Menu
Ampath Trust
reviews & complaints

Ampath Trust
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

21 complaints
1 resolved 20 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Ampath Trust. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
S
2:43 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Ampath Trust - Incorrect Billing - Bill not received and handed over.

February 20th 2020 I saw a doctor and had a cytology test done as I needed to be admitted to hospital. All necessary details as a private patient were given. I paid all bills directly to the Dr and hospital and received no other bills.

I was made aware of the Ampath bill of R246,30 on 5th August 2020 via sms from NCC collections agency. I immediately called and spoke to a lady who forwarded me the bill. The billing details were incorrect and for my ex husband, hence I never received it or any notifications until NCC sent it to me. I called Ampath to ask why they had not sent me the bill, they insisted they tried calling me, but could not have as the details were incorrect. I emailed them about the situation and got no response.

I paid the outstanding amount for Ampath and now NCC are still harassing me for charges owing to them saying the Ampath bill is still outstanding.

Desired outcome: I have paid what was outstanding to Ampath and would like NCC to please stop harassing me for the charges they believe I owe them, due to incorrect billing on Ampath's behalf.

8:17 am EDT

Ampath Trust - Ampath accounting and medical upcoding - phantom services

In May 2022, took my niece's baby to Sunninghill Hospital, Sandton, South Africa. The day before we did a COVID-19 test. I sat for an hour with the Ampath Administrator explaining that we do not need another COVID-19 PCR test. They gave the forms and I authorised certain tests - did not include PCR test after I already consulted the doctor that said it is unnecessary.

Ampath proceeded to bill for a PRC test and no such test nor any result or authorisation document was sent to me. In other words medical upcoding - illegal medical practices.

After numerous emails still no response from Ampath.

Desired outcome: Company must reverse the invoice, investigate the accounting department and ampath administrators, discipline or fire staff. If Ampath Executives involved then it is conspiracy for unethical medical practices.

B
3:19 pm EDT

Ampath Trust - Ampath administrative nightmare

Good day,

I have been struggling for the past 6x months with Ampath to submit in-hospital claims correctly to Bonitas medical aid.

After numerous attempts to resolve these claims they were paid by the medical aid.

It was made clear that these claims are under investigation but Ampath proceeded with hand-over to their debt collectors. I am now being held accountable for the debt collectors account and being blacklisted.

I feel I'm being treated unfairly and Ampath should be held accountable for their mistakes.

Desired outcome: Ampath to settle their debt collectors account and clear my name from ITC.

5:59 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

i have being paying every cent i owe to these people and last year apparantly now someone figured out the medical aid paid me money i did not give them and straight way handed me over i really feel like im being scamed those dr should now and then check on there accounts department wats going on thete shows no supervision

R
6:01 am EST

Ampath Trust - Accounts department

I need a statement of what I've been paying during tax year to Ampath as if this could be so difficult so Ampath's account department send me a statement of R850.00 where I have have been paying more than R4000.00 to them to due my fund that was exhausted, so this means I need to go look for previous statements ets - why are you working in a department if you are unable to assist after I have send 3 emails requesting a proper statement giving all my details through this is not acceptable at all you are there to deliver a service not to sit behind the desk doing nothing

Desired outcome: Go out of your way for your clients, don't just give up on the first search because you are too lazy to help

I
1:47 am EST

Ampath Trust - 2125

I went for a COVID test 17 January. Being 32 weeks pregnant receiving the results is especially extremely important. No results came through. I phoned the offices numerous times. on 18 January, after phoning the offices (Wilgeheuwel Amapth laboratory) she first hung up the call, after trying again confirmed that I had a COVID positive test! Whish was a Lie!
I phoned the head office again on the 19th trying to get a copy of my results and they confirmed that they have lost my test. How is this even possible.
Lying about results and loosing test results, This is extremely unprofessional.
I am honestly disgusted and shocked about the service received.

S
1:34 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Good day I would like to lodge a complaint with your company as on the 10 January 2022 I went to do a covid travel test at your Middelburg Mpumalanga branch as I was advise to do it a day before my departure date I well did that, on the 11 on my departure day morning I received the results stating I was positive affected with covid 19. I had no signs nor...

N
4:15 am EDT

Ampath Trust - Administrative Nightmare

Ampath as as lab service is fantastic.

The organisation is however let down by the laziness and incompetence of the administrative back office.

In order to request statements of my fully paid account, I had to go through over a week of requests being sent, information being requested for archive retrieval, only to be provided with the incorrect information.

This is after having specified the date range required in writing, multiple times.

The level of reading and comprehension in the administrative ranks of this organisation is sub matric.

Calling the singular point of contact has been a nightmare in itself, with employees answering and simply hanging up.

This organisation may be a medical facility, however it is equally a private business, which needs to take a serious look at it's client interface, which according to all the complaints lodged here, is failing abysmally.

