Menu
Lease Finance Group [LFG]
reviews & complaints

Lease Finance Group [LFG]
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

106 complaints
38 resolved 68 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Lease Finance Group [LFG]. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
A
12:42 pm

Lease Finance Group [LFG] - I closed my bus./account 2 years ago they just charge my acc. $50

In 2004 the FIRST month with this company they lost over 38 thousand dollars in cc sales and debits.It took 8 months to get all but $53.00 back in my account.4 year lease. 2008 canceled my lease and mailed the equipment back. We shortly closed the business.Had to keep the business account for direct withdraws for existing loans.2 years 2 months later they just took $50.00 out, no reason/explanation from the 800#. 5 times I called I was put on hold, disconnected and given the run around. They finally gave me a complaint EMAIL address. I should have known from the beginning but I was locked in. I did email with NO response.Didn't really expect one

J
May 28, 2012 9:59 pm

I closed my business 10/2007, sent the equipment back and they refused to acknowledge receipt of it. I sent letters, spent much time on the phone, holding and talking with their representatives. Now, going forward almost 5 years they are threatening a suit against me.
When other merchants would try for my business, offering to buy out my contract, they wouldn't touch this one. Was paying around $53/month for 4 years. I think the unit cost around $300 - and now this new company has been brought in - Pushpin Holdings LLC and they want $1253.60 - threatening me to pay court fees, attorney fees, etc.
How do we know if this a scam?

Mar 07, 2011 9:59 pm

We did business with Lease Finance through mid 2007. On 2.1.2011 they took $50 from our account also. I caught it right away as I often check our account online. I called Lease Finance and was told a letter was sent. We did not receive the letter so I requested a copy be faxed, which it was. The letter is dated 2.7.2011, 6 days after the money was withdrawn from our account. The letter explains there was an audit showing we had not paid all the taxes and related filing costs for the equipment we leased for 2006 & 2007. Additionally, the woman I spoke with @ Lease Finance was rude. Wish I had checked the Chicago Better Business Bureau before doing business with Lease Finance, they've got quite a file of complaints!

L
3:37 pm

Lease Finance Group [LFG] - fraud

summit merchant solutions set me up with lease finance group llc, Oct. 21, 2009 I canceled service with them 11-17-09 and returned the credit card machine to them. lease finance group kept withdrawing money from the company bank account. after numerous phone calls and faxes to the company for them to stop, I closed the bank account 12-2010. Then the harrasing phone calls poured in at work and home, plus they're sending bills to both address's. How is it so EASY to SCAM, FRAUD & UNDERMINE people and get away with it? I have also filed a complaint with the Office of consumer affairs against Lease finance Group.

J
Jul 20, 2010 9:59 pm

I was the bookkeeper for 4Wheel Custom, because I took all the calls regarding money, LFG attached my name to the machine. When 4wheel Custom went of out business LFG changed the name on the account to mine. The machine has been sent back some 3 years ago, but they continue to call me and send me letters. Not even calls from the owner of 4Wheel Custom or his attorney have any effect. I just received a bill for $4371.64 and was informed that I was in default of MY lease agreement. I called them back and told them once again that I was not the owner of the account, LFG says I am. What do I do. I was only suppose to be the contact person.

H
Sep 23, 2013 9:59 pm

I got shock. I am the only one got robbed by that so call company. Who can help us . Complain can not help nothing. Do something .

Jun 21, 2013 9:59 pm

there was so many people complained about Leas finance group, i do not know how many their have had to undergo bad things that LFG LLC abused their . i m also one of htem, victim of liar, heartless LFG.
please stop them, shut down their business, to me LFG as modern terrorists.they all are the Devil. LFG are liars, they give huge benefit to some company of credit card processing, from that they are as stick together cheat, lie, ...people do business and almost people speak English very limited. Why until now LFG still here to continue cheating around?. what did they do on me, is as the same what many people have had contract with them, it is terrible and nightmare. million times i told to myself that < you are in American, you will be protected by law.>

