Krogerdigital coupons for seniors without smartphones & computers

J

I have been a loyal customer of Kroger for years and enjoyed the store brands and low prices to keep me from shopping other store specials. Today, at age 71, I was shopping in Kroger on Eldorado Pkwy. in McKinney, TX and selected two boxes of Keebler Club Crackers on a display marked 99 cents. At the checkout, the charge was $2.99 per box. When I brought it to the employee's attention, he showed me the paper ad which showed 99 cents with a digital coupon. Although, the manager gave me the crackers for 99 cents, he said it could not happen again since I was now aware of their policy. I don't want to use the term "discrimination", but couldn't Kroger expand their policy to read "digital coupon or seniors" in keeping with their strive for ease of purchase and fair pricing for the longest loyal customers? We don't want unfair advantage, just a little consideration for our stage in life where mental and physical strength is taxing and sale prices with digital food games are too challenging?

• Je
    Jerry Sales Sep 14, 2019

You are correct, however it is discrimination against seniors whether intentional or not. They are trying to make the elderly pay more.