Kay Jewelerslost diamonds

I am so angry and upset that i don't even know where to begin! My husband had purchased my $2000 engagement ring a few years back. (It's one of those with 4 diamonds that are put together to look like one big center stone.) i hadly ever wore the ring due to work and pregnancies, but tried it on last year to finally start wearing it. Unfortunately it needed to be sized so i took it back to kay. We had puchased the extended service plan so the cost was taken care of. I got my ring back and noticed a couple of weeks later that one of the four diamonds had a small chip. I could have done it so i'm not blaming kay for that. It was also stupid of me not to take it in to be examined every 6 months, so i knew that i'd have to pay for the replacement diamond. I took in into kay and they said that they had to mail it off to corporate to have it looked at. Well, close to 3 weeks later the manager called and said that all four diamonds are chipped! Who knows if that was even the case, because they never offered to show me the damage. . . Stupid me again. I asked what the cost would be to replace them and they said that they had no idea. Kay's mails "that type" of diamond ring over seas to the vendor to be replaced and they wouldn't know the cost until it was returned. That didn't make me happy! One of the emploees there said that he would have it done "at cost" and it should be around $400. Upon signing the papers to have it sent off i verified with the employee that my old suposedly chipped diamonds would be returned to me. He assured that they would (This was not a trade in.) they quoted me 3 months until my ring would be back, but it was back in 3 weeks. . . Great, right? Wrong!! They did not return my old diamonds! Only one out of the four was visibly chipped. My husband planned on having earrings made for me out of them. They were sentimental! Countless phone calls, run arounds and lies but still no answers. When they originally sent it off they said that each diamond weighed. 2c, but now they are saying. 13c. Customer service says that they always keep old diamonds when they replace with new ones. I am not stupid and only a stupid person would agree to that. Of course they are going to grind them down, resell them and make more money! Now they do not know how to compensate me, because they say that those diamonds were chipped and worthless. I won't even pick up my fixed ring because i'm not paying $645 for diamonds that we paid $2000 for the first time. They are treating me like a thief trying to get something free, but they are the thieves!!! I don't even know where to go or who to complain to that can help me. But i can warn others not to go there. They are only out to take your money. They don't care about people or customer service!

• Be
    Beverly Dec 01, 2008

I have been trying to collect my pension with no luck.

• Nr
    nrp934 Jan 19, 2010

i have been told by a kay employee that a repair counts as an inspection, so why were they charging you for the diamonds, if you noticed the chipped diamonds a few weeks after the sizing. maybe yoiu shoild call customer sevice and tell them when it was repaired

• Co
    compl_Kay_Jewelers Aug 09, 2014

I agree I was in La Jolla, UTC Mall in CA.
    They are greedy lying ### and ###. I took my ring to a Mom and Pap jeweler and hey presto the ring was NOT chipped at all. They are scammers. Luckily I recorded everything for my attorney!