Lawn Doctorcaught on video

C Jul 14, 2019 Review updated:

First they show up without notice and leave a bill for treatment service. The only problem they never treated my rear yard because my access gate was locked. A day goes by no phone calll or inquiry made on their part to complete work but of course the bill is for full amount. After calling, they scheduled me next day service to complete the rear yard #treatment that was missed. I also authorized them to do full yard fungal treatment. The next day they showed up, left bills for said completed work. However, after viewing my video surveillance cameras I saw otherwise. 738am he arrives at my house, 743am he exits his vehicles to leave a flag and put a $134.35 bill in my door for fungas control. 747am he enters my rear yard, 750am exits my rear yard, 751am drives away. Hence, no fungus control was ever done on my front, sides or rear yard only #3. After calling to inquire, I was assured they completed treatment #3 and then went over the entire lawn as requested for fungus control. It was then that I broke the news about about having video surveillance cameras that showed otherwise. To this day, I still have not heard back from the "manager" after being assured he will be calling me back within an hour from my second call back. The "corporate complaint office" is actually just as worse, the "unknown female" that states she is the only person that handles complaints doesn't know the first thing about business models, customer service or running a company. She was so ignorant and arrogant in her thinking that it was worse than being scammed into getting a service that was not provided. Get this, she only asked if I wanted her to call the local office and was not concerned about my incident, telling me, "It's not worth it." Meaning the disappointment and frustration of dealing with a fraud incident. She doesn't think that the service tech wearing a lawn doctor uniform and driving a lawn doctor vehicle reflects upon "Lawn Doctor" get this because they are franchised. She still disagreed even after I politely gave an example in a fruitless attempt to try and walk her through customer service 101. The example was if a fraud or some egregious act occurred at a specific Chick-Fil-A, that caused concern or had the potential to significantly disrupt future customers, one could be assured that corporate would step in and do something. Her response, I never been in Chick-Fil-A. Lawn Doctor- You should send her to Chick-Fil-A so she can obviously learn what customer service is. In summary, to this date, no phone call back from local office. The corporate "complaint" individual is actually worse than the fraud. This is my story, roll the dice if you like but I have video of the billing and stating they did a service which clearly they did not. How many other victims are out there, that don't have video surveillance cameras and are being "billed" for services that are not even being done.

• Updated by CJ Del Palazzo · Jul 14, 2019

This was Lawn Doctor in Stratford, NJ area

• Pa
    Patsy Pendleton Feb 18, 2020

I am, thus far, very pleased with my lawn specialist, Michael Rabbit, with Lawn Doctor. He has applied the first application, did a good job, and seems to be a very personable young man. The weather in 2020 has been rainy, making it very difficult for lawn services to treat the yards, so he has been taking advantage of the few sunny days and working long hours. He has my praise and thanks.

• Pa
    Patsy Pendleton Feb 18, 2020

Thus far, I am very pleased with my lawn specialist, Michael Rabbit, who works at Lawn Doctor.
    He seems to be a very conscientious young man who takes his job seriously and takes pride in his work. Thus far, 2020 has been a very rainy year, which makes it difficult for workers to treat the lawns for weeds. Evidently, Michael has taken advantage of the few sunny days and worked long hours. I appreciate his efforts.