Lycamobilebad customer service

O Review updated:

I wish to lodge complain about my charges during the time i was in paris on the 7th to 11th of may 2010. I feel so cheated about this. I called the customer service about the first over charging and he told me the amount will be refunded, all to get back to london today and i was told that charges for roaming is 2. 18pounds per minute, i cant believe this. This is not my first time of going on roaming the normal charges is always 37p to call and 17p receive. I cant in my wildest dream think that i will be paying 2. 18pound per minute within europe without the any proper information. Even, t - mobile and other network subscribe to. I used to be a fan of lyca mobile and you can check it through my account but now i feel so cheated and i feel i have been miss led. Anyway my complaint ref number is 2227969 and my number is [protected]. Hearing from you will do me a lot of good and i really wish to take this compliant further

• K
      Apr 14, 2010

I agree with Chris

Lyca mobile customer care is the worst i have seen !!!

Guys please dont go with lyca mobile.. they are fraud !!

I lost my money with lyca mobile top up!

************

• I
      May 16, 2010

mobile num [protected]

dear sir madam

please could you check what going on about my statment i requested i sent 15 pound postal order and the customer care line told me to send payment then there will send me 6 month statement what i requested if you could look in to this and give me a call on [protected]. thankyou for your attension

rgds taz

[protected]@hotmail.co.uk

May 26, 2010

I've never had any problems with Lycamobile?? Customer services are average but the promotions are really good...

• D
      Jun 08, 2010

lycamobile warning is a fraud the gov need to do something about it is a mafia fraud fraud fraud fraud lycamobile
    lycamobile fraudsters

lycamobile fraudesters ...warning...lycamobile...fraudesters

lycamobile...warning ...dont do any ...busuness ...fraudesters

• D
      Jun 08, 2010

lycamobile fraudesters warning...warning

gov need to do something about it soon please help this country to be robed from them theft or need to be reported to bbc road traders lycacrap lycacrap

Aug 04, 2010

LYCAMOBILE MAKES IT EXTREMELY DIFFICULT TO PORT OUT OF THEIR NETWORK!!

Lycamobile focuses on how to get your business but then they will sabotage every one of your attempts to leave their network and port your number to another carrier.

First of all, their customer service number gets routed to India where apathetic representatives are quick to give you a rude response. Secondly, they've conveniently (for them) refused to establish contracts with other major networks so you can NOT port your number to O2, Vodafone, 3, or T-Mobile. And lastly, their porting team often sends incomplete messages/codes to your new network so you'll suffer with split service where you can make outgoing calls on your new network, but still get incoming service on Lycamobile. This is due to incompetent staff and/or unethical business practice of not cooperating with customers' ports.

**Service representatives from multiple networks have confirmed that they have the most problems with ports from Lycamobile.**

AVOID LYCAMOBILE AT ALL COSTS!!

• G
      Aug 15, 2010

Has any one used lycamobile online topup? I did a few months ago and the debited my card but never credited my phone with the amount. Despite several phone calls and emails they have refused to credit my phone. Everyone in the customer service seems to be foreign and no matter how many times you call the UK number they don't pick up.

If anyone else had stolen from my debit card, the police will be on their tails, why can't that be the case with Lycamobile... if you have had a bad experience with Lycamobile please say so that the Office of Fair Trading will do something about them!!!

Dec 10, 2010

I am on a Business trip & I had used Lycamobile sim & uploaded 10 pounds on it & found out that the sim is faulty. The old number was [protected]. Then I was told that you get a new sim & your balance will be transferred to the new number [protected]. Its been more than 10 days now & still am facing lot of problems. Now they have transferred the balance but sim is blocked & I am not able to make any calls bcoz of their technical problems. very poor poor service. Customer service desk is also pathetic... I have received multiple reference nos. - 3098918, 3127235 & 3131989 but still my problem is not solved. I am pissed off big time with lyca mobile & would not recommend anyone to go with them. I have left my alternative number i.e. [protected] but still nobody has contacted me to solve my problem. Lycamobile is just a definate NO NO & I will not recommend anyone to buy it.

Dec 15, 2010

I bought a lyca sim after arriving in Holland 2 weeks ago. After trying to send messages to my boyfriend in the UK I realised they were not working. I called Lyca and they said the problem would be fixed in 2 days. After 2 days it still didnt work so I called back. After being told to try again i did and still nothing. I then rang back and they told me it was not working because I had no credit, after being told the previous day my wasted credit would be refunded. They refused to refund and said their technical team had called my boyfriend and he had confirmed he recieved the messages. I was then spoken over the top of and ordered to buy credit, then promptly hung up on. I rang my boyfriend and he said he had spoken to them and told them he never recieved a thing. I tried to tell them this and they just said "well that's a contradiction isn't it" as if I was lying. Every time I called these people I was told I would be called in an hour and they never returned my call. I wasn't spoken over the top of, lied to, yelled at, hung up on multiple times and most of all ripped off! This is the most apalling customer service I have ever received in my life. I can't beleive they have the hide to call it that. After speaking to them the last time they said they would bar my number if I called again.
    Never EVER go with lyca unless you like being treated like dirt and getting your money stolen.

• P
      Dec 22, 2010

Ok I truely understand as even I feel that lyca is is the most [censored] network but may I tell you that I have gobne through all the comments posted up there the company must be a theif and people out there are told exactly they are told from UK to India, people up there and now a days people just want to insult custopmer service advisors back out there in another country which they dont kbnow jackshit about whats going on in London .i have done my researched andcome across that UK telephone companies like orange, Three, Vodafone and T-mobile have their support team in India (after 08pm)
    Before accusing the customer service why cant youll accuse the copmpany and company owners as they are ripping you off and exploiting people out there at low wages. imagine you get frusted when your one call do not go through and people out there have to deal with customers like you who need help because ogf the poor and the cheap companies you have opted .The company has to to look after the customer and for that reason proper training has to be done till now not even one UK representative has helped me out I had trouble with my broadband I called up Bt several times and UK customer service didnt do anything for me, finally onefineday the call was diverted to Manglore, India and the representative out trouble shooted for an hour and finally he gave me a follow up cal the next day adn I was sorted, I wanted to apppreciate that representative for that reason I called up BT again which go connected in UK and asked that I want to put an appreciation mail through BT and they accepted my request but later some how I came to know that the indivisual sittting overseas who has solved me the issue at 02:00am in the morning never got any aprreciation call or email from BT.uk

Its high time stop cribbing about the service which you dont get and easily blame it on the poor advisors the culprits are of UK and IN uk if thats the case blame the people out here!!!

Simple advice : )

• N
      Jan 27, 2011

I purchased a lyca mobile prepaid card and am using it for last 3 days..what I realized sudden is I dont have much left on my account and when I checked with friends, I came to know that my phone is on roaming. I am in DenBosch and the only network I can connect to is Vodaphone, I dont get Lyca in the available networks. Is it not available, do I have to keep paying for roaming charges in NL, the card was purchased at schiphol airport and number starts with 6855 so is very well a NL number and should not charge me roaming rates...or should I throw this card and but another service provider?

Mar 15, 2011

Lycamobile is service provider which piggy backs on the major networks like Voda etc. So you need to select right network it will be fine, charges in local are reasonable and roaming rates are fair enough when compared to other providers. I called Customer services and my concerns were clarified

Mar 15, 2011

I am unable to connect to the network from today morning. Custumer care centre is very bad and they are disconnecting in the middle of call when I am asking specific questions. Is my sim blocked or are all lyca mobile networks are like this.

Mar 21, 2011

I have had good customer service with lyca, ported my number from lebara to lyca. Didnt have any issues & web connection is resonable with 10mb free a day..

• F
      Apr 07, 2011

I TOTALLY AGREE NOW BOMBARD THEM ON THIS NUMBER AFTER YOU DIAL IT PRESS 0 / [protected] THIS WAS THE NUMBER that i got for the uk call centre in india they dont have a clue

• N
      Apr 14, 2011

i worked on behalf of lycamobile doing promotions for the offer they hve out at the moment. i wasnt trained or told anything about the offer. i worked for 4 weeks and they are now refusing to pay me. i am owed nearly 2000 dollars. i dont know what to do. i dont know where to go and look for help on this. someone please help me

• B
      Apr 27, 2011

I am a lyca mobile customer for 4 years now. lyca mobile is probably the best international calling simcard that i know, especially if the person you are calling abroad has got lycamobile as well that turns out really cheap. i really like theire offers and also the customer service is not bad if you have a enquiry they will help you out in a polite way, just be clear what your problem is and they will sort it out for you its just not advisable to use your e.g. uk lyca sim in another country, just buy a lyca simcard in that country. you will see that this is more beneficial for you. People that do say bad things about them are probably from lebara mobile or another company that competes.
    Regards
    B.

• F
      Apr 27, 2011

complete crap what your saying

May 08, 2011

Before calling the customer care first know what is the issue. Whether the issue is from your side or with the sim card. Tell them the problem clearly then the issue would be taken care.

May 10, 2011

lyca mobile is a liar! it hires more than 350 persons, including students and backpackers, ask them to promote their SIM card in all woolworths and safeways. But pay nothing!~! they already do these many times in Melbourne and Brisbane! Many tourists and packbackers can not get money due to the visa expire date.

May 17, 2011

I got my Optus number ported to Lyca. Now I can make phone calls but cannot receive any calls or any messages. I rang customer service many times and they keep saying sorry and that the problem will be fixed in 24 hours but never done. Their Indian accent is terrible, I hardly to understand them and then they often cut you off when you ask some specific questions. I am going to make the complaint to Fair Trading or Customer consumer affairs.
    They are terrible! be aware of them!

Jun 14, 2011

I can call my family whenever I need beacuase lycamobile is cheap and the network is good. I never had problem with the charges or offers as I visit their website often and i call up the customer service for the offers update, they render good service. I Never had any issues for online topup. Once i had difficulties toping online called the customer service and they assisted me in toping up my lyca number

Jun 20, 2011

I would like to say that i never had problem with their customer service. For any issue i call them and get my doubts cleared. I have my own Lycamobile account to top up online. We can get our free sim now by filling in our details on the Lycamobile website or can call the customer service on the same and they will post one to us straight away. I am happy with their offers. Finally i would like to say that i would recommend Lycamobile to my friends as this is cheap and i get a good service.

