Metabolic Research CenterNo customer service

I went in for an initial consultation at Metabolic Research Center in Bentonville, Arkansas. I should have known not to sign up, because the ladies in there were like 'high pressure used cars sales people'. I did sign up because I truly wanted to lose weight. They signed me up for like $239 which fit easily into my budget. After coming back 5 days later after signing up, they told me I needed $400 in supplements that were required. They also made me purchase vitamins, shakes, and other stuff. I could not repurchase each week because it is not in my budget. When my weight loss slowed, Metabolic Research Employees always blamed it on me not buying things. They never gave me the 'counseling' they claimed during the initial sales pitch. I have heard this story from more than 1 person--actually a lot of people at Wal-Mart Corporate have been burned by Metabolic.

• Mb
    mbur Jul 12, 2009

I also joined Metabolic Research Center in Bentonville, Arkansas. It cost me $298.00 to sign up, which was in my budget. What was not in my budget was all the supplements and protein drinks they pushed. I was not told that I did NOT have to take the supplements. In fact, immediately after I joined, I was handed a bag full of supplements "All day weight loss" and instructed on how to take them. I was also ordered to choose my flavor of protein drink and then given those choices. The total for that was $ 157.00. I took them in good faith. I did lose eight pounds in 3 weeks. However, after 3 weeks on the plan, I began to have right upper quadrant abdominal pain and distention. I have had ultrasounds, scans and blood tests. My liver enzymes are now elevated and I am sick. My doctor believes it was induced by the supplements. My doctor wrote a letter to MRC telling them I am to stop the plan immediately. The center actually called me to come in to talk with them so that I can continue the plan without supplements. I am too sick to drive in. They don't get it!
    The counseling I received there was a joke. The young woman who acted as my counselor has never been on a diet. When I asked what her experiences on the diet were (we were told ALL the counselors had done the diet before and could relate to the clients) she responded, "I haven't dieted. I've always worked out and eaten right." Wow, what a kick in the teeth to hear that from your "counselor". When I did ask a question or wanted to discuss an issue, the only answer she had was to try another supplement. No counseling at ALL and no support. I just kept trying until I got too sick to eat or drink. Be very careful what you put in your body. You can not trust these people to be knowledgeable in their products.

• Hs
    hsk Aug 19, 2009

I can not speak for Bentonville, but I can speak for another MRC location in TX, I am an employee. The supplements are NOT required, the protein drinks 100 for month supply, vitamin 14.50 for a month, and oil 21.00 for a month is. That is all that's required.I have done program personally and it was required for me to step through the menus as part of my job. There is no way to fully understand the program or be of the utmost help without personal experience. I hate to hear that you were not happy with the service that you received. There are 3 thermogenics which is what the "All Day Weight Loss" is and one is a choice that doesnt affect blood pressure and/or heart meds. It sounds like ADWL wasnt the best choice for you and I know that down here in the lone star state we know our product and know program like the back of our hands b/c we live it and believe in it. We work very hard to provide give encouragement, guidance and recipe ideas etc to our clients. I have even had my mom to do program and she has lost 30 inches and over 10 lbs in a little over 2 months. Yay! MRC is the most recommended and widely respected weightloss center among the medical community and the company a growing quickly b/c of it. we have many clts who have done awesome with only the bare necessities and tons of ppl who have reached their goal weight and kept it off. I am sorry you didnt get the service that you deserve. I hope you have not gotten so discouraged that you have given up on getting to a healthier weight. You can do it!Remember most eating is habit or emotional, logging your foods will help you make those connections and work towards letting your recreation not be based around foods. (i.e. have a water gun fight, go for a walk, visit a museum, go to an arcade) Good luck!

• Tr
    trying to lose it all Apr 03, 2010

I just started the diet Thursday in Jacksonville Beach and when I signed up my counselor told me that the supplements were optional. They all we very nice and professional. I guess because they are independantly owned, each center may offer a different experience. If you were told that the supplements were madatory I would report the center to the franchise. They should be regualted by franchise rules.

annie10 May 10, 2010

Be VERY careful about joining this scam diet center. It's ALL about buying the products. The counselors are completely clueless about nutrition, health, calories, medications or any other thing having to do with your body. THEY ARE SELLING SUPPLEMENTS and that is it folks!!! In addition, they dispense some scary advice. They told me to get off my prescription thyroid medication - I questioned this and they were absolutely sure that the diet would 'fix' this...of course, my weight loss slowed and my MD said this was the reason and to get off the diet immediately and get my thyroid regulated again.

According to their "comtract" if a doctor advises you to stop the diet, you get your money back. HA HA HA - just try it. These people are crooks, liars, and scam artists. The supplements are not remotely necessary - but that's where the money is for them.

LOOK OUT PEOPLE - it's a classic scam!! It's not about your weight loss result - it's about separating you from your money.

