LATAM Airlines / LAN Airlines Logo

LATAM Airlines / LAN Airlines

Having problems with LATAM Airlines / LAN Airlines?

1800 126 038 (Australia)
1800 000 527 (Ecuador)
1800 272 0330 (Mexico)
+56 225 798 990 (Chile & International)
+1 866 435 9526 (USA and Canada)
+54 800 700 647 (New Zealand)
+49 698 679 9099 (Germany & Italy)
+54 115 032 0184 (Argentina)
+57 15 931 010 (Colombia)
+59 521 451 535 (Paraguay)
+598 40 190 223 (Uruguay)
+58 800 136 2072 (Venezuela)
Americo Vespucio 1501, Comuna de Renca
Sat24h
Sun24h

Complaints & Reviews

star alliance fidelity program

In September 2010, I made a trip to India from Brazil with South African Airlines, a member of the Star Alliance program. As I am a the owner of a fidelity card of TAM Airlines, a member of the Satr Alliance too, I wanted to compute the trip in my card in order to exchange for miles in the future. Contacting the TAM support center, they orientated me to send the boarding passes and copies of the e-tickets to an address in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
However, now it has been almost one month I sent the boarding passes and copies of the e-tickets, and I still have not received the points in my Fidelity Card (#[protected]). I wonder if the fault is of the airline company that still have not computed the points, or of the courier service that delayed the delivery. In the case of the second situation being applicable, I question myself why a company as big and famous as TAM still have this flow where passengers have to send documents by traditional mail service - which is not safe nor agile.

emails ignored regarding faulty product

This is a complaint against LMS Panamá S.A., which operates LAN Airlines (Chile) in-flight duty free service. I purchased a power adapter on a flight from Santiago, Chile to Buenos Aires, Argentina so that I would be able to use my electronics abroad. The adapter worked for a few days but then stopped working. At the time of purchase I was given a piece of paper with contact details in the event that I required a refund or an exchange so I sent an email to the address provided. After one week I had not received a response, so I sent a second email which was also ignored. It has now been 2 weeks and have sent them a third email to complain, however I doubt that they will bother responding to that one.
Do not purchase anything from LMS Panamá S.A. that might break and require a refund or an exchange as any attempts to contact them via email will be ignored. Buyer beware.

• Th
    Thomas717 Feb 11, 2014

Flew on an LAN Ecuador/ Lan AIrlines -American Airlines code-share flight from Boston to Quito, Ecuador. Outbound flight was fine. On the return flight, however, LAN Airlines was unable to book a connecting flight on American Airlines, thus leaving us stranded in Miami; and we had to purchase two new one-way tickets on USAIR just to get back to Boston. American is happy to take money from their code-share agreements, but if something goes wrong on any flight in terms of a delay, forget about American working with their code-share partners to actually get you to where you're going. Unless this is fixed by the airlines, we're never flying American or LAN ever again. And we were in first class; so the economy class passengers probably really got the short end of the stick.

• Me
    Meeedd Aug 15, 2018

But looks more uncomfortable seat that you are traped in. Only first class and exit doors has more leg room.

ridiculous baggage policy

I traveled on TAM airlines to Buenos Aires in end of May, 2009. They could not deliver my bag for one full week. I was on business trip and had no other choice than to buy basic essential clothing and toiletries. I ended up spending US $600. The bag was found and delivered to me on eighth day. I kept asking for the reimbursement for my expenses. But in vain. TAM is absolutely insensitive and puts forward the ridiculous baggage policy. Which offers US $50 if the baggage is not found for 3 days after arrival. Can you believe that? 3 days after your arrival…. And nothing more is paid, even if you lose the baggage. Its US $50 take it or leave it period. By the way it's over 90 days now I have not received the reimbursement. Instead what is offered to me is a flight coupon to fly on TAM to Brazil from US within one year. Which is of no use to me, because now I'm in India, and TAM does not fly there. In spite of explaining this to TAM authorities there is no use. Efforts are in vain.

Bottom line TAM airlines baggage policy is outdated and ridiculous. It sucks.

• Ke
    KedarPS Aug 27, 2009

Bottom line TAM airlines baggage policy is outdated and ridiculous. It sucks.

• Ed
    Edgar Birout Oct 14, 2018

i am waiting since the may 2nd my compensation of 1000$us

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices