Menu
Lease Finance Group [LFG]
reviews & complaints

Lease Finance Group [LFG]
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

106 complaints
38 resolved 68 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Lease Finance Group [LFG]. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
V
7:26 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Page 1 Dear Marc Barbanell, This letter is to inform you of what my business has been experiencing over the past two weeks or so and that no business should never have to go through this ever. It all began in July 24, 2014 when my Nurit 8320 terminal machine was not working. I was told that my lease #1879141 was going to expire 9 months. The sales rep...

12:02 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Fraudulent charges and billings from lease finance group. My name is howell clark. I'm the owner of a small used car lot in cleburne texas. A couple of years ago i terminated my expired lease with both the seller of the lease (Whse. Solutions) and the equipment provider (Lease finance group) i hired a new local fort worth texas company for credit card...

W
5:11 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I signed up to sell ionized water filter machine and thought I was signing a contract to be an independant contractractor for them. Instead I and a room full of people ( about 40 at this presentation in Orlando, Fl) signed up to be duped. We were not told the paper we signed made us responsible for $4000 debt owed to lease finance Group. It was fraudulent...

Lease Finance Group [LFG] - not providing equipment that works

Scam company ! Is trying to charge me for 48 months of lease equipment without providing equipment that works. It either malfunctions, or does not get satellite reception. LFC is claiming that they do not have to provide equipment that works since I contracted for 48 months.
Any merchant considering them should NOT deal with them at all. They are also known under a couple different names. And all of their locations (includes New York and Illinois for two. )
If anyone starts a class action against this company, I do want to be included. www.cowboywaywesternstore.com

Q
1:45 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Several years ago I worked for a small business in Farmington, New Mexico. The owner of the business remained in Iowa, where we are from. While being employed there, he leased credit card machines from Lease Finance Group. When their rep dropped off the machines, the owner was in Iowa. I was asked to sign for it. By 2008, the business was disbanded, and I...

1:46 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Like others stated, was given the hard sale, and guaranteed that should our business not conduct enough credit card business that we could return the equipment no problem. Also they would send out automatic upgrades for the equipment, which they NEVER did. We did not do enough credit card business to justify the expense they were deducting out of our bank...

6:16 am EDT

Lease Finance Group [LFG] - fraud and theft

An employee from the Lease Finance Group solicited service for Credited Merchant Services to my small business. She intentionally lied and misrepresented the companies services. Also after she left she changed the contract I signed to reflect a 4 year contract. As soon as I found out the contract had been changed I tried to contact the sales person and the company directly and could not speak to either one. The neighbor next to my business was a restaurant and they had the exact same experience. I got a lawyer in Texas to help me with this situation. My business was in Conroe, TX but I have since closed it and moved to Louisiana. They have filled suite against me in Chicago, IL. They are counting on the fact that I cannot travel up there to fight this fraudulently signed contract. I have researched this company and found thousand s of other people with my exact same story. I am amazed that this company is still doing this. What can be done to stop this company that professionally scams people?
I am urging anyone who has had the same experience to report it to Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madgian http://www.illinoisattorneygeneral.gov/index.html

and to Assistant State's Attorney Sophia Lopez, Supervisor of the Consumer Fraud Unit http://www.statesattorney.org/

I
2:03 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

In August of 2010, I received a call to sign up for an EBT credit card service for our business. I was told first they would not work with me, that my husband had to sign up for this service, that I wasn't allowed to sign up for reasons untold to me. I was talked into this opportunity as I was told it would make my fairly new business grow, which was the...

E
8:50 pm EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Lease Finance Group [LFG] - no cancellation contract?!