• Mm
    mmia May 16, 2010

you guys are right this company is a scam i can speak for the one in georgia it's all a scam

• Am
    AmyFriz May 23, 2010

I'm so sorry to hear about all the bad experiences all of you had from this company because I feel your pain. I worked for this company for 3 years after losing 40 LBS with the Metabolic Research Center. (I started at 160 and my goal weight was 120). The first couple of years were the best because the paychecks were awesome. And I hate to even say it, but it's so true that the actual company itself does only care about how much money they can make from their clients. Sometimes you will get lucky and get a certain consultant that really does care for their clients, but the "Big Dogs" themselves could care less. Every one of our meetings, which were on a weekly basis was to give more ideas on how to "SELL SELL SELL!" None of us were licensed or trained to give any advice on how to lose weight except through the weekly meeting, which is when they told us what we needed to say to our clients to make them want to sign up for the program. We got commission for every program and supplement we sold, and that was our incentive to say or do anything to make sure you signed that contract before you walked out the door. Each center is in competition with the other to make a monthly quota that is higher than the other. Each consultant is given a bonus each month for whoever sold the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd highest of the "vitamins" and "programs." And of course these bonuses depended on how much your Center made for that month, the more the Center made, the more your bonus was. I'm not sure how many calories the plan is now, but when I worked there in 2003, the average calorie menu was 800 calories, even after going through stabilization it was REALLY hard to maintain your weight. I was given some really lame excuse about why I was let go back in 2003, but they had a real problem with the fact that I had gained back 10 LBS of my weight even though I was still trying to stick with the stabilization program, that I never even completed because once I was hired they just didn't seem to care that I didn't finish my stabilization, they just wanted me to get on the floor, tell my success story to every client and sell their products. Since 2003 I've gained over 100 LBS, which is more than I've ever weighed in my lifetime. A small part of me blames them not only from the depression I went through after I was let go from my job, but I really wish they would have cared more about me as a client then about how much money I was making for them. It hurts to know where I was with my weight and where I am now, but please take it from me, this company will scam you out of the last penny you own while they look you in the eye and tell you how much they care about you and your weight loss, while behind closed doors they will be discussing new ideas on how to make that quota for the month. Please be careful, I'd really hate for somebody else to be walking in my shoes 100 LBS heavier years after dealing with this company, because take it me, walking in these shoes gets more painful as each day passes. Congratulations to all of you who are on their journey to making a better life for themselves by choosing to make healthier choices, just please be ware of the people and corporations that are only out for themselves. Good luck and God Bless!!! :) One more thing I would like to add is the centers I am referring to are all in the Panhandle of Florida: Shalimar, Panama City, and Destin Florida, Ocala Florida, and Columbus Georgia. Of course there could be more added to this small chain of centers by now.

• Pa
    pattyredd1234 May 25, 2010

I am really sorry that some of you have had a bad experience with MRC!!! I also have and still work for MRC, and can tell you that I love my clients!!! Seeing them succeed on this program is so rewarding!!! I have lost 100 pounds doing this program and have kept it off for six years!!! I don't think that If I gained any weight back that I would blame MRC or anyone else but mysel[censored] Not all consultants want to SELL SELL SELL!!! I also don't think that it is fair for anyone to imply that!!! Yes I took herbs and vitamins do I tell my clients they have to take all these things NO I do not!!! Again I have been in those shoes of not being able to tie my shoes, cross my legs, go to the pool with my son unless it was at night, not wanting to go out of the house!!! METABOLIC CHANGED MY LIFE, both physically and personally!!! I love walking in my shoes going from 210 to 110 and keeping it off for 6 years FEELS GREAT!!!

Good luck on whatever journey you choose and know nothing will work if you think you can go back to OLD HABITS!!! It is a lifestyle change

• My
    mydstable Jul 07, 2010

I go to the one in Shalimar FL, one of the centers referenced above. I have found it to be very professional and supportive. I can also attest to several of the supplements making a real difference. My skin is better and my nails are growing faster than they ever have, as is my hair. Everything is more regular and balanced. I only take the basics, not all the extras, but they have been great.

As for the staff, they are very supportive. If they are faking it, they're doing a really good job and the customer doesn't know the difference. It has the same result, which is to support and encourage success.

I have a friend I recommended to the program that lost over 100 lbs and has kept it off for some time now. She had to do the program remotely by phone, as there was no center nearby. She got a minimal amount of product by mail and tons of support over the phone.

I'm sure like any business you have good and bad representatives, but I've been very happy with the folks at the Shalimar office.

• Bl
    blahblahblah10 Jul 14, 2010

I dont think you all should come on here and bash MRC just because you are too lazy and dont have the willpower to stick to the program. I go to MRC and i LOVE IT! They are supportive and they have helped me through it all! Ive lost 50 ibs and reached my goal weight of 120 in the amount of time i paid for. Most of the supplements are optional so whoever told you that you HAD to buy them was wrong and im pretty sure if you contact corporate they will take care of that. As for the SELL SELL SELL consultants, of coarse they want to SELL that is there job and that is how they make money BUT that isnt the only thing they care about as far as im concerned.

• Bs
    Bsprogram Oct 16, 2018

@blahblahblah10 I have been on MRC program for nearly a year, I have followed the program EXACTLY, I have even done the HCG, I have spent about $9000 on this program only to lose 30 of the 50 I set out to lose. I am not lazy, as you state. Glad it has worked for you. I, however, I’m deeply disappointed and will take my complaints and concerns to a higher level.

