Kaufman Englett Lynd (KEL)Misrepresent themselves!

Kaufman, Englett, and Lynd runs a tremendous amount of advertising that clearly states that if a client contacts KEL, they will speak with an attorney. I contacted them with that expectation. On my initial call, I stated that I would like to speak with an attorney for a consultation. I was transferred to Kirk Collier and explained my issue (final stages of a short sale, challenges negotiating my deficiency with the bank leading to my decision to file bankruptcy). He stated that I should not file for bankruptcy as I did have some legal options, so I asked to make an appointment for a consultation with an attorney in the Tampa office the next day. When I came for my appointment, I met with Kirk Collier and Lacie Beck, who introduced herself as a paralegal. Mr. Collier offered specific legal advice (do not file for bankruptcy, do not apply for the Residential Mortgage Foreclosure Mediation Program, etc.) which I considered in my decision to hire KEL to represent me and the actions to take going forward.

I have since learned, by contacting the Florida Bar Association, that Kirk Collier is NOT an attorney. Per the Bar, Mr. Collier should not be dispensing legal advice, should not be conducting a legal consultation, and, if he was speaking in general about legal matters as a non-lawyer representing your firm, should have specified that he is not an attorney. I was under the impression from their advertising and from the fact that I requested a meeting with an attorney and that Kirk Collier subsequently conducted my legal consultation that he was, in fact, an attorney. This misrepresentation alone is cause for negation of any agreement that I entered into with KEL. I have requested a refund from KEL and they have not obliged.

In addition, long story short, I was in the final stages of a short sale. I had a one week deadline to respond to the bank to negotiate my deficiency - I could not get anyone at KEL to return my calls in a week, much less prepare a response. I had to file a response myselft. Again, you would think that a reputable company would just acknowledge that they dropped and ball and give me a refund - they have not!

Feb 03, 2011

I want any lawyer contemplating a class action, or just my case, against KEL for mal practice and damages punitive and exemplary, to contact me Melvin Spinoza [protected] [protected]@gmail.com

Feb 03, 2011

call me [protected] to sue KEL for mal practice, misrepresentation, fraud

• H
      Feb 11, 2011

We, too, have a very similar story regarding KEL. Most recently they failed to withdraw as our attorney on record in time for our new attorney to represent us in court. As a result we have lost valuable time to fight our foreclosure. Additionally, the failed to file paperwork on more than one occasion, never return phone calls and tried to bully us into paying them an additional $2000 when they never did anything for the first $2000 we paid. We have filed a complaint with the Florida Attorney General, but feel there must be more people out there who are in the same boat with KEL. The are scam artists who are preying on people looking for help dealing with equally corrupt banks.

Mar 14, 2011

If you are looking for quality representation DO NOT HIRE KEL! Their attorneys are clearly overwhelmed with cases (I'm told by my KEL attorney that they have around 40 attorneys, each of who is handling 500-1000 cases!). If you hire them you will have to BEG for return phone calls and e-mails, and yes, you will have to BEG to speak with an attorney instead of a paralegal. Hiring KEL was a huge mistake for me and my case is suffering as a result. Another issue with KEL is that they don't "get it". They treat every case the same...get a loan modification or go to mediation. They don't want to FIGHT the crooks!

