Complaints & Reviews

Levin Furniture — furniture falling apart

My wife and I have made two separate purchases at Levin over the last year and a half. The selection was nice...

Levin's furniture — poor customer after sale service

do not order any special order furniture from them! We ordered a recliner in a fabric different from what wa...

Mcmurray

Levin Furniture — bed bugs!

We always have kept a clean home, that is until we received a sofa and love seat we bought from Levin...

Levin Furniturethe sales practices were unfair and deceptive, the furniture is absolute junk, and lavin refuses to honor its warrantee.

The love seat we purchased from Lavin Furniture is the absolute worst quality I have ever seen. We were told that the frame was solid oak and had a life time warrantee. However, the entire frame appears to be made from cheep press board and designed very flimsily. It fell apart within months of normal use. I have included digital photographs of the frame. The furniture is completely unusable. When sat upon the cushions rest on the floor. Lavin sent a “technician” to repair the frame under the warrantee who attached a 3/4 inch thick piece of pine to one of the main braces that had broke (that was itself 3/4 inch thick by 3 inch wide press board). You can see it in the photographs. It obviously changed nothing. The furniture is still unusable. Another issue is the sharp corners of the frame inside the arm rests began to print on the fabric within weeks. It is now beginning to wear through as you can see from the photograph I have provided. Not only do the arm rests look terrible, they hurt. We cannot lean against it or rest our head on it. Lavin’s final response to our request that they honor the warrantee was that “we are not going to be able to do anything for you other than give you the name and number of some technicians that could quote you a price on repairs.” The sales practices were unfair and deceptive, the furniture is absolute junk, and Lavin refuses to honor its warrantee. I will see them in court!

Levin Furniture — not sanitizing merchandise

I feel it is time for people to know how Levin Furniture operates. I worked the company for 18 years. For 18...

Levin Furniturefraudulent

Bought furniture Dec.28, 2008 - no payment/ interest for 2 yrs. Furniture not delivered until Jan.17, 2009. Have money taken out of paycheck for 2 yrs so I'm able to pay bill. Have balance IN FULL ready to go early Jan. Each bill for 2 years shows due date 28th of each month. Get bill for Jan.and it shows due date for 28th. As I'm enclosing payment coupon in payment envelope, I read in TINY print "payment in full due Jan 3". It's Jan 7. Call to discuss issue with customer service, but they're only willing to reduce $1500 of interest to $900. Attempted to make my point that I didn't get furniture until Jan 17, so I shouldn't have been billed until that date; this would really result my payment being due Jan 17...2 years later. Agreed I should have been more observant regarding TINY PRINT on billing statement, however their terms were in all actuality, fraudulent. My account should not have been charged until I actually received the goods.

Levin Furniture — they do not make good on their warranties

I bought a Sealy mattress from Levin in 2002. I am not very happy with them right now. Including the mattre...

Levin Furniturethe loveseat is delivered a month later and it breaks within 1 month

Ordered a couch and loveseat from Levin Furniture in Montrose (West Akron). Couch and loveseat were supposed to be delivered in 2 weeks. Delivery people arrived with only the couch. Said that the loveseat would be another MONTH. Called Levin, since I assumed this was a mixup. No call back.

The loveseat is delivered a month later. It breaks with in 1 month (it is a motorized recliner). No call back aafter 3 calls. WHAT A JOKE! STAY AWAY. This was the most expensive couch and loveseat they had. I understand things happen, but this is Levin wont even call back.

Levin Furniturethis is so frustraing that my 1 yr old couch looks 25+ years old

I purchased a sectional from Levin about a year ago and have had NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS since i purchased the sectional sofa.

One month into having the sectional the cushions on the sofa were worn and looked like a 25+yr old worn couch. I called customer service, they scheduled a contractor to come out and about a month later he finally decided to bring the cusion. He made it very clear that it was a problem for him to bring it out because the cusion was so large that he had to keep making extra trips (and like thats my fault??????) then when he made it into his schedule to bring it he simply dropped it off and left...didnt even replace it for us.

Well about a month later, this cushion did the exact same thing. So bad that now all cushions are worn and the springs are coming through the base. I called today 6wks later to see what the status was for all the parts that they had to order, to find out they've been in and no one has contacted me. Oh, and i also found out that im getting the exact same crappy cushion THAT KEEPS FALLING APART, after they told me they were going to order us a high definition foam insert. This is the worst customer service i have ever delt with, they "cant seem to figure out" what the problem is. This sectional is cheaply made and a total waste of my money, i wish i could just get my money back. I ve talked to other people about my problem with the cushions, and it sounds a though their known for this.

This is so frustraing that my 1 yr old couch looks 25+ years old and im receiving no help from Levin Furniture . FYI...dont ever buy from their unless you want a MAJOR HEADACHE that will never go away. So disappointed and taken advantage of!

Levin Furniture — this was the worst furniture buying experience and I have levin's to thank

I would like to discus my most recent and last purchase from Levin's. My complaints start with the...

Levin Furniturethis is my first and last purchase at levin

Purchased a leather reclining loveseat in April 2009, have had service twice to remove the large staples that have worked their way out. Also have ripped fabric between the 2 sections caused by the mechanisms that cause the seats to recline. 6 months old and "Chuck" refuses to have it replaced. This should not even be a question - 6 months old - shoddy work - should be replaced. This is my first and last purchase at Levin.

