Menu

complaints

M@C Discount Complaints Summary

5 Resolved
6 Unresolved
Our verdict: Dealing with M@C Discount, which has an average resolution rate, requires some diligence. Research their service in depth and read a variety of customer reviews for a balanced view. Approach any customer service interactions with detailed and well-prepared queries to facilitate a better resolution process.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for M@C Discount has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of M@C Discount. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

M@C Discount complaints 11

Sort by:

Newest M@C Discount complaints

W
1:39 am EST

M@C Discount Waterfilter

Yesterday, picked up a $600 "open box" water filter. The filter was obviously used and abused with water stains throughout. Luckily, I purchased the "insurance" and got my bid money back, but the $10 insurance money was not reimbursed. Their site list products as "like new", "open box", and "damaged". I have purchased several items in the past as well without insurance listed as "open box" without insurance and was stuck with clearly damaged, unusable items that could not be repaired. The dictionary defines "open box" as "Pertaining to a product sold by merchants at a discount, because the item was returned but found not to be defective" I would like the better business bureau to require Macbid to inspect items and list them accordingly.

Claimed loss: $10

Desired outcome: I would like the better business bureau to require Macbid to inspect items and list them accordingly.

Confidential Information Hidden: This section contains confidential information visible to verified M@C Discount representatives only. If you are affiliated with M@C Discount, please claim your business to access these details.

1:30 pm EDT

M@C Discount Website: merch repetition within online shopping

The app / website shows multiple listings of the same item (more than 3, 4, 5 of each). This makes it extremely difficult to tell just how many of an item are ACTUALLY being offered in each auction.

It seems like there is a glitch in the coding so that items are repeatedly represented (unnecessarily) or that the items’ represented by repetition is meant to beef up inventory, making it look like there’s all the more items to bid on.

This makes shopping on your site quite frustrating because one has to keep track of too many items for sale and it created confusion about what’s been seemingly, bid on, and/ or available.

Yes, I know that sometimes there are more than one of an exact item being sold at the same time. This seems to be just gross misrepresentation.

Please make it STOP.

Claimed loss: My time.

Desired outcome: Show only one auction item for each particular item available.

D
4:07 pm EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

This is in reference to the Mac.bid. Also known as Mac discount. They have several stores in Western Pennsylvania. This particular store is located in Tarentum, PA at the Pittsburgh Mills location. This is a three hour round-trip for me and $65 in gas. I get there a pick up my Pet Patio Door. I retrieve my item with a matching barcode tag but it is NOT my...

Is M@C Discount legit?

Our verdict: M@C Discount earns high praise from Complaints Board, distinguished as a company with a robust reputation for trustworthiness and reliability. Despite the possibility of occasional service issues, M@C Discount's overall track record speaks to its legitimacy and reliability as a service provider. Engaging with M@C Discount can be done with confidence, though maintaining a level of caution.

M@C Discount earns 88% level of Trustworthiness

Excellent Trust Notice: M@C Discount near-perfect at 88% trust. Use with confidence, maintaining usual caution.

M@C Discount has received 5 positive reviews on our site. This is a good sign and indicates a safe and reliable experience for customers who choose to work with the company.

Mac.bid has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows M@C Discount website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Mac.bid has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

Mac.bid you are considering visiting, which is associated with M@C Discount, is very old. Longevity often suggests that a website has consistently provided valuable content, products, or services over the years and has maintained a stable user base and a sustained online presence. This could be an indication of a very positive reputation.

M@C Discount website is deemed to be popular and indicating that it receives a high volume of traffic. It is important to be cautious when using a highly trafficked website, as it may be a target for cybercriminals looking to exploit vulnerabilities or steal personal information.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• M@C Discount protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
  • We conducted a search on social media and found several negative reviews related to M@C Discount. These reviews may indicate issues with the company's products, services, or customer support. It is important to thoroughly research the company and its offerings before making any purchases to avoid any potential risks.
P
11:24 pm EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I purchased this item as an open box item. It should've been tagged under the damaged items. The whole mechanism where you add the attachments was pushed inside of the machine. I tried to reach in to try to pull it out and there was still a banana from the previous user. So disgusting! Does anyone even look at these items before posting them? I also wa...

J

M@C Discount Back on December 2 I went in to pick up my item I purchased

Back on December 2 I went in to pick up my item I purchased. I had just filed a fraudulent charge on my debit card 2 days prior and did not realize that my item wasn't paid for. When I went to pick up my item I assumed it was already paid for, the lady who scanned it said "no problem just go in the office to pay." When I got into the office the lady I spoke with said "you can pay now." As soon as I swiped my card I realized that was not the correct amount. I asked her why the amount was different and she stated "there is a $25 fee." I explained my situation a second time to her and she was very unprofessional about the situation. The lady in the office did not once mentioned the $25 fee before I paid. I did NOT pick up my item that day (December 2) but the company had marked it as picked up. So now I essentially did not get my item, and paid $25 more on top of that for an item I still don't have. I have been a customer since early 2020 when they were just starting to gain popularity. The people I have always spoken to about issues have always been very nice up until they started gaining more popularity. In addition, they have suspended my account for filing a chargeback so I am not even allowed to log in.

