Liquor Storeharrasement and accused

C

I went to the liquor store today and I was searching around on what I wanted to buy. I had a poncho on and I grabbed a bottle of Gibson's and put it under my arm to hold. I was not acting all sketchy and I was not hiding that I grabbed a bottle. The Clerk asked me to take off my poncho so I agreed and took it off. I went to grab another bottle that I wanted. I ended up phoning my friend to see what I should get and was on the phone for about 5 minutes and ended up putting away the 2 bottles I grabbed because my friend did not want that kind. The clerk came and helped me because I was looking for a certain Vodka that I had gotten from Egypt. He ended up going to the counter and grabbed a camera and walked up to me and said I would like to take a picture of your pretty face. So I looked at him and said NO. He got in my face and yelled "get out of my @#$% store". I shot back and said excuse me WHY? He was saying I know your kind on your phone, stealing liquor, don't have any money. Of course I was very angry at that time and was yelling and cursing. He kept saying you don't have any money, so I wanted to prove him wrong and pulled out money from my purse. At the end I told him that I work at a really good company, I make really good money, I definitely do not look like half of the people that come into this store because they are mostly people off the streets. I was dressed up like I worked in an office. I told him that I do not NEED to steal because I can afford it. I also said that the way he is harassing me and accusing me for something that I did not even do, was wrong and that he should not treat his customers this way even though his store is located in a bad area in downtown. The way I was treated in that store is something I have never experienced. This is something I do want to deal with because the way he harassed me and the way he talked to me. I am 25 years old, making my own living! I do not need a ### to tell me that he knows the type of person I am because the type pf person I am is beyond what he thinks.

• Br
    Brolga45 Jun 01, 2019

I was buying some of the red wines that were on special at Liquorland The Glen, Glen Waverley on Thursday 23/5/19. A very helpful shop assistant Tayla pointed out that as I had purchased more than $40 of wine I could also get another bottle of red wine for $2.

Please pass on my thanks to her.

Thanks Ian

• St
    Steve Whitman Jan 06, 2019

I went into Liquorland North Fremantle WA on Sunday to buy a gift voucher and the person didn't know how to do it; I went in again today and a different person didn't know how to do it - All I wanted was to buy. $200 gift voucher as a Christmas present. I spend at least $200 per fortnight and I think I'll be finding somewhere else to go in future.

• Generica Mar 19, 2011

opps ... brenda ... i thought you were the owner posting the complaint ... gracia is the owner ... sorry ... typo ... very sorry

• Generica Mar 19, 2011

- I went to the liquor store today and I was searching around on what I wanted to buy. I had a PONCHO on and I grabbed a bottle of Gibson's and put it under my arm to hold. I was not acting all sketchy and I was not hiding that I grabbed a bottle -

brenda ... did you write that ?

we can go back and worth ... until the cows come home ... but ... your wrong.

• Generica Mar 19, 2011

i stop reading after you said ... I had a poncho ... your a stupid idiot .