Marriott Vacation Club Internationalmisleading north carolina residents and other states about the friendship program

R Oct 30, 2018

I have enjoyed all the Marriott products since 1989. The sales persons have always been great, except for Miami pulse team. However, with this current expansion, there seems to be some "misfits". My issue is with the Friend Share concept. Let me explain the deception about their referral program.

It has been explained to me that their program is the same for everyone, except in thre or four states. North Carolina is one of these states. It was explained to me that Marriott offers three types of awards for Friendship referrals: 100, 000 Marriott Rewards Points, 15, 000 Marriott Rewards Points, or $150 off Maintenance Fees. The problem is If one expects 100, 000 points, he will get 15, 000 points instead. Why—North Carolina states by law that only 15, 000 points are allowed.

Maybe there are some legalize clauses somewhere, but not obvious to the consumer. I had to make five phone calls during a two month period. The deception happens when an obvious expectation is not fulfilled. Marriot must notify clients in some way that there are exceptions to their referral program. Programmers should program an asterisk on the web so there is not doubt about possible exceptions. Hopefully Marriott will clean up the appearance of deceit in this matter.

RESOLVED

• Marriott Vacation Club International's response · Nov 01, 2018

Thank you for your feedback regarding the Friendshare Program. We are sorry to hear you did not receive the incentive you expected. Our team would be happy to speak with you about this and address your concerns. You may reach customer care at [protected] or by email at customer.[protected]@vacationclub.com. We look forward to hearing from you.