Intercapeunprofessional service

S Jul 30, 2018

Good day,

I travelled with Intercape from Springbok to Upington on the 26th of July and back again yesterday on the 28th. My bus number was 223 yesterday. Overall I cannot complain about the bus, it is clean and tidy, accept for the fact that there was no toiletpaper in the toilet, but the service is really very bad. The Intercape bus service advert that you play on board is quite the opposite of what people are getting. The Intercape personnel is very rude and un-supportive. Unfriendly too. Firstly the way they throw your suitcases into the bus trailer is uncalled for and when you get to your destination they rely on passengers to tell them which cases are theirs and they don't even check the tickets to make sure. Why I ask you is there a number on the suitcase as well as on your ticket if they are not making sure you take only your own luggage. Then another thing, you claim on your on-board entertainment video that you are a Christian service and that you pray before every departure and on every arrival, but your personnel is rude and nobody interacts with you during the route. So no prayer at all. Then there is the silence at every stop. No announcement that we are now at this town or nearing this town, nothing. There are old people on these busses. Some of them are very deep sleepers. I was sitting next to a lady and luckily I asked her when she got on where she was going. She didn't even wake up when we got to her destination. If I hadn't woken her she would not have gotten off at her stop. I have been riding Intercape for many years. The personnel was always friendly and helpful, especially the ladies on cabin crew, which is now obviously not there anymore. We were always informed where we were. Always greeted with a smile. Not anymore. I will be travelling with Eldo Coaches from now on. Had enough of bad service and busses that is late most of the time. This weekend's experience was not the first time. Really disappointed!