Maxwaymanager

K Review updated:

I go to this store all of the time to get cheap stuff. When I go in there by myself (I am whit)the manager is nice and everything but when I take my kids in ther with me and they are black the manager follows me all through the store and has even asked to help me in an attitude. I work 2 jobs and would never take anything. Then I go in there today and buy stuff and I do not agree with the price and do not want it Norris(cashier) keeps ringing the items up even after I say I do not want them. Then she tells me I have to give my address and phone number to get a refund on the items I said I did not want from the start so I told her sure I will give you fake information being a single Mom I do not give my information out to anyone. Well she called this stupid manager and she was hateful and snubbed up her nose at my kids. I asked for my money and they kept saying wait until the drawer opens and then they wait on 4 other people opening the drawer each time but did not give me my money. I had to call the police to get them to give me back my money and then I was talking to my kids explaining why we was standing there waiting and she told me to shut up. My Mom does not tell me to shut up. When police got there the manager lied on me totally and said I gave them wrong name and everything and then I asked the officer if he would like to see my drivers license. It said exactly what I gave them. I told the officer how she does when my kids are with me and not and he said"We have had alot of problem out of her" and he does not doubt it one bit. I think she needs to be fored and I am telling everyone about her today and for the rest of this year if needed. Alot of my friends have a problem with her and as company owners you would do alot more business if you got a new manager and some cashiers.

• Rr
    [email protected] Feb 05, 2020

I visited the Maxway store in Tabor City NC, yesterday and was very shocked and disappointed. I have always shopped at Maxway because of the cheaper items you can get there and the atmosphere in the store and with the employees. After yesterday I may never go back into the store, and the lady that I was trying to help find someone to check her out said she would never go back in there. I was in the store at least 10 mins and there wasn't anyone to check no one out. Jason Etheridge is the manager and he walked up to the register and the lady asked which register was open and he pointed to the one she was at and then he walked away. Any manager, if the cashier isn't around to check a customer out would check that customer out. It is called customer service. My mother-in-law went and found the cashier at the back of the store and was telling her about the lady leaving and the cashier said, "well let her go somewhere else." That isn't very good customer service. Also when we were checking out a boy came in that his pants was half way down his butt and he is working there. I have never seen any of this going on in this store before and it was awful. I have applied with this store but wouldn't work at it if called under these circumstances. Just wanted to let you know how your store in Tabor City NC is being run now.