Minecraft Moneybookers GBRfraudulent charge

M

A charge for $26.95 just randomly showed up on my credit card statement from MineCraft MoneyBookers GBR along with a second transaction fee for $0.88. I have no idea how this company got our credit card number and made this charge. Neither my husband nor I have traveled to Great Britain in ages so obviously this is just a way for the company to try and escape conviction of fraud via US law. My bank has disputed the charge and will block the merchant but I am concerned that someone now has my credit card number. I'm waiting to hear back from the CC company as to whether we should cancel the card and reissue. Based on the number of complaints from others it sounds like it's either a racket or being done through auto-number-generators getting lucky hits...

• Si
    simone musil Mar 07, 2015

this company just took over $300 from my account within five minutes with five different transactions. MONEYBOOKERS LONDON GBR is what it's coming up. I called CC company, they are closed till 8 a.m. and it's 1 a.m. now! Thank God I got text alerts when money is taken outta my accounts! WHAT A FRAUD. I DIDN'T AUTHORIZE THIS. I hope I get my money back from CC company. I reported the card lost/stolen so that way they deactivate my card/account until I can call them. I have NO money in bank now. Not a penny! My whole paycheck was stolen!

• St
    stripedlotustree Sep 04, 2013

This happened to me as well on Aug 30, 2013. I have a $26.95 charge on my card ( as well as an international fee) . My bank has cancelled the card and is issuing me a new one. I think my card number was taken from TJMaxx.

• Di
    Discrete Jun 06, 2013

Same here. Same amount. This is fraud and the company should be prosecuted for it. It's not a coincident that so many people from the states are getting hit. My bank issued a new card and are investigating while blocking the company. But how many have just not noticed the charge?

• Bo
    bohica6385 Apr 17, 2013

They got me as well for $26.95 on april 10 a few hours after i used a debit card in a local pizza place. There were also 2 other charges that the fraud prevention people at my bank caught and alerted me to. But the minecraft charge has to be disputed. Waiting for my money to be credited back into my account.

• Ad
    AdroitShopper Mar 14, 2013

They appear to still be at it. The same 26.95 showed up on my CC on March 7 2013. So far I don't see a foreign transaction fee. My card is closed, my new card is on way, I am working with my CC to resolve the charge. Dante described a special place for the President/CEO of MineCraft.

• Te
    Tejasmed Sep 01, 2012

A fraudulent charge also showed up on my card for Minecraft London. with the additional money exchange fee. What also showed up on my card was a charge from a shop called Gamestop. The people at Gamestop need to have their security cameras running at all times in America. We can put a stop to this theft ring.

• Tl
    Tlee1980 Jul 14, 2012

On June 8th 2012 we had a charge of 26.95 on our Credit Card from Minecraft London GBR. Thanks to the site above I knew that it was fraudulent and called the c.c. company right away and they closed our account. WE did not have the .88 cents on our bill . Thanks again this was very helpful to us. My husband is very thorough with his transactions so it caused an immediate alert. which called us to look further into this. They will deliver these cards the next day .