Apr 05, 2011

i just had a online chat with KEL you judge for yourself what they are all about
    JulieG: [9:18:53 AM] Welcome to our real-time support chat. How can I help you today?
    Guest: [9:19:25 AM] how much do you charge for chapter 13
    JulieG: [9:19:36 AM] Where are you located?
    Guest: [9:19:46 AM] connecticut
    JulieG: [9:21:27 AM] Currently, we only do bankruptcy in Florida.
    Guest: [9:24:27 AM] we are clients of kell my husband talked to guy named matt yesterday that wanted us to talk to kel about bankruptcy now your saying that you don't do it
    Patrick: [9:27:56 AM] Hey there, this is Patrick. How long have you been living in CT?
    Guest: [9:28:28 AM] FOREVER WHY
    Patrick: [9:31:41 AM] Ok, I just wanted to know if you had recently moved there or if you have always been living there. While we are licensed to practice law in CT, we currently only handle Bankruptcy cases in the state of Florida. I apologize if Matt discussed something different with you when you spoke to him. We have a few Matt's here. Which one did you speak with so I can make sure he has the correct information going forward?
    Patrick: [9:32:20 AM] You may also want to consult with a local BK attorney to go over your possible bankruptcy options
    Guest: [9:32:57 AM] didn't tell us last name
    Patrick: [9:33:53 AM] Ok, I will blanket out an email so our staff has the right information from this point forward.
    Patrick: [9:35:37 AM] I am sorry that we can not handle the bankruptcy for you at this time.
    Patrick: [9:36:11 AM] If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact me directly. My full name is Patrick Chandler, and my email is [protected]@kelattorneys.com
    Guest: [9:36:21 AM] boy you guys just keep messing with us first you take money for modifi on 2 mortgages then only work on one till its done then start working on 2nd then never finish cause our 12 month contract ran out even when you only worked on 2nd for 7 months and not 12
    [9:37:40 AM] never send us any paperwork and when we contracted our mortgage company cause you didn't finish what you started we find out we are in charge off
    [9:38:01 AM] WHICH NOBODY FROM YOUR OFFICE TOLD US
    Patrick: [9:39:34 AM] I do apologize for your frustration. What I can do is have someone from our office call you and discuss this in more detail with you. I don't have your case information in front of me, so I'm limited in what I can tell you with respect to what is going on
    Guest: [9:40:32 AM] #10CT4
    [9:40:52 AM] THATS OUR CASE #
    Patrick: [9:41:14 AM] Ok, I will have someone in contact with you shortly
    Guest: [9:42:02 AM] no been there done that and they said you would handle our bankruptcy and you don't even do it in CT
    [9:43:19 AM] omg can't beleave you people
    Patrick: [9:43:53 AM] I would still like to have someone contact you today. I am sorry for your frustration
    Guest: [9:44:34 AM] want to know why you make people pay upfront for 2 mortgage mods when you only work on one at a time
    Guest: [9:45:55 AM] then tell us time ran out when you only worked on the 2nd mortgage for 7 months and charged us for 12
    [9:47:48 AM] HELLO

Nancy in connecticut
    [protected]@yahoo.com

Apr 11, 2011

Avoid this company like the plague!!! It is a lawyer mill. I will be filing complaints with the Attorney General, the Florida Bar, the Better Business Bureau and anywhere else I can find to warn people about this firm. They take your money, have unqualified people giving you legal advice, you probably will NEVER speak to an attorney about your particular case and the list goes on. They are awful... avoid them at ALL costs.

May 09, 2011

I hired KEL because I knew about them when they were doing a lot of the title work for many mortgage companies, I paid 2400.00 dollars to represent me in a foreclosure in my house. After asking for the same documents that the bank had always ask, a mititgation meeting was set with the bank, they hired an attorney here in Tampa to go to the meeting, this guy knew nothing about our case, actually he said that he had just gotting the documents himself. Obviously we lost the mitigation and the house was lost.

• D
      May 18, 2011

Pay your bills you wouldn't be in these situtations!!!

Jun 12, 2011

I am currently in the process of starting a lawsuit against Kaufman, Englett and Lynd. Please contact me at my email address of [protected]@live.com if you have paid KEL for services of modification on your home loan without any remedy to your home modification.
    I can and will continue to sue them for legal malpractice, misrepresentation and punitive damages which they have cost us.
    Shirley

Jun 30, 2011

I own a real estate/property management company in Orlando and represent MANY people working to short sale their properties. I recently was called by 3 (in the same week!) sellers that were all with KEL, paid almost $3, 000 each for KEL to represent them in a short sale (which is ridiculous by itself). I work with an investor that purchases condos in over 45 communities in and around the Orlando area and we contracted on one of these properties. A year went by, only 2 out of dozens of return phone calls and a few emails and nothing was done. The 1 year contract between KEL and the seller was set to expire, no forward movement with the short sale and KEL sends them a letter to renew their contract for another $2, 900. Needless to say, the seller refused to renew the contract. Long story short, my investor re-contracted on the property using a different negotiator I work with, the property closed in 4 months and the seller is incredibly happy. I work with the best negotiators and get short sales closed within 90-180 days (4 months being the average) and little or no cost to the seller. It's morally wrong to financially rape vulnerable sellers, provide little or no service, get little or no results and then expect them to pay you more when the job wasn't performed to industry standards. If you or someone you know is interested in considering a short sale, PLEASE tell them to contact me. Even if none of them decided to use my services (which doesn't cost them a penny), I'd be willing to talk to each of them, educate them on the process so no matter who they use, they are informed enough to ask the important questions and avoid a situation where they pay out thousands of dollars and get no results. [protected]@SpencerRealtyPros.com

