Liberty Tax Servicesral loan

When iwent into a liberty tax service in franklin tn, to prepare my tax refund the nice lady named cassie prepared my infromation ask me if I choose the ral loan it would be 24-48 hours so she called the next day and told me that my loan was not approved from their bank which is republic bank and trust and that I had to wait 21 more days to receive my tax money little did she no I had already call the bank 1800 number to check on your loan they told me 8 days the irs would print my tax refund check I ask that nice lady cassie if I still had to pay for the ral loan she told yes I ask her why she stated thats how they do bussiness me as a person no deep in heart that none of the tax prepares bank are not approving 99% of the loans every one I no is still waiting on there money and no one has received it but the tax payers still have to pay have to for the ral loan anyway thats not far that they lie to u and then still get there money for services we didnt receive.

• Sm
    Smicky04 Jan 16, 2014

I'd just like it known that Liberty Taxes are still to this day in 2014 up to the same tricks and worse.

Last Year Liberty charged me $415 for doing my taxes. Just yesterday I walked out because Liberty Taxes wants to charge me $750 with a $150 'discount' making my cost $600 and $50 in my pocket! I called over the manager and tried to see why it was so much and he said I shouldn't complain they are just trying to help me get a decent refund which was only $1, 200 after their payment, on top of not getting earned income for my 2 kids because they said I didn't make enough of my own money last year..

He said I worked temp so a W2, self-employment and unemployment and so they were charging me $200 per tax form...I am not an accountant so is this ridiculous or is this the way it is done all for a 1, 200 rebate?

I took my paperwork and went to H&R they are still charging $250, is much much better and the refund has shot up to more than 5, 000 with them because I will be getting Earned income for my daughters.

I'm done with Liberty I feel like making a sign and marching in front warning all those who don't know better away!

libertytax Feb 27, 2013

Thank you for reaching out to us via http://www.complaintsboard.com. Could you please send an email to [email protected] and give your name and the office in which you filed your return? From there one of our corporate customer service representatives will be in touch with you. We're sorry to hear about the story you've described above and we'll work on a resolution for you. Thank you for your patience.

• Ne
    nevaehsimone Feb 27, 2013

I did my taxes with liberty tax and they charged me damn near $2800 to do my taxes that's not fair The one I went to is in the bronx on Boston Rd.I will never go there again

• Ju
    jubadub Jan 29, 2013

I got a call saying i was approved for $500 from the office in Franklin. When I went in to receive my check they found that the server was down and unable to accept signatures. I returned the next morning and was told "I don't know how to print the checks…sorry". I then called after work that same day and asked if the person working was able to print checks. They said yes and told me stop in. Upon arriving I found that once again they were unable to take electronic signatures. I must admit I became irate! They made a phone call that took over ten minutes and resolved nothing! I am now at their mercy and have no clue when the check i am approved for will be printed!

Liberty Tax Customer Care Jan 21, 2011

Hi Pattiekw,
    Thank you for reaching out to us via complaintsboard.com. We did receive your email as well. One of our corporate customer service representatives will be in touch with you soon. We're sorry to hear about the story you've described above and we'll work on a resolution for you. Thank you for your patience.

Kind regards,
    Liberty Tax Customer Care

• Pa
    Pattiekw Jan 20, 2011

My granddaughter had hers done there and she is 18 she has no house no car no children ..she onlky needed a 1040 and 1 form for work pay credit..they charged her 253.95 for some Bank forms and service ..she will not get the rest of her refund for 14 days...I think this Company are rip off artiist and I am in touch with the IRS and Goverment about them, if you would like to include your story my e-mail is [email protected]
    pwpcfl

• Ju
    June in January Feb 06, 2010

I also had a bad experience at Liberty. I had to tell the girl that was doing the taxes what deductions I could actually take and she must have made a total of seven phone calls to two different managers for assistance and to confirm my deductions. I needed the money to pay my tuition so I decided to go with the RAL, which I was supposed to receive within 48 hours. I never heard from them and 4 days later I called to see if my check was ready. I was told the loan was not approved and now I would have to wait another 8 days. I still have to pay the fees for the loan even though they are waiting until it goes through with the IRS. They charged me well over $200 just to do my taxes. I will never use Liberty again!

• Tb
    Tbhcbee Jan 30, 2010

My husband and I sat for over two hours watching some new guy at Liberty Tax try to do our taxes. TWO HOURS. Then when he finally finished and gave us the price, we left. I think they are a bit overpriced for the staff they employ. The whole time I was sitting there watching this guy type in our information on the computer, I was listening to all the other employees making phone calls about how they were sorry and this changed, Blaa Blaa Blaa. They would have to refile, it was gonna take an extra week. I don't think any of them knew what they were doing. So we went to a different tax place, + $300 difference. Yeah, that was our experience. Wish I could get my 2 hours back somehow.

maula Jan 30, 2010

at least you got a call to let you know you werent approved. in keene nh they offered 50 cash when you fill out your taxes but didnt advertise when so i didnt get mine at first. i had to file a complaint to get that. i didnt get a call to let me know that i didnt get approved. i also got charged 500 to do my taxes which to me is taking advantage of parents getting earned credit from the government. i will never ever ever use them again.

Liberty Tax Customer Care Jan 26, 2010

Hi lakotaterrell,
    Liberty Tax Service makes customer service our priority which is why we offer a satisfaction guarantee. Please email us directly at [email protected] and we'll be happy to help you.

Kind regards,