Read full review of M@C Discount and 3 comments

3 comments
S
S
S. Kihn
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I have experienced this issue multiple times with this company. I have also heard from many others they were also experiencing the same issues as I. I decided to leave the following review online as my personal opinion and to caution others who may be new to this company. I stand behind my review 100%. I believe they are taking advantage of consumers. My issue stems from their "Open Box" policy. To me, Open Box should mean the item could have a cosmetic defect or missing things like proper packaging and/or directions but the item could still be able to be used for its intended purpose. I believe this company takes their interpretation of this policy too far but repeatedly selling products as "Open Box" that are missing more than 50% of their pieces rendering the items completely useless and NOT noting "damaged" or "missing pieces" in the description. My Google Review: "This whole company has turned into a major scam from how it was when they first started. They literally just throw junk with half of everything missing into a box and sell it. When you get the item it is completely unusable and worthless. They used to be more understanding and return it. Now they just use the open box excuse. They don't even take the time to inspect the items anymore to make notes on the post that parts are missing. It's a total SCAM. Honestly, I don't think this company will stay in business long term." Only hours after leaving this review, I attempted to log onto my account to view the other items that I have already PAID for so I could pick them up today and be done with this company completely. I found that I was not able to access my account. I called their customer service number. The woman on the phone told me I was "deceived for leaving a bad review online." I explained to her that I had other items I still needed to pick up that I already paid for. She said I no longer could go get my items and she hinted that I might be refunded but I have no email explaining any of this.

E
E
E. Hammes
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I bought a boat inflatable tube from them as an "open box" item. When I brought I home and inflated, it had a small hole and would not hold air. I called customer service to return and they said I should have bought the insurance. I told them it should have been marked as "damaged" since a tube that doesn't hold air is useless. They claim I should have inspected item at warehouse. I feel they are using dishonest business practices, should not be going on in the US. So I payed $39 for a tube that doesn't hold air. They are negligent. Thanks.

R
R
R. Stark
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Bought a shower base with said open box so we knew it might have a scratch but this is unusable damage. And they don't give refunds on these items unless I pay for a fee. But this is damaged and un repairable because it will leak and cause water damage in the bathroom. Was not. Listed as damage or I would have not bought it. I would like a refund.

M@C Discount In Jan. 2022 I attempted to log into my account with no success

In Jan. 2022 I attempted to log into my account with no success. I then contacted the scarce customer support and after several emails I was told that my account was suspended for Facebook comments that I made in Aug. 2021. The comments that were made by me were about a $200 Treadmill that I bought in August with no indication of damage and when I picked the treadmill up after a 2 hour drive one way it was strapped down to a pallet facedown. When I returned home, unstrapped the treadmill and turned over it was completely smashed. I then contacted them and the person that responded to my Facebook message for customer service was very rude and basically told me too bad and that they try their best to mark items as damaged. I advised them that they failed and was told "TOO BAD". I then posted a comment on Facebook about my experience with a purchase and customer service. So when he told me my account was suspended and could be reinstated if I remove the comments and pay a $25 fee. I just find it crazy that my account was suspended after 5 months of me making to comments. I have purchased several items since then. I believe that this is [protected]@C's way to extort money from their customers who complain and I believe that this was wrong! I advised them that I will no remove my comments because they are true an I stand by them 100%!

Read full review of M@C Discount and 2 comments

2 comments
A. Dicki
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

This company is very shady! They charged me 65 dollars to hold items I've already purchased and then "abandoned" 2 of my items anyway to resell to someone else! They do not want to help you or see you get anything for good deal on fact it's quite the opposite. I'm actually going to file a lawsuit against them for fraud. Please get this company closed down! Times are tough for so many right now and we don't have funds to deal with shady thieves..

H
H
H. Feil
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I tried to pay for my auction item but there was an issue with their card processing system. I called my bank, all was fine with my card. I spoke with someone at the business who said to delete Mt card and add it again which I attempted but could not do because it wouldn't allow me to do so. The rep was rude, and offered no other assistance. I will never buy from them again.

I
M@C Discount has left an official reply on this complaint.

