Kayak.comAn awful customer support experience

Y

AWFUL. We were planning a trip to Napa and booked our hotel through Kayak.com. HOWEVER, when we arrived, it turned out that the hotel had been mapped incorrectly in their system. It turns out that the hotel was over an hour away! At first, Kayak.com did not even acknowledge their own error. After we got them to acknowledge their error (in writing) they stopped returning our emails about getting a refund. Thankfully we used AmericanExpress and they promptly refunded our money (wagging their finger at Kayak.com all the way). An awful customer support experience. I would expect more from a company founded by a Kellogg grad. What a joke.

John Brinkley Feb 24, 2015

I don't see why anyone would book with kayak.com as they will not even reply to my questions about booking.

• Va
    Vaincoe Nov 12, 2012

BEWARE!!! I used Kayak Booking for the first time and paid $60 more than if I would have booked directly with the hotel.

• St
    Strudele Oct 24, 2012

I used Kayak to book a room and it went through Travelocity and when I arrived at the Best Western Mezona hotel in Mesa, AZ. they wanted a $100. incidental fee and would not give me the room without it and refused to give me a refund on my prepaid room.

• Hu
    Hukile Aug 27, 2012

Absolutely terrible! I booked through Kayak and when I arrived at my hotel they did not have my reservation and I got charged again for what I had already paid for. I am still trying to get my money back from the hotel I stayed at and I have received zero customer service. Kayak is not an unparalleled experience!

• Ji
    Jimme Aug 06, 2012

Received a confirmation of cancellation, but was still charged for the reservation. Called and was given a run-a-round. Checked history on their site and no history concerning this even was posted. I noticed that it was far less aggravating getting reservations directly from hotels.

Manchele Mar 15, 2012

Do not use this site! I was trying to book a hotel in San antiono and had major problems. They charged my card but didn't give me a confirmation code and my booking was rejected. Now I'm out the money for at least 3 business days. This was my first time using them and I won't ever do it again.

• Za
    Zapeluza Jan 03, 2012

DO NOT USE KAYAK.COM!!! I attempted to book a hotel on this website, but after putting in all my credit card information in, a message came up saying that the hotel had no rooms left. BUT THEY STILL CHARGED MY CARD!! And have yet to give me my money back!! Horrible experience! This was the first and definitely last time i will ever use Kayak.com.

• Ni
    Nicole. Sep 07, 2011

This is a link to their feedback form : http://www.kayak.com/feedback/form

• Ba
    barin Sep 07, 2011

I have some complaints about the Kayak.com website.

Is their someone in customer service I could speak with to relay some questions on how to make the site better for users?