Les Schwab Tire Centercompany logo

Les Schwab Tire Center

Les Schwab Tire Center

Learn how the rating is calculated

2 164 complaints
32 resolved 132 unresolved

Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more

Les Schwab Tire Center Go to website

Les Schwab Tire Center reviews & complaints 241 - 164

Les Schwab Tire Center complaints 164

Les Schwab Tire Center - bad customer service

In the past they did a good job aligning my Corvette so I went in to talk to them about tires for my Lexus. They said they couldn't get original tires but had some as good but cheaper ($80) with a 30 day return policy. I tried them for 3 days and they were awful, howling all the time on the road. I took them back and told them I should get the original tires somewhere else. They said they'd give me the Tire Rack price $143 each)on some tires that were quieter and better. I tried these for a week and they didn't howl but had a constant humming sound so I took them back.

The manager told me I could buy tires elsewhere and bring back the ones I had just bought or I could have them shipped to Les Schwab and they would put the new ones on. I called America's Tire Store but decided it would be easier for Les Schwab to do the work and had tires shipped to them. After they put them on, they charged me $170 ($42.50/tire) for mounting and balancing. They had only charged $12.50 when it was their tires! So I ended up having to pay an extra $120 because I didn't buy the tires from them. I could have saved that money if I had bought the original ones from America's Tire store...so it was basically a $120 ripoff.

The manager seemed like a nice guy but it's apparent that they decided to rip me off once they found out that I wasn't going to buy tires at their store. I brought this up to him and he agreed that he should have told me the price ahead of time and I could have saved the money by buying at America's Tire Store. This turned a decent experience into a bad one. The 30 day return policy sounds good until you have to pay a lot more for their services if you don't buy their tires---in this case over $120.

And they don't have very good tires either. I wanted quiet summer tires and they kept putting on All Season tires. I was later told that they couldn't get the original tires I wanted because they were on back order (though I got them from Tire Rack in 2 days) but I'd have waited if they had told me this in the first place. Obviously, they just wanted to sell me their brand of tire to make a higher profit. When this didn't happen, they just decided to charge me extra.

Les Schwab Tire Center - poorly done battery installation

Marysville Washington Les Schwab has ruined me for ever to purchase anything further from this company! I have done business with Les Schwab over the years having purchased tires, brakes, shock absorbers and now this battery.

I made an appointment with the Marysville Washington Les Schwab to have the battery replaced. I arrived before the due time and was told that it would be just a few minutes, this was important to me because I had a doctors appointment in a little over an hour. During the next hour and a half I would ask about the status of my vehicle about every half hour and be told that it was just about ready (repeatedly told that it was just about ready).

Needless to say I missed my doctors appointment fortunate for me they did not charge me for the missed appointment and where able to reschedule the appointment for the next day.

But the real problem came when I got home and raised the hood to check the battery. These so called professionals had replaced the battery with one that was not a match to the one that was original equipment. They had to cut off the existing cables to replace the original connectors there by shortening the battery cables. Then replaced those connectors with larger connectors (charging extra what to me seemed to be a high price for connectors), there is no plastic cover for the positive battery terminal, and the negative cable was so short no that the cable pulled out because it had not been tightened down adequately and the battery soon went dead.

Fortunately I am mechanically inclined enough, have the right tools and a battery charger to were as I could get the battery recharged, positive terminal covered and reposition the battery in its cradle so that the short battery cables had adequate length.

I will never again purchase anything from Les Schwab.

Les Schwab Tire Center - overpriced

Its Christmas eve. The 84 month batteries I paid way too much for 12 months ago left me stranded. Where are they when you need the emergency service they brag about? I am so ***! These people push...

Les Schwab Tire Center - loose lug nuts

Took my truck to the Chubbuck ID. Les Schwab Tire center today for 4 new tires.

While driving to work tonight, my son and I heard a loud "clicking" noise that turned to a loud "thunking" noise. We pulled off to the side of the road to see what was making the noise.

Upon checking the tires, I found that ALL the drivers rear lug nuts were loose. I could tighten them by hand!

I called the store to see if I would get an answering maching, because it's 11:32 p.m. and I wanted to leave a well worded message for the store manager.

My family and I are driving out of town for Thanksgiving tomorrow, had I not noticed this, we could have been in a serious accident on the interstate.