5:21 am

Lease Finance Group [LFG] - equipment lease

In September of 2009, a guy named, Shawn Wallace, representing Merchant Services visited me at my deli and told me that his company will give me $1, 500 for switching my credit card processor and will give me the machine for free that will work with DSL connection and there would be no contract. It sounded too good to be true but he showed me the paperwork to prove that. I, unfortunately, trusted the guy and signed the paperwork. A few days later I got the paperwork in the mail from Lease Finance Group stating that I signed up a 4-yr. contract. I tried to contact LFG but to no vain. Now, they're taking me to a court in New York (I live in Kansas), I want to sue this company bad! And wish to see SHAWN WALLACE behind bars

V
2:35 am

Lease Finance Group [LFG] - is a scam; lfg is scammer and lier

I Signed 4 years contract with the salesman who offered lower check and credit card processing fees. Weeks later found out that salesman lied to me about the lease, service and fees. Now i am stuck with the terminal for 5 years and pay monthly $75 for 4 years. Terminal worth may be not more than $200. Scam Artist……This is complete lie and DON'T DEAL WITH THEM. THEY SHOULD NOT BE IN THE BUSINESS AT ALL...STOP THEM

A
7:27 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Lease Finance Group [LFG] - they will charge you forever!

This company said I was on a 48 month lease for this nurit credit card machine... Then it would be mine (If I had only known these are about $200 to purchase outright)! They have charged me over $6000 for a broken down machine I stopped using 5 years ago... You cannot reach them by phone... Had to end up stopping their automatic drafts thru my bank..., do not do business with lfg lease finance group... They are crooks!

2:05 pm

Lease Finance Group [LFG] - scam artist

I was looking for a merchant account and came across a company that came out to my home and sold me equipment. Everything was fine with the merchant but I started having problems with the company that leased my credit card machine, Lease Finance Group LLC. I first started having problems with this company when I went to change my bank. I called Lease...

C
10:18 am

Lease Finance Group [LFG] - say they have not received equipment and I owe more money

Closed my business in May 2008, returned credit card debit machine and printer. Calling constantly for monthly payments which are paid up to date. Today I asked how much I owe and they told me a ridiculous amount and said they had not received the equipment back. i do have courier bill to prove it was sent back. They are rude and pushy. DO NOT RENT FROM THEM.

Update by Carole Parker
Sep 13, 2010 10:19 am

Frustrated

6:18 pm

Lease Finance Group [LFG] - non-cancellable contract

I signed up with USMS for credit card processing. The representative, who approched me spoke of transaction fees, benefits, a three year contract, monthly fees. He did not tell me that he was representing two different companies: US Merchants Systems and Lease Finance Group. He did not tell me that the contracts were automatically renewed for one year and...

12:38 pm

Lease Finance Group [LFG] - rip off

I leased a credit card machine at a userous rate. The lease expired last Nov. I tried to find where to send the equipment back to an how to cancel the lease, however, I was unable to reach anyone via phone. The phone rang and a machine picked up and no one ever answered. I sent a fax in January requesting information on where/how to end this. I received no reply till June and they are billing 725.00 for a machine that is valued at less than 100.00. What can I do? I see no dollar amount on the lease for equipment buy out.

Dec 24, 2010 9:59 pm

They also have many other comopanies inside they use as well, here' s their collections department, if you ask the LFG agent if they are also Northern Leasing he will tell you "yes". They have offices all over the USA... here's a couple of companies they own or are associated with...I was behind, made a payment, told them not to withdraw any more due to it being my rent and sent a blank voided check to start payment automatically again to catchup on the last friday of november this year as I promised and they withdrew two unauthorized payments from my bank account that following Monday and Tuesdaycausing me problems!...I called my bank and blocked the two payments luckaly. They wanted me to fill out a blank lease extention sent to me through the email. Im glad I didnt. I filed a complaint with the NC Attorney General's office for receving 5 to 6 calls a days from LFG office personel, I had one person handling my account for a long time and had no problems until he took sick or my account was sent to their collections department. I was contacted the following day by the LFG agent. This lady was niceer than many I have spoken with, she asked if I would allow the two payments to be made and I would be brought current and owe nothing past due. I agreeded. I got a letter back from the attorney general stating they sent LFG a letter, I called LFG to ask about my next payment and the agent said my account had been terminated as of that evening and I was to be notified, I told him about Northern leasing and he said they were Northern Leasing also!...Im waiting to see what will happen next as they dont have any bank account information any longer after I refused to send them a voided check from my new account. Get New Bank account and tell them you will send a monwey order and they squirm and beg you to do a direct ACH from your account...Dont do it and file a complaint with your attorney general...here's some more addresses and names to look for:

1st Data Services they setup these long term loans with offers of laptops and website, and credit card machine s etc...for 70.60 a month for 36 months ( This is how I got sucked
in).
A website gateway is also provided by 1st Data Services and you also sign a contract for 36 months through Card Services International or just Card Services...Both affiliated with LFG these cost 30.00 and 39.95 extra per month to handle your credit card and gateway account. you are also charged by 1st Data Swervices a 250.00 software owner-rights fee for a lifetime
The Credit Card machine is sent to you from 1st Data Servoces but leased by LFG - Lease Finance Group, also Lease Finance Group International, you are patched through to Florida where a another company handles the credit card machine software. There are dozens of phone numbers and departments all over tha USA and High priced lawyers in New York.
Northern Leasing is the other agency inside LFG that does the collections and other unsavory things to your bank acocunt and credit score...

LFG LLC 1st Data Services 1st Data Services Cardservice International LLC
60 E Wacker Place Suite 510 PO Box 5180 Denver Co 5251 Westheimer Road
Chicago, Il 60601 Cimi Valley, Ca 93062 Houston, TX [protected]

2:21 pm

Lease Finance Group [LFG] - won't terminate expired lease

This company would like to continue to bill for an expired and cancelled contract.

As of today they say I have two accounts past due.

One expired Nov 2009 and it was confirmed that it would not be renewed back in 2007 because the
machine and processing did not work and the sales rep got me another machine that worked
sporatically.

The second machine was returned for servicing with a letter of cancellation/do not renew contract.
I gave LFG the tracking number and address I was advised to send it to.

When processing sales when the machine double billed the client I was charged for double processing and
then another fee for reversing their mistat4e. The double billing did not even show up on the daily
batch report but would show up on the end of month report. The machine never worked on a regular
basis.

They say they have passed my account on to collection. After I just paid a lease for 4 years on a machine that never worked and I paid the lease on until 2 months ago. That lease was up in November 2009.

The sales reps employer has a problem with him and he no longer works for them.

Oct 28, 2010 9:59 pm

Lawrence, Please keep me informed as to what you end up doing. They say they are taking me to court in NY. I live in CO but will fly back there if necessary to fight this. We closed our business down in March and sent back the machine which they sold to us saying our other machine would not work. It was the same exact machine! Any lawsuit against them I would love to be a part of.

Rob
[email protected]

L

I am currently documenting a case of over-billing by Lease Finance Group. Our lease terminated several months ago and we followed the deceptively hidden "end of lease terms" found in fine print on the reverse side of the lease contract. However, Lease Finance Group continues to bill us each month and the balance due is increasing. They do not answer our correspondence and it is clear that their intention is to defraud. Our intention is to build a solid case and sue Lease Finance Group for a variety of issues including, but not limited to mail fraud, harassment, and elder abuse. It might be an advantage to build a class action suit out of the mass of allegations of wrong-doing perpetrated by Lease Finance Group. Should the court rule in our favor we would have the pleasure of seeing this dishonest enterprise punished for illegal behaviors and members of the class stand to be deservedly well compensated for damages.

I have an attorney who will represent my case against Lease Finance Group as soon as I give him the go ahead. His advice to me at this point is to cease from contacting Lease Finance Group further, wait to see their next moves, and proceed accordingly.

Though I am sure that we are all individually intimidated by Lease Finance Group because of the expense and time involved in defending ourselves, perhaps together as a group we can even the odds and overwhelm them as we should. It is dishonest companies like Lease Finance Group that contribute to the destruction of small businesses. We have enough challenge without the added burden of thieves stealing that which we have worked hard to earn. It is time to strike back.

I
5:07 pm

Lease Finance Group [LFG] - scams

Yes. Lease Finance Group will take your money. They are billing me for a machine I don't even have and made my credit score look awful. They want $5000 for a $99 terminal! CRAZY!