• Pr
    prgrrl Jul 29, 2010

I used to work for MRC in bentonville after I lost 40lbs. I am with the woman from FL who said that once you were hired they didn't care what you did as long as you made them money (until you started to gain weight that is..). And yes, every weekely meeting was sell sell sell! If anyone fell short of their quota their hours were cut back until the center as a whole made up for it, so for the employee its a double whammy. For myself, I understood what the clients were going through when I heard " this diet is breaking my budget, I just can't afford all these supplements". And the classes!!! what a joke!! the classes are just another to sell items. If you have been to them you KNOW that there is always a supplement or drink or something tied in so that the people in the class will buy the item on their way out (which is strictly by the register). MRC can do good things if you stick with it, but the supplements are not required to lose (although they do have positive health effects). If you have a problem with a center being too pushy call corporate and complain, because they will do something about it. I have seen it. But overall I would give MRC a D-, if you have any other options take them first.

• Mm
    mmm500 Aug 17, 2010

I also am a previous employee and know for a fact this company is all about the money and not about the clients. Anyone that still works for this company is brainwashed and "used car salesman" is exactly how to describe the attitudes of all these people. Managers are typcially uneducated people that have no degree, no nutrition experience and are there because they have no other options and can SELL! My purpose with working for this company was to help the clients and with my previous work experience, I clearly knew more that most of the employees/managers etc. They were all about the money, and would get mad when I would actually sit down and spend quality time with a client. We would get pulled off the floor constantly for not selling programs, and jobs are constantly threatened if you don't sell $13, 000 a month. And yes, agreed with the other comments- the weekly meetings were about how to sell more and more and never about client retention, or truely helping these people. And for any of you still doing the program or considering it, just try and ask one of the consultants a question. Like, "Why exactly is 1 cup of coffee a day going to prevent me from losing? Why is taking YOUR mulitvitamin better than mine prescribed by my doctor? Why can't I buy my protein drinks online?"
    You will be amazed at the lame excuses that will be presented to you. And witnessing clients success rates for over two years I can tell you that about 90% of clients GAIN THEIR WEIGHT BACK or do not complete the program because it is so restrictive. From a Nutritonist point of view, it is better to eat more frequently, have more healthy carbs and learn what kinds of foods to eat-RATHER THAN RELY ON SUPPLEMENTS!! good luck to everyone. Make sure you do your research and find a professional, don't let the MRC hype fool you!

• Jb
    JBCOS Oct 26, 2010

I've been going to the MRC in Colorado Springs. The people who work there are wonderful! They are totally knowledgeable and caring. In fact I did ask about the coffee and was given a complete science lesson on why it's going to slow your weight loss. My wonderful consultant told me I need 3 things - the MRC6, Corti Trim and protein drinks. I told her I'm not buying anything else from them, including their vitamins, and she was more than fine with it. I truly believe the MRC6 and Corti Trim have helped me lose 30 inches - 4 inches alone in my waist. The protein drinks are delicious and have really helped me with my sugar cravings. Ask yourself this- how much do you spend on junk food & eating out every month? I think if you're honest you'll find this plan costs you about the same. I agree the diet is restrictive, but if ya want to lose weight then ya gotta eat less and move more. Again, I have been SO pleased with MRC in Colorado Springs!

• Sm
    smiletodayisgood Dec 30, 2010

I loved working there and lost a lot of weight. I did not feel like a used car salesman at all working there was a great way to make a difference. I made a connection with my clients and liked going to work. I was disappointed that more people did not keep their weight off. I think it is because the stabilization process is slow and the maintenance program is very restrictive. I worked hard to keep in contact with my clients and try to encourage them when the going got tough. I was sad about the way they fired me. I was a good and loyal employee who was let go along with my supervisor because they wanted to turn over our center. ~Beverly

• Ls
    LSR88 Jan 19, 2011

I was a client who visited almost all of the Denver, Colorado locations. At first, I felt like the "health consultants" were truly sincere about helping me and listening to my issues with food & metabolism . I was told that I should start with the HCG program to help repair my hypothalumus, reset my metabolism and help me lose a pound a day or more. I had over 60lbs to lose at the time and their website gives details about their "medical advisory board" (which now I realize only seems to be paid a salary by MRC to say they are on "the board")so I felt comfortable. Well, needless to say I only lost 14lbs on THEIR HCG program... because I was starving on only 500 calories and was losing muscle mass...my body fat got higher and immediately gained weight after!!! I bought all the vitamins, minerals, herbs, etc..."you won't be hungry on HCG, your cravings will go away, you will lose 1-2 lbs per day safely and effectively...oh, don't workout while on HCG (what? anyone ever tell you not to workout while losing weight??- I DONT THINK SO)...also, "besides all of these other pills you should take Phentatrim so you won't torture yourself while on HCG..." Wait...I thought HCG was supposed to do that, now I have to buy MORE?? In short, I DID NOT LOSE WEIGHT EFFECTIVELY WITH MRC!!! Nor, has alot of others that I have talked with. This company is out to ONLY make money on desperate individuals trying to lose weight and push you with their [censor] into spending more and more money with them when overall the whole program is not effective and their consultants (which change all the time- are brainwashed to SELL, SELL, SELL!!!) Some of these girls were in their early 20s and could not answer most of my questions and could not explain why I wasn't losing weight!!! I realized that I had paid for a placebo HCG program, a piece of paper that told me what to eat, and a place to weigh in 2xweek...which btw their scale "Tanita" is a joke and didnt measure my true weight or body fat!! I don't know how the other centers are, but the ones in Colorado are inexperienced, pushy, and flat out LIED to me. I have since gone the right route per the advice of my natural doctor, medical doctor, and a certified nutrition coach...I Went back to the gym, eat 3 healthy meals per day, watch my calories, sugar/carb/fat intake, and spent my hard earned money on a trainer and more effective supplements (that cost less than MRC). It's been since Thanksgiving 2010 and I have lost over 30lbs safely, feel amazing and I am keeping it off!!
    I suggest you do the same.

