ADVERTISIMENT

Max Noveltypaint by number unethical behaviour

J

I placed an order on September 16th and still have not received my merchandise. It is now November 16th.
I sent an email to James Alderman and he gave me a packing slip number to track my shipment. The tracking number he gave me was bogus.
I get this message:
LW907840707CN
Not Found
China(China EMS)
Unknown
Item is not found at this moment, If necessary, please verify with the package sender and check back later.
I've been scammed

• Updated by Tammy English · Dec 18, 2017

When we'll i get my order it's been awhile

• Updated by Tammy English · Dec 19, 2017

Yes I order these paints still no order this was charged $ 99.06 on my visa November 24 it's been a month

• Je
    Jenya Sep 03, 2018

Yes, same here. Ordered something on their fancy looking website more than two months ago and never got the purchase. They blocked me on facebook and ignore my emails. Someone should block that shop as they are obviously swindling.

• Ky
    Kyliekelly Sep 02, 2018

I want a refund!! If I don't receive one, I will take this up with my credit card company which I have had the number changed now, thanks to you.

Anna Matveev Sep 02, 2018

I made an order two months ago (Sep 14th) and still didn't get my package.
    Tried to find out what happend to the package and saw it was stuck in China for the past two months. Asked for a refund but of course no answer.

• Aj
    Ajl420 Sep 01, 2018

I ordered a paint by numbers, t-shirt and the LED stuffed animal and have not received anything. That was in November of 2017. I have emailed and have not recieved anything back. I just want my money back. This website is a scam and whoever is running it needs to own up and give people their money back!!

• Ta
    Tammy English Sep 01, 2018

I was charged for $ 99.06 November 24 for two paint by numbers I would like my money back have not received anything on my visa it's marked max novelty www .doggromeri what is this.

• Mg
    Mgmc Sep 01, 2018

Reading reviews that this is a scam. I placed two orders. Still not received. Why are they allowed to have offers on Facebook? Why have they not been stopped?

• Ka
    Karen De Weerdt Aug 29, 2018

I had receive one but with all the wrong colors. I made a complaint and was told I would get a new one. Still waiting from januari.
    It was my first try and would like to order lots more but with all the troubles with only one painting, I think I would regret buying more.

• Br
    Brian1989 Feb 15, 2018

Gosh, I ordered, paid for and received my order of a paint by numbers item promptly within their 30-day time limit...

• Ow
    Owy Feb 01, 2018

Max novalty=scam

Comments

Jill Penc Jan 23, 2018

finally received my paint kit today January 23, 2018..took over 2 months though..

debraann3112 Jan 24, 2018

@Jill Penc I'm so happy for you. Now if only they would send me my order. I'm not going to hold my breathe.

• Mi
    Mila Petrova Jan 16, 2018

I got scammed too :( $120 I did two orders and got a refund email even though I didn't ask for one. No money back received of course and no items either. It's been more than a month now. And they don't reply even to my mails. Today I saw they've changed their email too. So disappointed. What can I do if I paid directly with credit card not PayPal? Thank you!

• Pa
    Patrice123 Jan 13, 2018

I placed my order in November and just received it! Everything looks good, a couple of wrinkles, but that was from me over-enthusiastically opening it! Paints were good and brushes decent ( I will use my own as always)
    I expected a long wait because of it coming from China...2 months is common.
    Just placed my second order. Hope it’s as good as the first!

• Ri
    riek87 Jan 12, 2018

I received a partial order on october 31st. I emailed them and they responded that they would sent me the missing piece. I am still waiting. I emailed them and they gave me a trackingnumber that shows that is has been deliverd to me on 31st october. I tried emailing again explaining that I only received a partial order. I havent had a reply yet

• Re
    Refund 11 Jan 10, 2018

They've reincarnated as wine and numbers paint by number

Denis St-Michel Jan 10, 2018

Hi to all, they are a scam.. dont buy from them, i have ordered on noember 24 and still havent receivec anything yet, I USE TO RECEIVE THIS AS A RESPONSE FROM THEM ; Hi, you can track your order above^^

it will arrive very soon.

Don't worry about it. All set! :)

Thanks for your business and understanding.
    Now they dont even bother replying . A real bunch of thieves. Hope they go to hell

• Me
    Merrillyn Morris Jan 10, 2018

After waiting approximately 6-8 weeks I finally got mine. It was all tightly rolled in bubble wrap and had wrinkles throughout. I finally got most of them out by using steam iron. I was excited to get started only to realize most of the paint pots were dried up! I tried to contact their customer support email only to find it doesn't open. They have no number to call. What a scam. I'm hoping I can at least get a refun from Pay Pal. This so called company needs to be closed down.

andra503 Jan 08, 2018

I placed an order and paid through PayPal. They didn't send me ANY of the items that I ordered and they told me that I did NOT need to return the WRONG items that they sent. This seller took my money, sent me the totally wrong thing (3 out of 7 and totally wrong), told me NOT to return it, said they would send my order and then never sent my order. I asked for a refund and now PayPal wants me to return something I didn't know I needed to keep. Why would I keep something I didn't want or order and was told not to return? and now if I don't return it PayPal wont refund ANY of my money. Are you kidding me?
    I have never had an issue before and have always been a solid customer. How is it that I am the one being penalized for this transaction?
    Do I have to file a dispute with my bank with PayPal?

Jill Penc Jan 05, 2018

I too placed an order 12/16/2017...payment cashed 12/18/2017 but no merchandise as of today 1/5/2018...emailed seller who has ..so far given me the run around..:(...will persue until I get satisfaction...