Jul 22, 2011

It appears as though everyone has said what needs to be said about KEL. We are in the same boat for $5, 000 smackers because they were to do a bankruptcy for us after securing our primary mortgage. As far as the original contract...they have done nothing other than relay information from the lender (Chase) about missing documents...something we could have done on our own. (We tried for a year). I know that those of the same profession don't typically attack each other but there has to be an attorney who has higher standards and willing to take on a class-action suit against these clowns. [protected]@aol.com

Jul 23, 2011

My husband and I bought our first home in Florida when the real estate market was inflated. We paid too much for a house that needed to be completely remodeled. So (while the market was still booming) we took out a second mortgage to pay for the remodel. If we could have seen into the future, we would have been able to sell our home for a profit. However, we didn’t get everything done before the market fell through, and then the economy turned south. We became unable to pay our mortgage. We got involved with a fraudulent loan modification company, which has since been shut down by the State. But we still needed help with our house. We heard on the radio that the only way to get your mortgage loan modified is to hire lawyers. KEL promised all the same things the other company did, but we thought it would be different because they explained how they take our case to court. We have been told nothing but lies. They said we had to pay a “one time upfront fee”, which I felt uneasy about, but we were running out of choices. One year later, nothing has been done to modify our loan, and they want another $3, ooo to renew our contract. They are frauds and need to be shut down. The state needs to investigate them. They’re taking advantage of people who are under duress and in fear of losing their homes due to the failing economy. They are falsely representing themselves, and people need to know to not get involved with them. They twist things around and flat lie to your face. I don’t know how they sleep at night. I will do all I can to warn innocent people to avoid them, and hope to see KEL taken down. They built their firm on good publicity, and I say it’s about time that the truth (bad publicity) should be their downfall!

Sep 21, 2011

Here's a thought...yall stayed in your property longer...without making any mortgage payments thanks to KEL's involvement. Try shielding some of the responsibilty for not paying your bills, regardless of the reason, and quit blaming others for your misfortune. KEL has helped a tremondous amount of people. Just because a modification wasnt received doesnt mean that KEL failed. It means that the bank sucks and doesnt want to work with you and the firm. Why blame anyone but the bank for that??? Oh and another thing...read contracts before you sign them. 99% of the time it states that the representation is for 12 months, or longer, depending on the contract language. Don't blame anyone else because YOU didn't read that "not so fine print." Just a thought from a very satisfied client!!!

Sep 23, 2011

We did read the contract. In fact, KEL informed us about the 12 month limit, but they also said it would be resolved in well under a year (just another lie to add to the list). And when I asked about the "additional fees" sited in the contract, they told us that is only in VERY rare cases, but evidently not. They only stand to benefit by waiting a year, and then charging you again. It is clear that this is all they are actually doing. When we asked them to produce the evidence of all the work they had accomplished over the past year to modify our loan, they were unable to show us ANYTHING. That is proof that they lied when they told us (several times during that year) that they were working on the modification. Where is their motivation to modify a loan in under a year? We didn't hire them to live in our house for free, as you apparently did. We had different reasons. We lived in that house for years, and it could no longer meet our needs as our family grew. It was supposed to be a starter-home. They claimed they could do a modification, and yet didn't do it. And I don't blame the banks. Many people were involved in that real estate boom (flippers, real estate agents, banks, etc.). But the lawyers at KEL claimed they were the only ones working for us, AND the only ones who are capable of modifying loans. THEY LIED!!! My original assessment still stands true (as many others have also testified to as well). KEL SUCKS! I will be waiting to join the class-action suit, whenever that gets started.

