Mohawk IndustriesSmartstrand carpet

R

I purchased the smartstrand carpet from mohawk which is the worst mistake I have made in flooring. After less than one year it started to unravel and it stained horribly. They sent someone out and they said the carpet was defective but I would have to get the same exact carpet for it to be covered under the warranty. I had them replace the carpet with the same carpet and it too is horrible.. I bought this carpet and paid more because it was to have a 25 year stain warranty and wear warranty. I called mohawk and they sent out their inspector who said it was fine. IT'S NOT FINE>>>its a horrible stained rug. I advise anyone purchasing new carpet to not buy from Mohawk. They will not stand behind their warranty!!!

RESOLVED

• Mohawk Industries's response · Dec 10, 2015

Hi there,
    I'm Laura from Mohawk Flooring--I'm really sorry to hear about your experience with your carpet. If you'd like to provide us with a little information and your contact details, our Consumer Affairs team will be able to follow up with you; just go to http://www.mohawkflooring.com/consumer-affairs/
    I apologize again for your experience. Take care,

• Ba
    Badcarpet Apr 17, 2017

I am having the same problem with the Mohawk carpet that I purchase 2 years ago. It started to go bad within the first year. The inspector also told us that our carpet was find. We pressed and pressed until the agreed to replaced the carpet but like you we have to replace it with the same carpet. When we purchased this carpet we were told it was the best for high traffic areas...NOT! We also are being asked to pay for the install of this replacement carpet.

• La
    LauraMohawkFlooring Apr 23, 2017

@Badcarpet Hello, this is Laura from Mohawk - I'm very sorry to hear of your experience! If you want to contact our Consumer Affairs department, they can advise you on the warranty process for your carpet: http://www.mohawkflooring.com/consumer-affairs/
    I'm really sorry again for your experience!

• Jd
    JDR 1 Apr 25, 2017

We bought Smartstrand due to the flooring companies recommendation...worst mistake we ever made...don't buy Smartstrand ...it is an inferior product to say the least!

• La
    LauraMohawkFlooring May 02, 2017

@JDR 1 Hi JDR, I'm Laura from Mohawk - I'm sorry to hear about your experience with your carpet! If you'd like, you can send our Consumer Affairs team some info at the following site, and they'll let you know how to proceed with having your concerns addressed: http://www.mohawkflooring.com/consumer-affairs/
    I'm very sorry again, JDR!