Jewel-Osconew check cashing and service desk employee

L

On Saturday Sept. 22 at approximately 10:45 am I was in the check out lane at the Woodridge (75th St) Jewel. I have shopped that store and wrote a check for the last 40 years every week. When I went to write my check it was over $300 which I was told needed to be approved. Fine...however, very slow getting any help from the store or front line manager. Finally they moved me to the service desk where the gentleman behind the counter ignored me and waited on other customers. When he finally got around to helping me he called to get my check approved...after waiting 15 minutes I left. No communication from the service desk about time of call just totally ignored me.
I live nearby and this was my store to shop in. I can't believe the rudeness of the staff, their total lack of caring about a customer and overall difficulty writing a check for groceries that I have been doing for many many years. The cashier knows me! A lot of the store knows me. Thanks to this incident I will be shopping elsewhere, I don't ask for much but considerate employees will always be at the top of my list.