Les Schwab Tire Center - really bad service

On October 23 I visited my daughter in Silverdale, I was worried about one of my tires so I took my car to Les Schwab and told them I had to drive back over the pass, (I am 83) and would they check my tires and rotate them. I left it there and told them my granddaughter would pick it up, she got there at 4:45 and the man took her to my car and said everything was fine, it was ready to go, but when she drove into the yard my grandson saw that the little spare tire was on the front and the other tire was in the trunk, we called them right away and they were closed and I had to go over the pass the next day so I went to Firestone. I had gone to Les Schwab in Elma for thirty years and now living in Yakima and they are great but this was bad.

Les Schwab Tire Center - tire repair

I have been disappointed by Les Schwab service before, but they did not do anything to harm my car. On 11/11/2010 I took my car in for a tire repair due to a nail puncture. Typically I do that repair...

Les Schwab Tire Center - can't get what you ask for

I dropped-off the front wheels and tires for my lawn mower at the Albany OR Les Schwab store and told the employee that took the tires from me and the employee at the counter inside the store that I wanted tubes installed in my tires. I gave them my name and cell phone number with instructions to call me when they were finished, this was on a Monday. By Wednesday afternoon I had not heard anything and decided to stop at the store while I was passing through Albany. After some searching and a phone call the lady at the counter found the paperwork for my tires and I was not a happy camper when I was told they didn't put tubes in my tires they put some type of liquid sealer and charged me $14.99.

While I was Inside making it very clear I was not happy with the sealer in my tires, someone loaded the tires into my pickup.

I reluctantly paid $14.99 and went home. When I went to unload the tires from my pickup I discovered the tires were already flat.

I have called the store and asked for the manager but was told the manager was not in and would call me back in about a half an hour. That was about three hours ago I am going to keep trying until I speak with the store manager and if that does not get any results I will search the web for someone higher up the ladder.

Les Schwab Tire Center - no warrany honored

I have a set of 4 Toyo Observe Snow tires and rims all purchased from Les Schwab by a friend. Two of the tires fell apart and the Les Schwab employee told me they were defective. But they would not...

Les Schwab Tire Center - poor customer service

The last 5 visits to Les schwab and something was either not done right or broken on my wifes and my vehicles. They put the wrong brake calipers on my wifes suv and we ran it for 6 months with brake shudder until we called them and they said they installed the wrong parts. I had my tires swapped to winter tires and they didnt get the balance right so i had to take it back to have them rebalanced the next day. My last 3 visits to a les schwab yielded broken studs on my vehicle that they did not tell me about and when i picked up the vehicle I had to go tell them Hey why do I have broken studs on my car and you did not call or come out up front about it? This will be the last set of tires I buy from them. They always fix their foul ups after they are caught and never own up to the problem that they have poor quality control. I never see the smile or a friendly face at the local les schwab. I have been a loyal customer for 28 years but in the last year i have lost my respect for them.

Les Schwab Tire Center - overpricing

I went to my local Les Schwab to have two tires mounted and balanced.

After paperwork was finished the installer came and said it would be

an additonial $30.00 because the tires were not purchased from them.

The day before I had 4 non Les Schwab tires mounted and balanced and

there was no extra charge because I bought them from some one else.

First off they do not sell the type I bought to match the rears that

they mounted and blanced with no extra charge, and if they could order

them it would take a few days.

L

Les Schwab Tire Center - never go there

My car is a Honda CRV. In August of 2010 I bought a tire from Les Schwab at another location on Florin Road. They were great and put the tire on my right rear side of the car quickly. On September 11, 2010 I popped my left rear tire. So I took it to the Elk Grove Les Schwab to try to fix. They couldn't fix it. They wouldn't sell me 1 tire to match the other tire I had purchased just a few weeks before at another Les Schwab. They told me that they would only change my tires if I replaced all 4 tires. All 4 tires didn't need to be replaced! The front 2 tires had been replaced 3 months before. The right rear tire was replaced at another Les Schwab a few weeks before. Did I mention that I had a sprained wrist from putting on my spare right beforehand? I called around and both Firestone and Cost co were happy to replace my left rear tire, as long as I replaced the right one as well to keep it even. I didn't have a problem with this because my right tire is now my spare. But Les Schwab didn't even offer me this option! They tried to bully me into buying and replacing all 4 tires! I'm appalled that Les Schwab left me in a situation where I couldn't buy 1 other tire to match the tire I had already purchase at Les Schwab. Also, my owner's manual says that 2 tires can be replaced at a time on my Honda CRV. I will be making a complaint to corporate, a complaint on yelp, here, and to the Better Business Bureau and telling everyone I know about my horrible experience. I will never go to Les Schwab again!!!

