Menu
M
Author of the complaint
2:21 pm
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I just had my surgery on December 21st 2012. I have had pain from an 8mm herniation on L5-S1 for 3 years. My herniation was protruding into my spinal canal. I was on the verge of paralysis.. I did my research, i saw the complaints, I saw A LOT. But in the end I weighed the pros and cons. I did have a minor complication with a spinal leak that was entirely because of ME not them. I was told before going in that this may happen because I have a naturally high spinal pressure. On January 2nd 013 i went in for the correction of the leak because it would not seal on its own.
Even with the complication I love LSI Oklahoma City. The facility was amazing, breakfast and lunch served every day of my visit. Staff was incredible. Dr Nees was my surgeon and he was awesome. He stay with my mother and I for 45 minutes going over the procedure and answered every one of my questions. I have never had a doctor do that.
Even when I had the complication he brought be in on New Years Day and even came to the hospital to see me and explain what happened. I was at Community Hospital in OKC for 4 days. I may not have had "textbook" outcome but I am still in a lot better state than when i went in.
I am a military wife and mother of 2 young children. Being disabled was not good for my family life or my husbands career. I 200% recommend LSI in OKC. I still have some swelling but my incision is healing great and I am in a lot less pain then when i began and getting better every day..
My mother even found Dr. Nees incredibly HOT!

More Laser Spine Institute complaints & reviews

Laser Spine Institute - buyer beware
Laser Spine Institute - careful! scam!
Laser Spine Institute - lsi treats their employees like garbage
Laser Spine Institute - lawsuit filed in florida
Laser Spine Institute - terrible
Laser Spine Institute - no morals
3 comments
V
Feb 18, 2014 9:30 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I have been a fellowship trained spinal surgeon for 15 years (I'm not sure if any of their docs have done accredited fellowships, the website doesn't list the surgeon's C.V.s as is customary, wonder why?) and I have never heard of "naturally high spinal pressure" as a factor in a spinal fluid leak. Dural leaks happen; they are known complications but are NEVER the patient's fault. Just sayin'. The only thing anyone need know about a place like LSI (and others like it) is the following. In a time when both patients and doctors agree that we are losing the most valuable component of our relationship (time spent together) due to changes in medical economics; how in the world could anyone expect good care to be delivered over the phone? Should people really be surprised if they don't do well if their initial "consultation" is a free MRI telephone evaluation? I can assure you that there is a bit more to the surgical decision-making process than merely looking at the MRI. These guys should be embarrassed, if not totally ashamed. Must be why I never see any of them at meetings.

S
Dec 02, 2013 8:50 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I had surgery at the Pennsylvania site. I met with a person who told me what I needed. I went ahead with itbecause my best friend drove a long way to help me. This was my very last hope. It has bee almost one month and i am in horriffic pain. The area that went down my left leg now goes ito my buttocks and down both legs. When they were discharging me the nurse wanted me to take my medication more often than my doctor prescribed. I tried to explain multiple times why I could not that Iwould run out of my medication. She said OH I NOW SEE RED FLAG... she accused me of trying to get extra medication. I am very upset at my treatment from the PA moreso the nurses. I have called to say that I am so much worse and the answer now is It can take up to a year to get really better. YOU ARE NOT TOLD THAT WHEN THEY WANT YOU TO HAVE SURGERY... They tell you most of our people get up right after surgery and feel so much better. I met one man that was reduced to a wheel chair. He stated he was no where near that condition before. They want ot do my neck no way in heck am setting foot in there again. RUN AWAY DO NOT GET SURGERY THERE.

W
Mar 02, 2013 4:13 pm

The paid lsi shills that come to this complaints site and post positive comments trying to hide the real horror stories have no shame. Don't see how they can sleep. Just shows that some people will do anything for money just like lsi.

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

36 complaints