• V
      Jun 22, 2011

I ported my number to lyca due to the issue that i faced with my previous services provider, now i have no problem with lyca. Am happy with their service and i get pretty good minutes. The network is good.

Jun 29, 2011

I have received the service I had expected from lyca, am certainly sure most of you who have commented here have used other service providers as well. Have been with most of the operators and have finally settled with lyca as their call rates are cheap and connectivity is good, yes naturally I did have problems on couple of occasions where i emailed their helpdesk and did get a response quite soon. Am one among the glad customers!!!...Will recommend

• Y
      Jul 17, 2011

I got my number ported in within the turn around time given by the customer service. I really like to appreciate the services given to the customers. Thanks lyca!

Jul 21, 2011

I have gone through their service, lyca is pretty good and their customer service is pretty helpful. Must agree that i have received the service i had expected from lyca. I had been with most of the operators and now finally settled with lyca as their call rates are cheap and network is good, naturally I did have problems on couple of occasions, i emailed their helpdesk and did get a response quite soon. Am happy with their service!!

• J
      Jul 26, 2011

I am a lycamobile user, as far as now Lyca has been gud for me, they have a good customer service. They provide us the best service, network is good. Am happy with their Free Lyca to Lyca call and txt Service.

• V
      Aug 09, 2011

Lyca provides good offers, especially the free internet services is working good. They have a good customer service and they provide us good network too.

• M
      Aug 12, 2011

Lycamobile service stands for their quality, the network connections are good. Its been couple of months since i have taken their service. Am really happy with lyca

Oct 25, 2011

Can someone suggest me that How can I make official complaint against LycaMobile ?

• G
      Nov 11, 2011

I don't know what their customer service is like. I have never succeeded in getting through. I tried to top up online but the transaction failed and I was advised to phone Customer Services. 30 minutes of waiting is too much time out of my life when I am attempting to give them money. Pity. The coverage from Orange was good and the charges were less of a rip-off than other telecom companies' offerings.

• 3
      Nov 25, 2011

unbelievably stupid customer services.

it took them 1 week to transfer my number
    can not top up online
    can not setup Internet
    and not call activities disappeared because they scammed me by sending me BC messages to set up my Internet and deducting money

be careful guys I'm moving away from them

Jun 19, 2012

bad customer care.
    pathetic network.
    and equally bad browsing.

• E
      Oct 07, 2012

I have a few complaints with Lycamobile that i am not happy with at the moment:

* Bad customer Service
    * Line Drop Outs
    * Noisy Background Noise
    * $50 Aus Runs Out in 2 days
    * Promise To Call Back And Never Did
    * Lost a client due to line drop out problems

REMEMBER cheap price is not necessarily good service

My recommendations are to look at the reviews carefully and make your own decisions.

• Y
      Nov 14, 2012

I topped up lyca mobile £5 on my Touch 4g phone for 30 days mobile internet, This didn't work on my phone after several attempt from the India call center, i requested back for my £5 as I am not getting the service requested, Its been 27 days now and I have not gotten my refund back, I have spoken to several advisors in the India call center ( some are rude), got different reference numbers, still nothing has been done
    Please be careful when you are getting the mobile internet from lyca, I believe it is fraud (FRAUD! FRAUD!! FRAUD!!!)

Dec 04, 2012

Tried online topup, failed 3 times.
    Rang customer service but was told the problem is with the my bank.
    I contacted my bank, they looked up their transaction records and there was no rejection of any problem.
    The problem is with LYCA mobile.
    It's now 1 week, the same online topup failed again. Can't get thru to Customer Service !
    Looks like a crap service provider.
    Lyca just lost another customer. Not worth the bother.

• J
      Jun 15, 2013

lycamobie is cheating, they try to steal your money secretly. They drop the line while it is ringing and then charge you $0.30 each time. I attempted to call overseas last Saturday for 5 times but the line was kept on dropping for 5 times and I found on my account 5 x $0.30 were being taken. It was not fair that I did not even have a chance to talk on the phone but need to pay $1.50. Today same thing happened again and I am fed up with this. I willl spread out to everyone not to go for lycamobile anynmore.

Jul 27, 2013

I work as customer advisor in Lycamobile. As worker, it is impossible to work here. It's a new kind of slavery, we are taking more than 100 calls everyday, between call and call we have 3 seconds. We have 1 unpaid hour break and we have only 10 minutes for using the toilet. The working place is dirty, we have to clean our own desk...That is horrible. I don't understand how it is possible this company works knowing that they are ripping the customer off, at least in the line I am working for. Please stop using lycamobile.

• R
      Aug 11, 2013

I am feeling cheated with lycamobile services...they clarify their bundles. I lost 70 pounds in 20 days..I keep toping up and they keep looting me.their system does gives the clear balance details for data and voice call plans. Ussd just give - minus sign.please reach ne at [protected].thank you.