Juniper BankDo not do business with these bank!

D

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS BANK. If you have a Credit Card account, pay it off IMMEDIATELY. This Bank is a RIP-OFF. I was directed to this Bank when I bought an Apple Computer. From day one, I had suspicions because they were vague about when to make my first payment. Secondly, when I made a internet payment, they were very slow to post it to the account. I called and asked to change my payment date, no can do, says a rep. I then checked online to see what others had to say. I was shocked! Paid the thing off to a zero balance, and canceled the Card. You should do the same. Beware, only a fool would do business with this Bank!!

• Kh
    khôi đặng đình Jan 18, 2020

Why barclay finance bank force me to close the TAN code fee...

...

Comments
    Comments

• Gr
    Grommet Aug 24, 2016

I have received two small charges from Juniper Bank on the Visa CC that I usually use. I have no idea what these are. Has anyone else experienced this? Is it associated with Airtran/Barclay? - that's the only thing I can figure out.

• Ad
    Adams Aug 11, 2016

I totally Agree. I just got this card, and when I got my first bill I paid 3 times what my minimum payment was. I just got the second bill showing my same credit limit and went online to pay it, and was shocked to see my credit limit was chopped down to not even a third of what it was. This is just a joke. I called the customer service numer and they couldn't give me a reason why this had happened, but did tell me I wasn't the only one. Obviously this is a standard practice for this company. SHAME ON THEM!! I will be paying this account off and canceling ASAP.

sally Aug 11, 2016

What a company! They are rude and liers. They are full of hot air and when pushed for details of their decisions they hide behind Privacy Laws and Bank Policy.

Having had this card for a number of years with a measly credit limit of $2100, and having paid my bills each month I received an email stating I was approaching my credit limit when I knew I was no where near the credit limit. The Bank had decided to reduce my credit limit, hence take me from a good debt and loan to a terrible one, hence impacting my credit report!.

The story was The Economy, but the Customer Service Rep. could not not give specific details of why, then it was non-activity on the account - there was activity but paid off each month - another excuse shot down. Then when asked for what private information they had about me which lead to this decision I was told they could not give it to me as it was against the banks policy. So when I asked for a complaint number they could not even produce one.

What a load of con merchants - no wonder the country is going to the dogs, and this is the type of business our tax dollars are going to support.

The Barclays connection is interesting as I was a Barclays Customer for some 30 years and was never treated with anything but politeness and respect - that is no longer my opinion of one of the Big 4 in England.

My plan - to close this account with immediate effect and pay off the small remaining balance and go back to the old fashioned way of doing busines - using my Bank account, as this was my only active credit card. Obviously if I owed millions I would not be harassed!

sally Aug 11, 2016

I have just received my new statement and low and behold they credit limit has been reduced, but there is no letter as promised 'in the mail' with an explanation. Yet another lie.

Also, I was assessed a late fee due to the fact my check was not processed. Having checked my bank account I see the check was processed on 12/29/08 some 19 days after being despatched in the mail - Where has my check been lingering - the mail room I suspect to enable them to charge a late fee.

This practice is criminal and as already stated I am in the process of closing this account.

• Nj
    njasc Aug 11, 2016

We too received an email message advising us that we were nearing the credit limit with our Juniper-Barclays issued US Airways MasterCard. This was surprising since two weeks ago our statement had the outstanding balance at about 35% of the credit limit. Behold, we discovered that they had reduced our credit limit by more than 50% without any notice. Now our outstanding balance is closer to 90% and of course this makes us a "bad credit risk". Their customer service was absolutely useless. We've always paid on time and with more than the minimum due. We've been good customers for several years and now we get treated like this? I'm disgusted with the US credit system and find it disgraceful that companies can now create bad "bad consumers" through their actions and not of the consumer.

• Ur
    urrrgh Aug 11, 2016

Same thing just happened to me! I've worked hard to get my credit in a good place and then they go and pull this... reducing my score and my ability to get new credit with such a ridiculously low limit.

• Sk
    skepticalsally Aug 11, 2016

You should never put your account number online!

