Lithia Volkswagonpoor sales and service

Here is my story. My wife and I had a lovely Honda Pilot which we should have never sold, anyways the wife wants this nice shiny beemer at Lithia Volkswagon in Medford, OR. so we test drive the car she loves it, it drives well. we get back from the test drive and agree to start paperwork, as service tech pulls away in the bmw i notice a quite large green puddle of liquid on the ground. i tell the salesman "that looks like anti-freeze" then the salesman and a Service TECH tell me no, it is "condensation from the A/C mixing with oil on the ground" i said no, and to please look at it. they do and assure me the bottom is dry and thier are no leaks. we buy the car. two days later it goes into limp mode in the middle of an intersection while my wife is driving my 2 year old girl to daycare. it then proceeds to immediatly overheat. we take it back to Lithia, they filled it with coolant and said that it was good to go again. at this point they assure me it had a 100 point inspection, like that means anything. two days later it does it again, limp mode then overheats, the beamer had to be towed. my wife and i were very upset, and told lithia we wanted out of the car. they told us that they would buy it back for 9k we bought it 4 days prior for 13k, 13k because they charged me for new tires, after it passed thier 100 point inspection, which i guess piece of ### bald tires qualifies. so im out 4 grand, but they want to make a deal. they offer to put us into an 06 jetta that is certified pre-owned. it puts us into a loan for 18k so now they bent us over twice, and we had no way out. they refused to just let us walk away. the salesman bless his heart. his name is Andy. he is a great guy and lithia does not deserve a salesman like him. he felt so bad for what his superiors and co-workers were doing that he gave us 50 dollars to a pizza place from his own pocket. and you know what last month we are driving the jetta the battery light comes on while we are getting dinner 5 miles from home, then IT overheats and goes into limp mode. it took my family and I 1 hour to get home Lithia is a bad place to do business and i do not recommend going thier for used or "certified Vehicles" it means nothing. and the parts and sales managers thier are dumb. the parts manager himself and his tech either didn't recognize antifreeze or lied to my face.

Derek

• Lo
    lol5375 Mar 31, 2011

First he says they traded in a Honda Pilot for a used BMW, but later on he mentions a Jetta? Sounds like a crank...