Luminess Air, Lppurposeful overcharge of my account & lack of professional integrity

Recently I too purchased the so-called "revolutionary Luminess Air Makeup system." I must say, I was not the least bit impressed with the product, nor the price. Here's why, I found that these products were not formulated for the various African American shades as seen on TV. It was a complete waste of time and money, reason being that of the 6 vials of makeup received, I could only use one (Matte #8) since I am a caramel complexion. In addition, I also received a pearl shimmer, a pink blush, and a bronzer that I could not use on my skin. When I relayed this information to Selena in customer service and Joel the customer service supervisor, I was told that I should use the products "in my hair!!!" (lol) That is totally unprofessional & absurd-if not just completely ###ic! The most upsetting part of my experience with this company is that I was promise that my card would be charged $29.99 as a 30 day trial fee, plus $17.50 shipping & handling (which is non-refundable). However, what these immoral, unethical, scandalous scam artists do not tell you is that they initially charge your credit card the full amount of $248.87. If that is not enough, when I called the company to inform them of this charge, I was informed that "our automated system may have thought you wanted to pay in full before your 30 day free trial completed, so instead of billing you $49.99 in four installments, it just charged you one time, but that saves you money." What? Needless to say, after only having the system a day I requested a Return Authorization (RA) number and am sending the system back via FED EXPRESS (PROOF OF DELIVERY OF COURSE). I have learned to get a Tracking number when dealing with a greedy organization that lacks integrity( as this company) -this is the safest thing to do for legal purposes. In addition to this, I filed a formal complaint against Luminess Air, LP with the Better Business Bureau because I do not feel that this Foreigner- owned company should profit by misleading hard working Americans. Obviously this company can not be trusted. You know the saying, " If you can't trust the messenger, then do not believe their message! DO NOT BE DUPED!!!

RESOLVED

• Luminess Air's response · May 23, 2012

Please know that you can always reach our amazing customer service department M-F 8:30-5:30 CST at [protected] or by email at [email protected] as we are always here to help our amazing customers. Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.
    Sincerely,
    Luminess Air

• Luminess Air's response · Dec 06, 2012

We encourage you to enable your JAVA script while viewing our website for optimal results. Please visit our website at http://www.luminessair.com/ra/OnLineRA/enter_order_info.aspx to retrieve an RA# or you can give us a call at [protected] M-F 8:30-5:30 CST and we will gladly assist you if you are having technical difficulties. Looking forward to assisting you!
    Sincerely,
    Luminess Air

• Va
    Vanessa Gwinn Mar 12, 2016

I had wanted to try this product for years thinking with my sensitive skin, this would be a great find. WRONG! This makeup breaks me out just a couple of hours after putting it on! Called customer service and was told they would send out a matte finish makeup that should correct the issue. Well, it looks the same but in a different color line. I told the rep not to send any more makeup until I saw if the "New" makeup would help. The next thing I know, a new charge shows up on my bank account. Find out additional makeup had been sent! When it arrived, it wasn't colors even close to what I had already received! Don't know who they belong too but it won't match my skin. Now, I can't get the return site to give me a number. Keeps telling me the items aren't eligible for return! What the crap!

Mary Chamberlain Dec 05, 2012

I have been trying for a week to talk to someone on the phone or internet, no such thing, finally got someone to write me back and she gave a me a website to go to to get my RA #, the website is not working to get the #. and I get on the address she gave me, it does NOT give me a RA#. this is the biggest mess I have ever had to deal with. and yeah the ph operater sure knows how to talk you into stuff too. I was NOT aware that $75.22 would be immediately charged to my cc either, they DID NOT TELL ME THAT. I called my order in and have kept all of my letters and recorded conversation, and I want my RA# SO i CAN RETURN IT AND i WILL GET ON THIS INTERNET AND TELL EVERYONE WHAT A SCAM THIS COMPANY IS IF i DON`T GET MY PROBLEM FIXED. I want credit refunded back to my cc and I DO NOT WANT ANYMORE put back on my cc. I do`nt like the product and I am a professional, and am used to using products like this, and this does NOT work good, for all the HASSLE I have had to go through. I know you all are trying to let my trial time run out. Then I really will be p, off.