Levin Furniturelike I said, their company is a nightmare

This company is a nightmare. We purchased a sectional a year ago. Since week one with the furniture the cushions were already broke down, you can actually feel the springs under the cushions. To date we have had 6 replacements of cushions, every tech that comes says there is a problem. The so called supervisor CHUCK from PA doesn, t want to hear it and does not return calls and is rude. There is a problem. They will not make good on this piece of junk. Stroking us the whole time. DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY! They sell JUNK and they do not stand by their products. I could go on and on with the people I've had to deal with. Like I said this company is a Nighmare, they should not be in business and Chuck should loose his so called job. Better take a good look at the people you have working Robert Levin and start looking at what's going on. You do not stand by your products. I would of been better off going to Big Lots. Make good on your Mission Statement. Again, Robert Levin better take an interest in your company, you are selling junk!!!

My complaints have been documented since week 3 with the furniture, we should of been able to get another set. Like I said, your company is a nightmare, You are ripping the people off. Do Not Buy from here. and God Bless you if you have to deal with Chuck, that is if he'll call you back at all.

Levin Furniturethe manager rude and does not care about customer service

DO NOT SHOP AT LEVIN FURNATURE! We bought two couches and a chair. We had to replace the couch TWICE because all the stitching was coming out.This was not a cheap couch we paid 1079.00 for it! They did not help us at all, once they get your money...forget about any kind of customer service. We also need the arm of the couch fixed because the foam is mushed- of course they refused. The WILL up sell you the warranty- DONT FALL FOR IT! BEFORE THEY GET YOUR MONEY FOR THE EXTRA WARRANTY SIT AND READ THE ENTIRE WARRANTY PAPERWORK- YOU WILL FIND THAT IT PRETTY MUCH COVERS...NOTHING!! I have tried to make two claims and they BOTH have been denied due to small print! I wasted 180.00 on this warranty that has not helped me at all. RIP OFF!! The manager rude and does not care about customer service! Do not shop here!! BEWARE!!

• Jk
                  J Knight Feb 22, 2011

Went to Levin in monroeville for the 50.00 doorbuster and was told that you had to make a purchase before you could get the 50.oo gift card. I felt that the ad was very mieleading because it does not state that . So when ever Levins offer this doorbuster remember you have to make a purchase that day before you can get the gift card. It really sucked I won't be going back

Levin Furniture — very disappointed in the service and quality of the furniture

On March 8, 2008 we purchased a dining room set from the Levin Furniture store at the Pointe in Robinson...

Levin Furniturefurniture/mattress/service

I have no complaint with Levin Furniture. I have been a customer for years and all I can say is they take care of their customers. Yes, you may have a problem with your furniture or mattress but remember they don't make the furniture and that could happen no matter where you purchase. Levin service team has helped me with my furniture issues and when I had an issue with my mattress they sent a service tech out and replaced my mattress because of a factory defect. Everyone is so quick to write the negative, I think it's time we look at the postive. I will forever be a Levin Furniture customer.

• Sh
                    SHERRY Nov 05, 2008

Made payment yet charged a late fee, telling me to pay more before due date, lied

Levin Furniture — bed bugs in [protected]@box spring

we got a new [protected]@box spring from levin furniture on 10-14-09 . one weekl later i was getting hives every...

Oakwood Village

Levin Furnituredelivery guys are rude and obnoxious

The store salesman treated us with total and complete disrespect. We actually had to get the store manager to handle our purchase. The delivery was a train wreck. First, the delivery department sets up a time convenient for them-not for you. Part of our order was broken so only the sofa could be delivered...at 6:45am while my wife was in the shower and they woke up the baby. The delivery guys were rude and obnoxious.

Then since they broke our chair and didn't have a replacement they scheduled the delivery of the rest of our furniture about a month later. Keep in mind that we paid cash in advance and had already gotten rid of our current furniture to make room for the new ones. I had to complain to the regional manager who expedited the rest of our furniture to the following week.

The delivery guys were rude and obnoxious again showing up at 7am. One of them was actually trying to antagonize me by running his mouth and trying to start an argument. I had to make him leave.
                  We will never deal with Levin Furniture again! They are absolutely terrible and customer service is a very bad joke!

Levin Furniturescam artists

Delivered a bedroom set with a split / cracked bed rail. And am I having issues. The delivery guys were nice, and called it in. This happened in January 2008. A new bed rail (and slats there were never sent) were to be delivered.

Since mid-January 2008, I've visited the store twice, and called about 6 times to get an eta on delivery. NO RETURN CALL - NO ANSWER - EVER. They have my money. They are ignoring me. I will never buy from Levin again. I will continue to spread the word of their horrible service until this is resolved.

Levin Furnituredo not deal with them

nolevin Sep 29, 2010

I think you need a selection choice of "Strongly, Strongly, Absolutely Agree" . This company is a nightmare!

Levin Furnituredisappointing service

My husband and I purchased two couches from Levin just before Christmas of 2008. When we received the couches, we noticed very quickly that we were sinking into them an unusual amount. They were not the same quality as the showroom couches. After about a dozen phone calls, beginning in early January, and 3 visits by Chuck the furniture repair man, we are still in possession of 2 awful couches, now with new cushion inserts. (This was not the problem.) It is July of 2009. I call DAILY to check the status of our claim. I talk to the store manager, not the service manager, as the one in the Levin store in Robinson Township knows NOTHING about professionalism. He actually said to my husband, "What am I supposed to do with 2 used couches?" and other classics such as, "I gave you new cushion inserts, what more do you want?" Today I spoke to a new service person. She informed me that the next step is to have the store pick them up and take them to the shop to be service if they feel it is needed. Something tells me they will find the couches "just fine." This will be resolved if it means calling them every day. When it is, I guarantee I will NEVER buy from Levin's again.

• Ga
                            Gangaramphuyel Sep 02, 2018

My name is Ganga ram Phuyel. Before one of your employees come to my home and put the color but now that color tearing down. Can you fix it or replace it.
                            My phone number is [protected]

Ganga R. Phuyel

• To
                            Toniette Wise Sep 30, 2019

Arm is peeling because it's broken so y'all need to fix it that's why I paid for insurance..