Melaleucaterrible experience!

I have been using Melaleuca products for about 6 months now. At first I was relieved to find such a great company with high quality products. I truly bought into the whole package. They promote 'Going Green with Melaleuca' Later did I find out that Melaleuca is really not so green.

I have a hard time understanding how a company that advertises wellness doesn't put all of their ingredients on the labels of the packaging. I have even called Melaleuca, and they refused to send me ingredients for some of the product in the Nicole Miller line. I was finally able to speak to someone who told me the ingredients over the phone. Not only is their makeup loaded with Parabens, but they put dimethicone in almost all of their personal care lines. (Dimethicone is synthetic emollient that is a known tumor promoters and accumulates in the liver and lymph nodes. It is also non-biodegradable, causing negative environmental impact) There is formaldehyde in the children's line. While formaldehyde is wonderful for persevering cadavers, I would prefer to not have that absorbed into my child's skin! There are xenoestrogens in their Body Satin line. Anything that is absorbed into the skin is 10 times that of an oral dose.

I feel Melaleucas advertising is false. The truth is, is that their products are no better than Proctor & Gambles. The only positive aspect of dealing with Melaleuca, is that I can save time and money by making home made cleaning products. Baking soda works wonders and its better for the environment than anything Melaleuca sells.

Hopefully I will be able to send my products back for a refund.

• Si
    Sid Allen Nov 12, 2018

Dog throws-up when eaten. "Send it in with documentation for credit". I the resolution... What does 100% Satisfaction really mean?
    I guess I am spoiled with AMAZON because product return is free and they seem to care about service.

• Cb
    Cbrown53 Nov 01, 2018

They continue to try to get me to buy there 1.00 product but have to buy 60 dollars with of crap don't do it they make 700 for every person they get to sign up the sales people continue to harass me Victoria sawranski

• Wo
    Wong Dong Yeow Sep 04, 2018

I am very disappointed on the service provided by the melaleuca company. i did not get any responses on the missing items on the delivery. Second, after so many emails i've sent your melaleuca company, you guys are ignoring my request. Not even want to reply my emails.

Comments

• Aw
    AWhiteman a healthy Melaleuca Advocate Sep 14, 2014

I feel so bad you received this misinformation. There is absolutely no formaldehyde (quaternium) in their children's line. NO Melaleuca products contain any form of formaldehyde. The business plan has been successful and, over and over again shown that it is not a pyramid or a scheme. I am so sorry you didn't have a good experience with Melaleuca. My family's health has definitely seen all the wonderful benefits of Melaleuca. :)

• To
    Tony4wellness Mar 26, 2012

Melaleuca is there to give us great products and a way out of whatever hardship we might be having. People who say things who are standing outside more often really don't even know what they are saying. re some facts www.asaferlife.info They have paid-out over $2.8 billion to regular folks in commissions so it must work right?

• Ec
    eczema Mar 26, 2012

I love Renew Lotion.