• L
      Sep 28, 2011

Like others KEL was a smooth firm... We met with Nathan Brown in their Tampa office, who advised us to default & not pay anything towards our loan. At the time of the intial meeting we were up to date with our loan. It's been about 1 year since we made our payment. We too pd them 2800.00 to do a supposed loan modification, Nathan assured us that it usually takes less than a year to get modified. Now we actually got a representative from BAC and all we needed was to submit the last 30 days in 10 days or our file would be closed . So KEL never called me, the only reason I found out was b/c I got a letter from BAC on day 7 of the 9 days to complete. So I called KEL & faxed all the paperwork to KEL. Then 3 days later I get a voicemail from BAC who tells me that due to the lack of the requested documents they had closed our file & would have to reapply. I called KEL & they told me that 3 of my 55 page faxes were too dark. You would think someone would have called me... So guess what NO EVER CALLED ME!!! I believe that since my contract was set to renew w/KEL in 4 days they did this on purpose to get more $ out of us. So know I have sat down w/ 2 different attorneys who have told me that really loan modifications really dont go through now a days, & that for an attorney to charge to submit your paperwork that you do yourself should be ashamed. SO now I'm going to try & pray for a miracle. Good Luck KEL should be more forth right!!!

Sep 29, 2011

Please, please, please don't use this firm. They are not proactive on your behalf. They give you the run around. I was told to communicate through the portal. They took weeks to return my requests. They sat on my case for a year with nothing more than phone calls to the bank and then told me I had to pay another $3, 000 for them to continue. When I contacted Shane he told me he could get an extension but then 2 days before the contract was to end I got notification from Keith that they had done what they were supposed to do and fullfilled the contract. This company is a scam. They were banned from practicing bankruptcy law in the state of Florida. There's an article in the Orlando Sentinnel about it (Google it). If anyone knows of a class action suit against them for foreclosures or short sales, please email me at [protected]@yahoo.com. I would like to join. They should not be allowed to continue to practice in the manner they are. They steal money and make promises the don't keep to people who are in dire need of guidance. What a con!

Sep 29, 2011

To KEL ROCKS: I, too, was told that the case would be complete in way under a year. This firm is not pro active. They got too big too fast and obviously don't care.

Sep 29, 2011

In complete agreement. Someone should stop the scams. I was told my case was extremely complicated as it involves my deceased parents and a trust. Why then would they assign a 20 something attorney to the case? In fact as you have stated, when I finally spoke with Tara, she did not know the facts of my case. It was the para legal who was doing whatever work they were doing. I had to do research over the internet and advise her of the law!

I will be sending a certified complaint to the managing partner of the Orlando office as advised by the FL State Bar Association. I was advised by the Bar Association that they clearly did not meet the standard of communication. Please refer to the FL Bar Association ehtic rule 4-1.4 to see they have violated each of the requirments under this rule.

Would love to see a class action lawsuit against this firm. Where do I sign up?

• R
      Oct 05, 2011

Re: KEL attorneys mortgage help Orlando...any info
    My wife and I had been foreclosed on and the house had all ready been sold on the courthouse steps. This was not from a bank but with a private lender. There were a lot of complications through out the foreclosure. We saw a KEL Attorneys commercial on TV and decided to give them a call. They listened to our story, and said that we had 30 days after the sale on the courthouse steps to file a motion to set aside the judgement.We said ok and they told us to pay them $850.00 to get started and if they got a hearing we would pay $2, 000.00. We never did talk to the attorney they assigned us in Orlando, but they sent us a a letter with the date of our hearing.
    I arrived at the courthouse about 30 minutes early, but no attorney showed up. The judge gave me 5 more minutes for my attorney to arrive, when I saw a man who looked lost. I asked him if he was from KEL, and he said that he was from Jacksonville and the attorney that was assigned the case had faxed him the info, and he didn't have chance to read it yet.
    We went into the judges chambers, and when he asked my attorney to tell him why the judgement should be set aside, he didn't know what to say so I started to talk to refresh the judges's memory and he said " you can't talk you have representation". At that point the attorney said your honor kel just faxed me this case this morning and I don't know anything about it, so I will defer to my client, he knows what is going on. I told the judge what I thought the reason to set aside was, when the lender's attorney said that we didn't have 30 days from the sale on the courthouse steps, but 30 days from the judgement and wefiled to late. The judge said that was right. We lost and that was it.
    Not only did Kel take our money after the time was up, but they sent an attorney who didn't even work for their law firm.
    I am pursuing retribution and some kind of sanction by the Florida Bar now. If you know anybody who has been taken by them and want to get something going post it on this forum and I'm in. If any attorney is willing to get them in a class action suit contact me at [protected]@hotmail.com

Oct 09, 2011

my best friend's mom makes $77 an hour on the computer. She has been out of job for 9 months but last month her check was $7487 just working on the computer for a few hours. Read about it here MakeCash3.com

Oct 10, 2011

KEL are a bunch of crooks. They took my money, transferred my case about 10 times, and then gave me BAD advice which almost lead to me losing my home. What a terrible and unethical firm. I recently hired James H Monroe, PA in Orlando, and so far, they are GREAT. KEL has a F BBB rating, and I am going to add another complaint on their file!