Mar 15, 2011 9:59 pm

I have been caught In the same trap. I was just starting a garment business. It was the type of business where people could pay three hundred dollars to come into the buusiness to build thier home base business. I had a few ladies who were interested but did not have the three hundred dollars. I was contacted by a salesman from the Leasing company. He came in the name of a pastor. He would preach to us ladies over the phone. He convinced me that if I give him the name of the customers he would do the sales pitch and get them to sign up, but I would need this credit card machine so they could pay as they could afford by credit card. I purchased the machine. Two customers made a purchase by check to purchase a garment. I finally learned how to operate the Machine. I processed the checks through the machine. when the checks cleared two weeks later, two other companies had taken money from those checks plus my bank account. I had to make up the difference so I could order their garments. I sent the machine back to the company. I am paying $107.54 each month for a machine I don't have. They call every month bugging me about they have not recieved the payment.

May 12, 2010 9:59 pm

hey gay's it is very rude and unexseptable these tricks we have to areange a "publication lawsuit"
we have quite alot of material and people complaning.
i think we should start with "public consumers comlaint" for public misleading
this tricks of the big matchant companies have to exposs and be publict.
pleas if ther is some people that have been felled to this net contact me we can get ar mony back.
publication lawsuit work very good against these misleading contracts and tricks
email: [email protected]

0 0

Lease Finance Group [LFG] - demanding money even though lease agreement has ended... extremely rude employees-threatening my credit status

This "business" needs to be shut down. I am one of several small business owners who have complaints with them. Why are they still in business? They have an 'f' rating with the bbb, several pages of complaint sites on the internet, yet they get away with ripping off people every day?
My lease was up at the end of december, 2009. I get constant phone calls saying I still owe the money because I was still in "possesion" of the credit card machine. I sent back the machine... Now I am getting phone calls still... Saying I owe them even more money. It started out at around $150.00... Today's phone call... I owe them $205.00.

I have asked them to quit calling. They do not. I tried talking with one of their employees, explaning to them that our lease has ended. I said "no wonder your company has a rating of an' f' with the bbb. He told me this:"your credit rating is going to be an "f' here in a minute.
This company and it's employees have got to go.

E
12:40 pm

Lease Finance Group [LFG] - Unauthorized ACH withdrawals from my account

I had a short lease of credit card machines from these folks in 2000. they misrepresented their fees, and performance. I cancelled the lease, and returned the equipment...with a "Return Goods Authorization" number from them, and the use of their FedEx account. A few months passed and they started harrassing me for payment, saying our lease never cancelled...

12:31 pm

Lease Finance Group [LFG] - has to be stopped

I received an ACH Bank Draft from my Business checking account on February 2, 2017 for $400.81. I called my bank for details then called LFG. I was told by LFG that charge was for a terminated Contract for credit card equipment in 1998. I don't even remember doing business with LFG. We bought our own Credit Card equipment back in the 90's.

Their rep said they have a contract that gave them the right to withdraw funds, but to this date can't produce it. I demanded they return the money and was told that wasn't going to happen.

My bank says they can't do anything for me. I am in the process of filing a complaint with the States Attorney. When I told the States Attorney who debited my account without authorization, they were already familiar with LFG.

After reading all of these posts, I am convinced that I need to close my bank account in order to prevent any future debits.

Dec 29, 2009 9:59 pm

LFG located at N Michigan Ave Suite 1800 in Chicago IL 60601. Sam Buono is their VP and doesn't repsond to clients. I did get a response by by Sam Buono at LFG only after reporting them to Chicago Better Business Bureau.

LFC has been ripping people off since 1985. They ripped me off in 2017 when an independent agent lied about what the Nurit pin pad can do. I signed a non-cancelable lease for four years renting a $100 pin pad for $45 a month for four years. I admit I made a fundamental error in believing a salesperson and signing the Lease. I am writing this complaint only to warn future small business from these deceptive and unethical practices. I am stuck with what I signed.

I left several phone messages and emails but did not receive a response. LFG stated they never received any phone calls from me. I don't believe LFG when they said no phone calls from me were made. After all why believe an unethical company who rips people off?