• Bs
    Bsprogram Oct 16, 2018

@LSR88 Oh my gosh! I could have written this myself! I wish I had read this before investing $9000 in this program. Good luck to you and thank you for expressing my precise thoughts!

• Ri
    rickwonttakeit Mar 02, 2011

Do not pay. I have shelled out over $800. Every time I went into my "meeting" really it was a sales pitch, they pushed a new suppliment. I was doing great on the program until they pushed so much stuff. I was taking over 30 "vitamins" a day. I had diarrehea and they still sold me an "internal cleanser" that causes more diarrehea. My cortisol levels were in the mid-high range accourding to thier own test and they still sold me "cortitrim" to support my cortisone levels. They are a bunch of crooks and sales people. As soon as I said I was done that I would prefer not to participate in thier extra diet plans such as HCG $169 and Medaquick $169 and Metafast $? that I reallys just wanted to start at the beginning and just get back to what was working and to stop taking all the "vitamins" they stopped caring, they stopped calling, and I even had an appointment with one gal in the Beaverton Oregon office that went to lunch when I was suppose to have my meeting with her and she was in the back room and would not come out to meet me at our SCHEDULED TIME.
    If they can't sell you something they don't care

• Be
    Becky Taylor Mar 25, 2011

My mother and I joined Mrc in Auburn, Alabama..My mother is 65 and was almost disabled due to diabetes and Obesity.. I am a classic yo-yo dieter. At the center we joined, the counselors do counsel and do recommend vit-min-we are never forced to buy anything!! Thanks to Mrc, my mother is now mobile, lost weight, cut her insulin requirements and has a much better quality of life. IT WORKS IF YOU WORK IT!

• Da
    dana1016 May 02, 2011

I too signed up for the program but they were extremely vague when showing me the program and after 3 days I went to the training to then be told I had to take all of these supplements and basically the eating plan was not something I was going to be able to do. I decided to just forget the program and eat the all the money I had given them because i knew I wouldn't get the money back. Shortly after my husbands lung cancer went to his brain and bills were piling up to no end. I mailed a letter to the Murfreesboro TN center explaining my situation and asking them if they could please refund my fee because of this circumstance. I never heard a word from anyone. No response whatso ever. When I called about 3 weeks later I was told by the manger, Brittany, that she forwarded the letter to her supervisor and she had no control over it. She was rude and lacked compassion to the extent where I got rude back with her. When I tried to get the phone number of her supervisor, she hung up on me!!! This company is not only a scam, but they are vague in their approach, yet pushy and they have literally no compassion. The program is no restricted, which they neglect to tell you when you sign up, that if you have any kind of life socially, it will be impossible to stay on the diet. Seriously, if you have a bite of sugar you won't lose weight? I would NOT recommend going to this place to lose weight.

• Ha
    happylefty May 27, 2011

I am glad to be able to read all these comments. I will not be using this company. Thanks all for saving my pocket book!

• Zo
    Zobalee Jun 12, 2011

I am sure there are people who, for one reason or many, do not have success with this program. It's not for everyone. Nutri-System works for some, not for others, Weight Watchers, the same, and so on. Any program requires you participate fully to get the results you want. I have tried several programs, and didn't like any of them. Then I signed up for the MRC program, and have lost 18 lbs in 13 days. I am taking only the supplements I choose to take, along with my own vitamins, etc. There has been no pressure to buy anything. There are recommendations, but if I know I don't need it, or I can get it for less somewhere else, I don't buy it from MRC. I go in twice a week to have my BP checked, and it has come down from 155/94 to 133/83. I have them take it twice, just to be sure it's an accurate reading. I have checked books out of their "library", gone to classes (where no products were suggested), and spent 2 and 1/2 hours in one evening with a counselor who knew I just needed to talk. (When I left I realized it was an hour past their closing time, but she never made me feel rushed.) I know that they are giving me the tools, but I have to USE them. It's working. I know I need to "check in" with someone to be successful. I don't want to have to explain a weight gain. Might seem silly to those who are self motivators, but it helps me stay on track. And every lb. lost is celebrated! Makes me want to keep losing. I am learning better ways to deal with emotions than by eating my way through them. A counselor recommended a book, so I downloaded it to my Kindle and have been further motivated and encouraged by reading it. Thank you, MRC!!

