Melaleucaavoid

B

Melaleuca is nothing more than an MLM scam! When I joined I found that the prices were outrageously high and when you try to sell any Melaleuca product the 'team' of people above you makes a huge commission, that's why the price is so high! So when you sign up they try to get you to go out and recruit others to buy tons of this crappy product.

So after realizing this (and after being charged $70 for my first month) I closed my account and sent my order back for what I was told would be a refund. AFTER sending my order back I was told that I wouldn't be refunded and would instead be given a credit, which I can't even use because my account was closed!

Melaleuca is a fraud. They are an mlm company which gives you overpriced products that you have to buy to then sell to others, they bill you monthly, they make it almost impossible to cancel, and they wouldn't refund my order despite being told that I would be refunded! Avoid Meleleuca!

• Wa
    Wayne Livernois Aug 14, 2015

Apparently any and all of you that make complaints about Melaleuca had the wrong person enroll you because they were not very good teachers because that is what we are "teachers" we teach about the Quality of the products and the Quality of the company the products are scientifically proven to be better than anything you can buy at the store and the home and personal hygiene products are more concentrated than anything you can buy at the store as an example the laundry soap Mela-power you can do a full load with only a 1/2 oz. instead of the usual 2 to 8 oz with other brands and I would bet that if you were to buy the same five products at the store like it appears you do with melaleuca you would stop going to that store or is it that you have to buy the same five products all the time because their products are so diluted down with water that you have to buy their products every month and the person that enrolled you should be able to help you to solve any problems you might have by getting on the ph. with you and the company be cause you don't know the right questions to ask if you have any questions that you would like for me to answer my e-mail is [email protected] my cell# is [protected] or you can friend me on facebook I am the only person with my name Wayne Livernois and I live in N. California

• Ha
    Happy Mela customer!!! Oct 14, 2014

Melaleuca is a great sound referral type biz... Not an MLM and the products are life changing!!
    No matter what you google there will be complaints...so take that into thought when doing your research. If you would just ask the person who enrolled you to hear a preservation (the company has them scheduled so you hear it correctly)

This is a debt free company that really has the right intentions .
    Also check out BBB.org... AAA RATING!!!
    Melaluecaawards.com

Oh and the products are great!! I truly live them :) if you are interested in learning more let me know :) [email protected]

Charlie2013 Dec 28, 2013

As someone who has participated in the past with health product MLMs with the goal of making money and at the same time working with a product ( s ) that where healthy and clearly work, I must say I am very skeptical of programs that have a monthly buy program.
    Bman3304 seems to break it down fairly well, and his math appears fairly accurate.
    I am sure if you have the time and people skills to invest you can have success. I am also sure that most people will not have the patience, time or skill sets necessary to succeed. I have been involved with two different companies now that I felt were on the up and up and have better compensation plans than Melaleuca.
    I will not say they are a scam as I have not tried their products, but I will say that the amount of time this type of program needs to have asuccessful outcome will be more than most people have unless they are retired or are empty nesters.
    There will always be a few out there, young and old, who will be exceedingly successful. They are the exception not the rule.
    This program can work but for most people but it will take several years to realize a livable income.
    My suggestion would be to get started if you can meet the minimum product requirements and then build the business over time.
    A slow but steady approach will be more successful for most people.
    I own an Indoor air quality testing company and also inspect commercial and residential buildings. This brings me to why I am looking at Melaleuca. I need to be able to offer clients a product or products that will meet the need more and more people have for lowering the air quality issues found in all buildings.
    I am considering the products of Melaleuca because they are chemical free and also because I can always use another source of income... These are just my thoughts and my approach, yours will likely be different, Good luck and think things through carefully. Don't make a decision to participate until information and not emotion are the deciding factors. Good Luck !

• Bm
    bman3304 Jun 05, 2012

Melaleuca is a pyramid scheme/MLM company that disguises itself as a product company as most schemes tend to do now to avoid the Federal Government.

Let me break it down in simplest terms, In order to make at least $1, 000 a month you need to have 100 people under you (or 50 that have at least 1 person under them) that keep up their membership fee per month of 35 points or $65.00. You will get 20% of that commission. or $13 per person. Understand that you must spend at least $65.00 a month or you cannot be a member.
    So do the math, that's roughly a thousand dollars. So in order to make the "big bucks" you need to have those 100 spend more then the league minimum or get more people to sign up. As with anything in life it always comes down to agony vs. income and this business plan requires more work for less money. If you want to make 35K a month you need to recruit almost 2, 700 people who spend the league minimum each month.

