Match.comprostitution?

I signed up and paid for Match.com while making connections online, I noticed three "women" in different towns in my area posted identical postings, right down to there tagline something like. where is my prince charming, I am waiting. they were posted at the same time. None of them filled out personal info, just there age and who they were seeking: men 30 to 60 . there is a button you can click if something looks fishy. so I click on all three, it was obviously ### postings. a couple days later, my account is blocked and " referred to corporate headquarters? they wouldn't tell me why I was blocked. but my sight and interactions were perfectly clean and within the rules of Match.com. the complaint notifications I sent are the only thing it could be. In the couple days before my ban, I noticed they did nothing on those women's posts the long and the short of it is Match doesn't want agitators, and supports prostitution on their websight if is brings in revenue. It is a seriously sketchy operation.

• Le
    Les445 Feb 04, 2016

Match.com is essentially a prostitution site now. Further Match has a perverse incentive to allow this to continue. As soon as I created a profile I was inundated with DOZENS of chat requests, winks, likes, etc... all from women half my age, in another state, and seeking men in some ridiculous age range such as 25-86. These are either scams or prostitutes.

Match allows this to continue because people who don't subscribe but create a profile can't see any info about the person contacting them until they pay. So some poor sap creates a profile, thinks he has a dozen "likes", pays his subscription only to find they are scam/prostitutes. It is absolutely rampant, I get approximately 20-30 of these a day flooding my email inbox with bogus "someone likes you" emails from match as well as cluttering up the webpages you are supposed to use for real matches.

Match.com is in the prostitution business now.

• 28
    28539jackie Nov 24, 2009

I worked for Match.com. They only shut down profiles which are under investigation for fruad or misuse, things to that nature. If you complained about the 3 profiles chances are, they complained about you, and therefore you were investigated just to be on the safe side. If everything was fine on your side, they would have activated your profile, and added time to your account. They do have to investigate complaints to be on the safe side. It's for everyones protection. It usually takes about a week to complete resolve things depending on their work load. Good luck!