Itasca - Swamp Walker Bootsleak and weather cracked rubber

I purchased a pair of Itasca "Swamp Walker" boots from Walmart in November of 2010 for hunting season. Nice looking boots, camo, 800g Thinsolate, adjustable straps on top. HOWEVER, within 3 days I noticed that the left boot was leaking a bit. I found where the leak was, right on the left side of the toe ridge cap. I returned the boots to Walmart. I exchanged them for a SECOND pair of the same boots. I used them throughout the winter trapping. This spring, I again began to get wet feet. I checked the boots over and discovered on the top of each foot, the rubber appeared to be weather cracked, and were now leaking. AGAIN, I returned to Walmart. This time I was told that this was the last exchange that I would be able to do. So, I am now on my THIRD pair of ITASCA Swamp Walkers. I contacted the company today at [protected] and spoke with a company Rep. They advised me that there was a full 1 year warranty on the boots, and that Walmart should have refunded my money...the first time!
In my opinion, the first pair of boots should not have leaked. The second pair were just rotten rubber. I am almost afraid to try the third pair. DO NOT BUY THESE BOOTS. They are poor quality and you are further ahead to buy a better quality boot to save the aggrivation of getting wet feet.

• Wp
    Wpayton5599 Apr 13, 2011

Products are different depending on the company. This company seems like they will directly reimburse WalMart for the boots. Other companies require you to send the defective product back to them. The clerk at WalMart was probably unaware of the policy of the manufacturer. Not uncommon when you pay people slave wages. Sorry about your experience. Thanks for the advice on the boots!