• Ju
    Julade Aug 11, 2016

I was a customer for Juniper Bank for almost 10 years. They called to le me know that if I paid a lump sum of my balence, they would keep my card open and give me other incentives. Once I did that, they closed my card. They made an agreement with me just to get a certain amount of money then lied to me about keeping the account open when all they were trying to do was close the account at their will without informing me. I called and called and customer service was no help. They continue to place me on extended periods of hold, promising to get an manager to review my account and nother ever happened. They promised to call me back and took my number but no calls ever came.

They are greedy and scam artists telling the consumer what ever it takes to get a higher payment out of the consumer. They prey on college students and always go back on what they say. There customer service people will say what ever it takes to get you off the phone and they never attempt to resolve anything.

They have no regard for long term customers or people who try to make payments in good faith. They don't give a hoot about you keeping in touch with them to try and maintain communication if there is a problem with the account.

They suck and need to be hauled off to jail!

• Kh
    khloee04 Aug 11, 2016

not saying it is right but they are laying the ground work to go after estate. When he passed away, by law, they are entitled to any estate monies. I know with his treatment there probably is not any BUT they are still going to try. And I warn you...the law is on their side.

• St
    Stanley R Aug 11, 2016

My brother died one year ago. He lived with my 93 year old mother - he was her care-giver and died of luekemia. We sent a death certificate to all his creditors within one month of his death. For some reason Juniper started calling my mom in May, 2010. Five and six calls a day. She is hard of hearing and very nervous about these types of calls as she now lives alone. I arrived at her house on July 8, 2010 at 7:30 p.m. and within minutes they called. I answered the phone and explained the situation to the caller - whose name was Ruby. I arranged to re-fax her a death certificate. She was so hard to understand that I asked where she was and she told me the Phillipines. The next morning another call came from Rene - also in the Phillipines. I was angry and told her Ruby assured her my mom would not get any more calls. Resent the death certificate a third time. Four hours later another call - another fake-named girl from the Phillipines. I tried to find a real phone number for Juniper to lodge a complaint and none exists. Two more calls later I finally got a "supervisor" to assure me that no more calls would come. They stopped for about 10 days and then a lawyer's office called and said the account had been sent to collections and I had to start all over again explaining that the creditor was dead! I found out from this woman that the amount due was $182. There actions were illegal, harrassing and unjustified and i wish the entire company nothing but ill-will

chris f Aug 11, 2016

I also was ripped off by Juniper/Barclays Bank, by the way, this is one of the largest banks in Europe/India. I was charged for a $10 cash advance fee and $8 for interest charges, this brought my balance over the limit by $3. I was charged a $39 over limit charge for being $3 over the limit. I called the customer service call center in the Phillipines and I was told they never waive fees for going over limit. I have other Visa cards and they will not charge over limit fees for finance charges only for purchases. So I need to get rid of this credit card, these people are crooks.

• Th
    Theresa Yelich Aug 11, 2016

I am so frustrated with Juniper Bank. They have a toll free number, but it is all automated. If you want to talk to someone, it is a long distance call. Everything has a cost.... The public relations person wants $15 to help post. I tried posting and made a mistake. I couldn't reverse it, so I was charged a $29 return fee. I didn't receive a statement. If I waited for them to send me a copy, it would have resulted in a $38 late fee. You can email them, but they never resolve anything. Juniper Bank is the worst!!

• Nt
    n. townsend Aug 11, 2016

I AM GOING TO PAY THIS OFF AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

I wish I had been able to do more research on this when I signed up for this card. I have been ahead in my payments and they still charged me a late fee. When I called to complain, they said they could not reverse any fees. That's a bunch of bullsh*t!They are charging fees that are not valid.

I AGREE WITH ANYONE WHO SAYS DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY AND I CERTAINLY WON'T RECOMMEND THIS CARD.

• Iv
    ivette Aug 11, 2016

Every person that has been wronged by Juniper should file a complaint with their state attorney. There was a case filed in California against Providian. Providian was sued by the state for the same practices that Juniper is conducting against its clients. A class action lawsuit was brought upon this company, and the state won. Here's a link that might be informative (www.commondreams.org). In most states, the state attorney position is one in which the public votes. Use your political representatives to voice your anger, and disappointment. It is apparent that new laws will be implemented to change the course of how banks conduct their credit card schemes. The down fall to these new laws is that they will be implemented in a year. As a group, we can make changes, a lone, we don't have chance.