The Lease Finance Group company is simply the worst company I have every came across hands down! Several years ago I was approached by a sales representative from that company and of course he told me everything I wanted to hear. One of those things were that the funds would be transferred into my account within one business day, and of course that was simply a lie. It took 5 days on average to get the money into my account and when I called multiple times to question about this issue no one was to be found. I have good patience but they are crossing the line now. Not only am I receiving many phone calls and intimidating letters forcing me to pay but the company is implying that I signed a NO CANCELLATION contract?!?!? Who the hell signs a contract knowing that it could never be cancelled? They scammed me and are still to this day attempting to take money out of my account without my authorization. This company is giving me nothing but headaches and I'm sure my blood pressure is rising just writing about this complaint. I've returned all the equipment as they told me to but they still charge my account with monthly fees. I've told my bank to stop all charges to my account. I've tried multiple times to resolve the issue but they never give any effort to end this situation. They constantly do not pick up their phones and they always expect me to answer theirs? Once I was informed that I " So called " signed a no cancellation contract I was outraged. They crossed the line when I found that out and it's just ridiculous! I signed a contract for 3 years but they keep insisting that I did not. How are they going to tell me what I did and did not do, simply wrong. Running out of options here but taking legal action to close their business forever would be absolutely wonderful.

Apr 17, 2012 6:14 am EDT

4:27 pm EDT

Lease Finance Group [LFG] - shut them down!

I signed this 48 month contract for this machinr through LFG that never even worked properly, but still made payments of $116 for 48 months. My contract is now up, and they are now telling me that I have to pay a buyout price for the machine. I asked to speak to a manager, and they refused to put me on with one. I tried to even pay the buyout but everytime I call they raise the price! I now have to pay a lawyer to get this resolved. They keep threatening to ruin my perfect credit. I don't understand how they are still in business with over 100 complaints. Please bring us customers some justice and shut them down!

6 comments
Jan 21, 2015 6:44 pm EST

I know how they are still in Business, My 86 year old Aunt and 82 year old Mother have been unknowingly paying $137.95 since 2005, because when they signed up for the credit terminal they gave that ripoff company their bank account number and until 6 months ago when i took over and changed accounts, then they started billing us, i could not figure out what this company was billing us for because in 2004 we changed processors, after doing my research i found out this horrible truth . Lease Finance Group has bilked these women out of $14, 000 dollars, and they are still sending me invoices for past due.UURRGGGHHH

Oct 31, 2014 4:31 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I signed a lease with them they have been charging me 55 a month when the agreement says 39.99 and my ins company sent them proof of insurance they are still charging me $4.95 a month for that. I am going to contact the attorney generals office .

Apr 17, 2012 6:15 am EDT

Nov 09, 2010 11:31 pm EST

THIS COMPANY COMMITS FRAUD!

I signed what I thought, and my copy says, was a two year agreement lease and credit card equipment that quit working almost exactly two years into the deal. I kept the equipment and they continued to charge me until this past February when, I asked them to stop charging me the monthly fee since the equipment was no longer working. LFG then claimed I signed a 48 month lease. I faxed them a copy of my lease copy. They began their threatening calls and claimed not to have gotten my fax and that I owed them for the balance of the lease $900.
I closed the checking account they had been authorized to use. Today, six months later, a charge from LFG appeared on another bank account of mine! FRAUD! But, of course, the Banks aren't too interested in protecting their customers. Like Freddy Krueger from the horror flicks, nobody seems to make these people stop ripping off their "customers'...the old term was "marks" which I think is more appropriate.

Somehow they are legitimate identity thieves who work with banks so what are we supposed to do?

I am not a retailer, so this is not easy for me to cover from other income.

PLEASE, If someone representing Lease Finance Group contacts you about leasing anything RUN THE OTHER WAY! They are worse than the street thugs in that once they get into you, you can never be rid of them, even if you pay them off.

Oct 28, 2010 5:38 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

They say they are taking me to court. Any word from your lawyer as to where you stand and if it is worth it to pay these scamers off or if we should go to court and fight?

Oct 12, 2010 4:41 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

LFG continued to charge my bank account looonng after the lease was up. I have hired an attorney to get that money back. They even took money after I had a stop-payment put on them. I'm not backing off.

9:15 pm EDT

Lease Finance Group [LFG] - scam

I was so sick and tired of LFG/Northerm leasing constance calls and letters I did it Chicago style...I drove over to there office of the guy that sold me this BS and beat the fuk out of him...And when he gets out of the hospital in the next couple of week, I'm going to have biker friends go over and put him back in the hospital...This will continue to happen 'til I get my money back...They messed with the wrong people...