They charged me $41 local county tax on a $100 pin pad. I pay $200 on $35, 000 equipment for the same county tax. I contacted LFG by email and phone asking why their version of my county tax was so high and requested proof they actually paid such a high tax. Again no response.

Please do not do any business with LFG.

Lease Finance Group [LFG] - bad business

I had started a small salon & spa, I was Contacted one day by a Man who Rep. himself working for Chase bankof America with A fake bus.card and fake letter heading on the Paper work I signed only to find this out the next day when I called Chase who said we dont have any one who works for us with that name .so then the fees started coming out of my acct, so I closed my Checking acct then I got Phone calls and letters I was very mad, But being a new Bus, I didnt want anything to look bad so I tried to just pay them off. I called 3 diff #s and none of them work? so the Letters have stopped But now theres a judgement out for more money Then the lease that I have copy of Are they a Bad business Yes I do Think So Please be careful of Fraud its cost me alot to fight this and I feel You should all know .

Sep 16, 2009 9:59 pm

I have also been screwed by this company. My business is closed and we are on welfare because of the economy. They refuse to let us out of the contract although we cannot pay.

I have just reported them to the Federal Trade Commision, the Attorney General of IL and FL. We will see what happens.
I think we need to get a class action suit going on.

May 05, 2010 9:59 pm

I have written the New York, New York FBI in regards to this company, they moved from Chicago last year because of the numorous complaints filed. i suggest you do the same.

S

Better get a copy of your credit. They probably sent in "slow pay" or "no pay."
Then you'll be really messed up.

This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Lease Finance Group [LFG] - reporting I still owe and was late fighting for 4 years!!

In 2006 my lease ended with these guys. I made my final payments which THEY MISPLACED. I finally spoke with Parissa Tadayon who solved the problem and closed my lease. Now they have been reporting that to all three credit agencies that I still owe them $250 and I was late on my payments. When I call they are rude, nasty, and hidious people. They tell me I...

11:55 am

Lease Finance Group [LFG] - unauthorized bank drafts

When I began with this wireless credit card machine I purchased it through another company. I was told it was a two year contract. I closed (by telephone) my account two years ago. They continue withdrawing money out of my account for $45. each month. So add up that amount they have received from me...UNAUTHORIZED. Over the last month, I have tried several...

2:22 pm

Lease Finance Group [LFG] - thieves

this company took $4500 out of my account for a lease of a credit card machine. i didn't even know i was doing bussiness with this company. the representative of the credit card company omitted to tell me. the credit card company "summit merchant solutions" refuse any connection with lease finance group but of course they do bussiness with them and their sale reps sell lease finance group products too. they are in the scam together. and they are very very predatory. do not- for any reason- do not do any bussiness with these companies

V
Dec 07, 2010 9:59 pm

I DID JOINED Facebook... thanks for creating a group

Lease Finance Group [LFG] - automatic withdrawals

Lease#173429
My cafe was closed temporarily in october and I have not worked since october 1st, 2009. I know I made an agreement with the leasing company to withdraw their money from my bank account. But since october I have not put any money into the account and after numerous times emailing the company to stop all transactions they continue to try to receive money from an account that has no money in it. They need to stop all withdrawals so that I can close the account. I will be getting another account in another bank but not bank of america. And because of them debiting my account the bank is charging me a fee which is not right. So as of wednesday february24, I will expect to see no more transactions being made by lease financing group. Whatever amount I owe them I will pay them when I get my funds. Hopefully my cafe will be open very soon again and would like to continue with my equipment lease. I will let you know when I reopen. Okay? So please stop debiting from my acct.

May 05, 2010 9:59 pm

do not give them your new checking account number, they will debit it to death.

R

When your cafe opens please DO NOT go with lease Finance group because they are a rip off!