• Me
    Melissa Hard Jun 13, 2011

STOP...Don't get reeled in by th hook, line & sinker. They do not care about you after the consultation and will take every last penny you have and laugh all the way to bank! I did the HCG sublinguals and after a few days, I had to be rushed to the emergency room and they told me to get off of the diet immediately. They tell you you can lose 1 pound per day, but the average person only looses 20 lbs for only $490.00. If you want to do HCG, go to your doctor and let them prescribe it to you. They tell you that you have to buy their drinks & can't use any others. Here is a secret...you can buy EAS at Walmart. Much cheaper. I took the MSM and the bottle says take 1 capsule, but they told me to take 3 capsules 3 times a day. Who are they to tell me what to take other than the directions on the bottle. They tell you that so you will run out faster and buy more! They are not weight loss specialist, they go to training for a few days and read a manual & practice the herbs & vitamins that cost like $10.00 and they charge you $99.00. Thats right cha..ching right into their pockets & the consultants paychecks for comission! Oh, and the programs are 100% profit for the company! Don't let them talk you into to re enrolling for another 17 weeks, you already have the menu and you can do it all by yourself! MRC are crooks, liars & scam artists. Don't fall for it & remember you were warned! Remember, you can do anything you put your mind to. Don't let anyone tell you different. Google the sacred heart diet that works!

• Sk
    SkinnyAp75 Jun 22, 2011

I LOVED MRC!!! Everyone has their own personal opinion and success stories. The program WORKS & THE SUPPLEMENTS WORK! People who complain are the negative ones who didn't follow the plans. It doesn't work if you DONT follow- DUH! It is AFFORDABLE. They will fit it to your budget if you communicate to them your struggles. This is truly the only program that has ever worked for me. I lost 65 pounds in 5 and half months and keeping it off over 3 years now. I've NEVER felt so good. I have NO COMPLAINTS about the wonderful DALLAS TEXAS AREA center I still visit every now and again!! I still will TELL EVERYONE TO GO TO THEM!!! IT WILL Change YOUR LIFE!!!

Dianne K. S. Jun 23, 2011

I go to a center in Omaha, NE. I have been on the program since November and have lost 79 1/2 pounds so far. I hope to reach the 100 lb mark when I am done. It has been hard, it is a very restrictive meal plan but the supplements do help a lot. I don't have cravings and I feel great! The staff is very supportive, I take my own vitamins, and I don't buy everything they suggest. And I have never felt anything they suggested I try was any more than that, a suggestion. I like the fact that with the plan I get a year maintenance when I am ready. I have been told that if I can maintain for a year, I have a good chance to maintain for life. Sometimes I do find some of the staff annoying. I hate being told by a young girl that they understand me. I was skinny when I was their age too. But that is just me and there really is no real reason for my annoyance since they have been nothing but supportive.

• Dm
    DMcK27 Jun 27, 2011

I work for MRC and have personally lost over 40 lbs and kept it off! The program WORKS. Your consultant will work with you to determine which program and products are best for your weight loss needs as well as your budget. We believe in our programs. We believe in our products. Work the program and the program will work for you.

• Lj
    ljd555 Jul 15, 2011

I went to MRC last July after being a yoyo dieter for 40 years. In the past 5 years I tried a ton of diets and was not able to lose anything. I did 1 month of HCG and lost 17 lbs, I felt great and was very motivated to lose the rest. I then did MetaSlim and lost another 18 lbs. I feel better than I have in years. I felt the plan was great, the herbs and supplements and the HNS drinks worked well for me. My body shape has changed and I have not been this weight since I was a freshman in high school. I agree the plan was expensive but it is the only thing that worked for me in years. Yes, they did try to sell me products but you just have to be an educated consumer and say no if you do not want to buy something. I felt the counselors were wonderful and really helped with staying on the program as well as helping me with the emotional issues which contributed to my overeating. Once I was at my goal I told the manager how happy I was with the program and if they ever needed anyone to work there I would be interested! I have not worked there since November and it is one of the best jobs I have ever had. I love helping people lose weight and being there to emotionally support them. They company people I have meet have all been nice and caring people. We do sell, but more than sell, we help people in reaching their weight loss goals. I have seen so many people be successful and become healthier. I agree the program is not for everyone but if you do the program, it works. I have maintained my weight since November and have only fluctuated by 2 lbs. It is a great company to work for and a great place to lose weight. I feel bad for the people who did not have a good experience there.