• To
    Tony4wellness Jan 31, 2012

First of All, the backup order plan from Melaleuca works, if and only if you fail to order your 35 product point commitment does it come into play, this is explained during the presentation and should have been explained by the person who invited you as I do. It is better than Auto Ship Programs with other company out there, wherein the same products each and every month is shipped because all they have to offer is a limited number of products. I have heard 'It's HARD to cancel", NOT TRUE! If you decide to cancel your membership, it's really easy to do. All you do is print a cancelation form and fax in your request, why fax?, because of your legal signature, simple! If faxed on or before the 25th of the month, account is canceled for current month and if after the 25th, it will be for the following month. With Melaleuca, There are more than 350 consumable products to choose from. So, Auto Ship Program don’t work. As far as the 35 points commitment to get products at wholesale is nothing, just switch stores do your shopping at Melaleuca. I have NOT ordered lesser than 64 points each and every month that I have been with them. Second, like Amazon, Ebay or any other sites that do business except for companies that issues RMA (electronics), shipping and handling are services rendered or when you return products, you pay. The question is, when you have used up your vitamins for 90 days and decide that they don’t work or didn’t FEEL any improvement or energy, can you return them? With Melaleuca, YES, up to 90 days warranty, no questions asked. Third, I paid $29.- to join Melaleuca for the promise of non-chemical base products and it did make my family healthier with Natural based products, in fact my grandson who had asthma for 6yrs. was healed just by using their detergent, as per me, for the past 4 yrs, my oncologist or cancer doctor has blood test after blood test done on me because I might have Leukemia or cancer of the blood. And after taking their Vitamins for 4 months, I cried when they told me my white cell count went down to normal to everybody's amazement. Tell me, What price do you put on your HEALTH? Added to that, the revenue sharing program has helped me, I made over 20K last year, just for telling people about products that are GREAT and this all happened for a $29 investment, call me crazy, if you calculate even if you spend $70 or 35 points for a year that's only $840 for a year for products that my family uses yearly, CHEAP, and this is not even part of “cost of doing business”, we came out way ahead. And even if, I didn’t make money, just with the deduction I had on my schedule C, because I did signed up also to become an Independent Marketing Executive with them and it was worth it. Listen really hard for those don't have any deductions. Value of products was my main concern; addition income was a pleasant surprise". I'm sorry, I have not made my first Million Dollar yet on Melaleuca but I'm already a big big Winner when it comes to good health for my family and myself, that is KING to me! I welcome any questions about Melaleuca, their products or even the research I have done, which are now a part of me and my family now as a Blessing'. Call me at [protected].. God Bless!

• Le
    lesa anne Oct 25, 2011

Where in the world did this person get the idea that anything absorbed through the skin is 10 times stronger than something taken orally???!!! I am a Registered Nurse and I can tell you right now this person is misinformed. There are medication patches where the medicine is absorbed through the skin. With most things, however the amount absorbed through the skin is minimal. I think most pharmacists and doctors would tell you the same thing. Most things would be alot more dangerous swallowed than rubbed on the skin. Of course, stronger by far, would be the injectable route.

• Tr
    Truth Teller Aug 19, 2011

Everyone needs to think before that attack. I know its the Internet but you shouldn't check your brain at the door when you post here. A+ rating with the BBB, completely debt free, countless local and national awards, almost 1 Billion in sales last year, they have paid OUT to others nearly 3 Billion dollars in referral commissions to single moms, families and hard working people since they began and they even fund an orphanage in Ecuador for goodness sakes.

Just because you forgot to order like you said you would doesnt negate all of that and make them a scam... it just means you said you would order and didnt.

• Tr
    Truth Teller Aug 19, 2011

So much wrong information in this thread its hard to pick where to start...

Vic-o-la - You paid $29 to enroll and that purchased you the business kit to get started. You have 4 months to decide if its for you or not and at the end of the four months if its not for you, you return the kit and get your $29 back. Why you gave your kit away is beyond me but to twist it around and blame the company is disingenuous.

To vic and green - No company anywhere reveals patented or proprietary ingredients or formulas. Melaleuca is under absolutely no obligation to reveal every last formulation of every last product to you just to satisfy your product paranoia. I call it paranoia because if you honestly took the time to compare the other major brands out there against Melaleuca you would quickly learn that they beat everyone else hands down in environmental practices, organic ingredient usage, specific ingredients in products and overall company policy and procedure.

There is a tremendous amount of FICTION here online. Stop letting Google scare you and instead do some real and actual hands on research like Melaleuca does at some of the major universities and work with real scientists, doctors and chemists like Melaleuca does. When you look at the SCIENTIFIC FACTS and not what some random yahoo may or may not have posted online, Melaleuca emerges as the undisputed leader in product development that is safer for your home, your kids, your pets and the environment.

meltoblame - Melaleuca NEVER charges you for what you do not ask for. You either place an order before the end of the month or you pre-authorize them when you sign up originally to send you whatever you picked out and asked them to. Melaleuca either has you recorded on the phone agreeing to that and saying that you understand that and dont have any questions OR they have your enrollment contract where you agreed to it in writing so to come here and make it sound like they charged you for what you didn't authorize is completely misleading.