3 comments
Jan 31, 2013 9:51 am EST

I was told after I shut down my business, one reason was because to them, 3 different companies come after me to pay them for thier so called serivices... 1 was a processing company that said they were responisible for my getting my info on time, I asked so you want me to pay you like $ 800 just for mailing me the transactions, so you want me to pay you for nothing ? The guy hung up on me and never was heard from again, being fear stricten I paid them ... Now I get another bill from the leasing company saying I owe them for the machine which they charged me like $350 I told them twice I would return the machine, then I was told that I couldn't return it, so I paid for the machine... Now the are sending me a letter stating that I owe them $1, 484.96 for what I don't know, then I call them to try to get it straightend out then they tell me to go get a wal-mart credit card and load it with a$265.95 so I can send it to them A.S.A.P. which my wife was going to send it to them.. We called three times trying to tell them that we are going to use this card and got a answering machine everytime leaving our number and never got a call back... Now they tell me I owe them $1, 800.00 dollars or a class action suit will be filled against me in NY, which I am in KY... Now I am on the edge of bankrupcy, and my wife lefted me because of this ... Boy are they bout to piss of an old redneck who believes in justice and revenge... They need to be stopped ...

Apr 17, 2012 6:13 am EDT

Apr 16, 2012 2:29 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I would love your help with the B that set me up with this crap too.

Lease Finance Group [LFG] - lease agreement

This same thing happened to me! I called numerous times and told them that I wanted to send the equipment back but they refused to give me the address in New York! they also wanted me to pay the balance of the lease. I have used this machine once in the 4 years I have had it and it was complicated and they charged me more than the agent told me they would. This company is predatory. Avoid them at all costs. Which is hard to do because the sales representative from the credit card processing company is the one that scams you into signing with LFG. Then they claim to have no association with the lease company. I wonder then, how did LFG get my paperwork? These people are very good at their scam with their “Non-Cancelable Lease”. What the hell is that? Who in their right mind would ever, knowingly, sign a non-cancelable lease for anything?! I, and the hundreds of other people that have fallen victim to this vermin, may be ignorant, but it is clearly a fraudulent practice. WHY HAVE THEY BEEN ALLOWED TO CONTINUE VICTIMIZING PEOPLE?!?! Please write the Illinois State Attorney General and file a complaint if you have fallen prey to this group of vile individuals.

7:40 pm EDT

Lease Finance Group [LFG] - liars and thieves

Liars and thieves
I have had the same problem with LFG, when signing the contract I was offered one thing and when I started using the credit card system, they suddenly changed certain terms and payments. After 2 years of paying, my business got really slow and I wanted to terminate the contract because I was being withdrawn from my bank each month, a fee for the Equipment and other fee for their services ... this has been a nightmare because they are allied with another company called First American Payment System, LP, and none of them want to be responsible for the lies, They make you see that you are a fool and did not understand the business. I would never recommend them.
I have evidence of what I am saying here.

Update by REINA A VALLE
Jul 06, 2011 7:44 pm EDT

I see that I am not the only one who has been cheated by this LEASE FINANCE GROUP LLC. The authorities have to do something to stop them stealing the money to decent people trying to grow in business.

6:48 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Do Not Use Lease Finance Group!!! I used them for four years, and ended my leasing agreement with them. I pulled my credit report four years later and they dinged me personally for not satisfying their leasing agreement. Now I have to prove to them that I have satisfied the agreement (which has taken two months so far). They are scam artist!!! After talking...