• He
    HeatherTX Jul 21, 2011

Metabolic Research Center is a genuine, far more than money-making company that continuosly strives to improve the information, menus, products and develop their staff to offer the very best they possibly can to their clients. There are numerous menus to fit each individual's lifestyle, a maintenance portion of the program to teach successful clients how to keep the weight off, optional emotional connection classes, cooking classes, they hire for "human connection"- meaning does this individual care, every consultant is required to step through the program, train continuosly, read and participate in self growth books/seminars and is a service equals sales business. It is not sale the customer stuff...it is get the customer a plan to help change their lives and inform them of what is available to help them be successful. I worked in Dillard's for four years prior to coming to Metabolic Research Center and I know what a "sales meeting" is...Metabolic Team meetings/trainings are on digging deeper to connect with people, learning nutrition, individualizing plans, motivating, providing SEAM (support, education, accountability and motivation) I have hired for passion for changing lives and have allowed some to find a better path for their talents if they were salespeople. MRC staff are not sales people nor are they crooks...they are amazing women and men that strive to provide the very best to their clients that have the majority of the time tried lots of programs and have failed, have low confidence and are already skeptical. For those of you who are interested in trying the program... the consultation is 100% free and there are many different options, the business is not a franchise yes sits under a board of some of the most inspiring, genuine and well-educated people in the United States in regards to nutrition & health, the program is guaranteed if YOU do the program and for the disgruntled former employees which seem to be the majority of posts here- I am very sorry that you did not find a career at MRC and perhaps when you reported to work it was a "job" but for me and my entire region I can guarantee it is a passion and the slanders and verbiage posted are hurtful. I have not been "brain washed" nor am I "clueless" yet have taken numerous courses in kinesiology, psychology, certifications in nutrition etc and have trainings on medications, menus, health needs, herbs, meal plans, behavior modification 2 times weekly- I am awake at 12:25 am defending the reputation of this company, encouraging those of you who are ready to take the next step and guess what- I am not "selling" anything. For those of you who were not successful or felt that you did not get the very best of customer service- I will personally go to bat for you to work towards making this program work for you. For the successful clients thats have posted- Congratulations- I am sending you an air high five!!! :-) There is no hook, line, sinker...there are individualized plans, guaranteed 2-5 lbs down weekly, menus to fit your lifestyle (dozens) and people that do care deeply about the clients seeing themselves at their goal weight. p.s. I used to weigh 200 lbs and am sitting here typing in my size 6 pajamas (wt. 138-143) Check out our facebook page to see the large majority of posts
    ( the succcess stories).

angel233 Sep 15, 2011

The new staff of mrc of auburn has been great to me and my family. The manager Blair Mclain has taken that place and totally changed the way it is ran. Every time I step foot in their office I feel as if it is a family environment and every employee want to change your life for the better and not just push product. Most people will tell you that you can do it by yourself, but why would you want to. Everything from education on food and vitamins to meal plans that are ensured to work are all at your disposal. I truly am sorry for anyone who has had a bad experience while on the MRC program, but I am here to tell you that I have been and will always been indebted to the wonderful manager and staff of MRC of Auburn.

• Mr
    MRCstinks Oct 12, 2011

I was an MRC client at the office in north Denver (Arvada). Although I think the overall diet is sound (fruits, vegetables, and lean proteins), I found the "counseling" to be insulting. When I started the HCG 500 calorie/day diet (which is no longer offered, because of the difficulty in maintaining it), I found the "counselor, " to be down right rude. With every visit I encountered a different "counselor, " and most people who work there are young adults (in their early 20's) who clearly have been provided very little training. The inability of the "counselors" to answer any questions about the science behind the supplements was frustrating. I was appalled at the overt HIPPA violations in this office - the "counselors" talk about private details of clients' weight loss/weight gain at the front desk while other clients are sitting in the waiting area. Overall, I found professionalism to be absent from this office. A low-class company, whose sole goal is to sell you as many supplements and food products as possible.

• Su
    Suzanne Ludwig Nov 21, 2011

All I have to say is what business isn't looking to make money. I have lost 45 pounds in 4 months. Apro 2 pounds per week. My lady here in Pueblo Colorado has always been very honest about what I truly need. She swears by the MRC6 and the cortitrim. I have went from a size 13-14 to a 5-6 and I have never felt so good. Now 5 yars ago before I had my 3 children I spent the money on a wonderful trainer and did lose the inches and pounds in about the same time, (4 months) however, everyone tells me that I still look thinner now and I also have to tell you I just gave all the pants away that I wore during that time. I have 5 more pounds to go and then I will be done with the dieting phase. My councelor asked me to trust her during this time and not to lift weights. I believe its because you would be starving yoourself and its very important to follow the diet. She told me to do constantly and work hard. Constantly change things up, which is what my trainer use to preach to me. After my dieting I will be able to lift. Very excited to get my muscle tone!!! Bu the way I use fitness pal and I enter everything I put in my mouth including the protein drinks and its always over 1000 calories! Not 800! I do believe every center is different but I would defiantly trust what to eat, how to work out and drink the protein. When your on this diet you eat a very balance meal. Remember, your fruit is considered your carbs for that meal. With the protein drinks it brings your protein at a higher percentage rate. You want to be a 60% protein, 20% fat and 20% carbs. It is a known fact that protein burns fat and keeps you full longer. It is also a known fact that simple carbs are bad for you. This program has taught me that once your off od those simple carbs that your body will no longer crave them. If you have concerns about the money I would definitely consider how much you spend in junk and eating out. I have simply just put the drinks in the same budget that I had before. Minus the junk and eating out I have done it.