Les Schwab Tire Center - rip off

Took My 05 Honda Element in for brakes thinking that Les Schwab would be cheaper than the dealer. I had just taken my Jeep unlimited to the dealer and it cost me $285 for brakes. Well to my surprise when the sales person called me he said it would be $900! What???? When I questioned him he rudely said apparently you don't know how we change brakes here. He said they Replace everything if it needs to be replaced or not. WOW! if there are people out there that fall for that scam, then they deserve what they get. Ripped Off.

I have been going to Les Schwab, Folsom CA for 10 years. I use to compare prices and they were always one of the lowest. Since they are close to home, I started getting tires from them without comparing prices.

They were doing a brake job and I got two new tires. Big mistake. $350 for two tires. I only had one choice for high milage tires. I went to Americas Tires and the equivalent tires were $220. Two thirds the price. It was my mistake for not comparing prices but i will never go to Les Schwab again. Americas had a large selection of brands, milage and everything else. Les Schwab had about 3 choices total for the size I needed.

I also compared Costco. They had one choice and a 6 hour wait for the price of $330

D

I will never buy tires from Les Schwab again. I continued to buy the same low profile tires because a Les Schwab sales person told me that I would have to buy new rims if I was wanted standard tires (not low profile). This is not true. Keeps me buying tires every 4-6 months. Flat after flat and warranty doesnt count. The last time I got a flat on my way to work in tears because as a single mom could not afford new tires every 4-6 months they still never recommended that I switch to a regular tire.

Les Schwab Tire Center - innapropriate customer service

I was in at the Less Schwab store in Toledo, Oregon this morning.

The manager became upset over the remounting of a trailer tire.

He gave me the "finger" and told his help to "unmount" the tire, they weren't going to finish the work.

I left.

We have purchased tires from Les Schwab tire centers for years and the same store has gotten the bulk of our business. We have never been "fortunate" enough to receive this kind of treatment from this particular establishemnt and will certainly think twice before we do business with them again.

Just thought others should be aware of their business "practices".

Les Schwab Tire Center - rip off artists

My son-in-law works for Les Schwab Tires, I have 7 vehicles. I have tried to give Les Schwab my business for the past 8 years and the service has been horrible, even with family members working...

Les Schwab Tire Center - charged for item pulled from trash

On 03/29/10, I ended up stranded in Ashland, OR with a flat tire at 5:30 am. After AAA came they referred me to the local Les Schwab listed above. Upon inspecting the tire, it was determined a...

Les Schwab Tire Center - they called 911 on me!

I went to this store to have a tire fixed. The tire was off the car and was on the floor in the back of my SUV. I asked the lady at the counter how long it would take and the woman at the counter (who was the only one at the counter) said no more than 20 minutes. I showed her where I was parked just outside the front door and told her that I would be waiting in the car. She asked for the keys to the car which was unnecessary under the circumstances but gave them to her anyway. Within about 5 minutes a worker came to the vehicle and took the tire.

After 35 minutes had gone by, I went back into the store. There was no one at the counter. I waited about 2 to 3 minutes and then began looking for a call button of some kind. There was none and no ringing mechanism on the door to announce the arrival of a customer either coming in or going out. I noticed that there was a phone on the counter which had no indication that it was for employee use only. On the phone was a button that was labeled "PAGE", so I picked up the receiver, pushed the button, and said, "Would someone please come to the front counter...thank you" and hung up.

Because I had done that, they called the life threatening ONLY number 911! They claimed they had an unruly customer and needed an officer to respond to the store.

Nothing happened and I honestly could not believe they had done that!!

I am in the process of filing a law suit over this matter and I will NEVER go to a Les Schwab dealership EVER AGAIN!

You're claims are absurd, they called 911 because you paged for help to the counter? I have to believe there is a lot more to this story than you are letting out. Good luck with the lawsuit!

Les Schwab Tire Center - bad review

Years ago I took my 1991 Suzuki Samurai for a brake check cause the pedal did not feel right... They told me the front was ok and all

they needed to do was take a screww off the back to get drums off but noooooooo. I then had the notion to take it to somwhere else and the rotors and drums were so bad that I told them to pack it up and I went to

get the whole set of braks and etc and had my brother do them now the pedal is firm and now stop correctley and this brake check was originally done at the milwaukie, OR store.

Without going in to specifics, Randy fixed my wheel problems in an excellent manner. I commend him and his workers for their attitude and excellent work on a difficult problem. Randy gets the best compliments I can give.

