LabCorpbilling

B

I received a LabCorp bill for Vitamin D, 25 Hydroxy lab test for $273.00. I was told at the time of my test it is coded correctly and Medicare will pay for it. The test was done on September 8, 2016
It's funny how there other $510.00 charges in the same blood test were paid by Medicare for $36.71.
Now I found the excel net fee schedule form LabCorp and I see that the net fee they charge providers is $18.94. Why should I have to be charged almost 15 times more. In any other industry that's called racketeering. I would pay the reasonable $18.94 but LabCorp will not answer my emails.
My doctor says her prescription is correct whatever that means. LabCorp will not respond to my customer service emails thus I guess they are waiting for the bill to go to their in house collection people. I will demand a hearing.
Realistically I would love to go to Washington and produce all these documents at a hearing on the ridiculous charges from medical providers that only those that cannot afford it pay.