JC Penney Companyissues with wedding ring repair and service

Sir/Ma'am,
I have been purchasing jewelry from your JCPenny Store (2910) located at 7751 Towne Center Pkwy, Papillion NE 68046 for many years. In fact, I purchased my wife's wedding ring from this location in 2009, and always working through Mrs. Venessa, the jewelry customer service rep. After our marriage, Mary wanted an inside white gold band and we sent the rings in to be soldered. The work was exceptional and the ring couldn't have been more beautiful. On 26 December 2016 Mary and I purchased a band for the outside of the ring - Mary's Christmas present. The band was being displayed with the other "white gold" bands so Mary and I believed the ring to be white gold. The ring was sent to Atlantis to be soldered and returned. In early December of 2017 Mary noticed the outside band we purchased was tarnishing and leaving a darkened color on her wedding finger. We took the ring back to JCPenny jewelry department and Venessa told us the band was in fact not white gold but sterling silver. I was shocked by this and asked Venessa why the ring was displayed in the "white gold" section as the white gold and sterling silver were in separate display areas. She apologized for the miscommunication. Since we always purchase a care plan for our jewelry Venessa indicated we could purchase an actual "white gold" band to replace the sterling silver band. Once the sterling silver band was removed and replaced with the newly purchased white gold band Venessa indicated that JCPenny would return our money for the "sterling silver" band in store credit. We agreed and the ring was sent to Atlantis for repair (I can provide the repair number on request). Venessa stated the estimated completion date would be 16 December, 2017. On or after 16 December, 2017 Mary called the store and was told the ring had not been returned. A week or so later we called again and the ring had not been returned. Then, again Mary called and still no ring. Mary and I proceeded to the store to discuss this issue with Venessa and she could not give us a reason for the extended delay. Venessa stated she would get to the bottom of this issue and call us back, which she did and could not give us a reason for the delay. On 4 January, 2018 I was called by Steve, the JCPenny Jewelry Manager (from the same store location) and stated the following: "We are so sorry for this miscommunication, the ring has been in our vault for some time now and we don't know when the ring was returned. Unfortunately, the ring has not been repaired. Atlantis sent an employee an email, we believe, asking for additional instructions - that employee no longer works at this location so the email set stagnant. After two weeks, we believe Atlantis returned the rings." So, I asked some specific questions: Why is it that after multiple calls to your department you couldn't find the ring? Do you not have a policy that if the ring isn't returned on or about the estimated completion date you notify Atlantis and provide this information to the customer? Isn't it policy that once a person leaves that emails are kept for a period of time or transferred to a store manager? All of these questions could not be answered by Steve - he just didn't know. Steve indicated he "overnighted" Mary's rings to Atlantis and I asked him when the rings would be completed - Steve just said "I can't give you a definite answer - sorry." Steve further stated that all emails, coming and going will be through him and him alone. This statement indicates there are broken processes and procedures.
Mary was without her wedding ring through multiple Christmas parties, two of which were formal and no wedding ring. I am applaud that this situation has gone on this far with no explanation. I have lost all confidence in this department's customer service! Mary and I are hoping the ring is returned soon and we receive the store credit for the sterling ring as promised.
Mary and I are very patient people and we understand mistakes; however, this is beyond forgivable.
Thank you for your time.