Legacy Collect CallsUnreasonably charged

On September 11, 2011 I needed to make an emergency phone call and did not have change to use a payphone. I dialed *22 under the impression that I could charge the amount to use the payphone with an area code of (219), using my debit card. The rate to use this service was not listed anywhere on or near the payphone nor was a rate given when I made the phone calls. I made three phone calls - all of which were exactly under one minute. After checking my bank statement I noticed I was charged $20.94 each for two phone calls to a (773) area code and $20.44 for calling a (219) telephone number. I was charged a total of $62.32. I am in disbelief that it is legal for a company to charge such a outstanding rate. I have emailed legacy seeking reimbursement. I am currently awaiting a response.

• Wi
    William Ring Aug 07, 2016

I am appalled that many government agencies (as well as many telephone companies) have allowed Legacy to offer their services on public phones within their jurisdictions. Legacy is nothing but a scam and having their information messages on public pay phones on government property is a disgrace.