 40 for the room I was given. I double check all my prices before booking. This is false advertising. If that was the price I would've stayed closer to where I was going.

Motel 6unsafe and dirty hotel room

We recently stayed at the Motel 6 (4900 Circle 75 Parkway). I am disappointed beyond belief. As soon as I walk in my room I notice the electrical outlet had no cover which is extremely dangerous. The walls in the bathroom where discusting I felt like I couldn't get clean because of how dirty the shower was. This is the first and last time I will ever stay at a Motel 6. You should be ashamed for charging people to stay in a dump

Motel 6noise

We stayed at a motel 6 in Newport, Tn. Room was clean, but the guests in the room next to us were very loud, drinking, tv all the way up. We called the front desk, and they called their room, but no answer. So someone had to go up to the room and knock on their door; still no answer. They had to enter the room by force and tell the noisy guests to keep it down. Fast forward to 3am. The guests yet again turned their tv all the way up, started yelling and going on. Called the front desk again, they called their room and told them to keep it down. They continued to party and be loud. Went down to the front desk and asked for a room change, they said there was not another one available, so we asked for a refund to go to another hotel, and were told that they " didn't do " refunds. Keep in mind we had traveled all the way from Arizona and were exhausted, all we wanted was some sleep. Eventually had to sleep in the car because we could not afford to shell out more money for another hotel. Worst experience we've had. Will not go to another motel 6, will not recommend to anyone, and will be contacting the better business bureau about horrible service.

• Ju
                            Juanita Unruh Jul 18, 2017

I was banned and put on a do not rent list last year for writing a negative review on their Facebook page and included pictures.
                            You shouldn't complain if you ever want to stay there again.
                            Not too much to choose from in Newport.

Motel 6 — room is infested with roaches.

Hello my name is Angela Villalobos. I have been trying to get ahold of guest relations for 4 days now by...

Motel 6hotel filthy.. motel 6

We were super disapointed with the cleanness motel 6 in Butte Montana. room wasn't cleaned at all. When we got in the room we noticed hair all over the bottom of the tub, pillowcases had hair and unclean spots. The bedding looked grubby. Floors had hair on them. We felt it could be a bed bug haven. called the desk & told them. They apologized & said they would give us another room. We had tons of stuff to carry to another room & asked if they could give us a discount. They said they couldn't. The best they could do is give us a new room. I don't think Motel 6 corporate would want their name on this establishment.

Motel 6manager stealing money and not running the hotel correctly

I have been staying here at Motel 6 on Candler road for a year old manager Mesha never gave me any problems I always stay to myself always paid on time every saturday never late full payments. Once new manager Happy Patel came in he didnt know me from a can of paint for the first couple weeks he tried to up my room I normally was paying 245 once he came it went up to 265. Okay thats fine i begin to pay that amount he wanted on time like I always do. Then a couple weeks after that he knocks on the door and said he wants us out the hotel I ask why his responce was I dont know I have very small kids he had no remorse for anything I beg and I beg of him please let us stay because I didnt want move so inconveniently like this. This man bother people with Family and Kids the drug dealers thats up here he cool with traffic in out he condone people selling drugs out the hotel he is cheating people out their money something has to be done!

Motel 6dirty sheets and dirty bathroom

we spent last night at the motel 6 on south walnut in turlock California The sheets on both beds were dirty. The shower in the bathroom was filthy. The bathroom floor hadn't been swept. There was one hand towel and one bath towel to share between 3 people and no washcloths at all. The mirror in the bedroom was smudged. The neighbors were drinking and so loud that we had to call the office to get them to quiet down. We were very disappointed in the condition of the room especially when you advertise so highly how "you'll leave the light on". Motel 6 has ben one of our favorite places because they are usually in good condition.

• Updated by Luella Moyer · Jul 14, 2017

I have pictures available but am having difficulty attaching them.

Motel 6disgusting rooms. cheaper hotels have been better!!

909 66th st lubbock tx motel 6 had pubes in toilet and bathtub. There was stuff in toilet. Small pink boogery blood spot on towel hanging over tub. The floor was not swept. Black hair through hotel room. Dirt piled and stuck in every corner. Didn't smell like any cleaner and obviously wasn't used. SERIOUS HEALTH CODE VIOLATIONS. will be calling health inspector! Took as many pictures as possible in the few minutes we were there.

Motel 6I am complaint about my wife's both legs got infection from ur bed in room!!

Hello my name George. And my wife had complain about her both legs and I was shock I took pic of her both legs and she had infection red dots on her legs it cause where come from bed in motel rooms. And u need do something about that or I will contact FCC. And Health Dept.

And we suffer no A/C not cooler. It making us sweating lot. Need fix A/C. Stop being lazy.