A
11:46 am EDT

Lease Finance Group [LFG] - rip off

I have already read many reports on Lease Finance Group at this site and would like to add my story to the growing list of people who have been ripped off by LFG. They reportedly have moved all of their offices, including the Chicago office to New York City. My contact with them has primarily been through their old Chicago office. That phone number is now diverted to New York. I need your help if you have been ripped off by LFG and would like to do something about it. I have sent them a demand letter to be followed by a filing with the small claims court here in Southern California. To help make my case, I need some witnesses to come forth. If you live in Orange County, you would be near enough to be of a help in testifying against LFG during my day in court. I will be filing my case on or shortly after May 15th, 2009 in Santa Ana, Ca. I feel unless someone starts taking these guys to court and getting some positive responses from the judges, they will continue to rip off new business owners, or those who have been in business for awhile but are taken in by their representative's lies and shady dealings when it comes to contracting with LFG. They do not care about you, the small business owner, and if you have been ripped off by them, you know what I mean. They did not make any effort to take a settlement amount of anything less than the full lease. I never used the machine that they sent and returned it to them. I tried to offer a settlement after having paid on a terminal for over a year. That is when I found out that one could be purchased on the internet for between $129 and $169 dollars, same model as LFG leased to me. They want me to pay over $3, 000 for that machine!. Anyway, I am asking for your help. I could use at least 2 to 3 certified letters stating your situation with LFG and how they dealt with you specifically. If you live in Orange County or nearby, I could use your testimony on my day in court. I've been advised that a class action lawsuit is a waste of time with them, but small claims court appearances are the way to deal with them. If they have tried to bring you to New York and you live in another state, I have been advised that you don't have to go to New York if you initiated the contract lease with them in your state. You can make them come to you. But, rather than wait for them, I am taking them to court. In my eyes, they are treacherous to work with, play games on the phone, use phony names, are rude, hang up on people, yell at us when we call in, etc. You all know what I mean. So if you can help, I would deeply appreciate it. Your story doesn't have to be too long, just provide your name, some dates, dollar amounts, how you got any differences resolved, if you did. I filed my papers with Lisa Madigan's office, but now that they have packed up and moved from Chicago, I would doubt that her office is going to be able to do much of anything. I could be wrong, but I haven't heard back from them for awhile. Thanks for reading this, if you have any court appearance feedback, I would love to hear about it, or any other advise that you have been given that may help my case with LFG.

Jan 17, 2012 5:17 am EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Hi just wondering if you did go to small claims court and what happened. I'm being sued in New York and I'm in Chicago. Don't know what to do.

5:36 pm EDT

Lease Finance Group [LFG] - additional fees charged

We entered into a lease with Lease Finance Group on 7/31/2008. The lease amount was to be $39.00 a month for 48 months, we are now being billed $42.73 a month. The total cost of the debit card pin pad was $1872.00 which is $1500.00 over what it would have cost us to purchase a debit card pin pad. But the credit card processing sale person, John Cannon from Icon Payment Solutions said we had to get this machine since it was the only one that was programmed for their system. So ok that was how it was but now the lease company keeps adding fees for sales tax, property tax, and insurance. We have the machine insured under our business and they can not tell me how they calculate the sales tax or property tax on the unit. They have charged total of $109.14 just for taxes since 7/2008. I have called and they just give me the run around and I can not talk to a supervisor as she is out of town until next week. Funny I have tried numerous time in the last 3 years and she is always out of town. I can not stress strongly enough if you are approached by Icon Payment Solution or any credit card company that wants you to lease equiment run away as fast as you can as they are all crooks and scamers. As soon as our lease is up in 15 months lease finance group will be getting their inferior quality machine back and I hope to never hear from them again. I also will never lease another peice of equipment. These companies prey on small businesses and should be hung out and dried. Does anyone know of any class action law suites again lease finance group as I would love to join and sue the heck out of them.

Jun 25, 2011 12:08 pm EDT

PLEASE TELL ME SARASWATI GROUP FINANCE LIMITED.
BUSINESS FINANCE, LEASING & CO. DETIALS INFORMATION

11:18 pm EDT

Lease Finance Group [LFG] - fraud

Watch out for this company. They claim outside sales represtatives sell thier products and if they lie it's not on them. I don't have the equipment and was cancelled within the month as promised by the salesmen. I made a couple payments still but they keep sending letters and on the phone are extremely rude. Be ware.

2 comments
Aug 29, 2009 10:24 pm EDT

We have been riped off by this company big time.
Micheal Brunet is the selling these equipment for them to people, and they get stuck with payments.they are very rude, they harras you at work at home or any phone number they have.Stay away from MICHEAL BRUNET and LFG.