• C
      Nov 20, 2011

The worst place I have ever been! ! ! The Law firm of KEL was rude and the top rude dog in the pit was lier Kirk Collie. He has an over rated EGO and he will lie at the drop of a hat if it is going to put a dollar in his pocket. He would let people sit and wait for hours on him to come out and talk to them. Just because he liked making people wait on HIM to arrive. He ran most of the staff off that started work in the Tampa office. Anyone who still works for the Tampa office must be desperate for a job. The over inflated EGO's of the staff in Orlando is a whole different story. The client service department will call you back when they get ready and the reason they can't keep up with all the case's is because they only want your money and they don't have the staff to cover the work load they have. The don't call you back and the turn over of employee's in Orlando is also high. The person you have assigned to your case can change from week to week. They don't know what is going on because they are to busy padding pockets, keeping up a fake image and taking the poor for every last penny. Stay away from them they are crooks! ! !

• I
      Dec 19, 2011

same contact me also [protected]@gmail.com scammed ask for J

• I
      Dec 19, 2011

add me to the list [protected]@gmail.com scammed by KEL

Jan 03, 2012

Similar to other comments here: DO NOT, DO NOT, DO NOT hire KEL for legal representation. Spend a few more hundred dollars and find another legal firm who is not a Lawyer Mill, and get good representation.
    My personal complaint: Very delayed, if any at all, response to phone calls, emails, portal inquiries. Bounced around from department to department "my area is not handling, ... call Litigation...call Customer service ...call back... now call here... now call there". Ridiculous, unprofessional. and this is 1% of the problem. My property went into foreclosure, very quickly, because of a supposed missing document to enable the short sale process, (which is what they were hired for) and the supposed missing document had been in their possession for 5 months. They did realize they did have the document. Oddly, or not really oddly, but just fit in with their mediocre service, they never reached out to ask for the missing document, but only did on a Friday afternoon, right before the court date for Foreclosure on the immediate following Monday. Again...they had the doc for 5 months. Of course the house foreclosed and could not be overruled. Mediocre, Unprofessional, disorganized...to big and greedy for their own good.

Jan 19, 2012

Wow, I posted last year and didn't realize how many more complaints there were. I feel horrible that so many people have experienced negative results with KEL. By in large, most attorney's I've worked with are very responsive and get positive results. Since my last posting, I've helped several more former KEL clients from this board short sale their Orlando area properties. It's quite an easy process if you have honest and hard working people working for you. We close each short sale in an average of 4 months. Less if it's a cut and dry transaction. In most cases, I already have buyers...so no long listings on MLS. All I can say is if you or anyone you know is interested in the option of short selling vs. foreclosure, please call or email me. By the way, talking to me is free!

Sean Spencer
    Licensed Real Estate Advisor
    Owner: Spencer Realty Professionals (look us up on Google)
    [protected] (choose option 3) and you'll get my direct line
    www.SpencerRealtyPros.com

Apr 27, 2012

Does anyone out there know if the Kel Law Group and or its representatives have any connection the Florida Law Group. KEL did nothing representing me in my foreclosure case and for some reason, I think they know the Florida Law Group. Please respond.

Jun 19, 2012

went I call and I explain my situation, they said they can help me I send them my file so they can review, then they ask me for a retainer, they enter their appearance, then they call me and said is nothing they can do and I ask why they gave me a stupid answer and they told me my retainer was under review, I never got the money, I'm filling a complain with the Bar Association then file suit for fraud, my email is [protected]@aol.com if any body have anything to said

Aug 03, 2012

I just FIRED KEL today after dealing with them for WAY too long. I pulled the Equater file right from them, I've had a contract for short sale since Feb and they just got a counter offer from the lender. What have they been doing? I started with them in 2010, BIG mistake. So, I've paid this firm close to $6k. I want to sue them for misrepresentational, and FRAUD.

Aug 03, 2012

Is anyone aware of a class action suit against KEL? There needs to be one! I was defrauded thousands. They didn't do anything.
    I fired them today. It was the best thing I could have ever done.

Sep 24, 2012

KEL Attorneys - Misleads consumers thinking attorneys answer the phones.