As far as their reputation not lasting, sales have steadily been on the rise over the last 25 years and we have more customers now than we ever have had before. Scams don't last, but Melaleuca and their completely unique business model obviously does.

meltoblame Aug 12, 2011

Melaleuca may profess to stand behind their products, but do not follow through. It is one of the worst companies out there to return items. They have charged me twice for product I did not authorize. It has taken me from May 2011 until mid-August to finally "scream, " I want my money refunded. They may have great products, but their reputation will not last if they do not change their cancellation process. I will not be referring there prodcuts based on the cancellation scam.

• Se
    seriously "green" Apr 26, 2011

I went to a networking event that is held by "Girls Gone Green team". These girls represent Melaleuca and host many events in Colorado all revolved around their Girls Gone Green team and recruiting women from other companies to also join their team and sell Melaleuca. I asked if the Melaleuca products contained animal products or by-products, parabens or harmful chemicals. The ladies told me "no" and then I went to research it for myself and found they contained Parabens and Phthalates, Propylene Glycol and Sodium Laurel Sulfate. I was also told these products would be safe for my children to eat. I honestly would not want my children to eat any of these ingredients that are linked to cancer and are used to de-ice runways at airports - these are not safe and "green".

NO PRODUCT LABEL ON SOME PRODUCTS: I'm also interested why products that normally contain harmful ingredients like Melaleuca's Defining Lash Mascara does not show the Product Label (ingredients) and in the description it says "Paraben Free superior molded curved brush" but does not say Paraben free mascara.. very interesting

VAGUE PRODUCT LABELS - some product labels are very vague. For example MelaPower® 6x HE Detergent—48-load, Scent Free - this label for the ingredients states "Cleaning agents (biodegradable anionic and plant derived nonionic surgactants), solubilizers, brightening agents, and preservative. Seriously.. what kind of brightening agent? What kind of preservative? My question is what do they have to hide?

REFERENCE WEBSITES:
    Toxic formaldehyde
    By Green Living Tips | Published 12/26/2006 | home, family, business, building
    Formaldehyde, you and the environment

While formaldehyde (also known as methyl aldehyde, methylene oxide, oxymethylene and oxomethane) is a natural occurring substance in the environment; mankind has pushed the presence of this toxic chemical to incredible levels; in fact, it's one of the most common indoor pollutants.

Formaldehyde is volatile organic compound (VOC), meaning that it becomes a gas at normal room temperatures.

Avoiding formaldehyde-ridden products is very difficult. Formaldehyde is used in the creation of polymers (plastics) and other chemicals and is very common in adhesives.

MELALEUCA: http://www.melaleuca.com/ProductStore - select product and select product label. Not every product will have the product label on the website, but I look through every one that did have the label.

OTHER REFERENCE: A great website to reference: http://www.eves-best.com/chemical-dangers-in-personal-care-products.htm

• Vi
    Vic-o-la Apr 01, 2011

I agree, you cannot find out the ingredients of their products. They continue to say they are on-line, but never found on their website. They finally cancelled my membership, but never refunded my initial fee. They require you to return everything the sales rep gave you when you attended the seminar. I initially thought their products were good, so I gave out the brochures to friends and family. Since I couldn't return all the items, I will not get my refund. Just another gimmick by a president who is I'm sure making tons of money. Do not enroll in Melaleuca!

