Luminess Aircompany logo

Luminess Air

Learn how the rating is calculated

3 139 complaints
67 resolved 72 unresolved

Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more

Luminess Air reviews & complaints 201 - 139

Luminess Air complaints 139

Luminess Air - keep sending products I never ordered & charge my cc

Just received a box with Mascara and makeup I never ordered, and my CC was charged.
I am returning the products and want my account credited back,
I am very upset that a company would charge my account without my permission,

Eva Saunders

I got the same thing, however, I did read my agreement and it plainly stated that to receive the discount on new supplies you had to agree to allow them to send you a new supply every month. Solution: to keep your prices low...request that you only get sent a new supply...say...every 6 months. It has worked great for me and BTW the mascara is some of the best I have EVER used and I have been using mascara for 40 years!

Luminess Air - non returnable product,

I recently purchased the LuminessAirbrush cosmetic system through a special on Good Morning America. The system is terrible - absolutely minimal coverage and difficult to use. When I tried to return...

Luminess Air - rip off

I caught the end of an infomercial that was selling an airbrush to apply makeup with and the makeup to use in it for $24.95 (around). I got online...looked at the colors of the make-up and ordered it. I didn't care for the airbrush or makeup and gave it away. A few weeks later I receive more make up in the mail so I look at my credit card bill and they have charged me $69.95! I contacted LA and told the girl what I was charged and that I did not order this. She refunded $29.95?? I called again. This lady told me I had not read ALL the terms and conditions online and that they would be charging me FIVE PAYMENTS of $69.95! I told her I would just get it back from the person I gave it to and return it. She told me it was too late to return it! THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM!! IF YOU ORDER FROM THEM YOU WILL WISH YOU HAD NOT! I saw NOTHING that stated this information! I'm boiling mad!! Will also be cancelling this credit card 1st thing in the morning and getting a different #! These people are crooks!

Hi There,
I deeply apologize that you feel this way.If there was a Return Authorization number issued, charges are postponed to the expiration date of the Return Authorization number. The only way you can be billed and sent more makeup is if the system was not back to us.We do believe in full disclosure of Terms and Conditions when each order is placed and make sure you have the same Terms with your actual system. We are not in the business of taking advantage of our customer's and apologize for any misunderstanding you may have had.Please do not in any way hesitate to contact us at [protected] Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:30pm CST if you would like to further discuss your account.Thank you for your time.

Hello Cyann,
I share your pain and anger. I decided to participate in Luminess air trial around the same time. I liked the info commercial and their promises on an easy return policy. I thought that would be a good thing to have for my daughter and for me. My daughter was very disappointed with me that I had fall for the commercial and did not do my homework to read reviews. Anyway, after a month, this package was sitting on my table, I called the company to get the return authorization in order to ship the package back to them. The operator told me that it should be insured for at least $300.00, because things happen. Oh, boy, I learned the hard way. I got the insurance and returned the package. The next thing I found $59.99 build to my account, that happened a few days later after I was issued the return authorization, and when I followed up with the phone call, they told me that will take 8 to 10 weeks for them to process the return. Within another week I received the foundation kit and the charge of $35.06 had appeared on my credit card. At that point I called the company and they advise me to refuse the package and they will issue a credit. To make the story short, it's been more than 4 month and I am still trying to get my money back, I had disputed the credit card charges and the case is still open.
The Luminess company has no SHAME to provide conflicting explanation to the credit card: the first time they claim that the disk was scratched, the second time they claimed that the aibrush machine was broken. The company is a SCAM and these people are CROOKS. Please, BEWARE women, DO NOT give your hard earned money to a company who takes advantage of your own kind.

Luminess Air - no return policy

Rec, air brush system yesterday 01, 16.2014...tried it today 01.17.2014 and am 100% unsatisfied. The system took much more makeup that advertised, the results not as expected. When ordering system I...

Luminess Air - scam

I received a shipment of products I did not order and it was peculiar because it was random and something I would not have used. I called to return it and find out I was charged for it and it was on...

Luminess Air - still being auto billed and shipped

I have been in contact with my bank and the company luminess air and asked them to stop auto charging my account and to remove and cancel my membership they said they canceled it, but I just Again have been charged this month. Please ask them to cancel my membership and stop charging my account.