M@C Discount I purchased an item that was labeled "open box"

I purchased an item that was labeled "open box". I also understand that "open box" also means a piece may be missing. With that, I will continue. When I picked up the item, I opened the item and noticed that it was not complete. As for inspecting the item, the item was completely wrapped in plastic and bubble wrap which made it impossible to fully visibly inspect the item. I argued that this item should not have been labeled "open box", it should have been labeled partial as it only came with one piece of what looked like to be about 9 pieces. How can someone sell something and label it as an open box item when its literally one piece of numerous pieces, when they also have a "partial" and "damaged" option they display on numerous items. In theory, this thought process would allow this company to sell a full size Ford pickup truck as an open box item and then give you the oil filter and tell you that it does say its missing a piece. When I spoke to the manager, I was asked if I was a member and when I said no, he said "Tough luck bro". When I called customer service, they informed me that they can't do anything and the manager has final say. I've purchased a lot of items from this sight and understand the risks, but this particular transaction was absolutely misleading and could have been resolved but I was brushed aside and dismissed.

Read full review of M@C Discount and 2 comments

2 comments
B
B
B. Effertz
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I purchased 2 sets of recip saw blades via auction. When I bid on the items UPS shipping was available for a nominal fee. After I won the 2 items via auction they would no longer honor the shipping option. I sent an email and called the help line. I spoke to Matt and he said he needed to speak to a manager about the issue, when I asked if I could speak to the manager he said no. If I transfer you to the manager they will fire me. After a follow up phone call and me sending the email that states shipping was an option Matt sent me a text saying they will not ship the items and I could not get a refund. I am very disappointed in the lack of service by the management staff.

G. Koss
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Bid on a vacuum at the Boardman location that was NOT listed as damaged or broken. Took it home and it doesn't work at all, completely useless and a waste of money. Went to the warehouse and was basically informed there was nothing they could do and I'm SOL. So mac bid gets to keep all your money while KNOWINGLY selling you garbage. This company is run by greedy scammers who don't care about their customer base. All they want is MONEY. They will cover their butts with their TOS. So you know what the best solution to that is? DONT PURCHASE FROM MAC BID! Don't support this scamming company! The owner comes on here and responds by telling people to "not rant online" LOL. Isn't that what reviews are for? Are we not allowed to be angry that we essentially paid for broken merchandise without any possibility of getting our money back? Anyone who tells you to not be mad that you got scammed is someone you dont want to be doing business with. GREEDY, SCAMMERS! Don't support this greedy company!

M@C Discount Re: Auction held @ Pgh

Re: Auction held @ Pgh. Mills location ending Feb.14, 2022. There were several space heaters listed of various brands, types and quality. On Feb. 17 I picked up what I thought was a Lasko ceramic heater that I purchased for $19.37. It was packed (NOT ORIGINAL BOX) in a box large enough to hold 6 heaters. Upon getting it home I realized it was actually a TaoTronics lower end fan heater that had sold at that auction for $8. I figured a simple mistake by [protected]@c employees that could easily be rectified. After all this was my 8th purchase this year and I have been happy with my previous experiences and I thought that at the least I would get store credit. Nope. Turns out that without the huge box it came in they would not return it. I had my receipt and even a photo of their inventory that showed they were selling the heater they inadvertently gave me. No where are there signs posted that state you must have that yellow sticker for a return.It seems to me a better system would be to put that yellow inventory sticker on the actual item being sold. It was suggested by the Manager that there was a possibility that I was trying to scam them by driving all the way to Pgh. Mills and give them a working heater so that I could score a cool $19.37 for my troubles. Really? It strikes me as illogical that according to store policy that if I had had the box I could have put ANYTHING in it and returned it with no problem. I strongly feel that a Refund or Store credit is in order.

Read full review of M@C Discount and 1 comment

1 comment
K. Lang
, US

I purchased an air conditioner listed as 10,000 BTU, worth $530 with dimensions of 21.5" X 19" X 14.5". I got a 5,000 BTU unit worth $191, with dimension of 16" X 13" x 12". I purchased another air conditioner of 18,000 BTU listed as open box. The unit was physically damaged; parts inside rattled when picked up and when the unit was turned on, it wobbled so bad it almost fell off the table. I purchased a dehumidifier that, when turned on it, gave an error code and does not collect any water. These purchases cost me $450 for broken and deceptively advertised items. The discount place states they are not responsible for mismarked items. Mismarked items or deceptive advertising? This is a racquet.

