[Resolved] Maple Call Inc.unknown company billing

E Feb 01, 2019

On january 31, 2019 I received a bill from a strange company: maple call inc. For long distance calls. I have been a client of necc telecom for a number of years. I have always received email notifications about the due bill. Recently there was none so in the beginning of january (probably) I checked on line (it was still possible) and had $0.00 balance. Then an invoice from a company that doesn't have a website/ address. There was no notice from the necc, no letter from that maple call inc. As other customers of necc, I couldn't get through the long lineup when calling their customer service. Today there is a message "calling is temporarily unavailable". I am not going to pay for "other fees" that I have never agreed to; there were no other charges with necc. The invoice date is jan. 9 and I just got it : jan. 31. Due date: feb. 2! What kind of a company does this? I will be writing to that po box address to immediately close my account, however, I do not want to pay for extra charges and any late fees.

RESOLVED

• Md
    M Dim Feb 02, 2019

I have the same issue. I called on the provided 18779747494 today, Saturday Feb.2, and no one responded. The automatic answer was that the call centre is closed.
    I also don't want to pay any extra fees/charges

Mar Kot Feb 03, 2019

@M Dim Canadian fraud report center :

• Maple Call Inc. Feb 05, 2019

@M Dim Dear valuable customer!
    Please provide us with your contact phone number and your customer ID and we will contact you back. You may also write us directly at [email protected] and our team of experts will assist you with all questions and concerns.
    Maple Telecom customer care team

John Partheniou B Feb 20, 2019

@Maple Call Inc. l am in the same predicament,
    l refuse to pay your bill until you call me to renegotiate charges and fees and adjust your bill as l did with pulse telecom.
    You were never authorized or l discussed with you this change of server.
    This l find unethical and need to be addressed immediately.
    Best number to get me is my mobile: 1-905-708-9393.
    By signing up to send you this comment does not authorize you to be my long distance carrier yet.

Mamaye Feb 02, 2019

Hello
    I have the same issue. I called the Necc by Jan 31/ 19 why I do not get my bill by e-mail as usual. I got my bill by mail from Maple Call Inc by Feb 01/19 Due Feb 02/19 I tried to call toll free number the machine say same thing I do not even understand what do I have to do I need help they charge $15 dollar other fees I never paid before I was long time customer. my email [email protected]

• Ai
    aidan1978 Feb 02, 2019

In the same boat. Does anyone know of a lawyer who will take on a class action suit? This is shady and needs to stop. I had automated payments set up through NECC Telecom and never agreed to any terms with Maple Call inc. I will also be writing them a cease and desist letter also asking for any report or signature that i have signed with them- calling my local police now as well to file a report

Mar Kot Feb 03, 2019

9:00 am - 4:45 pm
    Eastern Time

• Me
    Mehdi Tahami Feb 03, 2019

I got the same problem as somebody mentioned above. I stopped my contract with NECC but I got an invoice for $9.02

• Gi
    GiselleOli Feb 04, 2019

Same for me, I received a bill from Maple Call Inc when I was previously using NECC. I tried to log in with NECC and the site is not found. I have no explanation of what happened to NECC and this new company never emailed me advising they were taking over. Now I have other charges and surcharges that I don't know where it's coming from.

• Mi
    Michaela Savulov Feb 07, 2019

Same for me, I finally got an email from them the other day to welcome me as a new customer, and then today, Feb 6th, when I asked about the statement (as I haven't received any statement for January), they sent it to me by email within minutes (wow), and I was stunned to see that the due date was Feb 2. Also, I've got charged some Other Fees of $10.97 besides the international calls of $4.99, which btw they are not listed with the dates and times, it's just a charge of $4.99, hmmmm... Anyways, I tried to add the payee to my Simplii online banking, so I can pay, but it says: "No companies can be found that match your input. Please check your bill company name and re-enter". It couldn't find it no matter I tried: Maple, Maple Call, Maple Call Inc, MapleCall. And there isn't any payment info neither on the bill, nor on the website.