• Di
    Diane Cooper Aug 11, 2016

I am being ripped off by this bank also - now known as Barclays Bank Delaware/Juniper. They held my checks and posted them after the due date - resulting in late fees and overlimit fees and raising my apr from 8.99 to 30.24%! Everytime I make a payment the balance goes up - they are still ripping me off and stealing my money even after I did a balance transfer to another bank - the online statement stated remaining balance of 105.00 so I paid that off and now when I logged on the remaining balance stated 158.00! These people are criminals and I hope nobody else gets sucked in like I did. I am not paying those ### another cent and when I get a letter from collections I am going to insist that this bank pays me back the money they stole from me amounting to over $200. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS BANK!!

• Cl
    Clg Aug 11, 2016

I have the same issues as the others who are victims of the unscrupulous business practices.

I had a late fee taken off yet, they used that to increase my interest from 7.9% to 23.24%. Which I didn't know about until I was wondering why I have an over the limit fee. Because the new interest then put me over the limit at $124 month. Which then happen again next month upon making the min. payment? The assessed another over limit and increased my interest to 27.24%! Which makes my interest $165 for this month?

So if I were again to make my minimum payment according to them and then add next month interests it puts me over the limit again.

Another over limit fee and probably they would raise my interest again. Can they ever stop?

Now I would pay more than the minimum, had I not lost my job.

What can be done to stop this craziness?

chuck sinclair Aug 11, 2016

Ok here is the deal my father in law is 74yrs old his wife just passed away and with her passing he lost a source of income. He owes juniper around 2300.00 he asked me to call his creditors and see if they would be willing to settle his accounts at a lower payoff amount, Merrick bank is awesome by the way.

and most of his credit cards and store accounts agreed to do so one company cut his bill in half. Then I call juniper and get the phillipines over and over and over and it is the same script every time. So as a former investigator I kept looking for phone numbers to juniper but all I kept finding were numbers that led me back to the phillipines.
    You gotta love it a american company with phillipino employees. Anyways I found this number it is [protected] which is junipers legal department then I got this number [protected] which is their excutive office.

• Va
    Valora Aug 11, 2016

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY, THEY ARE NOW OUTSOURCING THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE/COLLECTIONS TO SOME COUNTRY WHERE THE STAFF IS NOT ONLY RUDE, HANGING UP ON THE CUSTOMER, BUT THEY REFUSE TO HELP.

SERVICE IN THE STATES WILL NOT GIVE YOU A SUPERVISOR TO SPEAK TO, THEY GIVE YOU FAX NUMBERS THAT DO NOT CONNECT, THEY TRY TO SIDE STEP DEALING WITH THE CUSTOMER.

WE ARE VERY RESPONSIBLE AND OUR TRYING TO PAY OFF OUR DEBT. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!1

• Sm
    smmbcjjjk Oct 06, 2012

I have been with Juniper Bank -- two accounts -- and never had alick of trouble. Because you do not like something that happens DOES NOT authomatically mean the company is a scam. That is ridiculous. I had a horrendous time with Best Buy over a crappy computer they sold me as "the best, " and I will never shop there again, for anything--but does this make Best Buy a scam? No. Grow up people. The internet has given us the ability to ### and moan about anything and anyone, This has produced a bunch of ninnys who will c omplain to great lengths about things that probably they had great fault in but will not admit.

I asked for my pay date to change and they changed it.
    I was late on a payment and they reimbursed the late fees.
    They increased my interest rates right before congress pushed through tougher laws--so di every single bank in America.
    Unless you have super credit, you cannot afford to make mistakes and must use the card like a grow up, handle problems like a growen up and stop calling every company that does not give you your way a scam

Juniper gives cards to people with crappy credit to help them improve their rating So m ore people are going to screw up and be pissed off faster than with another bank. This company took a chance on you and now you are pissing about them? The complaint rate will be higher than the norm because they give people who should not be getting a card, credit. Most do not know the first thing about finances which is why they need the high interest card in the first place. Juniper raised my credit to where it is now at the highest level possible. Sis they increase my limit? No. They said up front that they ne er would. My rates were 6.9 until the law went into affect and now they are 12.9 not bad considering the economy.

