JC Penneyshame, shame

If this is the bank that handles JCPenney's credit card services, I am very aggravated over the increase in the interest rate of this card. It was already ridiculously high and now it is being jacked up even higher which I feel is exemplifying greed and a lack of concern for the users who are already facing difficult enough times with this economy. I personally will not be using my card any more unless I can pay off the balance the next month. I also will be advising people to not apply for a JCPenney card or to use theirs if they already have one and I have been an employee of JCPenney who had to encourage people to apply for cards. Shame on you!!

Joe Schomo Jun 05, 2008

JC Penny used to be a good company but recently I had furniture delivery guys break doorknob which I didnt discover until after they left then I ordered 2 items online with a promised ship date a week later and they call me 3 days after the ship date and tell me it will be another 10 days. Why should I believe these liars again? Im finished with them. Theres too many other competitors out there. Maybe Ill try them again in 2 or 3 years to see if theyve changed or maybe not.

• Te
    tessrus Jun 17, 2008

This month I noticed a $9.95 charge from SBS*Fun Family Rewards on my credit card statement. When I called the [protected] tel. number the message is that "We are experiencing unusually high tele., etc." I can imagine why! This bogus charge is something that has been added, I find out through my credit card company, since last December!! It seems that when I ordered from JC Penney over the internet in November, this charge was somehow added on a monthly basis to my account without my knowledge or permission! What a scam!!! My credit card company is removing these current and past charges to my account and I have left a message at the 888 tel. number to cancel this program - which the recording tells me has been done. We'll see. I'll never again order from JCPenney!

• Gl
    gladys Jul 08, 2008

me too was surprised that I was charge with this $9.95 monthly and when I called the number [protected] and was told that I it has something to do with an order I had made through the catalog which I don't remember giving okay on this since I'm careful with my expenses. I asked her over the phone to cancel that and I was told that can't be done but they will send me materials to do and until now it's been 3 weeks, I have not received any materials so I can cancel that item.
    I will called my bank also to block this charges.

This is a terrible scam!

• Jh
    jhil Jul 14, 2008

This is a total scam. I called the company and was talked into giving my birthdate "for confirmation reasons". THey then absolutely REFUSED to cancel my service. Finally I said you have 1 minute to cancel my service. Still refused, so I told them I would be hanging up and calling someone else. I then called JC Penney and asked for a supervisor. She put me on hold and called the company, told me it had been cancelled and the $9.95 charge reversed. I also got a confirmation number. Good luck to you all and tell JC Penney you don't want to shop there anymore.
    J

• La
    laughing jcp Aug 19, 2008

In all honesty you did give permission for your credit card to be billed, especially if you called and placed a order. And if you really investigated you would find out JCP and or Stonebridge has a recording of you not only saying yes to the terms of the free 30 day trial and agreeing to pay $9.99 a month there after if you did not call the toll free number to cancel, they even have you recorded repeating the last 5 digits of your credit card. Maybe you need to pay more attention to what you are saying yes to.

• Bm
    BMS Inc - Judy Fischer Sep 26, 2008

While ordering shirts for employees on line at jcp.com, we were enrolled in JCP Fun Family Rewards and $9.95 was charged to the company credit card used for the purchase of the shirts. We did not want to order Fun Family Rewards and don't know how or why we were enrolled.

MARYE Feb 06, 2009

SO YOU ACTUALLY ARE DEFENDING FAMILY FUN REWARDS, WELL THEN MAYBE YOU CAN EXPLAIN TO ME HOW YOU CAN JUSTIFY CHARGING MY JCPENNEY CREDIT CARD 9.05 PER MONTH FOR YOUR PROGRAM WHEN I NEVER AUTHORIZED IT.

ALSO, WHEN YOUR COMPANY FIRST CALLED ME, I WAS INFORMED THAT THE CALL WAS BEING MONITORED, SO WHY DON'T YOU PRODUCE IT, DURING WHICH I TOLD YOUR REP THAT I NEVER DO BUSINESS OVER THE PHONE, AND THEN I SUGGESTED SHE SEND ME INFORMATION IN THE MAIL SO I COULD LOOK IT OVER, AND MAKE UP MY OWN MIND.

SHE SAID SHE WOULD DO THAT, AND EVER SINCE THAT CALL, FAMILY FUN REWARDS BEGAN CHARGING MY JCP ACCOUNT 9.95 EVERY MONTH FOR OVER ONE YEAR. I NEVER AGREED TO THIS. I NEVER USED YOUR SERVICES, NEVER HAD ANY FURTHER CORRESPONDENCE WITH YOU CO, EXCEPT FOR THE UNAUTHORIZED CHARGE.

LETTERS GO UINANSWERED, AND I HAVE YET TO GET MY REFUND!

IN ADDITION, THE INTERNET IS FULL OF COMPLAINTS SUCH AS MINE REGARDING YOUR GREAT, CUSTOMER SERVICE ORIENTED PROGRAM, AND YOU AND YOUR COMPANY ARE NOTHING BUT A FRAUD, WHICH LEAVES A LOT TO BE DESIRED FOR JCPENNEY, WHO IS WELL AWARE OF THESE UNETHICAL PRACTICES AND DOES NOTHING TO HELP THEIR CUSTOMERS.
    PERHAPS JCPENNEY IS PART OF THE SCAM, I WOULD NOT BE SURPRISED.

MARY SIGNORETTA

• Sh
    Shartoo Apr 14, 2009

I have purchased quite a few items online at jcpenney. com on my jcpenney credit card. Even though I return unwanted items immediately, at one time even sending it second day air. It sometimes takes as many as four billing cycles for them to credit your account. How difficult can it be in this day and age to receive an item and issue a credit on a computer? I believe this is a deliberate act in roder to rack of interest money on their credit card. Return go to reno, nevada which is less than two hours from my home, yet it takes four billing cycles to credit my account? I return to macys. com and my return credits are on my cards in no more than two weeks. They are also one of the few online reltailers who does not offer the convenient usps or ups returns where you just slap on a label and drop in a bin. You have to insure it and take to p. O. Which is a pita. I'm done with them (Once they ever credit my card!!)

• Ba
    bacardiboi May 13, 2009

it takes at most 30 days to return the credit to your account!! you lie about that for sure...

or you can return it in the store and it is credited immediately...

or, you could stop buying things you dont really want!!

• Ca
    carrie stanton Jun 29, 2009

6/29/09

dear sir or madam,

Jc penney had sent me an e-mail to my [email protected] address something re: an e-mail. I then tried to contact this web address i was given and could'nt get there is there a refund or not. i ordered off you people about two months ago for my grand children.

check on this web address i was given jcpenney [email protected] and contact me if this is bogus or not so i can report this to the right person possibly the police.

thanks,

Mrs. stanton

[protected].

• Bl
    blj Sep 03, 2009

On 8/28/09 I purchased a Cooks can opener from the Southaven JCP store without opening the box. When I got home, I found it was missing the warranty/instruction booklet. I returned it on 9/01/09 for exchange and verified that a warranty was in the box. Unfortunately, I should have checked further. When I got home and took off the plastic wrap I found that THE ENTIRE BLADE MECHANISM WAS MISSING! I live approximately 40 miles from this store so it is more than an inconvenience to return/exchange. My next trip will be for refund only. I have worked with a corporation in the past who was a JCP supplier and there were strict inspection enforcements. I am surprised that they do not demand the same of Cooks!

• Ke
    Keiran Mar 27, 2010

Nobody asked me if I needed help looking for an item, and when I went to the checkout, the representative looked at me confused and asked "You want to buy that?"

Then I was told to get to the end of the line, and he left his station to do something else, leaving just one register open. I waited another 5 min in line only because I had spent 20 minutes looking for the product I needed.

JacD51 May 13, 2010

The staff who works in Jc Penney stare at you if you are touching or trying on things. They are very rude.

This has happend to me in FL, and in NY. I guess all JC penney chains are rude & disrespectful, they ripp you off. Like in brochure they lower the price but when U go there with coupon they either don't except it or they will start making excuses and All the time their Cashiers call the store manager even if I am asking for change or something.

The company should be closed or atleast be fined, because they have very very poor customer service. They dont listen to U.

No wonder why they dont have any branches outside U.S. Very Disgusting store I must say!

• He
    hellystia Jun 08, 2010

Oh, they did this to me, too. I ordered a ring online; apparently there was some microscopic text that made me agree to sign up for this while ordering my jewelry. When JC Penney called me and told me my bill was overdue and I'd incurred some ungodly APR on my card, I was pretty angry and confused, as I'd made no purchases on my JC Penney credit card. I asked them to cancel, they said I had to contact Fun Family Rewards. When I called Fun Family Rewards, they told me to talk to JC Penney. I got fed up and just told them to take me off their list, which they finally agreed to do. Guess what? I got a bill from JC Penney this month. Fun Family Rewards charges are on it again.

I'm canceling my JC Penney card, and all my other store cards. I'm so sick of these hidden charges, and I'm really sick of the robotic responses you get from these companies -- Melissa Lemmons, I'm glad you know how to come to these pages and type in your company name; I know it's your job, but it's actually patronizing to angry and unwilling customers. We're not going to mail something to you with our membership number, let alone all our personal information, when we didn't even know we were signing up for this in the first place. All we want is to be removed from the program, and for God's sake, if you are going to snag customers by citing their failure to read the "fine print", you're going to be getting a lot of angry phone calls from very confused people.

• Jc
    jcpsemo0920 Jun 30, 2010

so its the companys fault the YOU didnt take the time to read the exclusions listed on the coupon? We get people all the time who are mad at us because they picked out an appliance or cookware or levis or furniture and expected the coupon to be used on it! Also customers who do not read the signs right and somehow dont see that the toaster is $18.88 after a $10 MAIL in Rebate, which doesnt mean the it $18.88 at the register it means it will be $28.88 at the register then after paying for it you will mail in the rebate and wait a couple months for them to send you $10 back! Customers expect way too much of us, in fact as far as my store i cannot think of any other department store that will even go as far as we do to help our customers! we are always there to help customers the best we can, and if its not something we can help them with then we call a manager for help! i bust my butt in my store helping my customers and rarely have to call for help but if i do call a manager its because im trying every last possibility to help my customer get what they need and to get the best deal possible on it! i take pride on my work, i never get smart with my customers, and i always put my customers before anything else! But there are some customers that no matter how much you go to bat for them or how much help and attention you give them, they are never satisfied!

• Mi
    minderbot11 Oct 06, 2010

I agree. I purhcased drapes for my home. After purchasing them I clicked a button on something small on screen that mentioned 10$ gift card or something. The text was in an area about 2" by 2". I thought that by clicking the box I would be seeing more details - not enrolling.

In reality I enrolled.
    15 mintues later I called the 800 number to cancle my membership.
    They told me I had not yet been entered in the database and they could not cancle me.

I called JC Penney and told them I want to cancle my membership. They told me to call the 800 number I previously called.

I called the 800 number and was told I need to opt out by mail by when I recieved my "membership packet".

I never recieved my membership packet. After returning from an extended vacation and looking at my credit card statements in greater detail I googled "SB *PERFECT HOME SLECT(Services and Merchandise)" and asked that they remove my membership and redact all chargest (from Aug - Oct (3 monthes) They removed the most recent but would not remove the charges from Aug and Sept.

I was not expecting such a hidden-enrollment to be offered by what I thought was a reputable company. Futhermore I am very dissapointed with JC Penney for failing to act on my behalf to remove charges or in some other way compensate me for my time spent dealing with the issues or the un-wanted charges on my card.

In no way did I check a check box indicating I wished to enroll.
    Also, I did not recieve the compensation (10 gift card + membership packet) that I was supposed to recieved.

This is clearly not the way to support your customer-base JC Penney. I'm actually fairly shocked that something so shady came from such a formerly reputable company.

I look forward to speaking with higher management in the next 5 to 7 days. (what timelyness!)

• Mu
    Muggsysf Jan 31, 2011

I took my daughter for an hair do in Clermont, Florida. Hairdresser did not comply with hair do. She made a total mess of hair. I asked for an explanation, Jane wouldn't answer. She made my daughter cry on her special day. Supervisor (Flor) got other hairdressers to help my daughter with hairdo. I didn't see Jane anymore. Finally they got it done. It was not the hairdo my daughter wanted, but at least it looked good. Flor came back with another supervisor (male). He said I would only get 10% discount. I was charged $45.00 after being there for hours, furious, and stressed out!!!I really wish someone would do something about this injustice!!!Still mad...

• Ju
    juniperbreeze Mar 24, 2011

Lots of other huge department stores in the US also don't have stores outside of the USA. And it's your fault if you don't read the coupons. I also think it's strange that you claim they have horrible customer service, yet JCPenney is voted #1 in customer service...

• Fo
    foote May 13, 2011

I had my bedroom and master bath redone in march of 2017. I was frequently looking around many stores looking for new accessories. In the concord jc penney, I found a wastebasket and towels that were just what I wanted. They were a bit pricey even at 40% off. I figured they would be reduced by my next visit, if no one else purchased them. Well, I returned, returned and returned with never a change I price.. Constantly on the 40% off shelf. I returned again, today, went to the towel and linen dept, checked the sale rack, alas!!!, the exact same towels and wastebasket still at 40% off. So it is over a year, and the price never changes. I do not feel this is right to the consumer. I have, do, and will always shop there, for many things over the yrs, school clothes, gifts, towels, linens, baby dept etc and etc.
    I wrote, I thought, to the stores complaint dept over 6-7 mos again with no response. I asked one of the clerks there, she agreed, but said that is up to corporate.
    I pray that someone can solve this issue. It may not be a big issue to some, but to me it is.

• Mw
    mwarz May 14, 2011

did you really wait a year to see if the price of something went down?

• Be
    Beatriz Dec 20, 2011

I like to report that on October 17, 2017, I slipped and fell in your store located at Westfield Mall in 103rd or 49th Street, west of Hialeah Florida. I was offered to call for 911. At no given time was a report done. I fell in front of the purses and accessories department and also shoe section right across. I have been experiencing a lot of pain in my arms. I have to take medication to deal with the pain constantly. Also work all day on the computer this is part of my Job. Often I have to stop the pain is horrible. How will I be compensated for this from your institution? If no action is taken you will receive a letter from my lawyer. If I need to forward this another department let me know.

• Ti
    Timothypetrov Dec 28, 2011

Sounds like you're getting old. Maybe next time you should watch your footing and be more careful.

• Jc
    jcp is horrible Feb 02, 2012

I went to jcpenny to get my hair highlighted and my turned out horrible the manager was horrible didn't even stop me until I told my child that we were going somewere else to her hair cut.I went back to try to fix my hair it turned out okay and the manager tells me I better not get a phone call from you tomorrow telling me you don't like it so that was the rudest thing a manager can say to a customer who is not happy with the service I think that she needs to go to a class that teaches not to say stupid ### to a customer who is not happy with a service.

• Ya
    Yana Walton May 16, 2012

RAP is a membership organization of retail workers dedicated to improving opportunities in the industry, including helping retail workers with their career development, so if you are a JCP employee affected by layoffs or the elimination of your commissioned pay, contact us today at 646.490.5925 or email [email protected]

Check out the Retail Action Project's (RAP's) statement opposing the elimination of commissioned positions at JCP here: http://bit.ly/L17qbV

"JC Penney is following an alarming and misguided trend in the retail industry, in which middle class jobs and career opportunities are sacrificed in the name of short-term cost savings."

• Ka
    Kathy Marq. Jul 12, 2012

I was s hopping at JC Penney on April 4, 2017. I slipped and fell in a puddle of water on the floor near the checkout. I wrote a letter to the store manager about my fall and as of this date July 12, 2017, I have received no reply. I have been totally ignored. I did not ask for anything, but expected some kind of acknowledgement from JCP. I don't know what to do next.

• Bj
    bj cool Nov 05, 2012

JC Penney at the Augusta Mall, is not a good company; they're always changing their stores to confuse customers, have different prices on the sales tags to cheat customers, & is constantly trying to find ways to mistreat loyal customers, and good employees. JC Penney frequently suffers from wrongful terminations of good employees or they quit due to discriminatory policies. The Managers at JC penney are often incompetent, and have the company has been exposed to robberies, endangering customers & employees..

Anonymous12345678901 Jan 17, 2013

I ordered a dining set on 11/22/2017 online at jcp.com. After the order was placed I received an email stating that the item was not available to be shipped till 01/06/2017. Based on this information, I called them to cancel so I can order another set that was in-stock as I needed the set immediately.
    After almost daily emails and phone calls, I have yet to receive a refund of $1085. Emails and phone calls are scripted apologizing for the delay but no answer as to status of refund. Payment was in the form of a gift card and they can't send me a gift card in the mail. So extremely frustrating!

• 35
    35yearswithJCP Feb 18, 2013

Call the Ohio Call Center. [protected] open 24/7 and during the automation say "Speak To Someone".

• The Lidman Foundation Feb 18, 2013

That "someone" is Brenda.

• Fr
    Fred March Aug 31, 2013

I think they are awful, one girl their her name is Brandi is so low class she farts in front of people and she put her leg on the counter in front of everyone one time. If you ask me, she should be fired! She makes rude comments behind peoples backs and does not pick up her weight around the salon. A lot of the girls seem judgmental and only care about themselves. They are low class stylists their, they put on a face to make it look like they know what they are doing. I will never go their again and I will make sure I spread the word.

• Je
    jenniandken May 28, 2014

we were lied to over 3 times by jc penney! Terrible customer service! we ordered the mattress and box spring and bed frame on the 8th of may 2017, it was promised by the 14th of may 2017.on the 14th we waited all day didnt hear nothing from them, they were a no show and no call we had to call them around 4pm, then they say they had no idea what was going on and that it is now the 21 st to be delivered to us! then they tell us to call back so we did and they said they would comp our full bill.so the 21st was a no show again by them and no CALL at all! WE had to call them yet again late 330 to find out they were on some bogus stuff saying nothing but that we would get now the 22nd took us 4 hours all day on the 21st to find that out since they tell us to call back etc all the time!so they then said we would get additional comp on the ill for being a second time lying to us! Then the 22nd was a no show and no call at all, they took us 3 hours or more to call us back and tell us it wouldnt be in till the 23rd. 23rd was a no show and no call yet again and we are sleeping on floor each night waiting for this bed to get here!it is wrong of them and they are terrible! I called them they gave us the delivery warehous
    e number that was supposed to deliver to us.i had to call them myself and they said the bed now was in but they woudnt be able to deliver till after memorial day weekend! now we had to wait to the 27th to go pick up ourselves 45 min away!wasted all our 50 bucks to go there with gas in our truck!we said we would pick up even before memorial day but they would not wait for us not even 10 min when we were down the block from them at the time!so we went to pick it up no one was there but the secretry, i had to load it up all myself and they didnt do nothing to comp us on gas at all saying only 50 dollar for not getting it delivered and 50 for our troubles, big whoop ! WE wasted our time and gas and my fiance is disabled and had to sleep on THE Floor for 3 week bcause they kept saying it would be in when it was not!! WE NEED something for all of this this is terrible and im a card holder which i will be canceling my CREDIT CARD from them and all my family will and friends and they ill see how it is.

Angelfireandice Sep 02, 2014

Buy some aspirin...do you realize how many people pull this stunt? Thousands.