It's Just Lunch International [IJL] Logo

It's Just Lunch International [IJL]

Having problems with It's Just Lunch International [IJL]?

It's Just Lunch International [IJL] Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 489 7897 (Customer Service)
+1 888 565 8624 (USA and Canada)
+1 305 405 8900 (Head Office)
+1 303 223 0280 (State of Colorado, USA)
+1 312 881 5225 (Chicago, Illinois)
+1 202 466 4333 (Washington, DC & Virginia)
+1 612 355 2727 (State of Minnesota, USA)
+1 216 328 9026 (State of Ohio, USA)
+1 512 476 5566 (State of Texas, USA)
+1 206 340 0100 (State of Washington, USA)
+1 414 224 9609 (State of Wisconsin, USA)
+1 416 703 3900 (Toronto, ON, Canada)
+1 855 976 5796 (The Okanagan, BC, Canada)
+1 604 633 9980 (Vancouver, Whistler & Fraser Valley, BC, Canada)
+1 855 633 9980 (Victoria, BC, Canada)
+44 203 468 3990 (London, United Kingdom)
+353 16 724 061 (Dublin, Cork, Galway & Belfast, Ireland)
+61 130 009 1429 (Australia)
+65 65 360 100 (Singapore)
801 E. Hallandale Beach Blvd. Suite 201
Hallandale, Florida

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with It's Just Lunch International [IJL] Customer Service. Initial It's Just Lunch International [IJL] complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for It's Just Lunch International [IJL] above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about It's Just Lunch International [IJL]. Discuss the issues you have had with It's Just Lunch International [IJL] and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

It's Just Lunch SingaporeIt's Just lunch (IJL) Singapore - A PROFESSIONAL SCAM in SINGAPORE. DO NOT join this service.

I recently closed my case with ‘It’s just lunch’ Singapore (IJL) at the Singapore Subordinate Court. So I just want to share my experience with anyone who might have the intention to join this service; this is my warning to you: DO NOT TRUST THEM AND AVOID THEM IF YOU DON’T WANT TO HAVE TROUBLE AND A NIGHTMARE DATING EXPERIENCE - see my case below.

I joined IJL in Nov 2012, paid the full amount of $2, 568 for a one year contract with 14 dates. Actually I did not really want to join this service after my face to face meeting with one of their consultants due to so many complaints I found on the internet, however she kept calling to hunt and recruit me. When I raised my concerns regarding my doubts she gave me such confidence and assured me that their database had more than enough suitable matches for my requirements. Moreover she confirmed firmly all of the men on their database were serious about relationships and nice gentlemen. If they are just looking for fun or not qualified they will not take them in as a member and they do verify their profile if they are found out to be lying! She insisted to offer me help and promised to find a match for my specific requirements. I was convinced by her sweet words and after meeting her at least after 2 times in person. She just knew how to play on a woman’s psychology so well, her face just looked so sympathetic, trustworthy and she seemed to be a professional match marker. But that trust lead me to the most foolish mistake that I ever made and from there my nightmare dating started.

I went through two dates that were arranged by them and both turned out to be ridiculous, lousy and ‘waste of time’ dates! The first man came late without informing me; disappointedly he had nothing in common with me. Likely IJL just picked up any random man who was available to date with me! There was no follow up calls from IJL after my date at all. I had to call them and left my name but they did not bother to call me back. This means they just hunt you when you are not yet a member but when you are a paid member they do not care for you because you are just totally in their entrapment!

My second date was a nightmare date. The man did not turn up until I called him. He said he was on bed and not informed of the date with me from IJL that particular day. He turned up 45 minutes late in a scruffy T-shirt. He then told me he is just looking for fun! He was not interested with the service any more but he was rejected for a refund from IJL. He did request that they do not arrange anymore dates for him but the staff of IJL still kept calling to insist that he turn up for some random dates! I am sure if you were in my shoes at that time and heard those words, you would understand how bad I felt. I had to pay a big amount for this service only to be arranged to meet a man looking for fun! It also strongly proves that this company is really unprofessional and unreliable. They do not consider the clients requests. They did not take note of my feedback from my first date, to please arrange a proper 2nd date for me. The fact is they do not have enough suitable men for all their female members, so they just try their best to find any man to show up for a date to fill in the numbers for the contract regardless of matches. Their consultants know nothing about match making, they don’t have enough experience about matching and they are just working like sales persons trying to trap as many clients as they can and earn their commission.