As I, too, am a victim of these incredibly shifty folks-I discovered THE ONLY way to have them stop auto-billing.
ASKING nicely just will not get it done as Luminess does NOTHING but repeatedly bill you for inferior and falsely advertised "skin care" items.
CANCEL YOUR CREDIT CARD-Only then will the Bank proceed with a(ny) legal action at their disposal.
I have, unfortunately, had to correct an issue for my Mom as well. Cancelling the card does it every time.
Hope it helps.

Luminess Air - uncaring company

I went so far as to taking this company several times through the Houston BBB. Even with proof I had on the tape, the BBB still sided with them stating that the product was still sent to the right address. I could not hear a darn thing and stated so on the phone due to background noise. I also could not understand the language barrier of their salesman who had called me. I had never even heard of this system before then. I swear the tape was cut! I remember clearly the salesman stating it was one payment only and then the rest was optional (which I told him I didn't want the membership). I have passed this scam onto my friends all over the world. Interestingly, one other girl I later met has suffered similar issues. The manager who showed up for the BBB stated that no matter what I said, the company would not ever be responsible. In addition, I was never sent a bill ever!!! They just kept pulling leaving me blind as a bat in abusing my credit card without ever refunding their mistake in the end. Shame on you Luminess Air! I hope you rot in Hell!

Luminess Air - false charges, unauthorized charges

Order product through main website in Feb 2013, than return it before the 30 days were up. When check tracking number it showed product was received by company 2 days later at one point lumine...

Luminess Air - rip off ripp off rip off

I ordered the Luminess Air under the trial terms...30 days for $19.95. Well I never received the product and they charged my account $89.97 three times!!! I paid a total of $269.91 for ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!! I called their customer service department and gave her all of my information only to have her tell me that she could not find me in their system. I am dumbfounded!!! After my experience talking with this unprofessional lady I decided to look the company up on the internet. I sure wish I would have done this before purchasing. There are too many complaints to count...I am in the process of getting bank statements and faxing them to Luminess, however after reading all the complaints, I don't think I will get my money back. DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM LUMINESS AIR!!!

File a claim with your bank that u never received the product and they will get your money back. Always pay with credit card so its insured or paypal who does the same. They get your money back when u did not receive the product.

put in a claim in with them then they will send you a report for you to fill out I filled mine out with USPS then faxed it over to the Luminess air company got one refund hoping for the other one

Luminess Air - "risk free" trial isn't risk free at all

Ordered the 'Risk Free" Trial, 30 Day Satisfaction Guaranteed Kit, for 19.95 plus shipping charges which were processed immediately. Upon receipt, I quickly realized that the terms of the agreement as laid out in the paperwork I received with the product were very different from my understanding of the terms laid out on the website.(I generally find my reading and comprehension skills to be quite good...) I phoned immediately to obtain the RA# (return authorization) for this product. I learned two things during that call:
1) Even though I am returning this product unused, within 24 hours of receipt, my the $24.97 I paid IS NOT REFUNDABLE. A very strange interpretation of the term "risk free"...I am loosing that money, plus footing the bill to return it.
2) I was also charged an additional $59.99 the moment this product was shipped. I was not aware that any additional monies would be charged during my trial period, I never received any notification from them that they had processed this charge to my account. However, they have assured me that eventually, at least that money may be credited sometime after the device is returned. Thankfully, I will not be subject to the "restocking" fee of 20% of my total purchase (the initial 'trial" charge plus the $59.99.)
This product is currently available at several local national stores and on several other, less deceptive sites for half the price I would ultimately have had to pay for this.
Perhaps I should be grateful for only having lost $35.00

Wow, I just want to say how grateful I am for this complaint website! I was gonna buy this product, but, after reading how they have scammed people; taken more money than they were supposed to; continually debiting credit cards, despite a return; NOT letting you return the product, etc., there is NO way I am gonna try this! Thank you all of you who take the time to make these reports!

Yes you were very lucky, at least you got a return authorization, i didn't even get that! Had to pay for my shipping, had over 150 taken out of my account and they are the have hit my credit report with over 300 dollars for a product they now have! It never did work correctly and was hardly used, this whole thing is a scam, it sincerely need to be sent to the FCC and have official complaints brought against them and this to stop before even more women fall for their false ads and return policy. What bothers me I looked them up online before i bought it, I saw no complaints regarding them! Are they paying to not have them on the main page? It wasn't until i search for "complaints" i was able to find sites like this that has numerous women with the same issues. All about the money...

