Midas International Corporationcar totaled when brakes failed after brakes done at midas bothell, wa

D Sep 04, 2018

New tires, brakes, alignment and oil change done at Midas in Bothell WA on May 31, 2017 Brake fluid filled to very top of reservoir. On June 8th in rush hour traffic on the freeway, traffic went from 50 mph to 0 out of nowhere. I hit the brake pedal and it went straight to the floor. No slowing at all. Swerved to avoid collision with back end of car in front of me but could not clear it. My passenger side front end smashed the drivers side back end of the man's car at 45+ mph. I had spent nearly $4000k at this shop in about 6 months and now my new (used) car would be totaled due to the thousands of dollars it would cost to repair the damage.

I sustained multiple injuries from the accident which cost over $17, 000.00 in medical bills. Including fractures ribs, bruised pelvis, and a head trauma. I lost my career due to the unplanned time off work from the head injury. When I contacted Midas they told me it was not a problem with the brakes, but me following the car in front of me too closely. When I responded to that comment the manager tried to convince me it was the ABS kicking in. I know what it feels like when ABS is active and there was no indication this was what had happened. The pedal was soft as if nothing was there.

Midas refuses to take responsibility for a bad brake job and to top it, the oil change they charged me for was never done. When I asked about it the manager told me it must have been overlooked. I had told reminded him when he called to let me know the car was ready to pick up. He said to give them an hour so they could complete it. I got another call just 10 minutes later to let me know it was done. It has never been done! The manager did tell me they would be happy to do an oil change at no charge if I would like to bring the car to them. Funny, the freakin car was totaled!

I contacted the corporate office to report this and was transferred to the store manager - the one that denies everything and tries to make me out to be an idiot. I want Midas to accept the screwed up brake job, repay me the cost of repairs on my vehicle along with the fees to get a salvaged title and reimburse me for all of my medical bills. I have had mechanics look at the vehicle to see if the work I was charged for prior had been done and there are deacrepencies there as well. I would never return to Midas for work on my vehicles again as they don't seem to care about the customer and our safety. They refuse to make this right and I am extremely disgusted by their lack of ethics. I oils not likely recommend them to anyone and if I continue to be dismissed by the company I am willing to take legal matters against the company. Not my style but something must be done to rectify this mess.