Menu
P
Author of the complaint
3:27 am
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I had purchased a very expensive semimount at Jared's about 10years ago. It was a horrible experience. That aside I went back last weekend, under diress. A prong had bent over...that was MY fault. Jared's wouldn't even touch the ring unless I bought an appraisal. The 3 carat diamond I have in the mounting did not come from them. They stated that work could not be performed without an appraisal. While I waited for the manager to return I decided to peruse their measly selections. An extremely snotty clerk waited on me. Apparently my new name is "sweetheart" or "honey". This is very condescending and I don't like the familiar tone. He TOLD me to take off my Tahitian pearl, diamond and 18kt gold ring. I asked why. He said it was pretty and wanted to take a closer look. I comply and hand over the ring. He then proceeds to verbally tear apart the ring. Asking why it's set in STERLING. I had to correct the simpleton. I did NOT buy an appraisal and I will NEVER return. These minimum wage folks have no right to question me, an experienced diamond and gem buyer. Factually I once managed a very large jewelry store. I do know a thing or two about gemstones. So, that's two visits and two very bad experiences. Since when do these people, whom expect you to spend your hard earned money on a LUXURY decide it's OK or acceptable to treat prospective buyers in such a manner? What low brow people. By the way, I found nothing that appealed to me. Their selections are mediocre at best and so very "see em" On every corner type junk"...common in every way. If being insulted is your thing, by all means go to Jared's. They'll serve you well in that regard.

More Jared The Galleria Of Jewelry complaints & reviews