It took sometime to bring my case to the Small Claim Tribunal which was found inconclusive, after that I was determined to bring them to the Singapore Subordinate Court. At the court, I called them a professional scam, and when they tried to defend themselves; they said “the behavior of male members is out of their control”. Meaning if a man comes late or does not show up, or is looking for fun or bad behavior they can’t control it! That also means that we are as paid members to have to carry this risk with their service. If you are lucky enough to meet nice guy or you are in bad luck, you may have a bad date like a man that never shows up or late or misbehaves! These risks are not their fault their problem and not their obligation as a professional match making agent. This is adsolutey not an acceptable answer!

Only when I asked in front of the Judge “ so why at the consulting meeting, did the consultant not tell me the truth that I have to take risks when I joined the service and be frank with me by telling me that my date might be late or not turn up or might be looking for fun! Instead she just convinced me that all her clients were nice gentlemen, serious and qualified! They shut up after this comment and the Judge allowed me to claim back a portion of my original investment.

I did a bit of digging around on the net and found many women - just like myself (in Singapore, Thailand, and USA) - who had been ripped off by IJL. I was one of the lucky ones as I got part of my money back, but many more didn't and the company is still operating to this day. There will be a big outcry about this company before long and I want to warn everyone not to get involved with them because if you do, you stand to lose a lot of money only to get back trouble and grief. I knew some other woman like me where the date did not turn and no calls from IJL for a few months, or even they arranged non suitable men for dates. So to all ladies who are thinking of joining this company, I honestly tell u don’t waste your hard earned money and your time in this scam. You can use that money for travel or donate it to charity, which is better than supporting this kind of nasty service existing.
Finally, As an ex paid member of IJL in Singapore, and on behalf of all members who were victims of this nasty service I would like to “ thank” the owner who established this lousy service. She did a very good job in creating a very professional scam dating agency! Spend some of your time and search how many complaints are pertaining to your company online!

• Ij
      IJL Singapore Mar 05, 2013

Ms Lena NGO Thi Len - Your matter has been resolved amicably at the Courts where you have received your portion of what the Judge felt you deserved. It was an amount that was much LOWER than what you had expected as the Judge reasoned that our company has done our part in discharging our duties. We have already let the matter rest and are moving forward with our thousands of other clients that we have continued to serve for the last 9 years. It is unfortunate that we have to part ways with you but it is the best solution for the both of us. We wish you well and we hope that someone really sees the real person that you are and appreciate you for it. We are taking the liberty to name you as you are no longer our client who's identity we have to protect. We are happy to bring this post down if you bring down yours.
      Management of It's Just Lunch Asia

• Di
      divorcee Apr 23, 2014

Wow! It's Just Lunch Asia releases names and doesn't protect the privacy of their clients. Shocked!

• Sk
      sky_rainbow Jul 15, 2015

I agree, they should not release the full name.

It's Just Lunch - New York — It's Just Lunch, It's Just a TOTAL SCAM

It's Just Lunch is a fraudulent company and a total scam! DO NOT SIGN UP!! Dealing with this company i...

Its just Lunch Seattle — Horrible Customer Service

I really dodged a bullet here! I was shocked a lack of professionalism and customer service this company...

It's Just Lunch — misrepresentation

I signed up for this very expensive matchmaking service $3, 000. I got 4 very incompatible dates and then...

It's Just Lunch SingaporeUnprofessional, liars and unethical practice

DO NOT SIGN UP for It's Just Lunch Singapore. Should be called It's Just a SCAM. For a high end dating service their staff is completely unprofessional and a bunch of liars. Their turnover is so high. I must have gone through 7 dating consultants which says something about their practices.