Luminess Air - credit card charge

Please do not buy luminess air... It is the cheapest crap that does not work the whole thing runs all over your hand. There is no way they will stop charging your card. You email them nothing gets done you call they not answer and you will hear the music for an hour, if you are persistent, they will ask you to email them, you email them they will not cancel. I have paid over $ 580.00 for something I have never used,
I eventually had to stop the card.
It is day light robbery.. To get rich themselves by literally putting their hand in your valet and take out the money whether you like it or not.

Thanks for this info. I was going to order tonight but decided to look at what others thought of it. I am glad I didn't order the Luminess air system . I am sorry to hear what they did to you what a bunch of ### .Thanks again for sharing you are helping others not to get scammed ...

Luminess Air - terrible and expensive product

I purchased luminess air through the phone when they first came out. I paid I believe around $400 for their pro package since I'm a licensed cosmologists and a make up artist. When I received it I decided to try it out and the product does not work like a professional airbrush system. It splashed my clients face unevenly and the colors were weird. I called to return it and they avoided me. It was impossible to do so. Amazing how their customers service is great if you call to buy the product, but completely unavailable if you call to return it. Since I had purchased through differed payments, I just stopped making the last two to get their attention. No one ever called me back, but as soon as their return period was over, they started with an abusive amount of phone calls asking for my last payment. When I said I wanted to return it, they said it was too late to do so and that I had to pay or they would report it to the credit bureau. Not once after the first time I tried it I have used this product again. Absolute waste of money!

bad customer service. cannot get a hold of any one without a damn loooooong wait. not available on line either. total rip off.

bad bad bad! to any one wanting to use this product DO NOT! I think all the bad comment users should ban together and take this company out!

Luminess Air - unauthorized credit card charges

I ordered the 30 day $19.99 trial of Luminess Air. The total charge with shipping was $54.41! Almost 3 times what they advertised! Then I noticed on my bank statement an additional charge of $59.99! I called the company about this charge and the operator told me that it was a charge stated in their "fine print" that instead of them doing a credit check on the trial, they decided to charge each customer $59.99! I cancelled my order right then and there. A week after the cancellation, I'm still waiting for the refund of $59.99.

My order etc was cancelled in June 2013. Lo and behold I received yet another shipment this December after my last order said in writing my contract was cancelled and this unethical company stole money from my checking account which I now need to wait 3-5 business days to be reversed and only after I called and pointed out their thievery.

In my opinion this is absolutely criminal and this Luminess Company should not be allowed to get away with such criminal behavior. I with be contacting my DA s office tomorrow but since I live in California where criminal, unethical behavior is the norm, I doubt to get much help.

The state of our union is very, very sad right now.

Luminess Air - False charges

I ordered to do the 30 day trial after seeing it on the infomercial. This was during December 2012. The product arrived 2-3 weeks later. I got so busy, had no time to try it...still in box. I figured I have to return it during the 30 day in order to get a refund. I go online to retrieve the RA number. After going through the prompts it says "We will give you the Luminess Air product for no further cost if you would like to keep it" I figure, why not. At least I can keep it and try it when I have time. They already charged me $39.99 and $59.99. I opted to keep it for NO extra charge. The very next day I see a charge on my card for $59.99! I emailed them and was told to call the 800 number. Then I got another charge for $35.06! I called and this is what they said:
The $35.06 is for a Makeup Club that they automatically put you in when you get the product. NO one even mentioned that online or over the phone...that makeup club is a way for them to get more money out of you. She told me she will credit that back to me.
Then she said that I went online to cancel my order at 12:40pm (lunchtime) and that they charged my card the $59.99 at 2:40am so that means since they charged me hours before I canceled that they are allowed to keep that amount. Bunch of BS. How can I fight them on the time they charged my card...all I can see is that it appeared on my statement the next day after I called to cancel. I am now left with the product and only hope it was worth the $150.

Thank you for your support. If you would please give us a call at [protected] M-F 8:30-5:30 CST we will gladly assist you further right away.
Sincerely,
Luminess Air

I bought Luminess airbrush system over 6 years ago. I received what I ordered. I was not signed up for additional makeup. Paid only what I ordered. Paid off in 2 payments. Very satisfied with airbrush. I apply the wife's makeup everyday. The airbrush works great I don't know about the new airbrush or how it works. My system has 1 speed only.

I didn't order more product and I did not sign up for automatic shipments. I have contacted my credit card and instructed them not to accept any further charges from this company. I will order what I want when I want it. It is not up to them to decide I need more product.