• Ph
    phang wai kheong Apr 01, 2011

I've found the truly organic products in Wellness Concept. You can check it out at www.wellnessconcept.net

• Vi
    Vic-o-la Feb 04, 2011

I joined Melaleuca three months ago. My VISA credit card was continually denied which I have had for over 10 yrs. It was NEVER or has been denied by any other businesses. I was told over the phone to complete the cancellation form which could be found at www.melaleuca.com/myoptions. When neither me or my sales rep could locate the form on-line, I called the co. and was walked through the MULTIPLE steps to get to the form. When I said I was told at my orientation I could get my membership fee returned, I was told I could get my membership fee returned, IF I return the complete initiation kit. Other people wanted info on this company, so I gave them my initiation kit, so I don't have anything to send back. Nice gimmick, huh? I wasn't told I would have to return the kit if I wanted my money back. I also sent the company three e-mails asking about their products since I am allergic to aloe vera, rosemary, and other herbs. Never got response from company, and so when I used the products, to include detergent, and fabric softener, my skin developed a terrible rash. Are they not required according to law to list all ingredients on the product, because they do not. One has to go on-line (supposedly) to identify ingredients. I could never find where on-line to get ingredients of their products. Also, everytime you need to clean, one has to make up multiple separate bottles with various strengths in order to finally get an item cleaned. Their dishwashing detergent never cleaned tea stains or hardened food even though I added extra detergent, and used hot water in the cleaning cycle. My sales representative recently had a brain hermorrage after taking the Vitality +50 vitamins for many years. There are over 24 tablets she took each day. Yes, she said she had more energy, but little did she know, the pills were harming her organs. She now is unable to care for herself and is now in the care of her son. Do not join Melaleuca. The company uses a point system in order to get discounts. Also they have loyalty dollars you use, but products are garbage items that don't sell or you don't want. Gimmick after gimmick. I learned my lesson the hard way, so don't you go in the same path. VanderSloot is a millionaire due to customer buying into this gimmick.

• Gi
    Girlcar99 Aug 11, 2010

I joined Melaleuca about 6 months ago and now use most all of their products in my home. I have at least tried each of them. Much better ingredient and manufacture wise then what you would buy at lets say, the local grocery store...but for someone like myself, that grew up on a farm, and parents own a healthfood store- of the strictist type. No sugar on any of their labels. Even the cosmetics: if you can't eat it, you don't put it on your skin! So for some things, as the Renew lotion- which contain petrolium byproducts., or the childrens toothpaste containing floride- hard for me to reccomend to health concious people who educate themselves on these ingredients. But Love the cleaning products, the laundry detergents, the pharma products, and some others. So I can market this as a wellness company- and for the average person, this is so much better then what they would be using/eating. Any steps a person takes toward being healthier is better for them!
    I am currently living 45 min from any store, as well as raising a 2 yr old and a 4 month old. I love that I can shop online and have products delivered right to my door!

• Po
    PocketAces Jun 04, 2010

The reason why they are not on shelves is because 90% of products on shelves are there because they paid millions of dallars to be their Melaleuca to get their products off the shelves would have to have advertisments etc. This is not what the company is about it's about word of mouth advertising and the success stories of the little poeple. Go on you tube learn about the owner frank vandersloot he is an amazing guy. I mean come on guys what MLM company has survived 25 years out in the open... NONE I have been with the company for 3 years just decided I wanted to get the word out more because of how amazed I am about the products and now I'm making $135/month after only 4 weeks by getting 8 new clients too see what it's all about.

kelk May 28, 2010

well those individuals are doing it wrong...we are not an avon service!! How customers find out abut the products doesn't say anything about the products though. They ARE superior products!!

• En
    enoughsaid May 28, 2010

If this is such a good product..why arent there any distributors locally? Like i only see people mainly individuals selling this. ex. its not in Sephora or any malls im aware of here in Tx.

kelk Apr 04, 2010

I guess that goes to prove that melaleuca still stands as the best!!!