They pursued me for years and sold me a bunch of promises. Once they got my money it all changed. They NEVER return your phone calls. There is no rhyme or reason to their matches. They also deceive you as far as supply and demand of eligible men in my age group. I wish I had read the reviews and completely regret joining. It is not about the cost but their failure to deliver and lack of professionalism. You are much better off with the mainstream dating sites such as eharmony or match.com. BEWARE: DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE SCAMMERS.

• Le
        Lena Ngo Mar 02, 2013

It’s Just lunch (IJL) Singapore - A PREFESSIONAL SCAM in SINGAPORE. Do not, I repeat, Do NOT join this service.

It's Just LunchCompletely unprofessional

DO NOT sign up for It's Just Lunch in Singapore. They are supposedly a high end service, more like just high price service. The problem is there is NO SERVICE. The staff are completely unprofessional and there is turnover extremely high. Each time I call I get a different dating rep. I must have gone through 7 or so, can't keep track anymore. They are a bunch of liars and promised things to get my business. They don't have the decency to return phone calls. Look at all the complaints all over the internet, not just in Singapore but around the world. I wish I had checked them out before I signed up. Completely regretted the treatment and DO NOT RECOMMEND to anyone. You are better off doing another online service.

• Ij
          IJL Singapore Aug 23, 2012

It is interesting that this anonymous writer would rather go online than resolve the situation with a real person from the IJL office in Singapore. It could be that this writer's "issue" has already been resolved amicably and professionally but because of some inexplicable, emotional reasons, this person insists on going "public" while hiding his/her own identity. We believe in protecting all our clients' privacy and we invite this writer to call our office by speaking to our Manager, Myrene Mallari at [protected] anytime between 10am and 7pm. If this matter has been resolved, we ask that this writer takes this unfounded posting, down.

Anisa Hassan, Managing Director

• Di
          disgruntledmuch Jan 01, 2014

Hi Anisa, your company is a scam. i have taken you guys to court, and to date, have not received the refund which court had granted me and it has passed the due date.
          funny that you talk about anonymity when you do not even attend mediations and court proceedings, and instead send a representative on your behalf. shame on you and your team for such a lousy service!

It's Just LunchCompany

IT’S JUST LUNCH IS A SCAM, IT'S JUST LUNCH IS A SCAM, IT'S JUST LUNCH IS A SCAM, IT'S JUST LUNCH IS A SCAM... Ask me how I know, I USE TO WORK FOR THEM.
        I got tired of Lying to clients about matches. It's just lunch, tells clients they match based on common Interest, which is a LIE!!! It's Just Lunch match clients based on availability. They train these people to make dates to meet their quota, if you don't meet your quota, you are FIRED. The management staff is HORRIBLE, if they don't like you, you're FIRED. This company has been in business for 21 years, and at the corporate office (which is located in Hallandale, Florida) they're only 4-5 employees that have been there 4 years. I was there for 2 months before I got up and walked out, but during the short time I was there, It was 12 employees either FIRED or Quit. I have never worked for a company with such turn over. DO NOT ALLOW the Dating Specialist to convince you they have matches for you, or you're be dating all the time, or they're going to set you up with people that you really want to meet. IT WON'T HAPPEN!!! THEY DON'T DISCRIMINATE IS TRUE, BUT THEY BRING CLIENTS ON KNOWING they won't be able to get them out on dates. They bring on clients that are BLIND, HANDICAPPED, CAN'T HEAR, ARTISTIC, MENTALLY CHALLENGED, etc. Now, I'm not saying there is anything wrong with people with disabilities, but if you are a perfectly healthy individual without any disability, would you really PAY a service to send you out with someone that has a disability? With It's Just Lunch, if a client is disabled and you need a date, the disabled individual will be your date. They won't tell you the client is disabled, but once you get to the restaurant you'll certainly find out. I have NEVER worked for a company with such POOR MANAGEMENT SKILLS. They Train their employees for ONE WEEK, and then you're off. You're off to deal with angry clients another Dating Director had, Dealing with territories you nothing about, dealing with clients with no dates, and when you ask for help, they tell you, NO EXCUSES, CONVINCE THEM TO STAY, AND CONTINUE DATING WITH US!!! IT'S JUST LUNCH IS A SCAM, IT'S JUST LUNCH IS A SCAM, IT'S JUST LUNCH IS A SCAM!!!