Luminess Air - customer service and charges

On 1/2/2013, I called Luminess Air, regarding a charge on my account for $34.12. When I called, the 1st agent did not know what I was talking about and transferred me over to the Club membership office. I was on hold for over 3 minutes before the agent picked up the call. I explain my situation to the agent about how I had already paid for the shipment. I also told the agent when I called in November to ship my next shipment in March of 2013. The agent kept insisting that I did not pay for the product and that she needed to put me on hold again. Well, while on hold, I check my account and low and behold I already paid for the shipment. When she came back for almost 20 minutes being on hold, I was furious because by now I had been talking to the agent for well over 40 minutes and being on hold for 20 of the minutes is ridiculous. I proceeded to tell the woman that I paid the first amount in November and the second amount in December. So how could I be charged again for the same shipment. Well the agent said, let me put you on hold again and by now, I was made and upset by the whole ordeal. Come to find out the agent I spoke to November did not make the changes to my account that I had previously spoke to her about and they decided to ship me another shipment. I told the agent, this is not may fault and that my account better be reimburse. The agent wanted me to make complaint about the problem and I needed to decided to see if I want the shipment or the refund. I of course, told her, my account better be refunded and I will not do such a thing. It was their fault that the customer service agent could not follow instructions. I will wait and see if they will refund me. Believe me I will get my money back. It took me over 50 minutes to resolve this issue with Luminess Air. They really have bad customer service. Before they speak to you, they may want to research the problem instead of reading from their script.

Luminess Air - cheap bottles

The plastic make up bottles are sooo cheap!! I've had mine for 2 weeks and already 3 of the bottle tops have broken off inside the caps. Now i can't "drop" the make up into the stylus as directed. What good is a product if you can't use it? An easy fix for the co. considering the # of these sold. Invest in sturdier plastic so the consumer can use the product they purchased!

I think more of my bottles have broken than not... but luckily customer service has replaced every broken bottle free of charge and have given me no hassles. it's just a pain to have to make the call and then wait for the replacement to get here and hope that that bottle doesn't break also! as soon as I can find small bottles I will be transferring all of my makeup into the new bottles so I won't have this problem anymore.

The same thing happened to me earlier today! I'm still highly irritated since I got my system as a Christmas gift! Now not sure what to do. Sigh.

Luminess Air - charges that are not shown at pos

Purchased the introductory product, was charged with S&H $42.90. Which the product is worth, I like the product. Then 2 months later I have a charge of $59.99 on my Credit Card. I looked through the...

Luminess Air - Charges

I ordered this trial product last night ($29.99)and after I gave my credit card info and clicked "order now", imagine my surprise that I would be charged an additional $199.00 for other supplies to be automatically sent every other month. I can call and cancel this additional purchase at no charge, etc. Today, I get another charge of $49.99 for the first month of this additional product. I have a 30-day trail period and I was not to be charged until after the 30-days. I gather from other blogs, that this is typical procedures for this company. I would urge everyone to report this to their local Bett Business Bureau and report them to the FCC. These charges are never mentioned in their TV ads. I have already contacted my bank dispute area and on Monday they will call vendor.

Dear Customer,
Thank you for your interest in Luminess Air. Please know that at the time of purchase all charges are agreed upon before checking out. You can also view our Terms and conditions online for additional information. If you wish to cancel your order please give us a call at [protected] M-F 8:30-5:30 CST and we will gladly assist you. Or you can email us at [email protected] Thank you!

LuminessAir 30 day moneyback policy is a SCAM. So FIRST, i saw this TV ad for luminessair it says try luminessair for "$19.99" doesnt mention anything about $62 per month, not even on the small letters. SECOND, the product is not as good as they show on screen. Personally i like mac foundation better and one bottle will last me about 6 months. And it looks better than luminessair. Also when i tried to apply it under my eye to conceal dark circles, the product tend to gather on my inner corner of the eye giving me winkles that i did not have (not a real wrinkle, because the product gathered in one place it looked like wrinkles) and it is very time consuming to do your make up with this THIRD, they let me return the product which was good, i had to pay $16 for shipping, fine. They say 30 day money back guarantee but dont refund the $19.99 u pay, fine with that too. BUT they only refunded me $34 out of $62 they charged me. when i called them they say the Compressor and DVD was damaged. I hadnt even touched the dvd it was in the box since day1 and i only used the compressor twice. i said that to the rep and she says there was a lil dust on the compressor i was like you are charging me all that money for a dust? like seriously???? when i looked it up on the internet many buyers had complained that luminessair gave them the same reason as mine for the partial refund. so after arguing finally she agreed to refund me the difference. So i suggest everyone do not waste your time on this product and your $40.91 ($24.91 for trial with tax + $16 return shipping) for this useless product.