I now owe them nothing on both cards I tok out, but I would not cancel this card for anything. They are a good company which has now been taken over by Capital One. Are they a scam? Who they buy a scam bank? No.

GROW UP COMPLAINERS--LOOK AT YOURSELF--WHAT DID YOU DO TO CAUSE THE PROBLEM??

• To
    Tom Sands Apr 30, 2012

I just want to say that this bank has no concern for customer service. After 3 years of constant increases to my credit limit for rewarding me for "on time " payments, Excellent credit history, and paying more than what was due, never missing a payment, never having a late fee or any other blemish on my history with them, I suddenly got a letter telling me that my credit limit was decreased to only what was currently owed them. I called customer service, they could not help me in anyway. They relied on a credit report from trans union that was old and out of date, instead of my credit payments, and history with them. This bank has no customer loyalty or rewards for good customers. So as of today, I will not use this card, and publicly tell my story as I am sure more people will get the same treatment in the future.
    I hope Trans Union banks with them, because I won't.

• M
    M. Nov 05, 2011

I have had a Juniper card for several years. My interest rate began at 7.99% and suddenly jumped to 30.24%! I NEVER missed a payment, NEVER was late on a payment. It seems as I approached my credit limit (actually I was still $3000 away from my limit) they took it upon themselves to lower my limit and increase my rate at which point they then saw me as a "risk". This all came, conveniently, before the Credit Card Reform Act was passed (just before). Now I pay over $400 month and I am charged almost the same in interest every month (in other words the balance barely goes down). It is a no-win situation. I struggle each month to find money for heating oil because everything I have needs to go to Juniper. I've called several times to ask for a decrease to no avail. I would advise EVERYONE, no matter how good your credit score is, to AVOID them like the plague! Juniper is the epitome of greedy, corrupt institutions that are now fueling the protests on Wall Street (an across the country!!!)

• La
    Laizoz Sep 01, 2011

I don’t know where they got my phone number from and they keep calling every day to harass me. When I answered it was an automated machine that asked me apologize for no apparent reason. It is a fraudulent activity and the police or better business bureau should shut them down. How can a bank harass people by phone marathons? I would never use a bank that resorts to sleazy techniques like calling up unknown people. Its a horrible way to do business. I want to know if there is anyway I can stop this from happening? I tried pressing zero for customer service but surely that wasn’t there for help.

• Mb
    mblumenf Aug 20, 2011

I had a Juniper Bank credit card for several years and had what seems to be the normal experience of being charged late fees pretty much regardless of whether the payment was early, on time or late (I was late by one day once and by 4 hours once). As everyone else has described, the interest rate went to 29.9% at which point I paid the balance and kept the card for use in case of emergencies. It took a while to actually pay the blasted thing off, since they managed to tack on a few bucks as an additional payment the month after I paid it off. The annoying thing about that was that I paid the amount they told me I needed to pay and they STILL tacked on a few bucks. After a few months of carrying a zero balance, they cancelled the card without any warning. That would not have been so bad, except that it totally blew the credit utilization part of my credit score since that card was around half my available credit. I went from having about 40-45% utilization to being maxed out, overnight! Don't get a card from this company unless you have a burning desire to talk to un-helpful "customer service" reps about why things are screwed up again THIS month.

• In
    intellex58 Jul 25, 2011

Well apparently Juniper doesn’t give a damn about what you feel and is more than willing to let your business go to someone else. Their responsibly is not the economy it is making money for the shareholders.

• De
    despy Jul 24, 2011

Juniper Bank / Barclay BankI have been n perfect standing with this company for 3yrs, they sent a letter stating they would be charging a annual fee because of the delenquent account i have and decline in economy. I dont feel this is right since ive never once missed a payment and have made more then thre minimum amount due. They are not helping with the decline in the economy.

• Pe
    PEL Jul 10, 2011

Here is the issue for those of you who SAY you don't have any issues. If you do not pay your account off each month and every month you are being charged interest on new purchases and your old balance. Plus, if you pay your balance off in one month they continue to charge interest on the PAID OFF balance for the next month. You have to pay your balance in full 2 consecutive months in a row not to be charged interest on money you have ALREADY paid off. I just tried to close my account with a 0 balance and they informed me, I would likely get a statement for the interest on the money I paid off the prior month.

• Kb
    KB78 Apr 07, 2011

Never had a problem with this card or this bank. I have had my card since 2006, and I have been late once or twice due to some unforseen circumstances. I paid my late fees, made good on my payments and have not had any other issues. Have not had any processing issues ( I set up an autopayment for the minimum, and pay over that on my own). I have seen my interest rate change, but it goes down when my balance is lower than 50% of the limit, and goes down again if I keep it that way.

• Vi
    vinchenze Apr 06, 2011

mine was closed too w/o notice. i never missed a payment either. makes me wonder why i should continue to pay for something that was closed. (of course i'm gonna pay it, but they're not getting anymore interest out of me.)

• Wi
    Williamp Mar 27, 2011

I had a Juniper bank card for several years wih no problems. I lost my job and had to go through debt management in order to stay on top of my bills. A little over a year ago when I started this they dropped my APR to 9% from 20% and everything was fine for about a year. The .ast month they reduced the credit on the card (not a big deal since I don't use it as per the terms of the debt cosolidation) but they dropped it so now I'm over the limit, being hit with feess, and my APR has jumped to 39.99%. When the have called they always say they never recieved the propsal from the debt management company, yet they reduced the APR to 9% then it shot up to 39%. I get on average 5-8 calls a day, 7 days a week from these people wanting more money of which I do not have. My advice is stay as far away from this company as you can. The are predators just waiting for the chance to jump on your misfortune or mistake. I feel there is a special place in Hell for these people. If there is a class action lawsuit agianst them sign me up.

• Dm
    DMC Mar 24, 2011

I don't know where they got my phone number from and they keep calling every day to harras me. When I answered it was an automated machine that asked me apologize for no apparent reason. It is a fraudulent activity and the police or better business bureau should shut them down. How can a bank harras people by phone marathons? I would never use a bank that resorts to sleazy techniques like calling up unknown people. Its a horrible way to do business. I want to know if there is anyway I can stop this from happening? I tried pressing zero for customer service but surely that wasn't there for help.

• Co
    concerned_9 Jan 06, 2011

I paid my balance off in full on 12/2010 and this month 1/6/2011 I just received an email stating I had a balance of $3.54 for finance charges. I called, spoke with a rep and was told that this was from previous charges. I asked several times if I would be charged again next month if there were no charges and was informed NO. Did you find this to be a recurring charge? I am curious to see if it is next month...If so, isn't this illegal? I never ever use the cash advance option and I have had this card for a few years now and never had this happen, so I am very concerned.

• Th
    Thomas Clodfelter Oct 07, 2010

My rate was 7.99% in until Feb 2009 then it jumped to 12.24% for no reason. I’m a contractor working for the US Army overseas. In May 2009, I was on my way to Afghanistan. I called Customer Service ( I seriously laugh when I use the term “Customer Service”) to inform them the May 2009 payment would be late. I reached a woman in the Philippines who told me it would be okay just make the payment when I got to Afghanistan.

In June 2009 I made a $600 payment yet the rate again jumped to 19.99%. I tried numerous times to contact Juniper at the numbers provided both on my card as well as contact information on your web site. Every time, without fail, I reached either someone in either India or the Philippines. I received the same response…there was nothing they could do, there were no programs I was eligible for…call back next month. They all read from the same script. I repeatedly asked for someone who was a Supervisor or Manager and got nowhere. I e-mailed and wrote letters and received negatives responses every time.

In December 2009 the rate again jumped to 30.34% even though I made payments every month. Between June 2009 and Jan 2010 I made over $4700 in payments and my balance was reduced by less than $900.

In March 2010 I stopped making payments. I figured that would get someone’s attention, and it did. In May 2010 I received a call from a woman who seemed very responsive. She told me I would have to make up the payment. She would give me 2 numbers to get the rate reduced to the original rate and she gave me her “personal” number.

Like a fool, I made the payment ($337.36) via the phone. Afterwards I called the 2 numbers she provided to get the rate reduced. I tried both numbers provided several time and both numbers went straight to either India or the Philippines. I was again told there was nothing they could do. I called her personal number she provided and it didn’t work. What a surprise there!?

I have repeatedly asked to talk with Supervisors and Managers to no avail. The “Customer Service” has been absolutely terrible. No one in the Philippines or India was able to provide any help or any other contact number to resolve this matter.

I stopped making payments again and refuse to make any further payments until this is resolved to my satisfaction.

In Sept 2010, Mr Ray Brookes called my wife and told her she had to make a payment. He stated he was not going to call her again about it… like it was a threat!? My wife gave me Mr. Brookes number [protected] X 84379) and on 2 Oct 2010 I called to find it didn’t work either. I was put in touch with Ms Tyra, who said she wasn’t allowed to give her last name. I said that’s funny because Mr. Brookes sure did.

Tyra told me she would delete all the interest and late fees and I could pay a flat payment of $6, 000 and have 90 days to pay it off. I told Tyra I flat refused to pay one cent on this account until it was corrected to my satisfaction. I told her to send it to collections and she responded it “was in collections at Juniper”. I told her to send it to an outside collection agency…I don’t care. My credit score has gone from a 700 to 450. She assured me it would be taken care of. She gave me her “personal” number. I in fact did call her back at the number she provided and was totally shocked and surprised when I was able to contact her.

The frustration and anger, as well as the damage to my credit score, has been exhausting to say the least. Again, at no time has Juniper/Barclay taken any steps to correct this or to even respond to my numerous calls, e-mails and letters. The fact they have out sourced to India and the Philippines is absolutely no excuse for the lack of attention this has deserved since Feb 2009. The "Customer Service" ...is absolutely attrocious...the worst I've ever seen!

This is the first time in my life that I have willingly and purposefully not paid a bill I owed. I have had no other choice, as Juniper/Barclays has not attempted to resolve this in over a year and a half.

• Bo
    boxFrontier Jul 23, 2010

Wow, what a joke of a bank. Barclays Bank's customer service department is by far THE worst I have encountered. I am surprised Frontier Airlines has not moved on to a different bank to administer the frequent flier credit card offer. The customer service at the bank is the worst I have ever experienced.

If I did not love Frontier Airlines and want the mileage credit I would have dumped Barclays Bank long ago.

Seriously, I do not understand how a company (Barcays) can stay in business with the poor customer service, lack of follow through, incompetent employees, not well-trained employees on their own products (e. g. stating they don't offer a "Pay Pass" credit card through Frontier Airlines, when they do!!!), weak supervisors, not calling back within 24 hours as they state a manager will do and managers not even aware of what the problem is.

This goes back to mid-May when I was sent a new credit card because I was "upgraded" to a better card. Two months later and nearly 30 phone calls and I don't have resolution and continue to get incompetent customer service employees who give me incorrect information and do not seem to care to fix the situation. Stay clear of getting one of these cards if you can help it. (I read the negative post by a person who "was roped" into one there at the Denver Airport.)

I am so disappointed in this product, Barclays Bank, any Barclays cards, especially the Frontier Airlines Barclays MasterCard, the incompetent call center they use in Manila, the uniformed bank customer service personnel in the U.S. who do not follow through and seem uninterested in helping, Frontier Airlines.

There are other better choices out there. Be aware - Mike

• Jz
    JZADROCK Jul 12, 2010

I, TOO, have had several of the SAME complaints!!! I made payments on THEIR site in plenty of time for it to be posted without incurring late fees or over-limit fees. Well, they managed to waste time posting the payment which resulted in a late fee and in turn that resulted in me being overlimit. So, there you have it...a late fee resulting in beine over-limit in turn resultin in BOTH a late fee AND an over-limit fee. I am trying like heck to pay this off so I can then deal with other banks similar to this one!!!

BE CAREFUL WHO YOU SIGN UP WITH!! DOESN'T MATTER IF THEY PROMISE TO HELP YOU RE-ESTABLISH YOUR CREDIT OR WHATEVER OTHER PROMOSES THEY MAKE...THEY DON'T KEEP ANY OF THEIR PROMISES BUT THEY DO LIE AN AWFUL LOT !!!

JZADROCK

• Ko
    Koyotekyle May 21, 2010

Do not do business with this bank. I had their card for years, and it was due to expire 2012. They just canceled my card, refused to allow me to use my EARNED REWARDS POINTS.