Mary Lopata Feb 16, 2019

Received a bill from them on Feb.14 and it was due on Feb. 14. Top right hand corner said "no payment required". Have no idea who they are, used Pulse Telecom for years. Charged 10.98 "other fees". Have been unsuccessful in trying to talk to someone. Called Pulse Telecom - message says company no longer exists. Maple message says they are overwhelmed with calls and no chance to leave a message. No email address, couldn't find a website. No explanation, just an invoice. What kind of business is that?

Mary Lopata Feb 16, 2019

Checked Better Business Bureau and they also have not received a response from Maple Call Inc.
    Business Alert
    In February 2019 BBB received an influx of complaints and inquiries regarding this business.
    Consumers have advised they received an invoice from the company but do not recall entering into a contract with them for services. Many have attempted to contact Maple Call Inc for assistance, however when faced with extensive wait times, the consumers ended the call without speaking to a representative.
    BBB contacted the business on February 4 2019 regarding the quantity of inquiries received and requested they work to resolve the underlying reasons for the complaints.
    We are currently waiting on a response.

John Partheniou B Feb 20, 2019

You were never authorized or l discussed with you this change of server.
    This l find unethical and need to be addressed immediately.
    Best number to get me is my mobile: 1-905-708-9393.

• Va
    Valery Shaevitch Mar 05, 2019

Same thing here. Never signed with Maple Call. We need to go to on a class action suit, I believe. my invoice # 89048416. $64.86.

• Va
    Valery Shaevitch Mar 05, 2019

@Valery Shaevitch Reported to http://www.antifraudcentre-centreantifraude.ca/reportincident-signalerincident/index-eng.htm

• Al
    Alexei60 Mar 05, 2019

@Valery Shaevitch It seems they act like robots. I sent them a cease and desist letter, filed complaints with CRTC and Anti-fraud centre, and yet they dared to send me a second invoice a month after. Naturally, they are not getting anything from me. I have not used ANY long distant services of this kind for the last 2 years.

• Le
    Lech Nowicki Mar 13, 2019

I have same problem, they send me 2 invoices with Other Fees much bigger then my long distance calling time and double price per minute to my destination.
    I was able to contact them on live chat and lower prices to much previous provider (NECC) but recovery fee still is charge, $4.99. They even charge for uncomplicated calls.
    I'm not paying anything till they contact with Me.
    MAPLECALL, PLEASE CONTACT WITH ME BY PHONE...(I WILL tell you what I think of you!!)

• Al
    Alexei60 Mar 13, 2019

Maple Call responded to my message (request to forget about me) on their meager web site saying that they removed my account. We'll see early next month if that was true.

• Mo
    Mohcine Chaouni Mar 14, 2019

Same thing with me. I received the second invoice from Maple Call Inc. I'm a previous customer of NECC. Call them today and there is a message saying they're out of business. Called Maple Call Inc. and couldn't speak to anyone. The message says due to high volume of calls please call later or another day.
    I received no notification from either companies saying NECC is out of business and Maple Call inc. is taking over. So I will not pay a cent to Maple Call Inc. as they have no authorization to communicate with me of invoice me.

• Pa
    Papuga Mar 16, 2019

Well - it is even worse for me. I paid my bill to MapleCall at my bank in February (and have a proof of it), yet they send me a bill indicating that I still have an outstanding balance. They can not be reached via phone (the message states: "due to large volume of calls and long waiting period, please calls us back at another time." I am yet to reach a person at this c/o. I guess I will have to do same as someone already suggested - write to them and include a copy of paid invoice.

• Ha
    har22 Jun 14, 2019

Hello,
    I have a same issue with Maple call they keep sending me invoices as i never used their services i use to use NECC, infact they took my credit card information from NECC i have cancel my card.Every month invoice comes to my place and they keep adding the fees.($ 15) When i called them they said i have to pay but i never use it !!! not only that the person on phone started laughing when i told i am not using maple call. I do not need any invoice more now it's very annoying.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices