M.D.C. Holdings / Richmond American Homes Logo

M.D.C. Holdings / Richmond American Homes

Having problems with M.D.C. Holdings / Richmond American Homes?

4350 South Monaco Street
Denver, Colorado

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with M.D.C. Holdings / Richmond American Homes.

Complaints & Reviews

Sep 21, 2019

M.D.C. Holdings / Richmond American Homes — richmond american homes

Our home sits on a spring that your company, Richmond America built in 2003 in Sterling Hills located at...

Jul 02, 2018

M.D.C. Holdings / Richmond American Homes — poor and dangerous craftsmanship performed in kitchen

My husband and I bought our Richmond home in 2013, in the Banning Lewis Ranch community, in Colorado Spring...

Mar 30, 2018

M.D.C. Holdings / Richmond American Homes — false promises

Richmond American promised to build a home for us in 6 months after they received our deposit. They are still...

M.D.C. Holdings / Richmond American Homes — windows disconnected from frame and leaking, multiple faulty plugs, bad inside framing

Our home was built as a ready to move in home. We purchased the home in 2014. The home is so cheaply built...

Richmond American Homes — new home

First off the sales guy acted like a used car salesman for about 75% of the time we interacted with him...

Richmond American Homes — zoned air conditioning failure

We purchased our house in 2014, and I had to call Richmond out a dozen times to look at our AC unit. They...

American Richmond HomesFaulty Window

Our double paned window has condensation in it. When I called the company they said it was out of warranty and they wouldn't stand behind it. Even so, the rep stated, it was man made and they don't warranty man made items. She said they couldn't guarantee that our house would be waterproof. I was astounded! I asked her if she was saying that they wouldn't guarantee our house to be waterproof, because I thought I'd heard wrong. She said it was man made and they wouldn't, and couldn't, guarantee man made items. I was shocked! I asked her did she not expect me to live in the house and that the windows, etc. should last and she said it wasn't their problem. We were free to contact the sub contractor but they wouldn't help us. What a way to run a company. She wouldn't even consider checking into it. I suspect they just say no to everything and hope home owners will go away. Will I ever buy another American Richmond home? Never! And I suggest that no one else does either. Unless they want a man made disaster that the company won't stand behind. I'm still trying to wrap my mind around the house not being covered because it's "man made"! Completely nuts!!! BTW, if it isn't man made how do you get a house? Grow one?!!

Richmond American HomesLied To me

Bought my first new home in Loretto Bay, Bella Lago, Henderson, Nevada. I have occupied my home for 3 1/2 months & the problems continue. Nightmare!!

found out after buying my new home that, all my neighbors had landscaping included with the purchase. Now I find out, that on the new street under construction this is also included. I will be fined monthly for not doing mine! I'm a cancer pt & I am upside down in medical bills & was astonished that my home is 1 of 4 Not offered this. Then I find out that the neighborhood, which is new, will not be finished due to "low sales!" I only bought here because I assumed my son would have some neighbors with kids to play with. Now, my neighborhood is half desert & I'm paying HOA fees to keep up the grounds that dont exist

There are approximately 24 homes in the community built by Richmond American & approximately 140 dirt lots. If I would have known there was a possibility of them not completing the neighborhood, I never would have purchased this house.

I have had so many builder & "design center" issues that I have missed multiple days of work waiting for the(8-12 & 12-5) workers to come see, estimate & replace items, that I could have made a mortgage payment.

I'm so unhappy & upset that I struggled through my illness to be able to purchase this home for my son & myself, only to find that I was cheated out of my yard, out of neighbors & out of a community.

Richmond American HomesDon't buy

We have a Richmond American Home built from November 2006. It is 3yr 3mo old and Richmond American (RAH) couldn't care less about customer service. We have a tall kitchen cabinet that holds our oven and microwave that is pulling away from the wall. Because the cabinet is pulling away from the wall it's also pulling our granite countertops with it.

A representative from RAH came today to look at the cabinets and said "oh, it's a manufacturer defect - you'll have to contact Aristokraft to fix that". I just called Aristokraft and the lady in customer service told me I had to go through the authorized dealer to submit a claim. Am I stupid or what - isn't RAH the authorized dealer? I swear - I will never by another home from them. Once you sign the title - you never see them again!

Richmond American HomesDo Not Build with them

We regret building with RAH. This company supplies each house with the CHEAPEST of everything. The garage doors, all fixtures, electrical sockets are RARE, personal requests to change something because you realize how crappy their stuff is creates a HUGE problem. Everything is a NO!...then they try to sweet talk you to accept it and be happy. Everything that comes STANDARD is SO CHEAP. We cant even find the crap they supplied anywhere...its SO cheap. We have a huge garage with only 1 electrical outlet. They left the wires to the garage doors hanging out. Its just frustrating to see that RAH does not want to be known for quality as a standard!
        We bought for the floor plan but now have TONS of work to do to make our house feel like it has some quality.

Richmond American HomesLeaky ceiling and poorly installed front door

We had the problem with the upstairs hall bathroom that leaked into the dinning room.

We contacted Richmond American Homes, they sent out a representative and he informed me that the overflow drain was turned the wrong way. They repaired the ceiling. However as time went on it continued to leak into the dinning room. We had the ceiling removed in that section and a plummer informed us that the drain pipe was improperly installed.

The front door also leaked into the foyer and eventually the door fell apart. Richmond did not make the repairs.

Richmond American HomesThey are the worst

The WORST home I had ever had built. We had problems with plumbing, wiring, landscaping, flooring, etc. We have lived in this new house for three months...and still continue to have problems...yet Richmond does not care...once they close on your house and get their money...they could care a less about what happens. Don't get me started on their customer service either...oh and their mortgage company tries to swindle you into using their services by threatening to stop building your home...don’t fall for it...better yet don't buy Richmond...You just might end up regretting it like I do.

• Jc
                JCLM Jun 28, 2010

I totally agree with you. This Builder has shown us repeatedly that they have no ethics and conscience about taking advantage of the home buyer. My brother' s home is not yet 4 years old. It was over 4500 sq ft with a hefty price tag but no matter how much you paid for your home, this builder continues to rob you. From the sub-prime building materials they use, we had the sump dump croak out after the two year warranty mark and the AC unit with missing components working overload and breaking down after 3 years, to the unskilled laborers they hire to put up flawed drywalls and a leaking roof, to the outrageous price tags for options/upgrades you almost are forced to buy because their standard materials are soo poor. Unfortunately, we bought at the wrong time, in 2005, at the height of the housing bubble and we are now just regretting our choice of buying from RA. Please before you invest in a home that will take half your life paying off, make sure they are not liars, cheaters, and robbers like these guys. We will let everyone we know, what scammers they are and will never buy another RA home again.

• So
                Solomon Shiferaw Sep 17, 2020

I bought my home 2018 and the siding all over the house started to to come down when wind hits it, i have to get it fixed. they did a very poor job nailing the siding properly, looks to me they are trying to save mony on nails rather than building a good house.
                The worst home i would not recommend it at all

Richmond American Homes — Rip off!

I just want to forewarn any contractors considering working for Richmond American Homes. They play games with...

Richmond American Homes — No refund of deposit!

Letter to Attorney General: As a consumer from your state, I felt it was my responsibility to bring to your...