• Od
    OdatStevo Apr 03, 2010

"In reality the # of people enrolled, the higher the salary." Part true. Reality is, the harder I work the more money I make as there is no such thing as free lunch. There is truely residual in part, but I must not only work hard, but also smart. All of the money is made by referral like you refer people to watch a movie or download an I-Tune which the referrer gets no compensation for their time or effort to refer. If my referral gets no results, I do not take it personal, I just refer to the next person who is more ready to act on the referral."You just give em your credit card info and you end up with a bottle of shampoo, laundry detergent and a bar of soap." Could happen that way if you chose to order those 3 items. But the point is in the choice for what you need or want to try. Don't like it send it back full or empty no questions asked, usually you are allowed to keep the merchandise and you are refunded for product and shipping which moves me to the next item. "Tried to cancel many times to no avail, they talk up the good points of the products and avoid your cancelation request." Last I read and heard, you have to cancel in writing per Company policy. How would you like it if you were working as a Physician and someone unknown to you called the medical board, said they were you and canceled your Physician liscense because that person had the proper information to cancel you, such as your publically listed liscense number. That would, as a physician, put me out on the street as the creditors swarmed to take back all my personal property until there was nothing left but my dried up spit. Thanks retired MD Odatstevo Williams

• Ol
    oligo Mar 26, 2010

Melaleuca is the best it has improve my health taking them oligo vitimens daily has change my life I wouldn't b saying this if it wasn't true u r wrong talking bad about this company!I love melaleuca n that's all

• Xc
    x.chris.x Mar 21, 2010

If you are interested in joining or simply want more info your welcome to email me at [email protected]

kelk Mar 16, 2010

YOU ARE SO WRONG...Mela would be in big trouble right now if they were claiming to be something they are not and they curtainly would not have recieved awards from BBB or been around 25 yrs and still growing. I only here good things about this company..find something else to do with your time then complain and you might actually find some success in something. WAY TO GO MELAMONEY!!!

• Be
    BecR Feb 02, 2010

As for the comment that MLMs not having valuable products, that is just not true. And, the Free Enterprise System using the Traditional Marketing Channels you refer to serves only to profit the owner(s) of a company, not the ill-paid people who work their butts off.

In MLMs, you are the Marketing Channel. Therefore, the marketing money in relation to the effort you put in goes to you, not the owner of a marketing company. Who, by the way, has ill-paid people working their butts off to make the marketing company owner millions. So, about 2 people make all the money for any given product by the Traditional Marketing Channels.

• Be
    BecR Feb 02, 2010

I have used Melaleuca for over a decade. I wouldn't have done that if the products weren't superior. The Provex Plus alone relieved my arthritis and allergies, wouldn't be without it. Before Provex Plus, I couldn't wear contact lens because of my scratchy eyes. Within 3 weeks of use, I was able to get contacts for the first time and have been wearing them for over a decade now with no problem.

Twice during this time I experienced two personal financial situations that required me to end my connection to Melaleuca (as well as all other bills, not just Melaleuca) & both times I just called on the phone to halt my membership. They just let me know how to word it & fax to them with my signature.

Since I had not really pursued it as a business, I wasn't bringing in a big check but still got a pretty good check each month just from the people I had shared with. If I put in the effort to build a business, it would not be hard. Actually currently thinking about doing just that due to the lack of loyalty/ethics of employers.

MainstreamGuy Nov 13, 2009

Any company that has to sell their product through MLM is NOT offering a valuable product, period. The free enterprise system allows products of value to rise to the top through traditional marketing channels. Total abuse of friends and family whom you would better serve by asking them to GIVE you money...

• Fa
    Fav. 20 Sep 27, 2009

Melaleuca is just what they say it is, other wise they would go out of business paying out huge sums for settlements. They have been around since 1985 and going strong ...The problem with making money with Melaleuca is that to many people have gotten burned by SOMEONE ELSE, that is the main factor, like am way most any time i talk to someone about Melaleuca, they put up their gaurd""oh it's like am way""?and so they want to here nothing more, mind closed...and anyone who enters a contract should read it and NOT pass blame on anyone else...

• En
    enviro chick Sep 23, 2009

It is very important that the information poeple complain about is backed up by scientific research. If the person making comments about the dimethicone will simply google the word dimethicone and use another websites definition or label should be aware that there are all kinds of people in this world who can build a website and it can be false or skewed or true. Comments should be referenced in order to have credibility.
    I also looked at many of my products and some of which I purchased at a local wellness store, these products had dimethicone in it.
    Also, check out the website, skindeep and there you can see ALL of the products that contain dimethicone. Really, you just might be putting sunscreen on your face that has dimethicone.

