MoPro Reviewsread before buying - total scam!

I wish I read the MoPro reviews before signing up with them. At the time, I was trying to decide between MoPro, SetMySite, and Web.com. My mistake was I just went off each company's features and pricing pages - I didn't read the reviews. I let the MoPro rep sell me on all the bells and whistles. I honestly just needed a website, but all the extra marketing stuff sounded great, so I went with MoPro. HUGE MISTAKE!

Not only were all these "great extras" complete bull, but they never even finished my website. Had I read the MoPro reviews, I would've realized that this situation was not unique to me - there are TONS of people getting screwed. HERE'S THEIR SCAM...

They initially "completed" my site in about 2 days - I thought, "Wow, that's quick!" Then I saw what they made and thought, "Wow, that's terrible." They took an ugly template, switched some pictures, slapped my business name on it and said, "Here ya go!" Honestly, my son's 3rd grade art projects would better represent my business than the garbage MoPro calls a website.

AND IT GETS WORSE!! I tried to get them to fix the site. The design kept getting worse, but the typos and spelling errors were what really got to me. Over and over again, I had to contact them multiple times to fix the text that was obviously written by someone overseas. It would take MoPro 3-4 days just to fix simple spelling mistakes! So MoPro will build your entire site in 2 days, but it takes them 4 days just to correct spelling errors? This went on for months - TOTAL SCAM.

I started googling them and after reading multiple MoPro reviews, I realized I was just one of many that got screwed - THE STORIES ARE HORRIFYING!! So I went back to my other original options - Web.com and SetMySite. Web.com had a convincing salesman - it reminded me of… oh yeah… MoPro. I checked out Web.com reviews and sure enough, they were almost just as terrible as MoPro's. Then I called SetMySite - not salesy or pushy, but I checked out their reviews anyways because I was just tired of getting screwed at this point. SetMySite didn't have as many reviews as the other two (I think because they're a smaller company), but they were almost all good so I decided to give them a shot. They took about 4 weeks to build my site, but it was well worth the wait - the difference was night and day. And their customer service was just as good as the site they built me. These guys not only handle my edits in 24 hours, but sometimes they even get them done while I'm on the phone with them. SetMySite (so far) has turned out to be everything MoPro promises but could never deliver on. And that's the problem - MoPro is all talk and no walk.

Here's MoPro's SCAM in a nutshell - they are the time-share guys of website design. Their pushy sales people convince you to sign a contract for something you'll never be able to use. And if you can use it, you'll need to contact them. When you try to contact them for service, their support team will "understand your frustration" and promise to have someone get in touch with you. But no one ever contacts you and nothing happens. So you have to contact them again… only so they can blame you for an issue they caused or didn't fix. It's a brilliant little scheme they have going over there.

They're not a website design company - they're a waste management company. They take a website template that looks like garbage and then move a bunch of crap around on it hoping you'll like their recycled nonsense. Then when you try to work with them, they have nothing but excuses, delays, arrogance, or just downright unresponsiveness. If you want a premade website template, you don't need to pay MoPro $199 per month. Go to Wix - they have plenty of templates starting at $5/mo. But if you like flushing your money down the toilet to get a website that looks like something in a toilet, MoPro is the company for you.

Honestly, I don't know how these people are still in business. If you're looking at different website design companies, do your homework. Lesson learned.

read before buying - total scam!
read before buying - total scam!

• Je
    Jennifer Martinez Jun 19, 2018

Thank you for sharing your mopro review. I was very close to signing up but was told to make sure I scan the internet for reviews prior. Very glad I did. I also appreciate your recommendations and will look into each and do review searches for each recommendation as well.

• Da
    dallasmandy May 30, 2018

YUP!! The Mopro reviews are true. They're really really bad. Anytime I called them, it was like they were playing hot potato with me.

I also switched to setmysite.com about a year ago and could not be happier. You're in for a treat with the boys over there @mike62. They know what they're doing.

• La
    latinakitty May 11, 2018

I could not agree more! All the MoPro reviews are the same. They tried passing off a disgrace of a website on us too. I don't know how these guys are still in business. Honestly. They are the worst.