Z

M@C Discount I purchased several item during April

I purchased several item during April. Two of these items were transfers from the Butler location. A few others were transfers from other locations. The items being transferred from Butler were not showing up, I received other transfers well after this purchase yet these items from Butler did not arrive. I emailed [protected]@cBid to inquire about them. I figured there was a glitch in the system or something got missed because they were not coming. I waited a few days and never received a response to my email. I filed a chargeback as [protected]@cBid would not respond and the items weren't coming. After I finally received the items I canceled the chargeback. Only to find out that [protected]@cBid has suspended my membership that I paid $29.99 for. When I called I was told that it would be cleared if I emailed them proof it was cancelled. I did and they still won't reinstate my membership, nor will they refund the membership that they cancelled. I know their reply to this will be something like: Our position is that if a bidder is so unhappy that they reach out to the credit card company and are willing to provide misleading details, that bidder will never be a happy customer. We like Happy Customers. We do suspend the account because this type of behavior is suspicious at best, and fraudulent at worst. It seems to be the best policy to just discontinue the business relationship rather than allow bidders to take merchandise without paying for it. I provided completely accurate information. This company will cancel your account and not refund your money and tell you it's your problem. The customer service is abysmal.

J
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

M@C Discount I have experienced this issue multiple times with this company

M
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

M@C Discount I won several auctions on December 3rd just like any other day and I emailed them in the morning of December 4th and asked them to process $

I won several auctions on December 3rd just like any other day and I emailed them in the morning of December 4th and asked them to process $198 of my invoice on one of my bank cards (I have three on filewith them) and informed them I would be paying the rest in cash which I have done on a couple other occasions when need be. Nowhere and their policy or on any of their pages have I seen that they do not accept cash it says they're preferred method of payment is by card, and I have paid by cash a couple other times as I said. And I have seen other customers pay by cash. Well the owner emailed me back at 2:03 p.m. and the email said they could not be splitting payments between cash and card and when I had the money all on one card to email them and let them know and they would proceed with payment, then at 2:18 p.m. they emailed me again and this email said that he processed two of my payments on the card I had asked him to process one and inform me of my remaining balance and stated that I could pay the balance by card which was their preferred payment or by cash in person. When I went to pick my items up I took a different credit card with me to pay the remaining balance since they did not prefer cash well there was only one employee that was capable of taking a payment I had all of my items loaded onto a dolly and they scan all of the items out before you leave well they could not scan my items out all of them because some of them weren't paid for and when I asked a particular employee if he could please take my payment when he got a minute so that the other employees could scan me out as I had already been there for quite a while standing around, this particular employee screamed across the whole Warehouse embarrassing me and said " oh come on now *** you are not freaking special" embarrassing me in front of all the other customers, it was very unprofessional was not necessary and I never got an apology. This employee's name is Thaddeus .. oh and I will add that you have the option of either standing in line when you arrive and wait for an employee to get your items or you can get a little dolly and go get your own items to make it faster when I first arrived I was standing near the line looking at my cell phone to see which items I needed to pick up so that I knew what direction to head in for my items, and this same employee which I see on a daily basis when I go into there establishment once again his name is Thaddeus was coming out with another customers cart of items seeing me standing there and looked at me and said you can go get your own *** Now just because I normally get my own items or maybe I wanted them to get them for me on this particular day but either way there was no reason for him to say that to me as a paying customer... It should not matter first of all how I'm paying my invoice if I have to pay it between multiple cards that should not be an issue as long as I'm paying my invoice like I have never missed a payment I had an abandoned item nothing my money is just scattered out between multiple bank cards and the owner says it's too much work for him to have to run multiple cards well I feel that is his job and if it is something he don't want to do then maybe he needs to add that in his description or policy that you can only have one type of payment on your account and definitely get some people that's not so rude to his paying customers.. thank you..

Read full review of M@C Discount and 4 comments
4 comments
concerned buyer!
Nov 04, 2023 5:36 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Used, dirty, non working, smelly, with defects and missing parts not open box items. All went to the trash. Over $100 scammed

Products are not open box neither inspected. No refund, BUYER BEWARE

ggoo
Pittsburgh, US
Jul 18, 2023 6:00 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I bought a tankless water heater. It quit working almost immediately and the manufacturer informed me that the unit had 6,000 hours. Maybe I should've known that they sell used/returned/non-functioning items. But this was wrapped and packaged like new. BEWARE! Never buy products that have no value as "used" items, like appliances etc.

T
T
Trever Mansfield
Jun 28, 2023 10:38 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I placed a bid for 1 dollar and won. I'm about to go pic up my item. It's in my town about 5 mins away from my home .. Super simple and super convenient! Highly recommend using M@C!

View 0 more photos
garbage collector
Wadsworth, US
May 20, 2023 8:31 pm EDT

What a waste garbage store.

Other peoples used junk.

do not waste your time.

Overview of M@C Discount customer experience

MAC Discount, also known as mac.bid, has received numerous customer complaints about their products and services. Customers reported issues such as late delivery, damaged items, and poor customer service. Some customers also claimed to have received counterfeit products from the website. The website has a history of canceling orders without explanation, leaving customers frustrated and disappointed. The lack of transparency and communication from the company has been a major concern for customers. MAC Discount's reputation for poor quality products and service raises red flags, and consumers should exercise caution when considering purchasing from this website.
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

M@C Discount contacts