• Li
    Lilyssong Dec 29, 2017

I ordered two paintings on Nov 24 and today Dec 29, I have not received them. I have emailed the contact on a daily basis and get the same response with a stupid tracking number that is, as some have said, useless. I just want my stuff or a refund, how does one do this?

Jill Penc Jan 05, 2018

@Lilyssong I contacted my bank today to file a DISPUTE..I hope I am NOT charged for this...its sad that you have to check the reputation of a business BEFORE ordering...I am sooooo mad at myself but hopefully will see my money refunded...

• Sk
    skayf Dec 27, 2017

Add me to the slow boat from China. James Alderman answered my first email with the "tracking" info that shows the item is somewhere in China. Then, nothing. I have filed complaints with PayPal and my credit card company. He/They/Whoever sure seem like a scam operation.

• Em
    Emilia Tarasiewicz Dec 27, 2017

I'm their next victim. This is horrible and it makes me so angry!

Mary Sorbara Dec 11, 2017

I have ordered and had no problems. Sorry you all had trouble.

debraann3112 Dec 11, 2017

@Mary Sorbara I'm happy that there is someone that didn't get screwed over. Are you happy with your order? I've heard from others that have received their order that it was all wrinkled and they wanted to send theirs back. I hope your order was good for you. I just wonder why so many people haven't gotten theirs?

• El
    elle28 Dec 11, 2017

I've the same problem as all of you. I placed my order 80 day ago! I could have gone around the world and pick it up in china myself if I knew Im going to wait this long.

• Ro
    Roa3011 Dec 06, 2017

NOOOOOO ... i wish i read your comments before i placed my order. I have the same problem as all of you that it is been more than 35 days and i did not receive the shipment. Please advise what to do. ;(;(;(;(

• Ki
    kim00000 Dec 06, 2017

@Roa3011 Me too - 2 months after placing my order it still hasn't arrived. Same problem with the bogus tracking number, and James Alderman is not replying to my emails. I am now going to my credit card company to refund my money, and they will chase him for it.

• Be
    BeckyG07 Dec 07, 2017

@Roa3011 You can contact your credit card company or PayPal to get your money back. I also reported their Facebook page to Facebook and filed a scam report with the BBB. :)

Denise Long Dec 05, 2017

Wow, wish I had looked at this before placing my order! Seems to be a common thread between all of us.

• Be
    BeckyG07 Dec 05, 2017

I've had a similar problem. Placed an order on October 18th, and as of December 5th I have not received it. I emailed James Alderman after almost a month had passed and got a tracking number back. It shows my order "In transit" as of November 3rd, but no updates since then. I tried emailing again and never got a response. I'll be disputing this charge with my credit card company.

Angie Saunders Moore Nov 29, 2017

Ordered 2 mounted prints and received both approximately 31 days later. However, both items products had water damage and one was actually molding. I've sent 2 emails to James Alderman and one to Xiao Xu and cc'd James. So far no response after 2 days. At first I willing to take just a replacement, but now that I've still had no response and just discovered this complaints board I want a complete refund of $66. I tried to report a problem via PayPal and was only given an option to report fraudulent activity. I'm not really sure what to do at this point.

debraann3112 Nov 25, 2017

Same thing happened to me. I have been posting daily to their facebook page and now they have blocked me from posting. I think we all have been screwed. I don't even know if I believe that the positive posts are real. I'll check with PayPal. By the way I placed my order on September 26.

Ann Tann Dec 01, 2017

@debraann3112 They blocked me from Facebook too! I received the same emails as everyone else. I finally filed a claim (after 3 months) with PayPal and they ruled in my favor, so I got my money back!

Maya1111 Nov 23, 2017

Yeah I haven't been able to get my items either. I ordered mine on September 24th, and emailed them telling them I hadn't gotten my items on October 24th. THEN they shipped it. If I hadn't said anything, they wouldn't have shipped it.
    I still haven't gotten my package and it's been stuck in China since October 26th. I just filed a complaint on PayPal hopefully this "xiao xu" person answers me back.

Ann Tann Dec 01, 2017

@Maya1111 I filed a claim with PayPal and they ruled in my favor, so I got my money back!

Maya1111 Jan 07, 2018

@Ann Tann Thats awesome to hear! I actually got my money back the other day too! Hopefully more people will file claims so the account can be closed down for good.

SarahsDomain Nov 21, 2017

Yah, looks like I’ve been had too. Apparently this ‘company’ just had a nice little spree in the month of September and October. I ordered mine October 10 and have gone through the exact same routine as the others here.Same experience. Has anyone reported them to PayPal yet? I usually trust PayPal companies. Anyone successful in getting their money back?

Ann Tann Dec 01, 2017

@SarahsDomain Same here. I have been waiting since Sept 2017. I filed a claim with PayPal and they ruled in my favor, so I got my money back!

Mareeya Nov 21, 2017

I had the same experience with this company. Order placed last Sept 22 and it’s been over the 35 days maximum delivery schedule, alas, no delivery up to now. I have continuously followed up with James Alderman ([email protected]) and David Stanley ([email protected]) who are both the contact persons on the website and in the email sent after purchase. Same standard automatic reply. I was also given the tracking number in the same China shipping site but supposed items for shipping can’t be found. Max Novelty is a big time online scam!

• Gl
    Glenis Carroll Pope Nov 21, 2017

Beware this company is a rip-off! I placed an order with them 35 days ago and never received it. They send you a tracking number that is useless, says not found.since placing my order I have researched and found the same thing is happening to others that have ordered from them.

Comment Guidelines