It's Just Lunch — Lies and Deception

It's Just Lunch used deception to have me type in my name at the top of the page of the online...

Itsjustlunch.comStay away from these guys

I signed up with two matchmaking companies this year and the two agencies were night and day different. I'm having a very positive experience with Cupid's Coach, and not so good with It's Just Lunch. I'm here in Southern CA and the IJL matchmakers are all in Florida. They've never met me and they just seem to be throwing me together with just anyone.

Mabber Dec 14, 2010

It has been a complete waste of money and time. It so expensive! If you sign up for a long-term membership remember they only have to set you up on 5 dates. They will sell you a great picture of what they will do for you and then you could be like me forced to meet up with a date that you would rather run and hide from. Oh ya! There are some weird and very unattractive people out there and if you sign up with It's Just Lunch you could be exposed to having a date with them!

• Gi
              Gier Jan 20, 2012

They took my money and asked me what I wanted in my dates. I said thin and trim, that's about all, just thin and trim. All my dates were fat. I told them I was not happy and wanted a refund. "HA HA HA, NO you can't have a refund, we'll just send you out with more [fat] dates." Horribly expensive and not much better than speed dating, which is only $30.

It's Just Lunch - Milwaukee — Blatant Consumer Fraud

I had never used any type of dating service before was hesitant about putting my personal information online...

It's Just Lunch — Unprofessional & unreliable matching services

I am taking Its Just Lunch Singapore to court. I hesitated during my first meeting at their shabby office...

Its Just Lunch Singapore Matchmaking servicesUnreliable & Poor matching services

I have signed up for matchmaking services, total 6 dates. First 2 dates was quite prompt. After the 2nd date, the interval was more than a month and I have to contact them to check on the next date. After going through the 4th dates, it stops for 2 months and when I contacted IJL, the staff told me that my membership has expired. I told her that i signed up for 6 dates but they have only fixed 4 dates so far. She said she will get the consultant to contact me, no follow-up from the. I made another call to them and the staff answered that she will get her consultant to call back but close to 2 wks, no calls from them. This matchmaking service from IJL Singapore is not a reliable company. Bad experience. I have wasted my money!

• Re
                redress.me Mar 19, 2012

I have forwarded the story to Redress.me. Hope you will get the recourse you needed. Here it is:http://redress.me/view_post.php?pid=2053

• Pa
                ParkerSmith Mar 21, 2014

Looks cool, I never knew you could post about it, good to know thanks! You show very latest and important things. This is very nice post! I will bookmark this blog.Let us know about myself

It's Just Lunchscam!

I was recently hired by It's Just Lunch. After going through their training program for a week,
              we then were set up in 2nd rate executive office suites where I look like I am a fly-by-night operation with bare walls, no business cards, no brochures or anything to identify me as an IJL office. I look like I'm going to take your money, fold up my laptop and run!! This is what they are referring to when they say "over 100 offices worldwide" by the way. They have one person operations - about 40 of them- some people even work from home- scattered across the U.S.. And the people calling overseas are right here in the U.S. calling, claiming to have "offices" in Australia. They have nothing of the sort. It's ALL LIES!!
              I started the job whereby I started to call 8 year old leads. The job was to place 100 calls a day and basically try to resurrect someone from the dead. Mostly, I got disconnected #s, people who were married, or people who were fed up with our calls and asked to be taken off our list. Well, 4 people from my training class were able to get a person to join - at which point I needed to read through 30 congratulation emails to each salesperson - like we were in kindergarten.
              I found out at the end of week 2, 2 people were getting fired. They don't even give you a chance at this! This morning, I got the boot!!
              At this point, I do NOT even want a chance to basically con people out of their money. It's Just Lunch claims to be a personalized matchmaking service and they meet every single one of their members, get to know them personally - so they can set them up with what they are looking for.
              Most people are closed right over the phone - never meeting anyone. There's no screening process whatsoever, no background check, etc. IJL sales people call you and may not even be in the same state, or even country!
              The member joins and then is contacted by their Dating Director. You know who that is? The person sitting in the IJL call center in South Florida!! They have never seen any of the members and they are labeled the "professional matchmakers"!! They are simply telemarketers. They make matches by pulling up the members in your area and setting you up in your age range. No other criteria goes into their search! Yet we go through a whole interview process to make it seem like we're going to set you up with what you want and that we are legitimate. Melissa Brown, the president - should be put OUT OF BUSINESS!! And her ridiculously perky and phony sales managers Marylynn Martin & Sandra Hatton should be thrown out on their ### as well. A total SCAM!!! Nothing about this is personalized matchmaking. NOBODY should give IJL the time of day - not as a member, and not as an employee. TRUST ME!