It's a minimum wage sales associate who gets a bonus for every consumer who signs up for legal services. So are they really looking to help you or simply get a sale. There is just one attorney who if available may answer the phone. And if you set up one of their free consultations you will then spend the time with a non-attorney. The actual attorney will come in for about 10 to 20 mins and that's it. If you do decide to sign up for legal services the non-attorney is the only one in the room signing you up, the attorney actual leaves the room. So if I'm talking to a non-attorney on the phone and in person is my consultation confidential? What about confidentiality between client and attorney in this case...Hmmm

Don't be fooled by KEL Attorneys!

Jan 24, 2013

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE !!!
    People, don't waste your time or money with this fake firm, they claim to own the building, but they just rent part of 2 floors, and almost lost 1 floor for default of payment.Firm cant even pay for employee parking in the building, employees have to park 3 blocks away in an unsafe environment no matter if your pregnant, injured, or a young woman.
    People, They are scam artists !! How I know? I tell you, I worked for that firm, and at the end they scammed me out of money, they fire about 4 to 6 people every week.

If you are looking to get representation for a possible Loan Modification, TALK TO YOUR BANK !! That is what there there for !!
    Word for thought. If you owe for an example 150k, and all your house is worth 110k, the bank will not give you the modification, even if you get foreclosure, they will promise you the world, everything they do, YOU can do it yourself at the library, or you can pay an accountant $100 and he will do all the work this firm claims to do for $2950. Attorneys or firms CANNOT order or make the bank do anything, (remember this) WHEN THE BANK SAYS NO! THEY MEAN IT !!, all they can do is delay your foreclosure date. That you can do on your own. Most of, TALK TO YOUR BANK. Banks gives loan mods to customers that there homes are not worth what they signed for over 50k. KEL KNOWS THAT !, and they knew it before they started the foreclosure and loan modification department.
    Don't believe the 2 sales people, there's a reason why there not attorneys. You can do it yourself once again.
    YOU CAN GET UP TO 3 LOAN MODS IN A LOAN. Without representation you can live in your foreclosed home for about 2-3yrs sometimes longer depending how big is your bank.
    FYI: The positive feed backs left on this web page are from KEL employees PAID to do it, I know because I was one of them !!!

Good luck with your loan

Jan 30, 2013

I also am a victim of KEL What a bunch of frauds! Beware

Feb 24, 2013

OMG!! Why didn't we do a 'google' search about this law firm (I use the term loosely) BEFORE we obtained them to represent us in a foreclosure suit. They have no idea what the meaning of a 'retainer' is. All they cared about was getting payment from us. After that, it was all down hill. The initial meeting with Danielle Stephen who we had been speaking with on the phone and Veranda (supposedly an attorney from the Orlando office) in addition to a gentlemen running around like a chicken with it's head cut off that kept getting up, leaving the room and coming back in. Wasn't sure what his purpose was for being there. After reviewing the Case Summary, Veranda said she found a loop hole and that was going to be their defense in court. Unfortunately, we had some emails from this Kirk the day after our meeting who as it was explained to us was just trying to assist Danielle in ensuring she had all the signed documents and PAYMENT information. We expressed to her that if it was Kirk who took the initial telephone call and not Danielle that we would NEVER have used their firm to which she replied she understood our impression of him. While meeting with attorney Veranda, she was reviewing the Case Summary and found a loop hole and said there was a very good chance that with this loop hole, it would buy us several months and give us time to save our home. Next thing we know just a few days before our court date, the case was given to another attorney and she didn't see any loop hole as did Veranda. As you can imagine, we were quite upset. All she did was go to court and we were granted another thirty days but it was of no help of this law firm but due to us filing a Motion of Continuance with the Court before ever obtaining this law firm. So our so called 'retainer' was eaten up by this one time court appearance and then they said they needed another $2, 000. but would not explain what they were going to do for the $2, 000. As promised, Danielle never made copies of our file and mail it to us. I placed a call to her asking for our file and asked if there was an Office Manager and if so what their name was. You can well imagine how appalled I was when she answered me that Kirk Collier was the Office Manager. And by the way, the people who answer your calls like Danielle are referred to as consultant para legals. We feel violated and want to see this so called law firm (that as far as we are concerned, seem like nothing more then a boiler room operation) stop taking advantage of people and refund our money. We too, want to see justice and will be filing a complaint with the Florida Bar and any other appropriate agencies so that other people won't get burned, too.

