Liberty Tax Service — overcharge & no fee disclosure
I was quoted a price of $89 for my tax preparation before any paperwork was started and was told that I didn't have to pay until my refund arrived. My taxes were prepared on January 27, 2010 and my refund was supposed to be in the Liberty Tax office by February 5, 2010. There was no mention of any other fees durring my business transaction. When my tax preparation was done, I turned to leave and I was call over to the desk again and was given 10 five-dollar bills. I asked what the $50 was for and was told it was a promotion so that I would tell my friends and family about Liberty Tax. It was made very clear by the representative that this $50 was not, in any way, related to my refund or fees. It was free and clear. On the 19th of February I received a statement from Republic Bank showing that $289 was deducted for preparation fees, another $20 for transmitter fees, and another $29.95 for refund administration fees. A total of $249.95 over what I was quoted initially. A person who identified herself as Wendy Cohen, the district manager said she would send me a check for $50 to resolve the issue. That was $199.95 short of what was taken from my check, unauthorized. I declined the $50 check and requested the full amount. I was told that there was nothing she (Wendy) could do beyond that. Upon calling Liberty Tax headquarters, I learned that Wendy Cohen is not the district manager, she is only the manager. I feel decieved by Liberty Tax and its agents and I feel that I was intentionally mislead and robbed of money due to me from the government. I would like the full amount beyond the $89 I was quoted for preparation fees, the full amount being $249.95.
More Liberty Tax Service Complaints & Reviews
- Liberty Tax Service - abuse/fraud against franchise owner
- Liberty Tax Service - charged to much for 1040ez tax form
- Liberty Taxes - deceptive business practices!
- Liberty Tax Service - bad business practices
- Liberty Tax Service - scamming clients and employees
- Liberty Tax Service - everything
- Liberty Tax Service - exhorbitant charges
- Liberty Tax Service - non-payment for work.
- Liberty Tax Services - will not uphold written policy
- Liberty Tax Service - unfair treatment of employees