I too am being ripped off ! Except for my rep was Kurt Weiland also stay away from him ! They are the rudest most abnoxious people I have ever encountered! SCAM artists... I wish everyone whom has been with company would contact the u.s Attorney General and get these people taken care of !

12:43 pm EDT

Lease Finance Group [LFG] - credit card machine lease

I have tried over several months to buy out at a descent rate the balance on my defunct credit card machine. I cannot get anyone to discuss the obsurd amount of money they are asking for this machine. I was misled into leasing to own it by a credit card company that said they had the "only" machine in the marketplace to accept the "new' consumer credit cards. They want 3600.00 for a credit card machine! when the machine quit working I went to my insurace company to file a claim and it wasn't until then that they told me the machine could be replaced for 89.00-155.00! You have got to be kidding. I am so upset at the jacked up price and the ridiculous and fraudulent claim that was represented to me from the sales rep that I contacted LFG and have stopped further drafts from my account. To no avail, I am just getting phone calls and past due letters in the mail. can someone tell me how do we get them to leave us alone and not have this on my credit report?

Jan 17, 2012 5:23 am EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I am actually being sued by these crooks. Will write to the Illinois Attorney General.

A
8:07 pm EDT

Lease Finance Group [LFG] - scam

In September of 2009, a guy named, Shawn Wallace, representing Merchant Services visited me at my deli and told me that his company will give me $1, 500 for switching my credit card processor and will give me the machine for free that will work with DSL connection and there would be no contract. It sounded too good to be true but he showed me the paperwork to prove that. I, unfortunately, trusted the guy and signed the paperwork. A few days later I got the paperwork in the mail from Lease Finance Group stating that I signed up a 4-yr. contract. I tried to contact LFG but to no vain. Now, they're taking me to a court in New York (I live in Kansas), I want to sue this company bad! And wish to see SHAWN WALLACE behind bars.

6 comments
Jul 20, 2010 3:40 pm EDT

This place is a scam! Do NOT sign a lease with them. You cant terminate the lease even if your not accepting credit cards anymore. They are very rude also!

Feb 16, 2012 3:35 am EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I complain the mechant service company with
Bbb, they finally closed my account within a month.

Feb 16, 2012 3:07 am EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I am going through the same thing! It is horrible. I need help if anyone has suggestions. My email is [email protected] gmail.com. Thanks.

Aug 21, 2011 7:44 am EDT

my email is [email protected]

Aug 21, 2011 7:43 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I just signed my paper with the sales last month. And now he is disappear. Not answer the phone calls. Did you get out of the contract? What did they do to you at New York's Court? You win? Please Help Me.

G
Mar 26, 2011 6:44 pm EDT

I got big Scam by LEASE FINANCE GROUP, LLC Credit card prosesing I pursued ByLease finance rep in Virginia. His Name is Michael Berry who scam on me all The paperwork .He newer told me machine lease $49.99 +60 months lease
I cancel the service after one month, I sent the machice to them. I got the shipping comformation paperwork.They still denying NOT to reiceived the machine.It has been 2 years, I have been disturbing all my personal life and business, and collection agency, also my credit score is mess up .Company so rude They DO NOT CARE .They use my social securiyt number illegally.Also I have being fight myself 2 years no result.They got lawyer in Newyork JOSEHP SUSSMAN
They are scam too I have a courtday may 17 2011 I went newyork court I counterclaim agains the Company . But This is all streess my life 2 years.I seen tons of complain about this company, Anyone can give me advise what to do thanks
Gino [protected]

11:33 pm EDT

Lease Finance Group [LFG] - crooks

After reading several online complaints of fraud concerning Lease Finance Group LLC, glad to know I'm not the only one who's been misrepresented!

Equipment provided by LFG never worked properly with my business but I continued to pay a monthly fee. I was forced to close a business account so they could not continue to charge me along with another credit card processing company I also had in force. Sales person who sold me the contract has since resigned and is willing to validate the facts against TMG/LFG that they are crooked!

Lease Finance Group [LFG] contacts