• St
                  StuckinLodi36 Mar 28, 2013

I wish I did more research before taking a job as a Dating Director. I went through four interviews for this job. I gave notice at my other job. I worked out of my home office. I agree with EVERYTHING that you said. I finally up and quit today. I will not scam a 71 year old woman out of her retirement. If you are considering working with It's Just Lunch, they pay minimum wage and promise hot leads. I spent three weeks speaking to pissed off people who had been contacted numerous times before. I quit with my head held high. I have ten years of sales background. I you are okay with learning how to sales used, worthless cars over the phone then It's just lunch would be a great job for you. WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY!!! I quit today... AMEN!

• Av
                  Av1234 Apr 17, 2013

TOTALLY DISAGREE. Here's the facts. IJL is not a scam. It's a legit matchmaking co. with successful, busy, educated clients on board. I've been a dating specialist for a few months and have had great success so far. The company is amazing to work for. Managment is super positive and supportive. If you succeed, they email the whole team. The whole team then sends you a huge CONGRATS! I love the good energy. IJL is super generous with pay as well. Many specialists make six figures or more. If you're enthusiastic, passionate about help

• Av
                  Av1234 Apr 17, 2013

I TOTALLY DISAGREE. With all due respect, you're bitter and over emotional. Working for IJL is a blast. I've been a dating specialist for under a year and love it. The company is great-- it's not a scam- give me a break. We receive emails all week from successful clients, including their wedding photos. Management -- including MaryLynn and Sandra, are super supportive and encouraging. They're incredible motivators!! It's by far the most positive, high energy team I've worked for. If you're positive, passionate, and can close a sale, you can make six figures. Great company to work for. Great clientele. Our job is to find people love-- what better job is there?!

NoLongerBlind Jun 10, 2013

I am a current employee of IJL and I could not agree more. They only match by age and location, which is sometimes hours away. The management lie and its hard to believe at first because they seem so perky and amazing. The numbers they send out for sales in the emails are lies, if you are friends with enough of the dating specialists you can flat out ask them and they will tell you the truth, its all fluff to try and keep morale high. They also don't count the number of cancels which a large majority do after just a couple days. If you listen carefully in the conference calls you can see the difference between the stuff being stated as fact now and the stuff stated to you in training trying to sell you on the job. The few people that do believe in IJL are disillusioned due to their paychecks, those are the people who because they have some money in their pocket rationalize with the process and turn a blind eye to the fact that 95% of what we were told in training is a lie. Those are the people who don't care about the clients they are speaking with, are only in it for the money. I feel guilty and dirty every night when I get off work and go home. If I had any other option, believe me I would take it. I wish I could quit with my head held high, but when I do quit, or get fired, which is inevitable, they have training twice a month with large training groups, but the number of employees never actually goes up, anyways when I do quit or get fired, it will not be with my head held high. I am embarrassed to have IJL on my resume, because of the hundreds upon hundreds of reviews from IJL employees, ex-employees, clients and ex-clients, that were brave enough to post about what a scam this company really is.

• So
                  SouthCali_Gal Jun 28, 2013

Wow! I cannot believe this! I received a call from Marylnn in Florida on 06.27.2013 and she sounded so perky and so exciting. She extended an invitation to join for FREE!! She said all I need to do was to sign an electrocnic contract and submit some photos. I hesitated on the contract piece. What threw me off was that the electronic contract stated that "I agree to make the payment" --however at the bottom of the contract stated I need not pay nothing? so I just decided to look for reviews and experirences. Do they lie and then try to get money? Or are they just trying to find dates for other singles so I can be paired with them??? If you work there and know of the tactic used on me, please advise!!