• Ke
    Kelly .E Dec 29, 2011

I too went to the Bentonville, Ar location as the others it was $298.00 up front then when they got that it was another $157.00 for supplements .And then $50.00 a week there after. I am a housewife with 4 children and this was not in my budget at all my husband had to work overtime to cover it. I did loss 25 lbs. in 6 weeks but then one day I had the most horrible pain and went to the Doctor to find out I was taking to much protein and it was damaging my Kidneys and also had caused kidney stones. So 4 years later I still have kidney pain because of them and their supplements and they didn't care in the least. And they are in no way medically trained to know what the risk are. I just had Gastric Bypass at Roller Weight Loss and it is what I should have done to begin with.
    Be very careful and before you say yes talk to your doctor and show him or her the products.
    Kelly

• My
    Mylinda Shaw Jan 12, 2012

Well well well ...as with anything else in life, it cost money, and the more you want it, the easier it comes, the more it cost...Just learn from it!!! The hundreds I spent were worth every dime...I am a 41 year old mother...always stayed within my idea weight. A few years ago after my divorce I gained about 21 lbs and for me that is a lot! I went from a comfortable 150 ( keep in mind I am almost 6 feet tall) to 170+. I went to the clinic wanting to loose 20lbs...I paid the money, bought the supplements, did the whole 9 yards...I lost a few lbs the first week...and about 2.5 lbs a week there after...I lost a total of 57 inches and 27lbs in just about 50 days... I went to the classes to learn how your body burns fat, carbs and how to protect your muscles...I learned what foods to eat and what foods are not so good for you... I changed my entire way of life ( eating that is)..Changing your eating habits are the key to success ! Your body is what you put in it! Eat junk and your body will reflect junk, it's that simple... I guess what I am trying to say is I took the program, the good and the bad...and learned from it..The daily and weekly check ins motivated me to stay on track until I obtained the new eating habits...I took the info from the program and ran with it...I advise people everyday to take some class, not necessarily with the MRC but an accredited class to learn about your body, food and nutrition ...

• Lo
    Lorraine L. Jan 23, 2012

My husband and I signed up at a center here in Houston, Texas. We bought all the supplements, and pills. The first two weeks were hell trying to adjust. We spent 549.00 a piece for us to join this place, thinking we could loose our weight gains. That didn't include all the damn supplements we got told we had to buy in order lose the weight. We spent a total of 2, 100.00 on 14 wks of snacks, pills, and drinks. Since that time things have changed for me. I have lost only 11 pounds so far. I have notice a strong onion like smell coming out in my pores of my skin, especially under my arms when I sweat. I wake up a lot in the night because I can't sleep. What is up with this? Why am I having these issues if this is such a good thing and plan? These people advertise a scam to get your money and your time. I should have researched this company before we joined further, because now I have stopped taking the supplements, and I refuse to go in to get weighed everyday. Ridiculous. All that is doing is making me more worried about my food choices, and my weight number on a daily basis. If not careful, I could become bulimic or anorexic and not want to eat anything period. They play a good mind game on your thinking when it comes to eating out in restaurants to. You feel so bad afterwards. You also feel so bad in the grocery store to. Very limited on what to purchase. Oh, and I almost forgot this when we joined the lady there up my weigh loss recommendation to 41 pounds which I didn't want. I guess to get more money from me I think. Be careful if you sign up and after reading all of these comments, well it is really a shock to see how there are a lot of people that have worked and are counselors at these so called centers and what they have said. What an eye opening experience to read. I wish I would have found this site first before I invested all our money into this.

AnnieF Apr 25, 2012

I am considering joking my local center but all these negative stories make me hesitate. It does sound like success has some bearing on which location you join. Has anyone ever dealt with the office in West Little Rock, Arkansas or the North Little Rock, Arkansas office? I would REALLY appreciate a response from anyone having dealt with either of these two locations, detailing the good and the bad!Thanks!

Discouraged Client !!!!!! May 02, 2012

Well I got suckered into this company as thousands of others have ~ being naive and thinking someone would boldface lie to me ~ telling me how much they "could help me" with good eating habits and well gosh ~ after the initial shock of the amount of money, $299 (seems this cost varies so much everywhere) OH DON'T GET THE HORMONE TEST... WHAT A JOKE THAT IS !!! and after the sales pitch... they I had to 'BUY' the supplements to have with meals... so ANOTHER $156.00 BUCKS... well all went well the first week... lost 6 lbs... (had 40 to lose, , , but this is pretty extreme with me) but was told 6 lbs within that weight would be fine... so I was taking the 3 beginning bottles... THEN... after a week I go in get sat down in a room and she brings out the "YELLOW" sheet to BUY MORE PILLS... I looked at her and told her "You had me buy 3 bottles that cost me $156 BUCKS and I will be FINISHING THOSE PILLS BEFORE I BUY MORE... OH, she says "you don't have to take them anymore... you need to GET ON THIS DIET... I said are you kidding ME????? I Paid for the pills ~ I will take them till they are GONE... and well after the next visit this girl didn't want to HELP ME ANYMORE... had someone else try and TELL ME... YOU NEED TO GET ON THIS DIET"""" BUY MORE SUPPLIMENTS... I said, NO I WILL NOT BE DOING THAT... she says "Well I just don't know HOW WE ARE GOING TO HELP YOU IN YOUR WEIGHT LOSS"... I told her my diet had changed and i was eating NO PROCESSED FOOD and only Organic Vegetables and Juicing and she said, , , well I'm worried you might be losing muscle mass... I told her... YOU DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT MY HEALTH... I AM BY FAR HEALTHIER NOW with how I was eating than taking their "artificial sweeteners" that were nothing but POISON... did you know that Splenda was found by scientists who were trying to find an insecticide???? YA ~ LOOK UP on Google... HOW WAS SPLENDA DESCOVERED... YOU WILL BE SHOCKED!!! and they use MANY OTHER NAMES FOR THAT POISON many are putting in their bodies...
    DON'T JOIN THIS SCAM OPERATION... It's ALL ABOUT THE MONEY THEY MAKE ON YOU wit all the SUPPLEMENTS THEY SELL YOU>>>>>> they are not happy with me and that is quite evident after the last time in... I hope you will listen to all the others who were smart enough to not buy into all the $$$$$$$$$$$$ those things cost... and how unhealthy they are for you!!! Pay ATTENTION PEOPLE... A TRUE SCAM !!!