The bottom line is that the products are no different than other store bought items at Costco, Target etc. They all work the same. They are not better. I've tried them. The Vitamins do not release more into your systems. The laundry detergent does not clean or remove spots better than name brands. The energy drinks are not cheaper. It's a myth created by potential salespeople in order to get you to sign up so they can make money off you. If it were truly a value and service you wouldn't be forced to spend a minimum amount each month. In this economy people are tightening up, not spending more.

• Hy
    HyacinthBucket May 22, 2012

This post is bogus. Know how I know? Because those in the business never have to buy product to resell to others! The only products Melaleuca Marketing Executives are required to buy is what they will use in their own homes. The products are great, and there are over 350 of them in the catalog. Most people buy shampoo, laundry detergent, and household cleaning products every month anyway, why not buy non-toxic and environmentally friendly products that work better and cost less than the "green" products sold in the supermarkets and Wal-Marts?

Don't know why this poster is trying to discredit a reputable company, but, as someone who is actually familiar with the Melaleuca company, these comments just do not ring true.

Janetlhb Mar 29, 2012

Wow, it's interesting to hear the opinions of the above. My two cents worth is also my opine. I've used these products since May 2011. My house is now cleaned with products made in the USA, I am not afraid to breathe in while I am using them AND unlike ANY inexpensive store bought product that I have used, THEY CLEAN!!
    I also feel great after taking the vitality pack. The proof is in the blood work too. My cardiologist asked me what I had been doing differently. After telling her, she wants to know more. The only thing I changed was taking the Vitality 50+ complete. As far as a scam, I have made money, not thinking this is a get rich quick plan but as I share with others, I do get paid. I like that idea. Maybe many of the negatives are due to people telling others they can makes tons of moola while the truth is, you might...while sharing these great products with those you care about and becoming more healthy; physically, environmentally and financially.

• Pe
    Pepito Fernandez Mar 16, 2012

Guys, you don't understand the concept behind the business. After you have a solid organization, which doesn't take much to build if you are good at communicating with people (most people suck at this).

Once you have a solid organization, the last thing you are worry about is the miserable $70 because you are making easily a couple thousand dollars every month.

So, don't blame on Melaleuca your incapacity to conduct business. 95% of Americans are FOLLOWERS... not leaders. You need to be a leader to make this business succeed. I've made hundred of thousands with this company and about to reach 1MM very soon. 9 to 5 worker mentality will not make you a penny in this business, so keep flipping burgers at McDonalds, you don't know any better obviously.

• Ni
    NICKEL AND DIME COMPANY Feb 08, 2012

My only response is simple, If such products work for others then great. However not everyone follows the beaten path of an MLM such as this one. I feel sorry for those who believe it is far superior than anything you can purchase at a regular store. I can help share life enhancing products without the pressure of being a so called "preferred member" or meeting a requirement to spend a minimum of $70 per month on items i purchased the month before. I probably would have a different opinion had i not felt the pressure to spend money every month on items i did not need. Not what i call promoting a debt free ideology.

• Vu
    Vurt Feb 07, 2012

THESE ABOVE COMMENTS ARE BOGUS! Melaleuca is NOT an MLM company, and if you paid ANY attention to the person enrolling you, you would know that. All products are priced reasonably, are FAR SUPERIOR to the TOXIC products in grocery stores, and all customers are eligible to share in the profits with the company. SHAME ON YOU for trying to discredit a company that has "enhancing the lives of others" in its mission statement.

• Ni
    NICKEL AND DIME COMPANY Jan 23, 2012

Was with the company for about 6 months. Products are expensive and customer service as a non-preferred member is not first class. They charge you with restocking fees for returns, just another way to make more money off of customers. They also deduct money from your account if you have a credit with them, proves to be an even worse BS policy. Beware of this so called "green", "more healthy", "natural" company. Your local organic markets are just as good, more affordable, and don't treat their customers with a nickel and dime mentality like Melaleuca does