I ordered the free trial luminessair for 29.99 plus tax, when i looked at my bank acct i was also charged 59.99 for the club member fee. she hasnt evn tried the product, but we were charged. I was trying to cancel, but couldnt get through because i work during the day, when i get home they are closed already..i want to cancel before shipping, , They are a bunch of ripoffs..How can you charge club price for a product you have not tried, i want my refund, too expensive.. think about the economy, im not paying that much for makeup... thank you...so diappointed as a consumer...

I ordered the airbrush makeup system and buried in the terms and conditions were additional charges. You cant order the item without checking and usually is associated with conditions for payment. Do-not assume this of disreputable companies and this is one!

Luminess Air - sent me wrong colors twice and refused refund

Do not buy anything from these people!! They are scam artists. They want you to "try" the product and then make it impossible to return it. They charge you 29.95 and then prevent you from returning it to then be charged another $200. The responses next to these complaints you al have written by the luminess air people quoting the same line of calling their a+ service customer care line, is an absolute joke. They do not want to help you. They put you on hold for 30 to 45 minutes and when you ask to speak with the supervisor, you get put on hold yet again for the same amount of time if not longer only to be disconnected. Do not buy this product. I got it and it has been a nightmare. I called them within 3 days of getting it to tell them the shade was to dark. They told me to send it back only for them to turn around and send the same colors back to me and after 3 more days of constant haggling with them they refused to give me a return id since it was the 31st day and I was now stuck with the product I could not use nor would I want to after dealing with these people. They are horrible and don't care about anything but getting your credit card number. Buyer beware! I have submitted a bbb complaint and know they will lie there way out of it. The only way to stop them is to boycott the product and make sure no one else is duped!!!

Luminess Air - scam and fraudulant

Luminess air is a rip off.. Don not buy.. If you want to cancel your membership, you have to send them an email to [protected]@luminessair.com or they will not cancel. Well I sent them an email, called and they gave me a cancelation number.. And yep still being charged. Called again and they said they did not receive and email (Unbelievable) and could not find my name or my telephone number. And so they asked to send back the cancelation number (Which like an idiot I cant find now) and send it to them.
They should have a record of my name, which they don't.. Don't buy luminess air, the product sucks and has chemicals in it that make you break out and is way to oily.

Same thing happened to me with them not being able to find my name in their system!!! I was like how the freak do you not have my info in there. Gave them my name, address, phone number, order number and invoice number. After talking to 3 different people for 26 minutes they finally found my information to cancel my club membership. The only good thing is that they are sending me my color of makeup since what they did send me was way too dark for free. I asked 3 times to make sure I wasn't getting charged for this color match and that my club membership was canceled and my card wasn't going to be charged anymore and she said yes so we will see. Not feeling super confident after all that mess though.

Luminess Air Customer Care is THE WORST EVER!!! They will not work with you. They will take your money & not ship your product for 2 weeks if you did not choose expedite shipping. Paying for a product & NOT receiving it for 2wks. CRAZY!! They never send any confirmation of your order or any shipping information. ITS A HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE ALL TOGETHER!!! Just DO NOT DO IT!! There are better companies with GREAT customer care out there. FRAUD

I just got scammed by luminess. First of all the commercial said try the product for $29.99 so I called half way through the call the say that it will be $59.99 to try the product I was upset but I said what the hell I really want to try the product so I proceeded with the order, big mistake. The next day my account was charged for a total of $208 and some change. I called the company and told them to cancel my order. They cancelled the order but could not provide a cancellation number its been five days and the money still has not been put back into my account. Funny how they can take the money within 24 hours but it takes so long to put it back in your account. I think we should file a class action against this company for false advertisement and bank fraud. I'm going to look into it anyone interested in joining in please contact me at [email protected]

The address of luminess company is Pune, vishrantwadi orbit mall 2 floor I- office its is near yedawadi jail. The manager incharge over there is domnic [protected] and other manager is farzaneh [protected] and the owner name is Mahesh chitness. If you dont believe me you can visit these place. If you will call the manager they will tell that there are in Texas. But plz dont believe them because they have a fake office in Texas . Please be beware.

Yes luminess air is a scam actually the company is in india. In India there is a city called PUNE. There a small town known as visrantwadi. They call from there and the agent working say that they are calling from Texas. It is a big SCAM. The owner of this luminess company is Mr mahesh chitness from New Jersey

1  ...  5 6 7