I have written to them, emailed them, and called them (had to call back numerous times) AND THEY DON'T CARE!!!

They will not reinstate my points or allow me to use them. This dishonesty and attitude in a bank is why congress interferes in private industry

• St
    stefgrrl May 16, 2010

I'm very confused. I have a US Air card that I rarely use. One day, my statement said that I had a negative balance. I wasn't sure why and then the next statment said that balance was gone and I recieved a letter for Juniper Financial indicating that they had a recent inquiry from me (which wasn't the case) and then they sent me a refund check. To say the least, I'm suspicious considering that I can't seem to find any clear information about this company.
    Has anyone else had this experience and how have you dealt with it?

• Je
    jeree Feb 24, 2010

I had the exact experience. They refused my debt managemnet proposal and kept adding late fees, etc. Their trick is to automatically place you on their debt management program however, this is illegal without you giving them permission to do so. So, you call them and you tell them you do not want to be placed on their internal program and that you want them to accept the proposal of your debt management company. I had to repeat this process 4 times before I got anywhere. Finally, they placed me on a 90 program where they reviewed and considered my debt managemmt companies proposal and during that time I had to pay them $48 a month however, all the late fees etc halted during that 90 days. I had my debt management company once again send them a proposal. The 4th proposal and at the end of the 90 days Jupiter finally accepted the plan. This also was efforts by me of repeatedly sending Senator Charles Schummer of New York information from this website and my complaints and they subnmitted my complaint to the FDIC (I think it was ). Whatever company took care of bad banks . Can you believe (yes) that Juniper literally lied to them and sent them a letter saying that the reason they didn't accept me was because my account was current. They told my debt management company it was because they placed me on their internal program. LIE. So, I went back and sent Senator Schummer my bills for 1 0 months that showed the left hand columne of my statement the words that read "Your account is over limit", etc. and I circled the amounts they were charging me for over limit and late fees. All of those fees were added because they were not responding to my debt management company and therefore made them late. So, good luck. Be persistand and keep your debt management company up to date and have them send a proposal every month if they will. But you need to write and call Juniper and tell them you did NOT give them permission to put you on their internal program. Good Luck.

• Tn
    TNksp Feb 15, 2010

This bank credit card is at present charging 29.9% interest and the same percentage on overlimit amounts. In October of last year I found it necessary to turn several accounts of mine over to a debt management firm. One of the accounts was my Juniper/Barclay Bank card with a balance of $621.00 now carries a balance of over $1000.00 because they have refused to accept or even notify the mgt company that they will not accept the terms of my debt management. They have added $78.00 in late and overlimit fees plus interest charge each month.

I have even emailed the bankcard customer service dept myself for an answer but they will not reply.

Maybe it's my fault that I got into this situation, but that does not excuse the actions of this so-called bank. I previously worked in banking for over 19 years and we never, ever treated out customers this way. My advice: DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES DO BUSINESS WITH THIS BANK. THEY ARE TOTALLY BOGUS.

• Co
    coffeeisgreat Feb 11, 2010

I have had a Juniper account for about 4 1/2 years now. I have never really had a major problem with them. I have had 2 incidents with late fees in the past, but that was about 3 years ago when I forgot to send my payment in on time. I have been a good customer with them since then, and even my credit report reflects my on time payments spanning over the last 3 1/2 years. I did get a rate increase along with everyone else this past November, due to "economic reasons, " which I agree is bull, but I pay off my balances every month so I am not hit with any interest. I do plan on calling to request them to lower my rate in about 6 months, when hopefully the "economic situation" isn't so new anymore.

That said, I have noticed that they can be slow in processing payments. I pay online, which is faster and easier for me to keep track, and I notice that they take the money from my checking account the very next day... but they won't actually reflect this in my available credit until up to 7 or 8 days later. I have had to call once before to ask them to apply my payment since they had processed it a week before, and they lifted the hold that day, but it was pretty inconvenient.

I do like having my card on me for emergencies, and I don't plan on cancelling my account any time soon. I've built up a good history with them and that reflects positively on my credit reports. However, I do plan on shopping around for another card to use. I definitely have seen other cards with better offers and benefits, and certainly better reviews.