It's Just Lunch, Sacramento — Very bad service

This is the worst dating service! Not only did the sales rep promise that they had many men available for me...

It's Just Lunch — Dating Service

Awful, Terrible service. I might as well flushed $1800 down the toliet. They mismatched me with women I had...

It's Just Lunch$1800 down to toilet

I was a member of IJL for a year, and it was a year of complete LIES...you would think on your initial visit when you PAY$$$ and have a "interview" that you'd be understood, well NOT with IJL. the second my credit card was ran, I became a NUMBER.after I paid I went on the first 3 dates and was TOTALLY ANNOYED. they will call you a day after to see how your "date" went, and each time I got into a fightn-match with them over the phone because Im thinking HOW MANY TIMES DO I NEED TO EXPLAIN TO EACH ONE OF YOU, I AM NOT INTRESTED IN A 4'FT TALL MAN??? This is in no way disrespectful to short people, but keep in mind, I'm a gorgeous 5'10 BAREFOOTED. I became so frustrated each time I went on a date because It was NOTHING like I expected.I told them a "few" times I could've found better at our local WALMART!!! why the hell did I need to pay $1800 to be set up on dates that I'm the total opposite to. All of the employees sound the same.They put everyone they send you out with on a damn gold platter...but remember its up to YOU to GO out on the date, only to find out you could've stayed home and watched cartoons TOM&JERRY alone! I've had more fun, being home alone reading a book.If you are considering IJL, P.L.E.A.S.E DON'T waste your money$$$ I know one thing, from now on I'll take my chances meeting people on my own.No more being SHY&BASHFUL, Is the reason I called IJL in the first place, If and when I see someone I like, I will be approaching them MYSELF.trust me you really DON'T have to pay to meet the guy of your dreams.I learned the EXPENSIVE way! If you just wanna give away $1800, donate it to me, cuz by dealing with IJL, I sure FLUSHED my $1800 down the damn TOILET.

• Fa
                    far too trusting Nov 14, 2011

I am having the exact same experience except they aren't even able to find me a date AND they charged me $2800, not $1800. Consider yourself lucky there. I am furious. They are rude, condescending and extremely deceitful.

I actually signed up through a company called Matchbox in Petaluma. When I did a Google search it was fine. I signed the contract for Its Just Lunch not realizing it was a bait and switch. I can understand why they are hiding their name. Had I known the real name and been able to search first I would have NEVER signed up.

They make a lot of promises. All Lies. Save your money girls.

Lisa

• Ra
                    RarelyComplain Oct 22, 2012

You chicks need to use your noggins - here's some tips for meetin fellas (just to get ya started):
                    1. Get control of that food concession at the entrance to Home Depot and make sure you're behind that counter on weekday mornings - hair in place tight jeans and makeup to kill.
                    2. Hang out at Borders after work. Wear your prettiest dress. No pantsuits.
                    3. Go out to a bowling alley and just hang out with your (plainer) friends on mens bowling league nite.
                    4. Go to church - nah, on second thought, forget that one.
                    5. Take up square dancing...yeah that one works.
                    ...and to think I didn't even ask for your credit card.

It's Just LunchLies!

I signed up with IJL for a year or 14 dates, whichever longer. Was very clear with the salesman that finding someone who was practicing my religion was of utmost importance to me. I was told there were thousands of guys that met my requirements. I was reassured by the contract that said if IJL feels they are unable to match you, you will be given a refund (outlined as to how) After my first date not practicing I again outlines my requests to my "dating director". She told me my next date would fit the bill. Not only was he not practicing, but he didn't even share my faith! Months and months later waiting for someone who actually practiced his faith and shared my religion I was told I could either date anyone, or not date at all. 4 dating directors later I asked for an address of someone I could write a complaint letter to sharing my concerns. I was given the corporate address and told to address it to Customer Service. Guess what, there is no customer service department!! I was called by my dating director! I was told that IJL does not need to match me with someone who shares my religion and therefore there is "no refund policy". I was told time and time again there are no refunds (even though it states that in their contract). They claim they are BBB approved, they aren't. They told me "out of the Boston office". There is no Boston office! I was lied to time and time again by this organization. Run, run far away. Don't be a fool like I was to believe their lies!

