Malaysia Airlinespoor customer service of ground check-in crew @ london heathrow

K Dec 11, 2019 Review updated:

Poor customer service of ground check-in crew @ london Heathrow.
Customer: Ling yee Lee
Flight details: MH0001
LHR to KUL .
Seat: 28G
Departure 2125
Date: 5th Dec 2019.

I would like to complain about poor customer service at London Heathrow.

I brought 3 luggages, weigh them at home, below 25kg, however, when i weight in the airport:
1 big bag, prepared to check in, weighed at 28kg.
1 small bag 16kg, i am prepared to ask my friend to send back to home in london.
1 small back pack with pc bag in there - they wont allow me to check in, despite the weigh is less than 7kg and the it's not bulky and can fit in the cabin allowance.

The cabin crew were rude and unfriendly, they didn't represent the MAlaysia airlines that are warm and smiley. They sounded as if we are criminals for carrying extra luggage.
The extra charge, i ask how much, that crew have no idea. She only asked me to repack. After repacking, the big bag is 28kg, i requested to check in and to be given the boarding pass. However, the manager (Sophie) & the crew (With her braces on) insisted of weighing my check in luggage, and at barely 8kg they refuse to pass me the boarding pass, despite me assuring that i will reduce the weight and sort out the other extra baggage( either sending it back home in London or via freight).

I have abide to below 30k, and I have the3 right to get my boarding pass, but they withhold it against the policy.
After i sorted out everything and rushed back to check in counter, it was almost closed . Despite me arriving 2.5hrs before flight time, the whole ordeal took a long 1 hr, and almost make me miss my flight.
I saw some of the customers boarding the same flight, carrying 3 full luggages, and i really wonder if they are not more than 7kg.

I would like to complain about the poor, unfriendly ground crew that really poorly represent the image of MAS that i once proud of. I would like to complain about the unfairness of your staff treatment.

I would like to ask for full refund of the fare that i paid for that trip. Or to investigate the whole ordeal .

• G
      Dec 12, 2019

If your luggage is overweight, it is either you pay for the extra weight or reduce the weight. It is as SIMPLE as that. Anything other than that the airline has all the right to deny the passenger.