Your west valley store in Utah should change it's logo ...To nickel and dime you to death...Forget About doing the right thing!.

Beware of hub bolt over-tightening on wheels. The boy tightened the bolts with power tool but when he went to use the torque wrench it was already beyond torque amount. Appeared it was just a show. I had a flat and could not get the bolts off!! 100ft lbs? I know speed is important but not at the cost of quality.

Was told my truck would be done 11:30 it is now 1:10 complained to store manager he became very rude and argumentative like wanting to have a standoff in store with me .They say their motto our business is earning your trust that's complete [censored] they do t do the right thing or stand behind what they claim to!

T

Don't get ripped off at Les Schwab in South Jordan, Ut. They put on the crappiest brakes ever and charged enough for them! After continually having to go in and try to have them adjusted, we took the car somewhere else to find out they installed the most inferior brakes possible and charged a ton for them! My new teenage driver had to put his foot to the floor to stop and the stopping time was very long. Not what you want for your new driver! DON'T GO THERE! They also lost a hubcap and the tire caps. The alignment was not correct either!

On Aug 8th I was traveling and had a nail in my tire we stopped at Les Schwab in Logan Utah and they just plugged it, that is no way to fix a tire, a plug will come out just like a nail and cause possible serious damage maybe even death. it ended up costing me 50.00 to replace. They could not fixed the brand new tire Les Scwab ruined I will be informing the BBB and get Gephardt on the SLC UT news. We will be sure to let all of our family and friends know of this incident.

Les Schwab Tire Center - poor service

My wife had a flat tire on her 2002 Taurus, she had tripple AAA change it.

The person that looked at them said that all 4 tires needed to be replaced

because they were rotten.

She took it to Les Schwab and had them put 4 new ones on the car.

It was raining when it was done, and when I opened the trunk a few days later it had a considerable amount of water in it and was stating to smell musty.

The problem I have is the spare tire was just thrown in and not put away.

Also there was a sign out front that advertised FREE BEEF, I was never offered free beef.( I'm not going to go hungry without it, its the principle)

I have dealt with Les Schwab since the 60's but no more.

The store is located on Regal St. in Spokane Washington.

Les Schwab Tire Center - bad service

Have had several bad experinces with the Windsor ca Les Schwab. Took the daughters car for tires and alignment. Told the service advisor I needed a 4 wheel alignment. Came back and they had done a 2 wheel alignment. I asked why and the advisor said the rear was not adjustable. I insisted it was and explained that I worked on Volvos for 30+ years. He argued with me and said the computer showed it was not adjustable. I told him to put it up on the lift and I would show him. After that excercise he said I would have to bring it back the next day for alignment. Set a time. I arrived 15 minutes late and was told I would have to bring it back the next day!!. I explained it was not my fault the work was not done properly the first time and I would leave the car until the end of the day. Came back and the alignment was done. Several months later my daughter ran over something while driving on the freeway and the tire blew out. AAA put the spare on and I took it back to Les Schwab Windsor. Same service advisor. Was told the tire was driven while flat and I would have to purchase a new tire even though I had road hazard. We argued and he was not going to give in. Rather than giving them anymore of my money I went to another tire store and had the tire replaced. Never going to LS again.

E

Went to Moscow Les Schwab on the 25th of Nov. and told them I needed new brakes & rotors. They didn't have the parts but called the Lewiston Store and they said they could have them there Friday A.M. Made appt. and come friday a.m. dropped of my truck for repairs. They called me two hours later and said the parts didn't come in. So I went and picked up the truck and they said they had orderd the parts from Spokane and would be in on Tues. Made new appt. for wed. a.m. After sitting in the waiting room for over an hour, they called me back and said they only received half of the parts!! They called the Lewiston store again and said they could have the rest of the parts in Moscow by 1 pm. So I left once again and had to come back at 2 pm that same day to get the work done. I have a full time job and I'm trying to get my boss to understand that I'm not out screwing off just to get out of work. And to make things even worse the employees just laughed and made jokes that they had such a hard time getting the parts in. I told them that I would not do business with them ever again and I am letting all my friends and family know what kind of treatment I received. I'm so pissed, I could spit nails!!

Les Schwab Tire Center - scam

After agreeing to do an alignment and bend back bent rim, I was called on the phone and informed that the car needed a new rim, aka rim couldn't be bent back. Theprice was given around $70. Get...

1  ...  6 7 8 9