• Bo
    bonita blessing Feb 16, 2012

I too purchased this luminess air system and am getting the run around to get that RA number to return because the system and especially RA number soon cause my 30 days are almost up and I paid in full. So unhappy but especially see something funny about this company. Bonita Blessing

• Ca
    Caroline Sca Feb 12, 2012

I'm A Master Cosmetologist (its just another name for tax em) Anyhow, Most Reputable Distributors Give Stylists A Price Break On Equipment, Product etc. I Even Purchase Pharmaceutical Grade Glycolic Skin Care With My License. Its Part Of The Gig. Everyone Breaks Even..I Want To Purchase It For My Mother. Shes In Love With It..FYI..Calling Around To Your Local Sally's Beauty Supply For A Typical Airbrush Machine For Nails..No Airbrush Machine Uses Oil Based Anything Really. It Would Clog The Nozzel..That's Why The Nail Tech Lets It Dry And Tells You Not To Wash Your Hands Until She Puts The Clear Coat On. Its Water Based Paint Too.The Tiny Air Brushes Are Almost Indestructible Unless You Run It Over With A Mack Truck or Something. Although, Easy Handling The Needle At The Tail End...Now, You Will Have To Pay Separate For The Air Compressor And Make Sure Its Not The Kind Rednecks Use At The Hunt Camp. They Are Too Loud.. That's The Catch..Its A Mini 2 Way Compressor That Has Been Modified. Airbrush Has Been Around Since The Late 40's I Believe., I Research Every Last Detail Before I Make a High End Purchse For So Much(sounds fishy). The Best Part About The Info I'm GIVING AWAY, Is That If You Buy Locally ? Get A Receipt And Ask Questions. Lots Of Questions. If They, "Don't Really Know" Take Charge And Ask To See And Handle The Product./ Machine.Most High End Makeup Products Are Oil free, Talc Free, etc...I Mean Really? Its Not Like Your Face Is Going To Melt Off If You Experiment..Especially With Your Girls For Fun Time..If You Don't Like That One ? Take It Back For A Full Refund, Locally..I Personally, As A Professional Stylist, Educator For A Well Known Haircare System For Over 18 Years Of Daily Experience. I Wouldn't
    Want My Clients To Pay Anything Remotely Close To What Ms. Bobbie Evans Paid. My Heart Goes Out To Her..I Hope She Worked It Out With The Exploiters..So That's My View On The LumiMESS Airbrush Makeup..Its Just The Shiny Case Everyone Is Yammering About...I Bet I Spend About, mmmm, 175 To 180 On My Own Search..Its All Relevant My Friends..And Good Luck, Save Your Money !!! Times Are Tough And Predators Are Lurking Around Every Corner...I Know This, Because I Have A Friend In Orlando Florida Named LYNN That Is The BEST Airbrush Artist I Have Ever Encountered...We Worked In Winter Park Fla For Several Years Together...THANKS LYNN !!! KISS YOUR DAUGHTER FOR ME !!! Love Caroline !!! I Made It to The Top Girl !!! GOOD LUCK ALL..And Please, BUY AMERICAN !!!

• Bo
    BOBBIE EVANS Jan 20, 2012

Watching at late night, I called these people about the airbrush makeup. The announcer
    said to try it and if in 30 days you were not satisfied to send it back---money back guarantee.
    The next day (hadn't re'v Makeup) I fall and break my hips. I've been in the hospital for 2 1/2 months and am still under doctor care w/a home crew. I did not see not know anything about this product as I was fighting for my life. In the meantime Luminess has been sending little bottles of makeup (2) over and overand over again. Meanwhile I know nothing about it as I'm in the hospital. My bank showed where they had taken $26.00 and also $59.99 and they are sending me the list w/more withdrawals have been made. I will gladly send product back. I WANT MY MONEY BACK THAT THEY STOLE.I am 67 yrs. old and draw 1 ck per mo. I feel like I should be given my money back as 1.) I need it 2.) It's not right for a company to exploit customers by charging unbelievable amts. of money and so often. No monthly thing--they send as much as they can. I want everyone to know what CHEATERS AND LIARS THEY ARE. I will contact the network, Visa, BBB, etc. How many other people have they exploited??? I think we should get these people honest or get them out of business. Sincerely, Bobbie Evans