• Am
    AmyWyoming Aug 26, 2009

I work in the cosmetology business and ALL companies are required to have a MSDS sheet on all products. This is a "materials safety data sheet" which lists all chemicals which the product contains and the safety rating. As licensed professional, I am required to have a MSDS sheet on every product I use or sell. Ask Melaleuca for a MSDS sheet on their products.

Of course you can make a lot of $$$. I can make $$$ selling ice during winter in Alaska too. It's in the marketing and the gimic. What it comes down to is what are you willing to do & how are you willing to bend the truth? Is it all about the $$$? This is what you have to ask yoursef.

• Mi
    michif Aug 18, 2009

The good news is the GMP (good manufacturing practices) requirement that is coming into play with nutrition products. The governement will begin requiring that every company complies to strict labeling standards by 2011 or they will go out of business. So either Melaleuca complies to quality and label requirements in the next year or so or they won't last. :)

melamoney Aug 18, 2009

bla, bla, bla. while people cry about melaleuca, the latinos are making a lot of money. why?
    because we work very hard and less crying. I make $25, 000 per month I made this in just 26 months, how is that?

• Wa
    wahmomof2 Aug 13, 2009

I think this complaint is completely bogus. First of all it is loaded with misinformation. As for the comment on spending $2000...why in the world did you do something like that? I know that no one asked you to spend a nickel on advertising. They promote free advertising. I have been a member and have been referring customers for quite some time now and my checks are pretty substantial for never leaving my house. I have never made less than $800 - that was my first check and it has been growing ever since. And the business model is not one of those "pyramid things". If that was your impression, then it is no wonder you did not make any money. It is a legitimate way to earn a lot of money while truly being at home.

• Ik
    Iknow Jul 17, 2009

Amensista,

I am glad that you found a company that you like, but I did want to mention that your spending over $2, 000 on marketing materials was purely YOUR CHOICE. It is not necessary. I have been receiving a check each month for over 40 months and all I have done is shopped and referred other customers. And, I might add, it has been well over $9.

melamoney May 12, 2009

you are not informed at all. better chose other company to make complaint. every body is happy making money here haha!...

melamoney May 12, 2009

wow, you may be so happy using clorox in home and using vitamins thas don't work any ways do what you want. and be happy. if you can

Chan May 05, 2009

Thanks for all the information i was just deciding weather i should sign up or not. I have been looking for natural cleaning products. and Lotions without any Parabens. I have found a selfpreserving lotions finally usana.com. Thanks again for your help

• Am
    amensista Feb 20, 2009

I was a member of Melaleuca for 9 years. I had a wonderful experience for most of it. The marketing plan only works (in the sense that you can quit your day job) for less than 1%. I made an attempt at the business end 4 times and a total of probably 1/2 the time I was enrolled. My largest check was $500 but the average was about $9. I spent over $2000 on advertising and such.

As for the products, if you log in to your online account, they give all the ingredients. There is absolutely no formaldehyde (quaternium) in their children's line. That is a piece of misinformation.

There is however splenda, sucralose, in their food line. I don't understand this because they preach, and preach HARD against bleach. Splenda is produced using chlorine and converts to chlorine biproducts in the intestines.

I am no longer a melaleuca member because I was no longer satisfied with partly organic and mostly natural products. I wanted all natural, organic and plant based items. I started shopping at www.allnatural4life.com.

• Li
    Lisa G Jul 17, 2008

I totally agree. I have tried canceling for two months! When you call, sure they seem nice but don't be fooled. How would my mail get everywhere but to Idaho...it's a pyramid scheme. They tell you what you want to hear, good for the enviroment, 100 % guarentee .. the only truth is they steal your money! I have contacted the BBB and my credit card company. USE CAUTION!!!

• K
    k May 18, 2008

Aworldchampion.com is a link to a MLM... Don't be fooled!