Lease Finance Group [LFG] - credit card processing nightmare

I am the owner of a computer repair shop in Veneta, Oregon. A little over a month ago, a representative of this company came into my office and promised me a positive experience with this company in helping me to process credit cards in my shop. Since that time, I have had nothing but headaches, and unanswered questions. I was told that I would only be charged around $50 per month, and I would be told ahead of time, what date I would be charged, so that I knew to have the funds available. That failed to happen. I was hit with charges right away into my account, resulting in several overdraft and insufficient funds fees. I made only one transaction into the account, using the machine, which funds I never got to use, because it was never available because of all the charges made by the processor, and all the subsequent over draft fee’s that were generated as a result of
these charges. Then the account continued to be hit by further charges that were unexplained to me. The representative refunded me $100 in cash out of his pocket to offset this issue, but that did not even come close to reversing the large negative balance, nor put it into the positive close to $200 where it should have been. I have called and left messages with this guy, and most of the other companies involved with this company that I no longer wish to try to work with any of these institutions in order to process credit cards. As of
yet, no one has returned any of my calls. I want this policy canceled and I feel that they have breached the contract, not me. On top of everything else, our account was just hit again today for the ridiculous amount of $667.15, putting us into the negative -$404, before further overdraft charges and insufficient funds fees! This
is after receiving a letter that they are going to charge me $769.25 with absolutely no explanation as to why I am being charged! So far i have gotten bills from 4 different companies associated with this stupid credit card machine! What the f*&%#! Lease Finance Group LLC, First American Payment Systems, Woodforest National Bank, & Merchants Choice Payment Solutions! I keep seeing things in the paperwork that also says Transtech, plus the rep had his own company name that i cant even remember now. We have gone to our Bank, and challenged all of the charges and instructed them not to allow any more charges to go through. Please tell me how to return the equipment and end this nightmare. If someone does not make this right, I am going to contact the Better Business Bureau, and any other authoritative agencies that I can find, as well as take legal action.

S
Dec 12, 2012 9:59 pm

Quick Books got me into this organization back in 2007 and had me lease the card processor from them 10/07. Jan 29th, 2008 straight-line winds destroyed our business but crazy enough the machine survived without a scratch. I called LFG LLC and told them I could and would return thee equipment as I had no business to use it with. I had to give up the business and they have continually drove me crazy since. I have made numerous attempts to settle all to no avail. I suffered 2 strokes. 1 in 2009 and the other in 2010 and now have only a meager SSID check, which they are trying to get. Lost as to what to do?

T

How do I join group ? I am still having issues with these people but have decided that I am right and I am going to fight them. THanks so much !

May 05, 2010 9:59 pm

I have written the New York, New York FBI with my complanit of a daily ACH debit on my checking account; I suggest that everyone do the same. If the FBI gets enough complaints they will investigate this company and maybe make some arrests. This company just moved from Chicago because the State was onto them.

T

UUGhhh I guess I am just stuck until Nov 2011 then. My rep told me 3 years but the 3 looks somewhat like a 5 on the tiny little contract that you are supposed to read in the middle of the crazy workday. My credit is perfect so I don't want to mess it up.

Mar 27, 2010 9:59 pm

After several months I closed my business account to stop these idiots from robbing me of $172.00 a month for zero service and several month of aggravation. The initial rep basically lied about pretty much everything pertaining to the specifics of the lease for 2 machines. Tech support was a joke. Cap limits were a lie. The equipment was so bad I shipped it back in December after three months of BS. Now it is April and they can no longer debit my closed account so what do they do? They call three times a day now. There has to be a shut off valve for these jerks. At least I am not being robbed anymore but I had to close a major business account to accomplish this feat. I have never in my entire life been so humiliated by such horrible service, lies and deception. These guys are corporate crooks at the highest level!

K

I just got off the phone with Lease Finance Group. They have attempted to remove $3017 from my account on 2/25/10. Funny thing is I don’t even remember them because I haven’t done business with them since 2001 when I closed my account. When my bank gave me their number to call they didn’t know who I was and had another name attached to my phone number and bank account number. They gave me the run around sending me to an outside agency (a collection agency) and they were confused as their records said closed as of 2001. So why the charges FRAUD! Thanks to my bank LFG can no longer get funds from my account. The bank refunded me the fees charged and they are doing a fraud check. I did further research and found Lease Finance Group is charged with Credit Card Fraud, Unauthorized Billing, Harassment and just plain Fraud. I think it’s time for a Class Action Lawsuit. What say you?

T

Hey I am needing help too...Did you ever figure out what to do ? Thanks !

Lease Finance Group [LFG] contacts