Kis Country Club And Golf Academycan't afford it and won't be let out of contract within hours of signing

J

went for a tour of facility as the tour progressed so did the high pressure sales tactics before i could realize what i was doing i had signed a membership after leaving realized that i could not afford the membership within mere hours was told my clubs were already cut which is bs i could see if it was days but not a few hours (3) told them i could not afford it as my wife and i are going through a tough time in our marriage they did not care used stall tactics and still have not let us out of the membership we are seeking legal council

• Di
    Diane E Davis Nov 18, 2008

KIS golf is now going bankrupt. We joined six months ago and also wanted out, were told we should get a different loan as the loan we signed would have a high interest rate. We were also told we should pay it off before Nov. 2008 and now they are going bankrupt. I believe this was fraud and we saw that they were still trying to get people to sign as late as last week. We also know for a fact that they had been late paying their employees for at least the last eight weeks.
    I have just called the attorney general of SC and am waiting for consumer affairs to call. I suggest everyone do the same wherever they live. This is going to be a class action suit. I am not a blogger but if you know how to tell others, please do.

• Ex
    exemployee Nov 19, 2008

They are not behind in employees pay, they just never paid or bounced checks and then sent reimbursement checks that then bounced. The company filed bankruptcy this week and I'm sure all employees will either not see thier money or will have to wait a very long time for the courts too decide when they will pay us while mortgage payments go unpaid and other expenses.

If I were corporate high ups, I would go find a very large rock to crawl under and hope the law doesnt have a large enough crane to lift it too find you, because you all will be going to jail a very long time once the truth comes out and I'm so very much looking forward to finding out what that truth is.

• Tr
    Travis S. Nov 28, 2008

I am also a victim of the KIS disaster. I Let's all band together!

Jason Gable Dec 02, 2008

Lets team together and get our money back ready for lawsuit.

• Lo
    Lori L Pel Jun 04, 2010

Like other people in our community, I too, was suckered in by this company. I signed up for the package and was excited to take advantages of all the promises they made. I was even more excited when they opened up an academy right down the road from me. However, six months or so later I noticed that they were closed. If Why should I pay for something that I will never be able to use? If there is a class action suit, count me in.

• Tl
    Tlouya Oct 17, 2011

Yea they took my money too!! Concord North Carolina. Promised me the world. I bought in for Two sets of clubs !!

• Li
    Lizmane Jan 13, 2012

Since My husband and I moved in to the apartments in April 2010, we have had the toilet break 4 times in less than a month, the bathroom ceiling cave in and leak water everywhere, and now they made an enormous hole in the bathroom ceiling. We have had rodant issues flea infestations, roaches. And the dishwasher breaks on a regular basis. This place is absolutely disgusting and we are glad to be moving out of this place.