Lewis Storesharassment of customers over debt owed

N

I received a call from my sister this morning, and she informed me that a lady by the name of Charmaine and a certain gentleman from Lewis store (Benoni) had come to see her concerning her outstanding debt. Let me put it to you that my sister (Andile Precious Tshoaedi) has not been paying her monthly instalments for the past 3 months like she is supposed to. Furthermore, she changed the address of where she was living and did not notify Lewis of this. Today, she got a visit at work from Charmaine and the gentleman in question and they were demanding that she pay the monthly instalment right there on the spot. They even threatened to report the matter to the police. Scared as she was, she then called me immediately and notified me. When I asked to speak to Charmaine, the lady in question refused point blank and continued to harass my sister. I was going to let her know that the money will be paid on Monday, but she was very uncooperative and clearly rude to my sister. Now, I want to know if this kind of behaviour is acceptable and what can my sister as a consumer do about this?

Charz95 Mar 08, 2020

A lady from lewis Vanderbijlpark and 2 of her associates came to my house today and threatened to sell all my stuff to pay for my boyfriends debt and then said that I had to go and take out a loan to pay them cash when I said that I don't have money to pay an account that does not belong to me.

• Nt
    Nthabee Jul 07, 2016

i was also harrassed...where can we report this matter urgently?