• Lo
    Lovinit May 19, 2012

I just joined the center in Colorado Springs. In the first week alone I lost 4lbs. Everyone there is AMAZING!! My consultant is the best. She worked with me to get me started because I'm on a budget. We worked it out so that I was able to get on program for very little down and then pay the rest. She swears by the MRC6 and Cortitrim, but she said straight up on my first visit, I'm going to tell you about these, but you do not have to buy them. She always says she is here to help and that if she thinks they have something that will help me she is going to tell me about it, but that doesn't mean I have to get it. I fully intend to stick with this program and make it work for me. I can only speak for COS, but I don't think they are just trying to sell, at least my consultant isn't. I text or call her anytime I need to ask questions or need support because my husband doesn't give it. He thinks that exercise alone should be enough. It may have only been a few weeks, but I am extremely glad I took the step and signed up!!

• So
    sonnyrae Jun 14, 2012

I'm new to MRC (two weeks -Overland Park, KS center) but I have had nothing but great customer service. I was told I have to have 2 protein drinks a day but everything else is optional. I bought some at the center but I have found another source that 's cheaper and will be going that route. I will check back here after 17 weeks, as that is when I'm supposed to reach my goal weight (already down 10 lbs) and give everyone an update.

• Ka
    katorich Jun 19, 2012

It appears from reading these reviews that the majority of them are negative, and of those, most are VERY negative about this company and their overall experience dealing with this company. Regarding the few positive reviews, many of those seem to come from employees of the company, so I chose to disregard them (although their honesty at being employees is appreciated). I was considering recommending this program to my wife, but have concluded that this is a BAD idea!

• So
    sonnyrae Jun 30, 2012

Katorich - I am definitely NOT an employee of MRC. I've lost 16 pounds so far. I do have a negative comment: I was told 2 drinks/supplements is the minimum, but I usually need 3 or 4 to stay full. That part is expensive so I went on Amazon to find a substitute. Syntrax Nectar protein is very similar and have the cost, so I am using that to supplement the MRC products. I doubt an employee would tell you that. I feel great, sleep so much better, and my stomach is flatter than it has been in years.

dietingdiva Sep 01, 2012

I can say the location in dothan al is AWESOME!!! They never try to push products on me only suggest things that might help me along the way. i have lost a total of 89 lbs with them. All the consultants take their time and really help the clients work towards their goal and make sure you succeed. People like myself need the support of weighing in and talking to someone others might night. If you have problems with any of the locations all you have to do is call the main office and trust me issues will be dealt with I know since i had to do it once. They want their clients happy and if your not happy they can not make any money

• Va
    vanessal Sep 01, 2012

I have just recently started with MRC. Let me first say I recieved NO pressure sales at all. When I went back for a weight in I told the counselor I didn't want to know my progress or lack there of . The entire time I was there for counseling, she never once tried to push anything on me and yet she kept smiling like a kid. You know why? she wanted SOO badly to tell me how well I had done. You would have thought my results were HER results. But really here is my take, , , do these centers try to sell? OF COURSE. it's how they make their money. Can they sell and still care OF COURSE. This company, like any other company is in the business of making money and the commodity they sell is weight loss. So as for me, I'm putting on my big girl pants, am going to work their program and get out there and EXERCISE. I buy what I can and buy what I want.. My sucess is largely dependent upon me, I'm not a baby who INSIST THAT THEY CARE ! Until the United States starts providing progams for us we best do what we can. Unfortunately we will always find those unhappiest to be the most verbal. But for those who quit, please find something to help you GOD BLESS !

• Me
    MellisaMac Sep 11, 2012

Everyone is going to have an opinion, perfectly normal. There is no "magic" program...YOU HAVE TO WANNA DO IT and it's how bad you want it. MRC changed my life. I lost 52 pounds and I've kept it off for 5 years now. ANYONE can do this and keep it off but it's all in your head. I never felt pressured when i went to weigh nor felt like they were always trying to sale something to me. The ladies in DALLAS are great!!! I still go in there and they always call me by name and make me feel great. Don't be so bitter people. Health is very important and sometimes you need help from others and metabolic is perfect for it.