Desired outcome: Sort out your failing administrative departments and perhaps vet your employees better

1:44 am EST

Ampath Trust - Self in ladysmith

Good day,

We had a second experience this morning with the lab in Ladysmith. previously we were told not to come before 7.30 because that's the only time some one can assist with blood results.

This morning I had to take my daughter for blood test before work when we arrive there we were told that they only open 8.30 and nobody can assist. My daughter just had a kidney transplant and can't wait that long as she have to do the blood test before taking her tablets at 8. All the staff in Ladysmith is aware of it and I told them again this morning that she can't take her tablets after 8 were they told us there is nobody to assist. We prefer to use Ampath as the always friendly and helpful but since mid December and now again its not nice to get threaded that way.

Desired outcome: yes please

M
10:49 am EDT

Ampath Trust - Invoice amendment not done

I need my Ampath account to be settled and you guys are not helping or responding to my emails and my medical aid. My condition is I80.2 however you guys keep sending it to my medical aid as Z01.7.

This has been going on for 30 days now and now you want to hand me over?

WHat type of service is this?

I even included my letter from my Dr!

I need this sorted!

[protected]
Moji K

M
5:01 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My husband and I had blood tests done at Ampath in Nelspruit on 29 Feb 2020 and settled the bill immediately by card. We got a discount for "paying immediately". I was not supplied with an invoice at the time and was told accounts will email it to me once it's generated. On 9 March, I emailed Linda Steyn on [protected]@ampath.co.za and requested the invoices. I...

C
2:18 pm EST

Ampath Trust - Absolutely Appalled

This morning I received a call from a Sr Anita Singh from Pietermaritzburg Ampath. I felt grossly disrespected by the way in which I was spoken to. I have a relative that works for Ampath and I assume Sr Anita was looking to speak with my relative. However, after being screamed at in a condescending and rude manner, I made it known that she was speaking with the wrong person. There was no apology whatsoever. Her response was to just put the phone down whilst I was still on the line. I am a regular customer of Ampath and have never found such poor and unprofessional behavior at any other branch. The way she handled this situation was pathetic. I just cannot believe that I should be treated this way and keep quiet. Also this was not the first time because it happened once in the past and I let it go. This is so wrong and I would like to think that this complaint will be taken seriously.

An outraged customer

Z
7:35 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I am infuriated with Ampath accounts and how they treated my query regarding an additional charge to my account. I live in a neighbouring country but see a specialist in JHB for an endocrine problem. Because I know my medical aid funds for pathology was exhausted, I made sure I paid cash and settled my account in full. I also didn't want a scenario where I...

J
10:45 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I had to take my son for blood tests and we went to Ampath in Midstream Mediclinic here in Pretoria. The sisters weren't wearing any gloves and at the third area where they eventually drew blood the sister was so careless, she was decanting the blood from the syringe into the tube and she messed my sons blood over her fingers. I can't believe how unhygienic...

I
10:32 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I gave been having a problem with your staff that does not know how to apply the correct ic10 codes when ever I go for my ip blood tests, however, I had the most incredible good attention from one of your staff at the mulbarton hospital her name is ashoorra, she went out of her way to help until where she could then she put me speaking with your account...

K
3:06 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On the 24 Jan 2018, I received a bill from Ampath who advised that I have outstanding amounts that I need to settle. I querried that account as this amount was incorrectly billed from my medical savings account instead of InHospital account. I was told by Greta Molemo from Debtors Department that this will be investigated. I followed up on the...

D
5:04 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

We have just returned from our annual holiday and there was a SMS to say we have been handed over for an outstanding account!! We have no knowledge of this or have ever received an account... The SMS does not say what, when or how much!! Maybe this is a hoax but we need to sort tis out asap. Not sure what to do? PLEASE e-mail me at [protected]@absamail.co.za

F
4:55 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Good day Please note that I have send an e-mail to Beeld to assist me as well. This account was dated March 2017, I am not able to pay the full amount at once. Then once I received the account I paid and amount which I was able to pay in June. Note that is 90 days after the date on the account. I have paid again an amount in July and again an amount in...

Z
4:39 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

The blood draws are negligent in that the person drawing blood never washes hands in between blood draws (my friend and I went together and our blood was drawn directly after each other). I have gone there several times in the last year and have watched the staff very closely. Hands are NEVER washed after drawing blood or before helping a new...

E
12:07 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

In April 2016 I was in Cape Town and requested Ampath to do some testing on my son. It has been 6+ months and we have not received the results. Now, I got a message saying my outstanding account been handed to a debt collector. I cannot believe it. My Doctor and everyone, even medical aid is awaiting the results and Ampath has done nothing, no results, but they want the money for what service I ask.

Ampath Trust contacts

Phone number

+27 126 781 000

Most discussed Ampath Trust complaints

Covid test results
(opinions to this review)