Jaguarnut Jul 04, 2014

Well, you did kind of make it difficult with the practicing religion stuff, but point taken.

Jaguarnut Jul 04, 2014

You did kind of limit yourself with the practicing religion stuff. Really shouldn't be that important. But overall point taken

It's Just Lunch — A Scam

Don't be fooled by this organization. It's Just Lunch charged me $1000 for membership in what wa...

It's Just LunchScam

I can only add to the complaints that have been listed on this website. Because I am a male in a area that is heavily weighted toward females, I had dates. But they were inappropriate. I am a successful male, easy on the eyes, college educated, accomplished etc. I was looking for a professional female, smart, who liked the arts. ITs just lunch assured me that they had several such matches and was eager to match me. You know the rest. My dates were a series of unemployed women who maybe lived with a friend, worked in minimum paying jobs, a few werent US Citizens and were looking for a greencard. It was a complete waste of time. when I called IJL and told them that there was a great mismatch between what I wanted and what actually appeared at lunch, they expressed surprise - and then a disclaimer : The woman lied, and they cant check into the accuracy of every statement ! And what hurt the most was seeing the "wishful hope" in the eyes of these ladies. They told me their horrible stories of how they were treated by IJL - some had been clients for a year and only had two dates. Some were matched with men who were inappropriate matches (non english, low paid workers). I am reminded of the best dating advice my mother gave me: if you want a companion who drinks, go to a bar. If you want a companion who cares and is gentle, get involved in non profits.
                    Skip this service, get involved with a non profit . At least you will have a warm feeling in your soul as you are waiting for the universe to provide.

• Ra
                        rag555 Jan 29, 2011

Just wanted to add one more person to the list of people who got taken by IJL. Had I read the reviews prior to going in I would have never signed up!! Don't even think about it if you have been considering plunking down the money - it will be totally wasted. Nothing new here that hasn't already been said. I am an attractive professional woman and asked to be matched with the same. I wanted men who were near my age, but looked and acted younger, like myself. All I got was men who were old school in their thinking and out of shape and none of them were attractive. And the worst of them, had a nervous habit and told me they had contacted him for the date.

• Ne
                        NewYorkNewYork Apr 16, 2011

I just joined It's Just Lunch a week ago. I felt in my gut that it was a scam, but I decided to try it out anyway. The poor customer service I've received over the week and now reading ALL of these complaints obviously confirms my worst suspicions. The somewhat humorous thing is--I think I am the kind of person that the person who made today's comment wants to meet--I am a smart, easy on the eyes NYker who is very much employed in the arts. Did this scam just bring us together?

It's Just Lunch New YorkPoor Customer Relations - Not What They Claim To Be

I too was certainly fooled by It's Just Lunch! I signed a contract with their NY representative only to have my money and my valuable time wasted. They promised one date a month (8 matches in all) but only provided two actual dates in 7 months. Two months past without a match (after two mediocre dates that did not match my profile information) which is against the contract I signed. When I requested some of my money back for the dates I would not receive from canceling my membership, they told me that I had "activity" the following month. That "activity" was a match that NEVER SHOWED UP! When I tried to contact the representative who set that date up to complain, I learned he left the company. After speaking to a representative, I was promised more time, no money and a better date. I gave it one more try. Again, the date never showed up. The representatives never follow up and they refuse to refund any money... disgusting!
                      I will be filing a complain at the Better Business Bureau... Beware... This is an absolute waste of money!!!

• Ta
                          Talitha Fain Jun 14, 2011

Would anyone want to join in on a class action suit against It's Just Lucnh dating service? The company did not match me according to what I stated in the interview. in fact, they matched me with two men that were exactly what I said was NOT acceptable. They did nothing that they promised to do. Their cutomer service is very por. It took me a month to get a call from corportae.