Apr 30, 2013

We own a real estate/property management company in Orlando and represent MANY people working to short sale their properties. We were recently was called by 3 (in the same week!) sellers that were all with KEL, paid almost $3, 000 each for KEL to represent them in a short sale (which is ridiculous by itself). We work with investors that purchases condos in over 90 communities in and around the Orlando & Tampa areas and we contracted on one of these properties. A year went by, only 2 out of dozens of return phone calls and a few emails and nothing was done. The 1 year contract between KEL and the seller was set to expire, no forward movement with the short sale and KEL sends them a letter to renew their contract for another $2, 900. Needless to say, the seller refused to renew the contract. Long story short, my investor re-contracted on the property using a different negotiator I work with, the property closed in 4 months and the seller is incredibly happy. We work with the best negotiators and get short sales closed within 90-180 days (4 months being the average) and little or no cost to the seller, All of OUR fees are paid by the Bank. It's morally wrong to financially rape vulnerable sellers, provide little or no service, get little or no results and then expect them to pay you more when the job wasn't performed to industry standards. If you or someone you know is interested in considering a short sale, PLEASE tell them to contact us. Even if none of them decided to use our services (which doesn't cost them a penny), I'd be willing to talk to each of them, educate them on the process so no matter who they use, they are informed enough to ask the important questions and avoid a situation where they pay out thousands of dollars and get no results. [protected]@SpencerRealtyPros.com

Jun 09, 2014

Im looking to sue KEL for similar experience as well. I hired them to do my bankruptcy to stop foreclosure. They never did! two months later I lost my house. Leading up to it I have tried numerous times to contact them with no response. They owe me a house, with all my belongings and my money I paid them and my service provided. What can be done? Cant we all do something?

May 30, 2015

I made the mistake of hiring KEL to handle a bankruptcy matter. In spite of the negative reviews I decided to give them a chance anyway. When I first met with KEL they assured me that my matter would be handled urgently due to an upcoming hearing. They had no problem in taking $1850 including court cost for filing. All necessary information was provided to KEL in a very rapid fashion. Not only did KEL not follow up, it was me the customer that did All of the initiating. When I was able to speak with a document collector Kenya Hylton in the Orlando Fl office. I was told that my filing was not going to be done before the upcoming hearing, and in fact it would have to go through two more Hurdles, including over to a paralegal and then to the lawyer. I expressed my dissatisfaction and asked why was this not told to me before collecting my money. At this point the representative became rude, and I immediately cancelled their service within four days of employing them, and hired another law firm that filed the suggestion of Bankruptcy within twenty five minutes of arriving in their offices for less money. The icing on the cake was receiving a letter supposedly from their bankruptcy department with no name or title of the person sending the correspondence stating that the company will not be refunding any money.

If you value your money do not ignore their negative reviews, and make my same mistake. This company will hustle you for your money to pay their extensive television marketing campaigns and you will not get any service. This company has been kicked off the BBB. KEL was banned from filing foreclosures in Central Florida. KEL has been reprimanded by the Florida Bar, and the Supreme Court. I never expect to receive a dime of my money back and plan on filing a complaint with the Florida Bar and a civil suit, however if I can save another customer from having their money stolen from thes crooks, then mission accomplished.

Jul 16, 2015

I will never recommend this law firm to anyone, they are not professional at all you pay them money to represent you and they don't even do that. You call to see how your case is going an they don't pick up their extensions. If I knew this was what I was paying for I would it done the work myself they got over $1, 400. from me an they did nothing at all to the point that I had to ask if they were working for me or the other people. This people are just awful they only care about the money you pay them not you or your problem.

• C
      Dec 11, 2015

Get a PROGRAMMED blank Atm card in less than 4 days and contact them immediately at their email address at: gary.[protected]@gmail.com today. Capable of hacking into any ATM machine, anywhere in the world. There is no risk involved and this card has been programmed in such a way that it is not traceable +[protected]

• H
      May 11, 2016

Yes, we have also been swindled by KEL. We filed to get custody of the husband's child from the exwife. Along with this, the child has been living with us for over 2 years now, and we hired KEL to take care of cancelling child support from going to the exwife. Well, she's going to be an adult next year and this case is STILL open. Technically, we wasted our money . KEL did not deliver what they told us they would. Where can I complain and get some kind of refund for this?